AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 15 18.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 25.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 28.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 19.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-02, 13:05   Link #21
Sakuratsuki

I started watching this anime a few days ago and I must say It's surprisingly good. It's not from sunrise but it does have the Valvavre vibes.

Oh, and poor Slaine is going to get tough times. And I must say I never have seen an anime character like Inaho before. Everyone is panicking around him because of war and he is like just keep calm everything will be fine. Almost emotionless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Totally unfair. Not only did the blonde boy meet the princess first but he had her lips first! Our dark hair'd hero has no chance!
That was just her trying to save the guy. I don't see any romantic intentions behind her actions.
If you ask me the princess is kinda interested in Inaho.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2014-08-02 at 13:15.
Old 2014-08-02, 13:14   Link #22
Jerseykid

Totally unfair. Not only did the blonde boy meet the princess first but he had her lips first! Our dark hair'd hero has no chance!
Old 2014-08-02, 13:15   Link #23
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Imagine Slane be his destined rival like in all those other mecha animes but with no mask.
He's the protagonist with Inaho and Asseylum, not a rival character. He's more of a foil (think Suzako and Lelouch, or Haruto and L-Elf). He's busy with his own storyarc right now to care about Inaho's exploits.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-02, 13:22   Link #24
Raviel

Man, I can't help but feel sorry Slaine at the moment, he's the one who has to deal with all the political intrigue and douche bags while Inaho and co. go on a (sort of) merry sail across the ocean to relative safety.

I believe the episode could have done without the fight on the ship, that whole segment was the only thing that felt out of place during the whole time I was watching. It's like they wanted to force a mech fight for the sake of having a mech fight. I know it's a weird thing to complain about in a mecha show but we could have seen so much more of Mars in the time it took Inaho to drown Vlad.

tl;dr

As of now it looks like Inaho and co. are just waiting for the plot to pick up while Slaine is busy doing all the interesting things that don't involve mechs.

P.S. I'm starting to think Cruhteo isn't all that bad a person (if you don't count his dislike for Terrans anyway), he just so happens to be completely out of the loop with regards to the assassination. I'm starting to think he has Eddard Stark levels of thinking when it comes to anything that concerns what is and is not honorable.

Last edited by Raviel; 2014-08-02 at 13:33.
Old 2014-08-02, 13:28   Link #25
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
That's two Martian downed by Inaho and zero for the Earth's army, the emperor seem to be a reasonable authority but easily manipulated. So what you gonna do now Slaine?

There's no need to toned down the amounts of Inaho's brain cells, the Martian is just need to grow some of their own's.
Yeah basically though at this point I don't see what the difference is between an OP character in grunt mech vs. a character in an OP mech and it's arguably more implausible that there's just some kid who is not only light years ahead of the rest of the Earth Army in fighting against these Martian mechs but is able to do it pretty much alone using only some pseudo-science and basic strategy 101. Characters have not been this shows strength to say the least in terms of plausibility for the setting. The ideas the show has are not bad, but it's just executing on most of them with the blunt force of a sledgehammer and rule of cool factor all the way. It's just kind of.....not exactly what I was expecting 5 episodes in to say the least but has it's moments, though most of them pertain to future potential. If you're just looking for a spectacle I'm sure it's okay, but I kind of had higher expectations for this show for this point in it's run.

My question is what's up with the Emperor? I mean FINALLY and I mean FINALLY we get a Martian character besides the princess that isn't just a sneering ambition monster whose sole thought process seems to be "KILL ALL HUMANS!" yet early on and with the back story stuff you get the impression this was supposed to be the guy that instilled that idea of superiority in the colonists in the first place. He's also really easily fooled at the end of the episode (more on that in sec) though so I guess it's hard to call him all that reasonable or a factor after all so much as a figurehead. It's amusing though, like so much for the big bad Emperor with the power of Aldnoah that everyone on Mars looks up to and respects enough to reinstate as emperor again.

The emperors reasons for reinstating the conflict really don't make a whole lot of sense to me. It's like he learns the princess is alive so rather than investigating he's just going to reinstate the conflict to get her back? I don't follow the logic of this guy at all? It's also kind of amusing that yet again with an Urobuchi story concept bad things always seem to happen as a result of altruistic tendencies while it's the one dimensional nihilists that don't give a damn about anything that get results. I feel like there's an edict to achieve a certain dichotomy here that is in line with Urobuchi's personal beliefs that without him writing the actual script the current script writer is kind of struggling to carry out effectively and in a sensible way.

Also yet again the weakness to the Martian mech is water, only this time they don't even need to team up and have someone deliver the finishing blow, the mech literally just explodes when it hits the water making this mech possibly even more impractical than the Nikoleras. I mean in 15 years of planning the Martians couldn't reason that maybe they'd need to have units that weren't totally susceptible to being rendered worthless the second they come into contact with a large source of water. The all mighty power of Aldnoah felled by the most common liquid element on the planet.....yeah this show is meant to be about the absurd ironies isn't it.

Not really the strongest showing again this week, but the plot does move forward little by little and it looks like they are sort of almost kind of trying to introduce some nuance to the narrative, but at this rate everything just continues to feel like a foil towards enabling Inaho and it's beginning to make me ask what's the point. He's literally the only character that has been remotely effective in anything he tries to do and who has yet to suffer even the slightest setback beyond some friend dying he doesn't care about. It really relegates the tension I'm probably supposed to be feeling from this narrative to the kind of ho-hum department.
Old 2014-08-02, 13:29   Link #26
Tranhieu

Inaho is just way OP while that knight with beam katana is a down to earth idiot. There seems to be no discipline among the Orbital Knights, they are all acting like kids who got their hands on laser weapons.

And that emperor is just weird, but I'm looking at the hypothesis that there're more than 1 emperor appearing in this episode so no complain for now.

At this point I prefer Slaine over Inaho. He's fighting to protect those lips and that's a perfectly valid reason (within the scope of this show).
Old 2014-08-02, 13:37   Link #27
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol. And here I thought the Emperor might actually be the voice of sanity among the martians this show sorely needed.

NOPE.
Old 2014-08-02, 13:42   Link #28
Wandering Soul

Even during the speech where they are announcing an armistice they still have to cram in some insults on Terrians. I'm worried about Slaine since now one of the people involved in the princess's assassination knows that he knows the truth and will probably take steps to silence him. It's real nice to see Slaine taking steps to try the stop the war in his own way.

Inaho strikes again and comes up with a plan to take down another Martian. I thought Vlad might actually survive for a second and become sort of a rival for Inaho but I still like that Inaho took him out. I am also surprised that Rayet is the first one to pick up Inaho after the fight but that could leave some development for her so let's see. Although I am still confused about Inaho asking Yuki about his Pajamas when he was about to go out.

I guess Marito is going to be like Jamil from Gundam X and have cockpit phobia for part of the series. Partof his development might be about over coming it. I was also hoping that the Emperor would be more rational but nope.
Old 2014-08-02, 13:45   Link #29
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol. And here I thought the Emperor might actually be the voice of sanity among the martians this show sorely needed.

NOPE.
We still don't know if he is just using that as cover while investigating the murder or not.

I came into this show knowing that it will have either an OP pilot or OP mech and they are both the same thing. I am just watching it and enjoying the show as is without comparing it to "real life". These Martians are obviously over confident and from royalty that probably gets pampered all life with no real combat training. These guys got their head so far up their ass that they think humans are just ants and they could just squashed an entire country single handed. I find it funny how we get complaints from the same person every episode, but they keep coming back and watching more.

Would be nice of the captain gets all cougar and snatch up Inaho
Old 2014-08-02, 13:48   Link #30
ookamigirl

So we finally got to see how Slaine met the Princess.
He finally got a bigger spotlight.
Inaho got the recognition he deserved.
Looks like things are changing with Vers.
I admire Inaho's calmness.
He sure got rid of that plasma sword mecha with ease.
Slaine made an attempt to stop the meaningless war.
It's a shame his majesty got fooled..
Now Slaine is in a world of trouble..

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-08-02, 13:54   Link #31
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
We still don't know if he is just using that while investigating the murder or not.
Even if we assume that, his declaration of war could still easily lead to countless of terran deaths all for the sake of getting time to search for the truth. If it does then it would take a lot for me to consider him any less of an arsehole than most of the other martians we've seen. And if it doesn't...well...I'd be pretty damn amazed if it doesn't.

There is still the possibility that thing aren't what they seem with the emperor but I've also been making similar excuses for a lot of other plot elements in this show and I'm starting to get a little impatient to be honest.

I really do hope things are a little more complicated than what they appear to be but even then it would need to answer a lot.
Old 2014-08-02, 14:02   Link #32
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, Slaine will have to escape now. The martians could kill him since he told that to the Emperor.
Old 2014-08-02, 14:06   Link #33
TheDisruptiveOne

Weird that Rayet was the one that showed up to help Inaho. All of his friends are running and are excited to collect him. And they let some random girl do it as soon as they arrive at the pod?

And I am apparently different than some of you guys. I just can't get interested in what is going on with Slaine. Skipping right through his flashback scene.
Old 2014-08-02, 14:10   Link #34
Crimson Cloak
We Like Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Weird that Rayet was the one that showed up to help Inaho. All of his friends are running and are excited to collect him. And they let some random girl do it as soon as they arrive at the pod?
When they started running, Rayet was already gone. She was way ahead of them.
Old 2014-08-02, 14:13   Link #35
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it wasn't CPR. i'm pretty sure she was sucking the water out of his system.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-08-02, 14:22   Link #36
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Count Saazbaum, I have high hope in this guy right here for not being someone without a brain. Slaine acted smart but was outsmarted, I really hope he quickly learned about this Terran named Inaho who kicked two Martian's asses. He should pull some decent brain vs. brain battle in the battlefield against Inaho. If Inaho still effortless kicked his ass, I'll give up on Martian having any brain at all...
Old 2014-08-02, 14:26   Link #37
tsunade666

Is what the princess done really CPR? she is more like sucking the water inside Slaine's mouth and if you increase the volume you will hear she is throwing the water up. Its like sucking the poison out of the wound. Is CPR also that? isn't artificial breathing?

I enjoyed this episode though the beginning is shocking with Slaine in a pod entering the palace grounds.

The battle is nice. I don't see the problem with Inaho. I like his silent type character that show few emotions. I also like his strategy and don't see them as OPness. I think the martian pilots are just dumb -_- but it looks like among them. Someone has brains like that count that frame Slaine up. He is shaping up into interesting enemy.
Old 2014-08-02, 14:27   Link #38
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloak View Post
When they started running, Rayet was already gone. She was way ahead of them.
Maybe. Rayet does seem to be on the same wavelength as Inaho. Able to understand his strategies when no one else is. And I swear the two of them wear the same facial expression at all times.
Old 2014-08-02, 14:34   Link #39
dark44

well about the frist scene it looks like shipping for me and about inaho op he doesnt have strong mecha he needs to be smart and if slain coudnt steal one of the mecha he well be useless in this war cause he doesnt look smart like inaho
Old 2014-08-02, 14:35   Link #40
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Count Saazbaum, I have high hope in this guy right here for not being someone without a brain. Slaine acted smart but was outsmarted, I really hope he quickly learned about this Terran named Inaho who kicked two Martian's asses. He should pull some decent brain vs. brain battle in the battlefield against Inaho. If Inaho still effortless kicked his ass, I'll give up on Martian having any brain at all...
That wouldn't make sense, Slaine is a Terran.
Closed Thread