AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-29, 19:47   Link #1
Yukii

Which girl do YOU think Takayuki should end up with??

( No SPOILERS plz, I've only watched up to ep 11 by A-K)

Even if the storyline differs, just your opinion on who it should / should have been

Haruka
Mitsuki
Akane
Mayu-mayu ( LoL ^.^ )

I think Haruka should be the one who ends up with Takayuki. (Not that he deserves her or anything >. > ) Her personality is so pure and kawaii

If I saw Takayuki end up with Akane, it wouldnt be as bad as Takayuki ending up with Mitsuki. I cant stand Mitsuki. Go DiE >.<
Old 2003-12-29, 19:53   Link #2
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukii
( No SPOILERS plz, I've only watched up to ep 11 by A-K)

Even if the storyline differs, just your opinion on who it should / should have been

Haruka
Mitsuki
Akane
Mayu-mayu ( LoL ^.^ )

I think Haruka should be the one who ends up with Takayuki. (Not that he deserves her or anything >. > ) Her personality is so pure and kawaii

If I saw Takayuki end up with Akane, it wouldnt be as bad as Takayuki ending up with Mitsuki. I cant stand Mitsuki. Go DiE >.<
Ppl that just say crap about Mitsuki......really annoy me, i cant belive that stupidity really has no limit, but oh well, hope you really watch ep 11,12,13 closely, and take that band of your eyes, and start to see how noble Mitsuki really is.
Old 2003-12-29, 19:54   Link #3
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
I personally think Taka should die, and all the girls get brainwashed, not remember a single thing about him, it be my perfect ending
Old 2003-12-29, 19:56   Link #4
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

As a Japanese otaku who is "moe~" towards Akane-tan and Haruka-tan, and from the POV that I was controlling Takayuki in the game, then those two are my answers.

As Takayuki as a person, he deserves Fumio and/or Homura Manami (game veterans should know what I am talking about)
Old 2003-12-29, 19:57   Link #5
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
I personally think Taka should die, and all the girls get brainwashed, not remember a single thing about him, it be my perfect ending
As long as his death is very VERY long and painful.
Old 2003-12-29, 20:27   Link #6
otakujohn

That's a really hard question to answer due to the fact that all of the characters have good reason to feel the way they do.
I'm going to say the same thing here that I've said about Da Capo's storyline. I think it would be best for all involved if Taka chose to not choose, burned all bridges, and moved far, far away. That's what I would do anyway.
Old 2003-12-29, 20:39   Link #7
evrpunk53
Webhost/Distro :)

First of all you need to watch up to 13 closely like said before to understand alot of our opinions personally like alot people you cant relaly see it will work well with any girl but if he does choose one i think its mitsuki from reason posted on other threads. But i also just want it to be mitsuki and I DONT HATE HER why do people hate her o well watch up to 13
Old 2003-12-29, 20:45   Link #8
Tboz

Ayu?

I mean she has generate the most sparks with Takayuki so far and it will be fun watching the two of them together. Then we can have a spinoff comedy series of Takayuki steps on cat shit...

Seriously, any girl will do fine if Takayuki learns to treasure them. Anyway, this should have been a poll isn't it?
Old 2003-12-29, 21:36   Link #9
Key Board
Carbon

I think he should have hooked up with Mitsuki in the first place.
It would save everyone a lot of trouble and heartbreaks.

@kj1980

Manami is awfully nice if you treat her correctly. (her ren'ai ending)

In other words, don't use her like a rag doll and dump her afterwards the way Takayuki did.
Old 2003-12-29, 21:56   Link #10
otakujohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
I think he should have hooked up with Mitsuki in the first place.
It would save everyone a lot of trouble and heartbreaks.
It didn't really have much to do with him in the beginning. Mitsuki should have been more honest about her feelings back then....THAT would have saved everyone a lot of trouble. Haruka would have been slightly ticked, but she would have gotten over it, and she would have been saved from having her life turned on its end.
Old 2003-12-29, 21:59   Link #11
Key Board
Carbon

Yes, your wordings are more accurate. I stand corrected.

But after watching and reading several J-dramas, Shoujos, and whatnot, Mitsuki's fault seems to be more common than I originally thought. Perhaps, it's a culture thing.

Edit: Also, it seems that Mitsuki didn't really comprehend her own feelings until it was too late.
Old 2003-12-29, 23:04   Link #12
mono no aware

mitsuki of course. there's this bond you create with someone by building a life together, an intimate interior space you carve out for just the two of you amidst all the travails and pains and loneliness. takayuki and mitsuki have had to live through all these whereas what takayuki and haruka shared was more like a fairy tale.

which is not to say i don't feel sorry for haruka.
Old 2003-12-30, 00:01   Link #13
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Haruka. Although the plot robbed her of the chance to do things for Takayuki I believe she could have done as much things and possibly more for him because of the love she harbored for him (through HS years before Mitsuki ever knew him, then through 3 years in her sleep and after she woke up.) She deserves to be with one she loves.

Grifis
Old 2003-12-30, 00:03   Link #14
Shift_

Takayuki deserves no better than the devil's wife...seriously.
Old 2003-12-30, 00:47   Link #15
jir0
grumpiest when sleepy

He ends up with Shinji b/c he's into S&M and bois.
Old 2003-12-30, 01:00   Link #16
Shift_

Acctually I'll change my statement.

He shouldn't get either haruka or mitsuki, because he's caused them all too much pain. And now if he ends up with either someone will get hurt bad.

I think he should move away, grow up a little, become responsible, and find someone else.
Old 2003-12-30, 01:09   Link #17
mono no aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
Although the plot robbed her of the chance to do things for Takayuki I believe she could have done as much things and possibly more for him because of the love she harbored for him (through HS years before Mitsuki ever knew him, then through 3 years in her sleep and after she woke up.) She deserves to be with one she loves.
that's why the whole situation is a bit, you know, tragic.

mitsuki is ever reminiscing about their high school years because they was an idyllic time - no worries, no ownership (relationship-wise), nothing but love, camaraderie, dreams. the love takayuki and haruka shared was ideal and fanciful - takayuki and haruka forever/takauki prepping for the college entrance exam because of his affection for haruka/haruka saying how she wants to be a children's stories picture books author. there's almost an air of unreality to it. haruka, by virtue of her coma, has retained that spirit. not so for takayuki and mitsuki. look at each's predicament - a dead-end job, living alone. meeting occasionally for a brief night of passion. takayuki actually had to suffer the loss of haruka. spent one and half years or however long it was living like a catatonic zombie. didn't go to college. mitsuki? she no longer swims. imo this show is more about lost innocence than a simple love triangle (or quadrilateral pentagon whatever). mitsuki and takayuki were looking at apartments - a sign that they were trying to fashion a life of their own despite the difficulties encountered. but then something from the past (from those lost high school years) erupts into their consciousness. the question is, which is more important, the love shared by mitsuki and takayuki, love grounded in the drudgeries of real life, or the dreamy fairy tale-style love shared by haruka and takayuki? this series is a constant tug-of-war between the two. haruka is mitsuki's and takayuki's guilty conscience. she has that purity, almost naivete to her - qualities the other two have had to discard as their rite of passage to adulthood. life goes on, mercilessly - which is why takayuki got involved with mitsuki. even haruka, now that she is awake, must confront the reality that three years have flown by.

okay i'm rambling. to be succinct, everyone is a victim in this show - of time and crushed ideals. but mitsuki and takayuki deserve to be together.

Last edited by mono no aware; 2003-12-30 at 01:27.
Old 2003-12-30, 01:12   Link #18
evrpunk53
Webhost/Distro :)

haha he should date the devil's wife then screw her over with pain and suffering but that would be redundant, she's the devil's wife hahahah o well :haha:
Old 2003-12-30, 01:22   Link #19
ugupoo
多谢你爱我.... *キッス!* ^_~

I believe Takayuki should get with whatever corresponding girl he is currently with. He is afterall, a very stereotypical version of the average guy "surrounded by cute girls".

Mitsuki, the stereotypical version of an independent working girl, and Haruka, the stereotypical nice and innocent cute chick around the corner.

If Haruka didn't have an accident, then he should get with Haruka. I mean, watch end of episode 2, he also bought the hakuryo college info book along with "mayauru no okurimono" book for his girl. Kinda shows you he was changing to be a more ambitious man. I think many typical guys who fall in love (for the first time or whatever) suddenly becomes that way: do everything for the best of himself and his woman.

Ok, Haruka gets accident, Mitsuki jumps into the picture.
Now don't flame Takayuki just because he had a nice evening with her. It's not really entirely his fault or Mitsuki's.

There is a rule in this world that most girls follow. It's called staking the claim. When a girl finds a guy she admires or finds cute, she immediately says "I think he's a hottie." (or something relative) The other girl friends can no longer proceed to make comments on that guy because he is "claimed." So, I believe Mitsuki also developed feelings for Taka (as seen in Ep 2, she gets him from Haruka during the festival and coincidentally delays his meeting with Haruka because it was her birthday). She can't do jack, because Haruka claimed him, but she can try can't she? As long as Haruka doesn't know... ...her possible ulterior motives (afterall, we're all just human).

So throwing her naked body at him was an okay measure i guess, considering Haruka was in comatose, afterall, she's trying to express herself to him, at the cost of betraying Haruka - fault.
Takayuki taking Mitsuki's virginity away... he's also at fault there (but what kind of man in this hedonistic world wouldn't take free sex any time any day if offered the opportunity???).

Once again, typical stereotypes. Makes for an effective drama.

So seeing as to how he's with or was with Mitsuki, he should continue to pursue her, only it's because he's a dumbbutt if he doesn't. Afterall, it's been 3 yrs of a mutual relationship. Don't hate Takayuki and accuse him for being a man-whore because he goes back to Haruka from time to time though... he's living in his little "blast-to-the-past" illusion everytime he sees her. Especially when Doctor said not to let Haruka know 3 yrs had passed. So he's merely playing along, but he was role playing a bit too much.

If he had none of those two, I'd say go pursue Akane. Why? Like other posts, she has an unusual way to augment her breast size throughout each episode. Must be Japanese version of Miracle Bra. You guys must love that. But besides that, those two (Taka and Akane) are very nice to each other, and she has a little mix of Mitsuki-ness in her.

But I say, maybe he likes the Mitsuki type of person. In episode 1, he thought Mitsuki was going to confess to him at the hilltop. Why did he assume so? Well, because most highschool guys who suddenly are befriended by a beautiful girl (who's chased by many other guys) get the perception that maybe that wonderful girl digs him -not to mention if he originally dug her too!

Ok sorry for the long post, it'll be my first long post here. But anyway, don't hate Takayuki for who or how he is portrayed in this anime. If you played the game through and did Mitsuki's bad endings, you'd hate him more. But I sympatize with him in this anime because he's a very stereotypical portrayal of many adolescent men out there in the world. Think about it. If you were him and your girlfriend was struck cold stuck in the hospital sleeping for many years, what are you gonna do? Sulk sulk and sulk some more? If her parents told you not to see her anymore because they said it's for "your sake" ? You know you won't take that, but you have no choice anyway. Just time to move on. And if you had a close female friend who secretly dug you, who knows, maybe she'd jump on top of you too. But when your previous gf wakes, you'd just be knee deep in neko poo like Taka-kun.

I don't want to say more but this is typical of us humans. You see it in Kanon, and even my philosophy professor said something similar to my above paragraph to explain a topic to class.
Old 2003-12-30, 01:29   Link #20
ugupoo
多谢你爱我.... *キッス!* ^_~

Actually, hmm... I think they all should separate and return to being as good friends. Maybe that's why Taka said "wai boku jiyu da." I mean, when you get into two relationships, and both of them are a mess, wouldn't you like to be free from all the chaotic moments and possible reenactments? A lot of girls like this freedom from breakups. I would know.
Closed Thread