Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-14, 14:35   Link #1
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

Rasengan: Most useful Jutsu?

Well here's the thing:
Rasengan can be used to 'drill' things if you contain the chakra and you (probably) have the ultimate weapon your hands.

If you release the chakra you can 'fire' it forward to an opponent for example.
This is like perfect.
Naruto (at least from what i've seen in ep95) doesn't need a long range jutsu anymore, he has Rasengan, allthough nothing can stop him from learning another.

Am I right on this one? ehh? Am I? Am I?

(this is my first thread ever so don't say nasty things and just close it)

Last edited by hokagenaruto3; 2004-08-14 at 16:11.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 14:47   Link #2
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagenaruto3
Well here's the thing:
Rasengan can be used to 'drill' things if you contain the chakra and you (probably) have the ultimate weaponin your hands.

If you release the chakra you can 'fire' it forward to an opponent for example.
This is like perfect.
Naruto (at least from what i've seen in ep95) doesn't need a long range jutsu anymore, he has Rasengan, allthough nothing can stop him from learning another.

Am I right on this one? ehh? Am I? Am I?

(this is my first thread ever so don't say nasty things and just close it)
what makes you think he can fire it anywhere?

Its useful but not really useful, its only a destructive jutsu. some other jutsus have way more uses and can do multiple things
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 14:49   Link #3
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
what makes you think he can fire it anywhere?

Its useful but not really useful, its only a destructive jutsu. some other jutsus have way more uses and can do multiple things

My thoughts exactly, in my opinion the Kage Bushin is by far more useful.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 14:51   Link #4
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

He used it on Kabuto and Kabuto flew away, surrounded by a sphere of chakra The maintained it's concentration untill it met with that rock.
Now the two questions are: How far would it have gone if it didn't collide with the rock?
Could he have fired the jutsu without hitting Kabuto with it in melee, thus without an object to 'stick' it in?

I see no reason why it couldn't be

Ok, I strongly agree that the title of this topic is shit...

But please discuss on my question
Old 2004-08-14, 14:51   Link #5
sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
My thoughts exactly, in my opinion the Kage Bushin is by far more useful.
I would say Kawarimi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagenaruto3
He used it on Kabuto and Kabuto flew away, surrounded by a sphere of chakra The maintained it's concentration untill it met with that rock.
Now the two questions are: How far would it have gone if it didn't collide with the rock?
Could he have fired the jutsu without hitting Kabuto with it in melee, thus without an object to 'stick' it in?

I see no reason why it couldn't be
If the concentrated of chakra was released, what makes you think it would still remain in a perfect sphere? I don't recall the Rasengan flying anywhere.
sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 14:56   Link #6
yinstro

it caused kabuto to fly back, i dont think it has the potential to for a ranged attack.
Old 2004-08-14, 14:57   Link #7
HoboGod
Necromancer

Rasengan is easily dodged. Naruto was lucky enough to think up a way to hold kabuto, but that wont work everytime. Naruto seriously needs to find something else to fall back on or improve his taijutsu.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 14:59   Link #8
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

But it was stopped by the rock and I didn't see it 'dismantle'
It still 'drilled' the rock, but then after 0.5 meters it dissolved.

I think in the latest chapter, Naruto really showed some improvement in taijutsu.
I wa sonly suprised The collided their jutsu's instead of attacking each other's body with it
Old 2004-08-14, 15:08   Link #9
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

And I've double checked it.
The jutsu went about 10 times the length of naruto's size (his body was as big as my finger tip). I put one finger after another and I counted untill a finger met the rock that the Rasengan collided with.
If Naruto was 1.60 the jutsu flew about 16 meters.

if you want to check this yourself watch the conversation between oro and Jiraiya
when Orochimaru says "That kid isn't doing well"
Old 2004-08-14, 15:08   Link #10
HoboGod
Necromancer

i admit that Rasengan would be a good technique to destroy piece of land in the way.

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2004-08-14, 15:09   Link #11
yinstro

yea hobo is correct, rasengen is only as good as naruto's ability to land a blow on an opponent. not only that, but a blow that takes like a 5 sec charge time. i think kage bushin is way more useful for him. and im sure there a number of other jutsu that are way more useful. the sand jounins (lteacher of gaara's genin team)ability to take a sword to the shoulder, various summon jutsu. etc

kabuto went that far, the jutsu hit kabuto. much like when jiraiya first used it the guy flew back, but the rasengen had already done its thing
Old 2004-08-14, 15:14   Link #12
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

I'm sorry if I wrote it in a way that made you understand something else, but you don't get my point.

I'm wondering if you even need to stuff the Rasengan in one's stomach, considering it flew about 16 meters. You could also fire it.
Old 2004-08-14, 15:16   Link #13
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Ofcourse it is. It has other great functions as well. Like washing dishes. It walks the dog. You can use it to propel yourself as if it was a jetpack. Very functional and practical, that rasengan.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 15:19   Link #14
yinstro

think of it like this, you can use your hand to hit a ball far away, that doesnt mean you can fire your hand off you arm as far as teh ball went
Old 2004-08-14, 15:19   Link #15
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

And another thing. Yinstro the jutsu was still active when kabuto flew away and it didn't do it's thing yet.
If you watch closely, you'll see a blue, shiny thing (Rasengan) attached to a black figure (Kabuto) surrounded by a 'sphere' of chakra that still maintains it's orb and is thus still rotating to all directions, thus still 'drilling' to what lies within or without it's path

Last edited by hokagenaruto3; 2004-08-14 at 16:13.
Old 2004-08-14, 15:21   Link #16
HoboGod
Necromancer

ah, i see what you are getting at, but if he threw a rock in the air and hit it with Rasengan, it would probably smash the rock to dust. Naruto is probably better off molding chakra in his arm and throwing a weapon as hard as he can.
Old 2004-08-14, 15:33   Link #17
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

I don't think The rasengan would 'explode' by a small rock, But you are right hobogod.
If Naruto fired it against a Jounin, the Jounin would just do a "Doton: Doryuu Heki"
(Earth element: Earth Wall) and it might stop the rasengan. However, it could be usefull perhaps in certain conditions to fire the rasengan.

about the Kunai you are right, but would make him completely unstoppable is just to fill his arm/body with so much chakra, that he could even be moved (Naruto Vs. Haku, but even more extreme than that). It's much simpler and powerfull, but easy to dodge.
Old 2004-08-14, 15:48   Link #18
treetrall-sama

Send a message via ICQ to treetrall-sama Send a message via MSN to treetrall-sama
All those side effects have they just put on to make it look cooler.. do you think it means anything ?. That the technique has a background and special side effects ?.
treetrall-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 15:48   Link #19
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
yea hobo is correct, rasengen is only as good as naruto's ability to land a blow on an opponent. not only that, but a blow that takes like a 5 sec charge time.
It doen't really take Naruto that long to charge the rasengan, they just draw it out in the anime.
Anyway to get on topic, while naruto could possibly throw the rasengan like a grenade, it would really suck if he could fire it at the target. Once that happens you might as well have team 7 go off searching for 7 balls that when combined grant a wish.
Actually now that I wrote it that way, does anyone think it's possible that team 7 is a dragonball reference? Kishimoto is a fan... Of course it's more likely it's a coincidence.
Old 2004-08-14, 15:49   Link #20
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheen
I would say Kawarimi.
Well while it is useful, its only use really is to evade an attack. Based on versatility, ild say Kage Bushin is better, as Naruto has shown us countless times. Even the third manipulated it to seal 3 people instead of 1.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote