AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-08-19, 18:32   Link #1
The Starfall Knight
Starlight Writer

Send a message via AIM to The Starfall Knight
Girls Bravo ep. 3 crashes my windows explorer.

Hey. I'm having trouble with Lunar's fansub of Girls Bravo episode 3. Everything else I've downloaded from them works fine. Is anyone else having trouble with it? I've tried redownloading it with bittorrent countless times, and then with bitornado. I don't know what's wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 2004-08-19, 21:27   Link #2
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Starfall Knight
Hey. I'm having trouble with Lunar's fansub of Girls Bravo episode 3. Everything else I've downloaded from them works fine. Is anyone else having trouble with it? I've tried redownloading it with bittorrent countless times, and then with bitornado. I don't know what's wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello again (this is Pandemonium from ANN ^_^)

How does it crash windows explorer? You open it and it just creates an error and you are stuck closing it? Or the thumbnail generation somehow messes it up?
Old 2004-08-19, 23:12   Link #3
The Starfall Knight
Starlight Writer

Send a message via AIM to The Starfall Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujirou
Hello again (this is Pandemonium from ANN ^_^)

How does it crash windows explorer? You open it and it just creates an error and you are stuck closing it? Or the thumbnail generation somehow messes it up?
Haha! xD Hey, how are you Pandemonium? Yes, this forum is a lot more fansub-friendly ^_^. And to answer your question, both. @_@.
Old 2004-08-20, 00:22   Link #4
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Starfall Knight
Haha! xD Hey, how are you Pandemonium? Yes, this forum is a lot more fansub-friendly ^_^. And to answer your question, both. @_@.
lol yeah thought ^_^ and I'm good...anyway besides the obvious, turn off thumbanil view and try running it using the most basic of all players, mplayer2 (search your Windows Media Player for it, or you could try BSplayer or the VLC player (think that's what it's called...it's on the media configuration sticky) Though I'm not sure what could cause a thumbnail generation to crash explorer, it could be as simple as a codec file that's needed.
Old 2004-08-20, 01:57   Link #5
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

A while back I exprienced a very similar problem with Anime-Kraze's Hundred Stories fansubs... just update your xvid codec...

if there are any additional probs... I say you check out the Media Configuration Guide... since it's very helpful...