AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-08-04, 09:06   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1021 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

The time has come! Credit for spoiler info goes to Redon and co. from AP:

-Chapter title is "Demonio". Splash features Franky and Senor Pink.

-Robin vs. Black Maria continues! As the Straw-Hat's giant clone contends with Maria, the enemy pirate realizes that any damage done to the clone will be felt by the main body, as well! She takes full advantage of this, and soon Robin finds herself in a big pinch! However, during this moment of crisis, she has a brief flashback of her time with the Revolutionary Army. Interestingly, Koala wanted to teach her Fish-man Karate, while Sabo offered to train her in the Ryuusouken (Dragon's Claw Fist). She decides to take them up on their offer.... specifically, to learn techniques that use the palm. Back in the present, Robin shows off her prowess as she unleashes a Fish-Man Karate palm attack on Maria! And she's not done, either.... as she next proceeds to reveal another new technique called Demonio Fleur, which transforms her giant clone into a black demon! The demonic clone then clutches Maria, taking her out! As for Brooke, he cleans up the rest of the scrubs with a new move of his own, Phrase D'armes Orchestra....!!!!

-Back at Wano's mainland, at the Tokage port, Luffy is feasting on the food supplies Caribou stored within him.... which were supposed to last a month. The Heart Pirates try to ask the rubber man about the situation on Onigashima, but his mouth is too stuffed with food for him to answer properly, heh. Meanwhile, Momonosuke makes a request of Shinobu: To use her Juku Juku (maturing) powers to age him into an adult body! However, the kunoichi is reluctant to grant this request, because once she ages him, there's no going back to his 8-year old body, despite still possessing the mind of a child....

-Just want to note that once again it's the MAGAZINE on break next week, this time due to a holiday. We might get early spoilers again during the break though, so we'll see!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-08-05 at 11:41.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-04, 09:25   Link #2
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

YES! OH GOD YES!!!

I ALWAYS thought Robin should have picked up some stuff from the Revolutionaries, like Kenbunshoku at least.

Ah, first last week now this week. Robin fans are not just eating, we're feasting!

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-04, 09:26   Link #3
marvelB

Just to add my 2 cents on the info we've got so far.... well, while it's freaking badass to discover that Robin may have trained under both Sabo and Koala during the skip, it does beg the question of why it took her so long to reveal these awesome new techniques? I mean, her creating a literal dark demon with her powers seems to imply she can use CoA haki, so that means she could have kicked more ass as early as Punk Hazard. So far, my best guess is that Oda wanted to hold off on the reveal until a more climactic moment such as this.... but while I can understand that sentiment, Robin gets so few moments to shine that I wish we had hints of her new fighting style earlier.... oh well. Glad to know she didn't leave the RA empty-handed, at least.

Now, as for Momo.... I'm already seeing folks elsewhere speculating that Oda is taking this to a similar direction as Gon vs. Pitou in HxH.I suppose I can see that, though technically it SHOULD be possible to revert him back to his childhood self using Jewelry Bonney's power. Too bad she's probably stuck at Mariejois for the moment, though.....
Old 2021-08-04, 10:27   Link #4
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Chapter title is "Demonio". No splash info yet.

-The chapter mainly focuses on Robin vs. Black Maria. During the fight, Robin has a brief flashback of her time with the Revolutionary Army. Interestingly, Koala wanted to teach her Fish-man Karate, while Sabo offered to train her in the Ryuusouken (Dragon's Claw Fist). Apparently, she even incorporates bits of these two styles into her attacks this chapter! Soon, she shows off another new technique called Demonio Fleur, which transforms her giant clone into a black demon.....!!!!

-Back to Luffy, it appears the rubber man recovered after feasting on some more food. Meanwhile, Momonosuke makes a request of Shinobu: To use her Juku Juku (maturing) powers to age him into an adult body! However, the kunoichi is reluctant to grant this request, because once she ages him, there's no going back to his 8-year old self.....

-Just want to note that once again it's the MAGAZINE on break next week, this time due to a holiday. We might get early spoilers again during the break though, so we'll see!
Disgusting. Only bolding Ryuusouken but not Fishmen Karate. Who's Who much? /s

If Robin does indeed have Haki since the TS, Luffy either didn't sense it or she didn't tell him the truth. Both would be kind of bad. He knew about Zoro or Sanji, either through sensing or by them telling him.

Also good that Momo doesn't need to sacrifice so many years of his life for this single moment.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-04, 12:44   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Just to add my 2 cents on the info we've got so far.... well, while it's freaking badass to discover that Robin may have trained under both Sabo and Koala during the skip, it does beg the question of why it took her so long to reveal these awesome new techniques? I mean, her creating a literal dark demon with her powers seems to imply she can use CoA haki, so that means she could have kicked more ass as early as Punk Hazard. So far, my best guess is that Oda wanted to hold off on the reveal until a more climactic moment such as this.... but while I can understand that sentiment, Robin gets so few moments to shine that I wish we had hints of her new fighting style earlier.... oh well. Glad to know she didn't leave the RA empty-handed, at least.

Now, as for Momo.... I'm already seeing folks elsewhere speculating that Oda is taking this to a similar direction as Gon vs. Pitou in HxH.I suppose I can see that, though technically it SHOULD be possible to revert him back to his childhood self using Jewelry Bonney's power. Too bad she's probably stuck at Mariejois for the moment, though.....
I was thinking that Robin may not mastered Haki or if she didn't learn Haki, I suppose that Sabo's Dragon Claw technique may can be used without Haki. Learning Haki is quite tiring, let alone if Robin use it at Gigantesco stuffs, there should be a time limit for Robin to use it.

For Momo, yeah. She need Jewelry, but I expect Jewelry is with Sabo right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post

If Robin does indeed have Haki since the TS, Luffy either didn't sense it or she didn't tell him the truth. Both would be kind of bad. He knew about Zoro or Sanji, either through sensing or by them telling him.

Also good that Momo doesn't need to sacrifice so many years of his life for this single moment.
Robin wants to lay low as much as possible. You don't want the Cipher Pol to intensify their hunt for Robin if they find out that Robin possesses Haki right after two years. If she does show it off from the beginning, her bounty may already reach around 300 million at this point.

Robin practically excels in espionage and assassination. One of the assassin's golden rules is to lay low as much as possible, giving possible opponents the slightest intel about her. If there are opponents fighting, give the best and fast kill to erase the witnesses and keeping her true abilities concealed.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-04, 12:49   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sounds like Robin has become quite the power house!
Old 2021-08-05, 12:01   Link #7
marvelB

Summary updated! So, it looks like Robin didn't actually train Dragon's Claw/Fish-man Karate to full mastery, but merely opted to learn palm-based techniques from the two styles. Her Demonio Fleur still looks like it's a haki-based technique, though. Considering how worn out she seems to be after the battle, I think Ramero may be right in that she can probably only use CoA in a very limited capacity. If so, that could definitely explain why she hasn't used it up until now.... it's a double-edged sword that enemies could easily exploit were it common knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Eh, I didn't bold Fish-man Karate since we were already more familiar with it compared to Sabo's fighting style (actually, did we even get its name prior to this chapter? Maybe through a Vivre Card entry? Gotta check on that). And funny you should mention Who's Who, because I wouldn't have put Rokushiki in bold either if Robin somehow managed to learn that, heh.
Old 2021-08-05, 12:52   Link #8
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Eh, I didn't bold Fish-man Karate since we were already more familiar with it compared to Sabo's fighting style (actually, did we even get its name prior to this chapter? Maybe through a Vivre Card entry? Gotta check on that). And funny you should mention Who's Who, because I wouldn't have put Rokushiki in bold either if Robin somehow managed to learn that, heh.
It was in the manga, chapter 743. Sabo said: 竜爪拳:竜の息吹. 竜爪拳 = Ryūsōken 竜の息吹 = Ryū no Ibuki when performing the attack to destroy the ring in Dressrosa.

Of course it was funny to mention Who's Who, otherwise the joke wouldn't have worked. Fishmen racism is probably his most known trait.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-05, 23:13   Link #9
Rainbowman

So what does Momo intend to gain from having an adult body? Hopefully not something perverted. 🤨
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-06, 00:07   Link #10
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sounds like Robin has become quite the power house!
I mean she if awoke her DF, she could probably pull off like Hashirama's Shin Susenju!!!!
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-06, 02:52   Link #11
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Robin Chan!!!!!!! Holy crap this chapter was Incredible! Definitely surprised that Robin can use Armament haki, and cannot wait to see Demono Fleur animated. Excluding the monster trio, I’d say this is probably my favorite straw hat fight since Usopp took out Sugar with observation haki.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-06, 06:08   Link #12
Ramero

After reading the chapter, it seems Robin didn't imbue herself with Haki. I was thinking most likely Oda intends to make the devil look like the actual devil when she's using her Demonio Fleur, so she can be seen as the black devil. I notice that Robin is related to darkness, so it was compatible with her demonic fleur.

If she does imbue herself with Haki, then the fight should be easier.
Old 2021-08-06, 08:51   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
So what does Momo intend to gain from having an adult body? Hopefully not something perverted. 🤨
He said it, become a big dragon.
Old 2021-08-07, 01:50   Link #14
necrolyte

I am really happy that Robin is the spotlight in this couple of chapters as she was left behind for quite some time. About Momo, I really hope the fact that he will grow older doesn't mean that he will join Luffy's crew.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-07, 08:31   Link #15
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
I am really happy that Robin is the spotlight in this couple of chapters as she was left behind for quite some time. About Momo, I really hope the fact that he will grow older doesn't mean that he will join Luffy's crew.
He not. But the fact that he become an adult means that "Kozuki Momonosuke" could become the ruler of the "Wano" country so the country doesn't be ruling by a child.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-07, 11:28   Link #16
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I was thinking that Robin may not mastered Haki or if she didn't learn Haki, I suppose that Sabo's Dragon Claw technique may can be used without Haki. Learning Haki is quite tiring, let alone if Robin use it at Gigantesco stuffs, there should be a time limit for Robin to use it.

For Momo, yeah. She need Jewelry, but I expect Jewelry is with Sabo right now.

Robin wants to lay low as much as possible. You don't want the Cipher Pol to intensify their hunt for Robin if they find out that Robin possesses Haki right after two years. If she does show it off from the beginning, her bounty may already reach around 300 million at this point.

Robin practically excels in espionage and assassination. One of the assassin's golden rules is to lay low as much as possible, giving possible opponents the slightest intel about her. If there are opponents fighting, give the best and fast kill to erase the witnesses and keeping her true abilities concealed.

The Straw Hats don’t kill.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-07, 11:30   Link #17
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
He not. But the fact that he become an adult means that "Kozuki Momonosuke" could become the ruler of the "Wano" country so the country doesn't be ruling by a child.
Or maybe his sister will take that spot and Momo WILL join the crew, like his father Oden.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-07, 17:05   Link #18
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
The Straw Hats don’t kill.
She didn't kill after she joins, but before that, most likely she did it for survival.
Old 2021-08-07, 22:57   Link #19
itachi-san314

Wow the Robin fight was great! That's going to be crazy when it's animated.

Interesting development with Momo. I figured the Strawhats would leave Wano and then we'd see him as big as Oden after a time skip, but I guess we'll just get right to it now In that form, he'll probably be able to land a blow on Kaido too

I don't see why he'd join the Strawhats. Wano is going to need a lot of help when this is over and this alteration will make him a more acceptable leader. I wonder if his voice will change too? I assume so or it'd be weird
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-08, 05:18   Link #20
necrolyte

I hope you are right guys and he stays to rule Wano after the fight is over, somehow I don't want him to join the crew. I think Luffy should be the only who can hear the voice of all things in this crew, this is his most unique and foreshadowed power.

On the chapter again, maan now that I've read it in full it is really awesome chapter. I really like this form of Robin and also I was really missing her in the last couple of years. I hope Oda will give her more screentime in the years to come.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote