AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-27, 23:44   Link #1
i am the walrus

Question need good music related anime

i just finished watching all of beck and loved it. it really was an amazing show. i was wondering if anyone knew anymore anime like this. i love things about rock n roll you know. well i apreciate any suggestions so fire away. oh and i don't care for things that are really poppy but i'm willing to give anything a shot.
Old 2006-05-28, 00:21   Link #2
jedinat

Nana has a couple rock bands. But it's secondary next to the lovey-dovey stuff.

My favorite music related anime is Full Moon wo Sagashite, but that's not rock music.
Old 2006-05-28, 01:23   Link #3
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think what you're looking for is Kaikan Phrase. I myself haven't watched it, but it's music-intensive also.
Old 2006-05-28, 01:48   Link #4
Dural
Me > You

Legend of Black Heaven.
Old 2006-05-28, 03:38   Link #5
DaZ

FLCL, has good music
Old 2006-05-28, 06:17   Link #6
DaZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat

I just love posts like these.
What's wrong with post like these? Oh I get it, you want to go into details.
How about for once you stfu about my post, oh my how old are you?

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...db.search=flcl

Info's on FLCL. Now buzz off my back, I'm not too free like you trying to make an arguement everytime I post. Get someone else, maybe someone out there will entertain you better.
Old 2006-05-28, 09:31   Link #7
miaka

I second with Kaikan phase. It is based from Shinjo Mayu's romance manga. It featured Lucifer, a rock group that become popular because of anime ( however they already disband). It's unlicensed but the quality of fansub is..... a vhs/vcd ripped so don't expect high quality but the music alone is worth watching.
Macross 7 series - mecha anime with a rock group.
Old 2006-05-28, 11:51   Link #8
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
I remember watching the first episode of "Kachô Ôji", a series about a former rockstar who turned into a salaryman, and aliens... I looked in the anime list, but there's nothing about it in here. I know it's been licensed in France under this title but...

Well, you might like it. I'd like to watch the rest too, actually... If anyone could confirm I'm not mistaken. Thanks.
Old 2006-05-28, 12:50   Link #9
wao
OK.

Kacho(u) O(u)ji = Legend of Black Heaven

It has some really funky OP animation, iirc by a great animator Shinji Hashimoto (who is leet!).

Erm, dammit, I can't believe I forgot the name of Satoshi Kon's movie about that singer/idol who starts having looots of problems (mostly cos I sadly have not watched it yet). Perfect Blue, was it? Yeah, it is (yay for search engines).
Old 2006-05-28, 12:58   Link #10
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZ
What's wrong with post like these? Oh I get it, you want to go into details.
How about for once you stfu about my post, oh my how old are you?

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...db.search=flcl

Info's on FLCL. Now buzz off my back, I'm not too free like you trying to make an arguement everytime I post. Get someone else, maybe someone out there will entertain you better.
Ah, no... FLCL has nothing to do with music other than the alien-girl using a guitar as a weapon. You should look at what the OP is looking for before making a suggestion.

Edit~
LoL... whatever man. He's looking for something similar to Beck. You know... something with a music related plot.

Last edited by jedinat; 2006-05-28 at 14:30.
Old 2006-05-28, 14:05   Link #11
DaZ

It has great music, as far as I'm concern thread starter is looking for something related to music that is good, FLCL is the one.
and thx admin.
Old 2006-05-28, 15:01   Link #12
domino
デレデレ

The music in Kaikan Phrase is awesome. But the plot... I didn't watch very much of it, because I wanted to punch the main character in the face. Maybe it gets better...? Still, though - awesome music. It's rare to find anime about a band that actually has good music.

Gravitation is another show about a band. It's pure comedy, though. It's also shonen-ai (boys' love), but it's so funny that most non-shonen ai fans love it too. I think the music their band makes is terrible, though...
Old 2006-05-28, 15:21   Link #13
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

To-y (1987 OVA)

To-y is a classic anime and manga series about the 80's music scene in Japan, you could say (being created then, of course). Unfortunately I've not seen a digital copy of it on the net, and the anime was never rereleased on DVD. The manga is quite good even today, and Beck reminds me of it a bit, even though the image of indie rock has changed considerably since those days. The LD of the OVA fetches a pretty penny (yen?) these days.

The OVA was very popular among SF Bay Area anime fans in the late 80's/early 90's and had its own little cult of fans there...heh. I believe the manga was written up by a friend of mine in an issue of Animag...the anime magazine that was replaced later by Viz's Animerica.
Old 2006-05-28, 15:47   Link #14
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Kacho(u) O(u)ji = Legend of Black Heaven

It has some really funky OP animation, iirc by a great animator Shinji Hashimoto (who is leet!).

Erm, dammit, I can't believe I forgot the name of Satoshi Kon's movie about that singer/idol who starts having looots of problems (mostly cos I sadly have not watched it yet). Perfect Blue, was it? Yeah, it is (yay for search engines).
Thanks I didn't know. I should have checked too but I really didn't know about that english title. Then, don't bother about japanese romanization. Lol to me ô has much more meaning than ou, though the latter is taken directly from the japanese. I find original romanization of Japanese ridiculous ( like zi, which is ji, or sya, syu, syo, etc... some Japanese still use it and I find it very annoying. It basically doesn't make any sense, alphabetically, and induce them not to make any efforts to understand why in every other languages "shi" and "si" are different, not mentioning b and v or r and l... whatever, it's out of the topic... )
In english (and in french), "ou" is a complete different sound, isn't it? Do you write Toukyou or Kyouto?
Roughly, Japanese is phonetically much simpler than Chinese. So the romanization should be settled. But it's not. Chinese pinyin is. I sometimes wonder about that...
Sorry about the ranting.

Anyway, you should watch Perfect Blue, it's a classic. I love it. Not perfect technically, but...
Old 2006-05-28, 22:56   Link #15
i am the walrus

thanks for the help people.
i didnt know Nana was an anime. i thought it was just a manga. i'll check it out. i'll try kaikan phrase to, i'm sure i'll get used to the quality after a couple eps. and i think i'll check out legend of black heaven as well. oh and i've seen FLCL. its good. not about music but it does have an amazing sound track. i love the pillows. oh yeah and i'll try macross 7. although right now i'm kinda confused since its a mech show. but if anyone has anymore suggestions please go ahead.
Old 2006-05-30, 05:31   Link #16
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

rightstuf licenesed a show called piano, i think its a romance/friendship but i dont know much cept its not rock either
Closed Thread