AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-18, 05:10   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 625 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

And so, the tragic story of merman island's past continues! As always credit goes to aohige for translation:

-Chapter title is "Uninherited will". The ministory takes place at the Baratie, which is undergoing some remodeling. Zeff is shown reading the paper.....

-The injured world noble, saint Myosgald (or Myothguld) arrives at the island in order to reclaim his old slaves from Jinbei. The angry former slaves yell for the noble's death and point their guns at him, but queen Otohime shields him, getting shot in his place. She tells them to throw away the guns while the children are watching, as well as Jinbei. The younger Shirahoshi asks her brother Fukaboshi what the nobles are, and he answers that he's a human......

-The former slaves ask their queen why she's protecting the scum who enslaved them in the first place. She answers that they mustn't allow the children to be influenced by their contempt for the humans, which reminds Jinbei of Tiger's dying speech. The noble picks up a gun from the ground and points it at the queen, and it's at this time that Shirahoshi begins to cry. Somehow, her crying attracts gigantic sea kings, which amazes everyone present (including Hody Jones,) and forms a new legend about the princess. We then see Van der Decken (the summary apparently mentions the first generation Decken, though this is most likely an error), who at that moment decides to marry the princess.

-The world noble passes out, and Otohime has his wounds tended. When he recovers, the aristocrat swears vengeance against those who pointed guns at him. The mermen object to letting him leave the island, but the queen says she'll take him back home. Neptune tries to stop her, but it's too late. A week later, Otohime returns to the island, clutching a paper, and history moves on to its next event.......

Hmmm.... so Otohime still didn't die yet (bet james will be annoyed about this one! ). As always, the nobles proved themselves to be nothing but huge douchebags. Still, the thing about Shirahoshi controlling sea kings is pretty interesting (and apparently, that may be the reason why Decken wants to marry her....). Wonder what's the deal with the paper the queen's holding, as well? Oh well, we'll find out next week, I guess. But for now, let's just wait for the release of the current chapter, shall we?
Old 2011-05-18, 06:20   Link #2
kiak666

Hmm, could it be that Shirahoshi is secretly a Haki user without even realising it herself.
Old 2011-05-18, 08:58   Link #3
james0246

Marvel's correct, I am upset that Otohime is still alive . I'll wait for a full spoiler before lamenting her life, but the initial description sounds fairly...strange (to say the least)...

edit: Considering the papers in her hands at the end of the episode, I wonder if Otohime had found a way of brokering peace between humans and fishmen? Her assassination then would be from fishmen dissidents who do not desire peace...(which was the major speculation to begin with).

Addiitonally, did the Tenryuubito collapse due to injuries, or was it Shirahoshi's cry?

Last edited by james0246; 2011-05-18 at 10:21.
Old 2011-05-18, 10:35   Link #4
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'd like to point out what I brought up in the last thread, if the current time in this flashback is when Shirahoshi is 4 years old, Otohime won't die for another 2 years.
As Shirahoshi was cursed at aged 6(?) which is said to be at the time of Otohime death so if Oda is keeping with that then yea should be 2 years to go before she dies.

I like the Sea King thing, answering the call of a crying princess, seems very fairy tale like to me, love it!
Old 2011-05-18, 10:50   Link #5
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Chapter's out, and this chapter said Shirahoshi was 6 years old now, so Otohime should be killed pretty soon.

Judging how the Tenryuubito just fell over foaming at the mouth after Shirahoshi's cry, it seems she does indeed have Haoshoku Haki. Are you hinting at something Oda?~

And the Decken family line has been looking for the princess with this ability, so he's not trying to marry her out of love, but for her ability.

Interested to see the specifics behind that paper Otohime has.~
Old 2011-05-18, 10:53   Link #6
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hooo....
so the story won't develop in a tragic way
sasuga Oda~sensei... you have tricked me again

hmm... I wonder why Otohime really want to save that tenryuubito's race (I hate them very much)
what is that paper??
Old 2011-05-18, 11:13   Link #7
yakumo-chan

I've just read the chapter recently..

that paper could be the reason for Otohime to die....

I think Princess Shirahoshi has a Haki ability...

look at the title.. "Uninherited Will"

Will = Haki
Old 2011-05-18, 11:27   Link #8
Prestige

Otohime is such an amazing charecter, I like here more with every passing chapter.

Shirahoshi appears to have same kind of ability that Jinbei have, to be able to call fishes subsonically.

Really good chapter and I really dont want to see Otohime die because she is so amazing charecter... oh and seriosly how much those Tenryobito folks inbred with each other to be so...disfigured .

I *DO* like this flashback, very informative and Otohime alone justifies all these flashback chapters...
Old 2011-05-18, 11:28   Link #9
Kallen4life

well it seems they'll give HH to anyone these days ^^ .. kidding, Shirahoshi's cool B)

nice chappy
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-05-18, 12:19   Link #10
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
The tenryubitto seem to be like children. Incredibly spoiled, sadistic children, but children nevertheless.

Don't know what to think of this chapter...storys slowed quite a bit.
Old 2011-05-18, 12:37   Link #11
yakumo-chan

all tenryubito are bad persons??

come on... Oda should make atleast 1 good person amongst them
Old 2011-05-18, 12:40   Link #12
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
hooo....
so the story won't develop in a tragic way

....Yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Marvel's correct, I am upset that Otohime is still alive .

Thought so. "That darn Oda! How dare he not kill that silly queen yet! Hurry up and snuff her already so we can get back to more important matters like Luffy asking the princess if she poops!"

Seriously though, I enjoyed this chapter. That Miosgard (or Myothguld or however the heck his name is spelled) and his dad are probably the goofiest-looking of the world nobles by far (Miosgard's face actually reminds me a little of Foxy's.....). Kinda makes me think that if/when we eventually do see a noble who's actually decent, they'll be pretty normal-looking by comparison (Sabo doesn't count since he's not a world noble).....

And yeah, definitely looks like Shirahoshi has CoC Haki (looks like the "Shira for Straw-Hat" supporters are about to gain new momentum ). Also nice to know that Decken simply wants to marry her in order to make her his tool, which makes him slightly less of a creep (though still quite creepy nonetheless). And of course, Otohime was great, too. Shielding that piece of trash from the punishment he deserved was one thing, but she must have used some damn hardcore negotiation skills on those nobles if she was able to go to the holy land and come back in one piece. It'll definitely be interesting to learn what the deal is behind that paper she's holding (especially since its contents are what will most likely lead to her tragic demise)......

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
The tenryubitto seem to be like children. Incredibly spoiled, sadistic children, but children nevertheless.

Well, that's... kinda the point. The nobles are just extremely spoiled and incompetent, is all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if their behavior was also a result of generations of inbreeding (such was the case with real-life families of royal/aristocratic descent, after all)......

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-05-18 at 12:54.
Old 2011-05-18, 12:51   Link #13
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
....Yet.
(looks like the "Shira for Straw-Hat" supporters are about to gain new momentum ).
haha true

but me myself also wants the straw hats crew to have a fishman member... if only it happens.... my bet would be shirahoshi or Hordi jones
Old 2011-05-18, 13:16   Link #14
Blackbeard D. Kuma

CoC users are slowly popping up one by one. Shirahoshi's summoning ability can be quite dangerous if she can bring it out consciously.

All in all, nice chapter.
Old 2011-05-18, 13:24   Link #15
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

The Tenryuubito piss me off to no ends everytime I see them I feel like punching through dimensions just falcon punch them, I really wanted one of the fishmen to just stamp on their heads and let them die!

Trash like that shouldn't be allowed to live or breed.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2011-05-18, 13:39   Link #16
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
all tenryubito are bad persons??

come on... Oda should make atleast 1 good person amongst them
indeed... what i like about the marines is that they are gray, you can a nice spectrum of good and evil with them; it makes it possible to hate them, like them, and sympathize with them... but the nobles its just nothing but evil... god forbid we get a good one amongst them who ends up suffering because of the evil his kind have done

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Judging how the Tenryuubito just fell over foaming at the mouth after Shirahoshi's cry, it seems she does indeed have Haoshoku Haki. Are you hinting at something Oda?~ ~
Or he fainted from the horrifying sight of three giagantic sea king's eating what remained of his ship from right behind him
Old 2011-05-18, 14:12   Link #17
Prestige

Where did you guys get your head that Shirahoshi has CoC? You guys really should focus a bit when you read chapters...
Old 2011-05-18, 14:17   Link #18
marvelB

Actually, I was already aware that the noble passed out from looking at the sea kings. I just figured that CoC Haki is what allows Shirahoshi to summon/control those huge sea-beasts, is all.....
Old 2011-05-18, 14:23   Link #19
Prestige

Quote:
Actually, I was already aware that the noble passed out from looking at the sea kings. I just figured that CoC Haki is what allows Shirahoshi to summon/control those huge sea-beasts, is all.....
By your logic Caimie and Jinbei also have CoC aswell.
Old 2011-05-18, 14:23   Link #20
james0246

Quote:
Then again, it could just be because she is a giant mermaid ...

btw, I updated my sig just for you ...
Closed Thread