AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-07, 02:34   Link #1
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Project Sylpheed

How many of you remember the Slipheed games from the 16-bit days?
And if so, have you wondered if the franchise would have a current-generation presence?
Well... it does, albeit with a slight spelling change and some gameplay changes. So, for your consideration and discussion, I present relevant linkage to the only Square-Enix product I really have any interest in of late:

So, if they do bring this over - and avoid the mistake Namco made with Ace Combat 3 - I think it'd be worth getting a 360 for.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 17:43   Link #2
Lebron
I hear voices

I'm still waiting for a developer to bring this over to the states. SE only published the game for Japan Only, they aren't going to publish it for a worldwide release.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 18:05   Link #3
V-Slasher

these region locked japanese games make me angry. It's been a year that I am waiting for senko no ronde, damn.
V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 19:49   Link #4
Lebron
I hear voices

Tell me about it. I recently bought a JPN 360 in order to play Blue Dragon, which both just came in the mail today. In my opinion, it was a game worth importing and I couldn't wait to play. I really don't want to Import this game in order to play it, so I am really hoping a dev. decides to publish it for the west. I'm hoping Ubisoft will take me up on that offer, since they've already done it for 2 360 games, Tokyo Xtreme Racer and Enchanted Arms.
Old 2006-12-10, 05:03   Link #5
V-Slasher

it's pretty obvious that mistwalker games (blue dragon, lost odyssey and cry on) will be released in u.s. and europe, but half-unknown games like senko no ronde, onechanbara, bullet witch or anime games like zegapain will stay in japan. the point is I am fine with them not being published here, but why put a region lock only for japanese games?
Old 2006-12-10, 10:33   Link #6
Lebron
I hear voices

Well Bullet Witch is coming to America, Atari is bringing it over. Onechanbara could possibly come over aswell, since they are bringing over Earth Defense Force to America. Now Senko no Ronde and Zegapain, pretty much have no chance sadly. I actually played the 2 Zegapain demos for Zegapain XOR and Zegapain NOT. They were pretty good.
Old 2006-12-10, 13:17   Link #7
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Slasher View Post
the point is I am fine with them not being published here, but why put a region lock only for japanese games?
Indeed. You can play any audio CD in any CD player; the same should hold for console games. It seems to me that a portion of what is incorrectly called 'piracy' these days could be eliminated by taking this step. In other words, instead of fighting off the likes of Lik-Sang, embrace them.
That said, I don't see why this particular game wouldn't do well here. The Ace Combat family (barring 3 for obvious reasons) hasn't exactly done poorly, as far as I can tell.
Old 2006-12-11, 07:23   Link #8
V-Slasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
It seems to me that a portion of what is incorrectly called 'piracy' these days could be eliminated by taking this step.
true. Even those who like to purchase original import game must still use modchips or something else in order to play the games.
Old 2006-12-11, 23:21   Link #9
Lebron
I hear voices

Well good thing the game didn't sell too well in Japan. So if they really want to make a profit, I think they will have to end up releasing it outside of Japan. Now how long that takes, is beyond me, but I do think they will eventually release it over here.

anyway, heres some more media:
http://xboxyde.com/news_3653_en.html
http://xboxyde.com/news_3660_en.html

You can either download the videos, or stream them
Old 2007-04-05, 11:34   Link #10
Firefly00

About bloody time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Well good thing the game didn't sell too well in Japan. So if they really want to make a profit, I think they will have to end up releasing it outside of Japan...
According to this Joystiq entry, it seems that they've received some clue. Corroborating evidence exists in the form of this XBox.com entry.
Old 2007-04-05, 14:55   Link #11
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah, I know it's coming to the US, Microsoft Games is the publisher. It's coming probably sometime in June.
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4165_en.html
Old 2007-04-06, 04:00   Link #12
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

SE is pissing me off in many many ways, they are making a lot of good games Japanese only, I had so much hope when they made FMO since I love FFXI so much, but then they decided not to make the English version and the killing of Fantasy Earth just made me lost all respect for them.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 05:54   Link #13
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
SE is pissing me off in many many ways, they are making a lot of good games Japanese only, I had so much hope when they made FMO since I love FFXI so much, but then they decided not to make the English version and the killing of Fantasy Earth just made me lost all respect for them.
D: SE didn't make this one, Game Arts did; papi's of Lunar & Grandia Thats pretty much it that I can remember >_> lol.... SE just published it.

I used to play FEZ, but quit cause I kinda got tired of MMORPG's. (SE didn't make this one either; and imo it's alot better than FFXI)
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 18:20   Link #14
Spike420
AbaraiRenjis doppleganger

Just so u all know microsoft is brining it over i think its comeing out sometime june or july
Spike420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 15:45   Link #15
Firefly00

New data acquired

July 10th, according to the XBox.com entry; indeed, the demo is now available for download via Live. And yes, they've finally coughed up a translation of the official site.
What looks like a demo playthrough (175.3MB WMV file) is out and about; for more convenient streaming, someone uploaded it to GameTrailers.

Last edited by Firefly00; 2007-06-14 at 19:20. Reason: Playthrough mirror added
Old 2007-06-14, 17:06   Link #16
Lebron
I hear voices

almost had a seizure playing through the Demo :P

Overall after I got the controls down and what to do, it was enjoyable. This game would have owned so much more if they included mulitplayer. Oh well, good thing it's a budget title. Unlike Mr. Senko no Ronde...Ubisoft!

also, the English dubs suck ass.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-06-14 at 17:25.
Old 2007-06-15, 13:47   Link #17
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
also, the English dubs suck ass.
It's to be expected - since it's just a dub and not original voice recording like the dialogue for English-language games it's done on a much tighter budget on a much tighter schedule. Pretty much the only games where I prefer the American dub is Metal Gear Solid, and in the case of Ace Combat I prefer the American voice track, since it's recorded during the original production and is on the Japanese release as well.

I just hope that publishers will some day offer us the choice to use either voice track in most games.

I'm going to download the demo tomorrow and see what it's like, but I've had half an eye on this game for a while, I need an arcadey space shooter in the absence of a new X-Wing game since Alliance came out in... 1999...

srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 02:18   Link #18
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah, it is what it is. Lucky for me, the Japanese games I'm interested in this year are leaving in the Japanese track option. Hopefully that becomes more of a standard as time goes on.

Anyway back on-topic, Amazon.com has the game for $36.99. Hard to pass up at that price, even though I was already sold.
http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000P8W...8QKPN1AZERGY02
Old 2007-06-25, 23:00   Link #19
Firefly00

An updated hands-on is now up at IGN.
Old 2007-06-26, 16:17   Link #20
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Has anyone noticed in http://www.kotaku.com/ (for me that is) I see ads of Project Sylpheed saying "From the makers of Final Fantasy"? oO