AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2005-12-28, 18:45   Link #1
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Need Ideas Please

Well, I haven't been drawing lately because the starting of college, and because of that, it seems my ideas is running short some times. So I like any idea that anyone here can give me, Thanks!

Now that's done, I like everyone comment on the drawings I made too. Because in DA, most people don't give any criticisms on my drawings. So I can't really improve. So please help thanks!

For start....

Last edited by EnseiSong; 2005-12-28 at 18:55.
EnseiSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 18:50   Link #2
RevoltersDS

wow, everything looks great.
the lineart is amazing.
the clothing looks good.
the hair for all the characters is done extremely well.
i also love your style for doing faces.
not much wrong with it.
i just would love to see it completed.
RevoltersDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 19:01   Link #3
123Hamster
Hamster

It is an impressing piece overall, but if you are really serious about this piece, there is a few proportional mistakes you can look out for. One of such would be the figure holding the helmet, how the arm and the head seemed a lot bigger than the body. I know it will becoming increasingly difficult trying to keep the anatomy right after fitting in so many characters and its common that things get "squeeze up" because of the limited space. But that's what makes it so much more important to look out for.
123Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 19:09   Link #4
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

RevoltersDS> Thanks ~! Glad you like it!

123Hamster> Thanks for the help! I see what you mean by the arm is too big. Now I look at it, the arm is bit too long. I REALLY need to fix that arm, lol.

Ok, this is the fix version. The hand is smaller and the arm is liiiiittle bit shorter

Spoiler for save space:

Last edited by EnseiSong; 2006-02-12 at 21:58.
Old 2005-12-28, 20:18   Link #5
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

got the Characteristic....and draw that in your style...i think~
nice piece of work~would be better to judge with a full colored version~!!PS: some chara looks great but some doesn't look as good ~
mai+teacher seems to be the best to my view~~~

your second layer pc's line is great AND SMOOTH~fight O
chison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 20:32   Link #6
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Great piece, love the inking and the way you drew the faces. True, the above post; Mai and Shizuru looks the best, while Mikoto looks abit too much of a boy now. Waiting to see fully inked version~ Good luck!

Why no Mashiro... T.T
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 22:58   Link #7
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Chison> Really? Then can you tell me which character look the worst? I like to know so I can change it, while I still can. The drawing style is mine, I want to stay "real" as possible. Like the shape of the eyes (I know Mikoto's eye are way big, lol, but the shape stay real-ish).
The picture SHOULD be done on New Year's day.... I hope. If I don't have other things to do. Thanks for the comment!

celcius> Well... when Chison said "teacher" I think it mean, Midori. Not Shizuru, lol. Oh, and Mikoto, I purposely made her like that. Since I got zero girl-ish feel from her (but she is cute and my most fav in Mai Hime). And her hair is close to the game version, while others stayed anime version.
I'm sorry that Mashiro is not in here TT_TT. This is more like a Mai Hime fanpic, not Mai Otome.... I really didn't like Mashiro that much in Mai Hime
Old 2005-12-29, 10:49   Link #8
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

yes...the teacher's means midori from mai-hime!?i'm not good at remember name from animes~~~sorry~
one thing...the "Dialogue"'s 2 chara seems to be unhelpful to give a good atmosphere ...maybe focus on the main chara is better~...table + mai's hand to cover to blank space ....

second...i think you are better with the side's drawing?!?!?!so....the Dialog's chara gave me a different feels compare to the good's looking chara...but plz don't draw all in sides~!?

the two??? at the background seems to be not doing a lot influence~a nevermind to my view...make them a bit smaller maybe~area 3d problem~~

for now...that's what i could think of...hope that be a good advise to you...
Old 2005-12-29, 14:57   Link #9
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

chison> "side's drawing".... do you mean that I draw too many of the characters on the side view, not much on the front view?

About the two characters on the back... hum... maybe I should finish the outlineing so you can see what are they doing. I'm sorry that the sketch is blurry

Last, the two people on the bottom left. You think I should made cake take their places? Or you understand that they are taking a picture of what everyone else is doing on the camura phone... but is not a good atmosphere?

And thanks for the comment! I'll change what I can!

Well, so far no one give me any ideas yet but I can wait. Well, anyways. This is the drawing I did for christmas. Please comment! For bigger picture go to http://enseisong.deviantart.com (and yes, background is my weak point, lol)

Last edited by EnseiSong; 2005-12-30 at 11:18.
Old 2005-12-30, 09:24   Link #10
sarrah
tikki

brilliant colouring..amazing..very good....also emotion on face is rarely seen in peoples art..so well done!

dont completely agree with greay..not a very festives colour..unless u consider black ice festive?

cool!
cant wait to see more
sarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 11:22   Link #11
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Sarrah> Sorry, let me explain the color. The picture was submited to DeviantArt originally. This color of gray is the color for the DA page. So to the people view the drawing in DA, then all they see is the person, the letters, and the white stars.
Old 2005-12-30, 12:08   Link #12
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

wow those are really nice. i love your style of drawing! the two in the middle look very kawaii together and the guy below the girl with the ponytail on the left looks like hes planning something evil...hehe...i love the expressions. just one thing, is it just me or does the ears seem abit low? great job overall naybe you should show your other drawings id love to see them!
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 13:56   Link #13
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

POST #9......9/10
you 're good enough~~i can't give any advise after looks at your colored version..orz...ps:at your level...you shound be ok to improve by yourself and find out what's fell wrong..!?
i think ....one or two chara + side view is your best option!
but take a Challenge to your weak point is really something you can feels you are alive?!?!?or not

anyway(the x'mas "bag"? wound be better if white???not many santa use a red bags~maybe....)
Old 2005-12-30, 17:07   Link #14
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

torrencee> Thanks! Let me explain the picture above. The picture is a fanart of Mai Hime. From left to right and top to bottom.
Midori -> Nao (is a girl) -> Aoi & Chie (the two on the bottom) -> Mai -> Mikoto -> Takumi & Akira (in the back) -> Shizuru -> Natsuki
They are having a New Year Part (I'm sure people already know that ). Midoir like beer, so she want everyone to drank it. But Natsuki and Nao have zero tolerance to alcohol, so they are trying to run away. That's way Nao have a evil look on her face hating Midoir for this Then when Natsuki wanted to run away after she just got to the party (that's why she have a biker suit on) Shizuru jumped at her and trying to keep her here. Mai and Mikoto..... they do this A LOT in the show, so I draw it out like that. Then at the back where Takumi and Akira... they just started dating so yeah....

Chison> Thanks for the rating! Actually, the thread is giving me ideas PLUS comment on my drawings. So I actually need ideas for drawing,
To me is hard to see what's wrong the first time I finish a drawing. Then after I colored putted on DA, then I realized how bad it look but can't change it. That's why I like people comment on the drawing while I haven't colored yet
Santa have white bag?! REALLY?! Haha, I didn't know that!! I'm not an American might be why.
Old 2006-01-30, 18:08   Link #15
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

... something I made last night when I suppose to be in bed.....

The crazy person in there is me... with all the hearts......

Old 2006-02-03, 10:42   Link #16
lavielove

woa! that's looking good . How about hiding the left hand of the second girl ? the whole idea is nice. I really like it =D
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 15:04   Link #17
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Ensei if you want some more criticism you can go to 4chan some people there are kinda random/retarted, but there are some people who have very good knoledge of art and they arent afraid to be critic. Just ignore the flames and just focus on their comments of what you can inprove.

Also Anime-Otaku knows his suff he posts here on Animesuki, but havent seen him post these days though.

ps; Nice work. Mai's left arm/hand looks a tad weird to me I know its shaped that way, because there is dept, but I dunno. X.x
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 19:22   Link #18
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnseiSong
Sarrah> Sorry, let me explain the color. The picture was submited to DeviantArt originally. This color of gray is the color for the DA page. So to the people view the drawing in DA, then all they see is the person, the letters, and the white stars.
Even though I can't give you any tips for the drawing, because my drawing skills are almost non-existent, I can give you a tip how to (better) achieve 'Fake Transparency'. Next time you choose to do it, make sure there's no cutting at the end of the image, this way it will look alot nicer
Otherwise it's all very good
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 14:28   Link #19
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
woa! that's looking good . How about hiding the left hand of the second girl ? the whole idea is nice. I really like it =D
Thanks! The second girl is Rin.... but I mess up because I was drawing that when I was lack of sleep.... yeah... shouldn't have done that on a school night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon
Ensei if you want some more criticism you can go to 4chan some people there are kinda random/retarted, but there are some people who have very good knoledge of art and they arent afraid to be critic. Just ignore the flames and just focus on their comments of what you can inprove.

Also Anime-Otaku knows his suff he posts here on Animesuki, but havent seen him post these days though.

ps; Nice work. Mai's left arm/hand looks a tad weird to me I know its shaped that way, because there is dept, but I dunno. X.x
Thanks I'll fix the problem (I can't believe I'm not done with the drawing yet.... it suppose to be done around the end of Chinese New Year..TT_TT)! Also, I probably not going to 4chan... so of the people there scares me... I been there before, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
Even though I can't give you any tips for the drawing, because my drawing skills are almost non-existent, I can give you a tip how to (better) achieve 'Fake Transparency'. Next time you choose to do it, make sure there's no cutting at the end of the image, this way it will look alot nicer =)
Otherwise it's all very good =)
Ah Yeah, I thought about that... but when I put it up in DA, the background it is 'Fake Transparency', and because of that, it was black.... DA have it for auto or something....

Something new.... kinda... this when I'm on crack....
I wanted to draw a fancoimc of Mai Hime... it's like the original story from Sunrise with my way for telling it and few changes here and there... But I don't think I'll be finishing it, since it's one of those "one time" things, lol. Yes... I'm on crack....

Spoiler for Save space:

Last edited by EnseiSong; 2006-02-12 at 21:58.
Old 2006-02-12, 15:02   Link #20
Machinegun

I would change a couple things with the drawing mainly the two people on the right (female hugging ambiguous male/female holding the helmet?). His body is too small for his head, and the helmet he's holding is kind of small for his head. And one final thing, the hugging girl's arm is too short. I hope that wasn't too much >.>;;
Machinegun is offline   Reply With Quote