AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-11-19, 10:51   Link #1
Neoqueenhoneybee

Anyone up for a critique?

Hello.

First of all, pleased to meet you! (well, I really haven't met anyone yet, but when I do I am sure it will be a pleasure)

I was wondering if anyone would like to crit my art? It really isn't fanart, but it is influenced by anime. If yes, then please click on the link below. (you can crit my website's layout too.)

http://gro-wings.com
Neoqueenhoneybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 13:53   Link #2
ShinjiMuaddib
Demon Seeker

Send a message via AIM to ShinjiMuaddib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoqueenhoneybee
Hello.

First of all, pleased to meet you! (well, I really haven't met anyone yet, but when I do I am sure it will be a pleasure)

I was wondering if anyone would like to crit my art? It really isn't fanart, but it is influenced by anime. If yes, then please click on the link below. (you can crit my website's layout too.)

http://gro-wings.com
By the title of the thread this sounded like a challenge to critize your art which I was gonna undertake. Until I visited your gallery and looked at each one, my resolute critic motive had evaporated but as I headed down to critize, I will leave you with one comment: "Stop drawing so well!"

You made a new fan today!
ShinjiMuaddib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 22:41   Link #3
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
Mel,
Many of them are well done, and I find the earlier illustrations to be especially appealing (2002). The laters, though more sophisticated, are not as appealing to me. For some of them, better use of light and dark elements will better define them.
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 23:06   Link #4
silver_sanctuary

Kyahaha, you can't get much critiques if you're going to draw that well.

They're flawless. I haven't looked at all of them, but the ones I've seen are good.

Mind telling me how you did your pics? ^^
silver_sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 10:25   Link #5
Neoqueenhoneybee

Thanks for your replies.

My images are far from flawless. There are times when I don't like my art at all.

Asura

I will keep in mind to use lights and darks better.

Silver

If you could narrow down a few pieces I could answer your question easier. I have many different ways of working.

Also, I am headed to Arizona today for
Thanksgiving vacation, so I don't know when I will be able to reply. Thanks again!
Neoqueenhoneybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 01:25   Link #6
xfordained
you should die

im surprized no one said this but ur faces lack certain definition and facial structure also a little more shading is needed uve got most of it down espically the color design to me it just seems like certain habits u have of drawing faces are hindering the pictures (both realistically/not so much in ur really cartoony drawings)
xfordained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 16:34   Link #7
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
i love the costumes! some of those are awesome! are those just some you've seen, or actually made? they're pretty sweet
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 17:27   Link #8
JERI

Bloody site took forever to load.

I can tell the labours you put into those stuff. Designs were great, barely any repetitions in poses and costumes.

Most pictures are lacking on contrast, on top of that, the colors on all the pictures appears dim and unevenly spread. What did you color them with?

If I was to suggest anything I'd probably tell you to limit the colors you use to a common color theme, choose darker colors for shadowy parts, and maybe use a medium that will produce thicker colors.

That way your pictures will look more solid/organised in colors, and it will be cleaner.
JERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 17:28   Link #9
fantD
³²¹¿Ğeath[§]

Send a message via AIM to fantD
wow, fantastic designs. I love how you exagerate certain parts of anatomy for such a wide range of artistic purposes. Plus your gallery is quite varied style wise and the anime influence in many of the pics is there! My only critique is that there's something missing from the people's expression. Its hard to describe but its lacking a certain flare that brings the viewer into the art. Well im no artist so don't exactly take my word for it. In any case, your skillz are leet, keep up the good work!
fantD is offline   Reply With Quote