Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-11, 19:29   Link #1
mynameistruth
Shikamaru

Send a message via AIM to mynameistruth
Naruto series' quality

I watch Naruto and I really love the series. However sometimes I watch the episodes again and think, why do I like this series so much? I like the story and the characters a lot and all, but I think that studio pierrot could have done a much better job. I mean, I think the drawing quality is not that great normally. I mean, some of the fights were horrible. I thought the sannin fight could have been much, much better. The horrible music didn't help either. Also, in the hokage fight, he was very disproportionate sizewise. However, I did really like the fight between sasuke and orochimaru, and the fight between rock lee and gaara, and sasuke and gaara. I think that the manga is so much better in many ways, and I don't understand why the studio can't draw it as good as that. I worry sometimes about the anime when I read the manga because some things can't be shown to the kids, and I hope the studio doesn't change it to be some stupid ass thing. I also watch full metal alchemist, and I think that the people who drew that did a much better job, I mean you really don't see any variations in the drawing, they're always nice and all. What do you guys think?
mynameistruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 19:45   Link #2
lotus_lee

I notice the 'changes in animation' as well like how the 3rd Hokage's head suddenly enlarged during his fight with Orochimaru. But then again, since Naruto comes out every week, I can't really complain.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 19:55   Link #3
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
rumor is that the studio goes for a break leaving janitors in charge. -__-;;;
and the animation quality is sooo horrible, im not going to watch it for a while
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 20:34   Link #4
Suiken-Of-Lee
SSEENNNPUUUUU!

Could someone come out with a guide on what studios do which episodes?
Suiken-Of-Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 20:59   Link #5
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee
....But then again, since Naruto comes out every week, I can't really complain.

The fact that they have a WHOLE week makes it even more of a reason to complain because the story line and set up art all comes straight from the manga. So it's inexcusable for them to mess up so bad on the animation (especially when their being PAID to do it).

But I think the problem is that the animators are just plain lazy, and they rely too much on a program which animates many scenes for them. I'm sure some of the more computer wise members in a-suki know what program I'm talking about, and can further inform you about it.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 00:01   Link #6
A Lamer
あほぉ&

The decidedly "bad" episodes are usually the ones out sourced to korea. Keep in mind studio perriot typically has at least 3 anime running concurently, so they dont always necessarily have the resources to finish episode X of series X on time. Its common for this to happen with other studios who do long running shows as well, so you cant solely place blame on them.

Really, if you're going to be a bitchy narutard, be a bitchy narutard whos informed.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 01:11   Link #7
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

In addition to that, keeping the quality of art steady for more then 100 episodes has yet to happen.

I don't like it either, but who am I to complain. I get to see Naruto here in holland, in japanese with subtitles and 100% absolutely completely for free
Old 2004-10-12, 03:49   Link #8
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
The fact that they have a WHOLE week makes it even more of a reason to complain because the story line and set up art all comes straight from the manga. So it's inexcusable for them to mess up so bad on the animation (especially when their being PAID to do it).

But I think the problem is that the animators are just plain lazy, and they rely too much on a program which animates many scenes for them. I'm sure some of the more computer wise members in a-suki know what program I'm talking about, and can further inform you about it.
Geez, you know that animators pay is crap, right? Plus, Pierrot has more series than just Naruto to handle. There's also the budget to account for, which does not account for flashy animation for every single episode. Oh, let's not forget that it takes 6 months ON AVERAGE to animate a single animated show...1 & 1/2 to 4+ years for movies. To make Naruto come out as fast as it can as consistently as it does corners have to be cut. This is common damn sense.

And don't bitch about shit that I'm sure you don't pay for. You should be glad you aren't getting crayola drawings.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 05:33   Link #9
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Indeed, one really can't complain about the series' animation quality. Well, yeah you can.

I guess the biggest issue, of course, would be the money spent on the animation alone. Look at short anime series like Samurai 7, Cowboy Bebop, Rahxephon, Full Metal Panic and (insert fav short lived anime here). Their production costs, depending on how popular or who is backing the project, tends to be higher than most.

Now look at other anime that have a long running series to maintain, i.e. Ruroni Kenshin, Dragon Ball (DB, Z, GT), Inuyasha, Gundam (First, Z, blah, blah, blah), etc. Of course there are some episodes that have outstanding animation, and then there are those that all of a sudden fall behind in terms of quality.

Shoot, anyone remember GTO? Studio Pierrot did that series as well and look at some, if not most, of the episodes. One minute it's shitty, the next 5 seconds are in digital animation! WTFBBQ?!?! Does that make the anime crappy, not really.

To close off my rant, it's all about money. And of course with any studio, there's more than one project going on. Apparently, Studio Pierrot has less money than, let's say, Gonzo Digimation, who has amazing (most of the time, Ragnarok the animation does not come to mind :P ) anime flowing out of their asses. All we can do is hope that there are more episodes like the Haku fights and the Rock Lee vs. Gaara sequences in the future.

And yeah, the quality of the animation seemed to slip a lot from the beginning of the series. I just hope the next time I see Kiba doing his Gatsuuga, it doesn't look like my baby cousin's crayola scribble into an orange mass that's supposed to be Naruto.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 08:43   Link #10
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Well, in terms of production quality, Naruto as a series hovers between great, average and sometimes piss poor.

The reasons have already been stated. Budgetary, lack of resources, etc.

I just wish they made sure the more exciting portions of the story are well animated and not outsourced to some Korean studio (no offense really) without any reasonable QA...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 09:58   Link #11
DJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
And don't bitch about shit that I'm sure you don't pay for.
Good thing you don't run an anime forum eh (atleast I hope you don't), wouldn't be worth visiting if all bitching about things you don't pay for was banned.
Old 2004-10-12, 15:37   Link #12
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Geez, you know that animators pay is crap, right? Plus, Pierrot has more series than just Naruto to handle. There's also the budget to account for, which does not account for flashy animation for every single episode. Oh, let's not forget that it takes 6 months ON AVERAGE to animate a single animated show...1 & 1/2 to 4+ years for movies. To make Naruto come out as fast as it can as consistently as it does corners have to be cut. This is common damn sense.

And don't bitch about shit that I'm sure you don't pay for. You should be glad you aren't getting crayola drawings.

Atleast I have the balls to bitch. You need to hop off the animators nutz, cause you won't get paid for kissin ass.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 20:54   Link #13
kboykb

Hmm, as a future animator myself, I definitely agree about the budgetry limit, time limit, and so on. Animators tend to work 10 - 12 hours a day, everyday, and can't take breaks because they have a schedule to hold to.

But ahh, I'm happy with it, I'm not paying for the encoding, not paying for the subs - just enjoying the anime. Hopefully we will get some more Haku level and Lee level animation.

Also - on the Orochi vs. Sasuke fight, even if the art itself got kinda .. bad.. and chubby, the animation was overall pretty good. Very fluid stuff, I hope they make some more like that too (minus the art).
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 20:57   Link #14
kboykb

Oh yeh, if ya wanna see a pretty good example of bad vs. top-notch.. go to episode 66-67.

Watch the interlude to where Gaara and Sasuke sit there look at eachother with genma in between..

that's the bad team of course.

Then when it fades out to black.. and back in that's when the good stuff comes. You don't even have to see any characters to tell the difference in quality.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 20:22   Link #15
mynameistruth
Shikamaru

Send a message via AIM to mynameistruth
so the animators do choose which scenes they're gonna draw good...i guess they don't have very good taste if they couldn't choose to make the sannin fight good. At least, that's my opinion.
mynameistruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 21:10   Link #16
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
rumor is that the studio goes for a break leaving janitors in charge. -__-;;;
and the animation quality is sooo horrible, im not going to watch it for a while

LOL
That was a good one.....

WEll i think we cant be complaining with series that isnt even Licensed and we get for free on internet....

so as long as the story have good quality and dont mind to mutch of the animation....BUT i sometimes hate it when Important Eppisodes with incredible fights (the sanin fight is the best example)...

my question is...why not give episodes that doesnt occur to mutch, to the Animation team that suck the most..and leave the most important one with the best animators..

I will really hate if some fights that will hapen in the future are going to be mest up like the Sanin Fight...
Old 2004-10-16, 21:52   Link #17
Joe Dalton

In a single post you say that people shouldn't complain AND complain yourself... impressive. Most people would at least do it in a later post but not you, no sir...
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 22:28   Link #18
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
In a single post you say that people shouldn't complain AND complain yourself... impressive. Most people would at least do it in a later post but not you, no sir...

yes that is me.."Mr Contradict himself in the same Post"

when a say a hate it is just those part..hey nothing is perfect,
but i dont really mind...that i can do nothing about it so I enyoy it as it is....i dont star thinkin about wath company is making it..if is Pierot or Korea..or Shangay..or if the budget....i only say.."man the ep I just watch deserved a better Animation" and then i forget about it and watch it again........
Old 2004-10-17, 08:29   Link #19
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
No, I don't really like the animation and they could paint everything better sometimes but the music is extremely great IMO.
it's 1. on mt top 10 list on anime music. It's even better then full metal alchemists music.
So I wouldn't mind if they got a new anime team but keep toshira masuda who does the music.
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 09:05   Link #20
bricefabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja massacre
No, I don't really like the animation and they could paint everything better sometimes but the music is extremely great IMO.
it's 1. on mt top 10 list on anime music. It's even better then full metal alchemists music.
So I wouldn't mind if they got a new anime team but keep toshira masuda who does the music.
You should check out Noir. Now THAT's good music...
bricefabber is offline   Reply With Quote