AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-03-02, 02:23   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 530 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

some pics have been released, but so far no complete spoiler...

Quote:
-Fanfare abounds as the alliance cheers over the defeat of Gin/Kinkaku. Darui seals the jars and begins to look for any of the other legendary items that are lying around...

-Team Shikimaru shtick. Ino congratulates Chouji for not crapping his pants; Shikamaru complains; and Ino whines…

Team Shika then engages Kakuzu. Kakuzu unleashes his hearts, and mentions that he thinks Hidan is still alive (since he was not summoned from the dead).

-Team Shika then notice Asuma…

-Team Shika is unsettled with the potential of fighting Kakuzu and Asuma, until Shikaku communicates that Kakuzu will be dealt with by Kotetu and Izumo and Darui; leaving Asuma to Team Shika.

-Additionally, Dan is fighting Chouza and Hizashi is fighting Hiashi.

-Cut to chapter end, Chiyo and Hanzou attack Kankurou's group. Hanzou summons one of his Salamanders (guess that carries over even in death), which spews forth a mist that poisons Kankurou. As Hanzou swoops in for the killing blow, Mifune steps in and parries the attack.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-03-02 at 12:08.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 02:45   Link #2
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Ohwee!
Asumaaaa
Old 2011-03-02, 04:20   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Samurai is taking action...though after seeing the claymores taking action and seeing no one piece for the week, the result won't matter much...as usual..
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 11:34   Link #4
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Izumo and Kotetsu vs. Kakuzu eh?

Now there's a re-match I bet everyone was just dying to see.

They've fought Kakuzu before but there's not a snowball's chance in hell that they could take him without help. Looks like Ino-Shika-Cho are busy with Asuma, Chouza w/ Dan, Hisashi w/ Hizashi and Darui's been weakened so I'd guess Kitsuchi's left to face Kakuzu. Hanzo vs. Mifune. Seems random, but why not? I can't really think of a more fitting opponent for either of them. I'm hoping Hanzo summons a salamander

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 11:53   Link #5
james0246

^Tsunade of Oonoki could have fought Hanzou.... But, yeah no one else really fits the match-up for Hanzou. Maybe if Konan was still alive she could have fought him, but since she was killed off there's no one left with a firm connection to the former giant, so Mifune will have to do for now...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 14:27   Link #6
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Whew, most of the gimmicky characters are out of the way. I actually Like Hanzo. To me he was like the original Danzo B4 I knew danzo existed and someone like him could be apart of Konoha. I especially liked how Madara was the head of his village for a while. His ability to single handedly best the Sanin was an important power/skill level mental bookmark for me. I hope he uses some cool jutsu and tactics.

Just realized. Never saw naruto do anything but learn improved jutsu since water walking. No personal skill training, no combat technique or strategy. Just more powerful jutsu. . . .

1.2.3.4.FIIIFFF!

Last edited by Kotengu; 2011-03-02 at 14:28. Reason: plead the fif
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 15:23   Link #7
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Tsunade of Oonoki could have fought Hanzou.... But, yeah no one else really fits the match-up for Hanzou. Maybe if Konan was still alive she could have fought him, but since she was killed off there's no one left with a firm connection to the former giant, so Mifune will have to do for now...
In the early days I always believed that one day, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke would fight him, but now that is impossible and not important anymore.
Old 2011-03-02, 15:26   Link #8
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I'm glad it was confirmed Ino did indeed improve her technique. It makes what she did against Kinkaku a little easier to swallow. And looks like I was wrong about Darui, he'll be helping out against Kakuzu afterall. Kakuzu pointing out that Hidan probably isn't dead was interesting. I guess this means Hidan could return afterall, though I'm not holding my breath on that.

Dan's actually instructing Chouza on how to defeat him and warning him about what jutsu he's about to use. Kabuto might want to start thinking harder about which zombies keep their personalities

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 15:30   Link #9
Kallen4life

Hanzou vs Mifune sounds ok .. rest - couldn't care less

please show me at least a glimpse of Itachi/Nagato/Gaara/Mizukage/Madara .. or hell, even Sasuke
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 15:31   Link #10
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I guess this means Hidan could return afterall, though I'm not holding my breath on that.
Hidan's head got legs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
please show me at least a glimpse of Itachi/Nagato/Gaara/Mizukage/Madara .. or hell, even Sasuke
The main dishes will be for the last... just like a boxing menu.

Ok, Kishi amaze me with some epical battle between a Ninja and a Samurai... no BS will be allowed it.
Old 2011-03-02, 15:43   Link #11
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

I just love it. Mifune finally took action. Maybe the samurai are not that bad after all. His taijutsu and speed seem to match Hanzou's.
If they can restrain the Kage then they might be able to pull quite something. I may be a totally naive fanboy, but I think I like what I see. I think Kishi needed some cannon fodder back at the Kage summit and because there was a limit on how many ninjas the Kage could take to the summit, samurai were used instead.
Now the only named samurai is going to show what he can do.

There are various ways for Mifune to be a decent match for ninjas. He can have trained his body to resist poison, maybe he's immune to genjutsu because he does not use chakra like ninjas do (just vague) and I think the samurai mainly focus on weapons, to be more precise swords. I remember one of them using some kind of energy on his blade. Was it chakra?
Old 2011-03-02, 15:50   Link #12
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I can kind of see Choji dying here. The conflict is between Shikamaru and Asuma. So Ino and Choji sort of feel in the way. Plus I thought Kishi sort of foreshadowed it with the chapter being called "Choji's Determination"

If Darui is getting another fight that should mean multiple fights are in order for a number of the characters. Kishi even brought back the two gay guys who guard Konoha's gate!

Hanzou vs. Mifune seems so random. Kishi does seem to want to show off the generals. But Mifune is such a blank state. Like Darui. I guess the other will fight the fodder Mifune brought. Mifune does have two bodyguards who I forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
Hanzou vs Mifune sounds ok .. rest - couldn't care less

Funny cause I couldn't care less about those guys. I find them boring. I am enjoying seeing characters I care about. I want to see the Team 10 fight. I am sure in future chapters they will show them and I'll deal with it. Even though I don't care about them.
Old 2011-03-02, 16:03   Link #13
Akachou

Did you just say that Chouji will die? Do you mean it? Asuma won't kill Chouji. I can't believe it. What bugs me is that every single person from the past is so goddamn awesome. Now Tsunade's lover is a big number, too. Oh no, stop me from doing it, stop me fatso!
What's that supposed to mean? Katou Dan... Ghost Transformation Jutsu... seriously...

Hahaha!

Oh my god...

If Tsunade had not hesitated back then, Kabuto could not have summoned Dan. Jiraiya is dead anyways. From today's point of view, they should have used Jiraiya's body to incarnate Dan with his full willpower. Orochimaru could have taken over Sasuke when he was able to keep the control over him and Tsunade would have her lover back who would not fight against her comrades now. On top of that, if his jutsu is that good, it might have helped defeating Pain.

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 16:09   Link #14
Slayerx

One thing unintentionally funny about this chapter...
Ino-Shika_Chou standing there chatting with Kakuzu while he's in middle of ripping out someone's still beating heart

Chouji: it's him
Kakuzu: how's it going?
Generic Ninja: WHY ISN'T ANYONE HELPING ME!
Shika: we already know how to beat you
Kakuzu: so i guess you beat hidan
ino: who cares about that freak
Generic Ninja: OH GOD HE'S TEARING OUT MY HEART!
Kakuzu: I don't
Ninja: *dead*
Kakazu: I just needed to keep wasting your time while i finished up here

Also Shikimaru... killing him 5 times will only stop his mask beast thingy's and prevent him from using other elements... he's an immotral zombie now and doesn't need any hearts to keep fighting in general
Old 2011-03-02, 16:13   Link #15
Akachou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
One thing unintentionally funny about this chapter...
Ino-Shika_Chou standing there chatting with Kakuzu while he's in middle of ripping out someone's still beating heart

Chouji: it's him
Kakuzu: how's it going?
Ninja: WHY ISN'T ANYONE HELPING ME!
Shika: we already know how to beat you
Kakuzu: so i guess you beat hidan
ino: who cares about that freak
Ninja: OH GOD HE'S TEARING OUT MY HEART!
Kakuzu: I don't
Ninja: *dead*
Kakazu: I just needed to keep wasting your time while i finished up here

Also Shikimaru... killing him 5 times will only stop his mask beast thingy's and prevent him from using other elements... he's an immotral zombie now and doesn't need any hearts to keep fighting in general
Yes, that was fun.

What will he do if he doesn't get five different elements? What would he do with Ino's, Chouji's and Shikamaru's hearts? ^^

Beware, the Copy Ninja Kakashi is going on a rampage! xD

The world is yours.
Akachou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 16:22   Link #16
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Please let Choji die. I can't stand his blubbering. Too bad we couldn't off Kankuro. After acting like a big man taking out Sasori without his puppets, it would have been pleasing to see him croak here.

I just can't get into Hanzou vs. Mifune. It's the same thing as with Darui before. Mifune was never developed. So Kakashi isn't going to get Hanzou?

I do care about Shikamaru vs. Asuma since I know Kishimoto will give something interesting to Shikamaru. A new shadow tech or using the chakra knvies. He has been too quiet with Shikamaru. And Shika actually seems like he wants to kick Asuma's ass.

TTenten found the banana fan! Look at page 4. Tenten's rampage coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
That was Ino who said that. The girl who once said Hidan and Kakuzu were using their immortality to their advantage.

I actually thought it was cool that Kakazu and Shikamaru were having a civil conversation while he was ripping out a guy's heart. Haha "shadow boy"
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 16:32   Link #17
AnbuItachi

hanzou kicked the 3 lengedary ninjas butt. i'll be surprised if mifune wins
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 16:43   Link #18
Ero-Senn1n

I think a good sign that this war is becoming boring right now is that i don't know who Kotetu and Izumo are.
I just hope that soon things will become more messy, some old people should die in this war, for example the fathers of Ino-Shika-Cho, to make room for the new generation, same way the raikage and tsunade to make room for Darui and Naruto to be kages. As for the rock village kage i don't see any good candidate, maybe the girl will be it if all others die. If people like Jiraiya and Asuma could be killed then i see no problem with killing a lot more named characters in this war. Until now the body count is 0, this is disappointing. Maybe Naruto sensing something bad is a hint from Kishimoto that now finally the war will become real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
hanzou kicked the 3 lengedary ninjas butt. i'll be surprised if mifune wins
That was when the 3 sannins were young. They became much stronger later. But now Kishi should not weaken the zombie, we know that Hanzo can do that super speed movement jutsu from the flashbacks, so i hope he uses that here too.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 16:46   Link #19
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I think a good sign that this war is becoming boring right now is that i don't know who Kotetu and Izumo are.
I journey through the desert
Of the mind with no hope
I found low
I drift along the ocean
Dead lifeboats in the sun
And come undone
Pleasently caving in
I come undone
Heaven smiles above me
No one knows
Old 2011-03-02, 17:16   Link #20
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I think the war is now finally exciting. Even the art is frantic. Kishi shouldn't have gone two chapters just focsuing on Darui. The war is better when you have other action going on. And there just feels like bad things can happen. There might be some deaths. Let's be honest, Kakashi's rampage is meaningless since nothing bad is going to happen to Kakashi. This is no doubt what will happen. But I can see some deaths here.

Mifune can't lose since that means Kankuro dies. And that won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
TTenten found the banana fan! Look at page 4. Tenten's rampage coming up.
How can she even use it? You were suppose to need amazing chakra to wield any of the treasures. But then that might have gone out the window with Darui.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion