AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-18, 13:39   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 71 Discussion [spoilers]

I hope Dranz forgives my first offense but I have to know what the raw-watchers have to say.

Copied:

Welcome to the episode discussion thread about this week’s upcoming episode which I will try and post every week. Before I say the rules I just want to give out a warning that there might be spoilers of the Manga. You have been warned.

Now for the people who don’t know about some of the spoiler tag rules, this thread is marked spoilers in the topic and so you don’t HAVE put a spoiler tag unless it has to do with the future manga chapters. But in case you want to put a spoiler tag, and feel more generous then normal you may feel free to use spoiler tags whatever way you wish EXCEPT you must use spoiler tags if for some reason summarize the whole episode or you talk about Manga spoilers.

Anyway this is what you should discuss in this thread:

1. Expectations of the episode if not aired or if you haven't seen it yet.
2. Announcements of which fansub groups have released the episode regardless if it is a RAW or Subbed.
3. Your comments on the episode if you have seen it both RAW and Subbed.

Just to make it clear there is to be no making new topics about the above things I have just showed you. I will close them down because I made this thread so all the posts regarding this topic will be in one place. It's alright if you're not used to the idea just yet but if I see a person continuously disregard this topic I will be very annoyed...and I just might have the power to stop you in your tracks.

So there you have it, just so you remember though, there is to be no flaming each other, no posting links that allow others to download the licensed Manga, and try and keep it on topic.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 13:52   Link #2
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I hope Dranz forgives my first offense but I have to know what the raw-watchers have to say.

Copied:

Welcome to the episode discussion thread about this week’s upcoming episode which I will try and post every week. Before I say the rules I just want to give out a warning that there might be spoilers of the Manga. You have been warned.

Now for the people who don’t know about some of the spoiler tag rules, this thread is marked spoilers in the topic and so you don’t HAVE put a spoiler tag unless it has to do with the future manga chapters. But in case you want to put a spoiler tag, and feel more generous then normal you may feel free to use spoiler tags whatever way you wish EXCEPT you must use spoiler tags if for some reason summarize the whole episode or you talk about Manga spoilers.

Anyway this is what you should discuss in this thread:

1. Expectations of the episode if not aired or if you haven't seen it yet.
2. Announcements of which fansub groups have released the episode regardless if it is a RAW or Subbed.
3. Your comments on the episode if you have seen it both RAW and Subbed.

Just to make it clear there is to be no making new topics about the above things I have just showed you. I will close them down because I made this thread so all the posts regarding this topic will be in one place. It's alright if you're not used to the idea just yet but if I see a person continuously disregard this topic I will be very annoyed...and I just might have the power to stop you in your tracks.

So there you have it, just so you remember though, there is to be no flaming each other, no posting links that allow others to download the licensed Manga, and try and keep it on topic.
Raw= bakasan?

Ive heard good things about this episode. no filler
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 14:09   Link #3
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I just saw the episode 71 and the first thought which crossed my mind was : Damn the drawing sucks!

The second thought was more something like HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS FIGHT IS AWESOME!

What can I add?
This episode covers almost 2 chapters, the end of the chapter 119 until the beginning of the chapter 121.
There are two short fillers out of the main fight : one with Sasuke avoiding the traps of Temari, it's not bad, and another short one (less than 30s) with Konohamaru with the same thing as usual (ie Hmmmmm something is bad I feel it).

Surprisingly Sasuke catch up with Gaara & Co at the end of the episode.

Now for the fight itself, damn that's good.
There is no details and the draw is really weird sometimes (the face of Oro and the 3rd are really funny ), but the animation and the whole fight are awesome and Enma kick some serious ass!

In the other hand, the animation team decided that Oro's body was female
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 14:25   Link #4
EcHeLoN

I agree. The animation was terrible. There were times where the bodies looked completely disporportionate to the heads lol. Otherwise, it was pretty exciting to watch. I certainly look forward to watching a HQ sub of the ep.
EcHeLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 14:29   Link #5
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
from what I saw of the RAW without ruining the whole episode for myself, it wanted to make me cry. Although, I CAN'T WAIT for the sub to come out, it's gonna be a great episode, the fight's gonna be awesome.. oh I can't wait.
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 14:44   Link #6
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I just saw the episode 71 and the first thought which crossed my mind was : Damn the drawing sucks!

The second thought was more something like HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS FIGHT IS AWESOME!

What can I add?
This episode covers almost 2 chapters, the end of the chapter 119 until the beginning of the chapter 121.
There are two short fillers out of the main fight : one with Sasuke avoiding the traps of Temari, it's not bad, and another short one (less than 30s) with Konohamaru with the same thing as usual (ie Hmmmmm something is bad I feel it).

Surprisingly Sasuke catch up with Gaara & Co at the end of the episode.

Now for the fight itself, damn that's good.
There is no details and the draw is really weird sometimes (the face of Oro and the 3rd are really funny ), but the animation and the whole fight are awesome and Enma kick some serious ass!

In the other hand, the animation team decided that Oro's body was female
That's very good to hear, Hunter-san. We haven't wasted time, waiting for the best fight of Naruto till now

Waiting for ANBU-AonE now ^^ Hopefully Saturday I'll watch it

Also, like I said many times before, it seems they'll alternate between the fights. Different from the manga, which did all Oro's, and then all Gaara's, looks like the anime will alternate between both fights... at least it would be better this way, IMO
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 14:48   Link #7
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
That's very good to hear, Hunter-san. We haven't wasted time, waiting for the best fight of Naruto till now

Waiting for ANBU-AonE now ^^ Hopefully Saturday I'll watch it

Also, like I said many times before, it seems they'll alternate between the fights. Different from the manga, which did all Oro's, and then all Gaara's, looks like the anime will alternate between both fights... at least it would be better this way, IMO
Omg you are one patience dude mate .I need it today!hurry bakasan!
Old 2004-02-18, 15:10   Link #8
Milliniar
otaku

I was under the impression from the manga that he was in a female body anyways. just unlike the manga they really show it...maybe i should go read the manga again. but it was teh impresson i got. Ya the look of the characters was crap but it was/is a good fighti was haldf expecting it to start the flashback to orochimaru's past this episode though..but It looks like that is for next week.
Milliniar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 15:21   Link #9
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliniar
I was under the impression from the manga that he was in a female body anyways. just unlike the manga they really show it...maybe i should go read the manga again. but it was teh impresson i got. Ya the look of the characters was crap but it was/is a good fighti was haldf expecting it to start the flashback to orochimaru's past this episode though..but It looks like that is for next week.
I got the impression from the manga that the body Oro was using was female, as well. After all...isn't it the same one from the exams that he killed?
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 15:39   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliniar
I was under the impression from the manga that he was in a female body anyways. just unlike the manga they really show it...maybe i should go read the manga again. but it was teh impresson i got.
Well the face looked like a chick but like many other characters, and actually the only female thing of his face were the lips.
And in the manga, when the Anbu spoke about this 'young one', they didn't speak about him as a woman at all.
Beside he had no boobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
I got the impression from the manga that the body Oro was using was female, as well. After all...isn't it the same one from the exams that he killed?
Nope.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 16:36   Link #11
Karyu
The Ruler of The Dragons

I liked the ep very much, but for the drawing I never ever have seen something this bad before. Hope such drawing never appears again?
Karyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 16:36   Link #12
Karyu
The Ruler of The Dragons

I liked the ep very much, but for the drawing I never ever have seen something this bad before. Hope such drawing never appears again!
Karyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 16:53   Link #13
raikage
日本語を食べません!

That animation was sh*t horrible.

I remember the manga alternating between fights; almost definitely at the end of the battles.

No, Oro does not have the body of the Grass nin.
Spoiler:

Besides, if Oro did use that body, the ANBU wouldn't have found it outside of the Forest.

EDIT: Monir, at least you waited until the ep was actually out. Many people who start the ep/manga discussion threads start it 2-3 days before it's released (do they really, really just want their name as the topic starter or something?)
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 17:29   Link #14
Late
Peelo

Great episode! Nonstop action between Hokage and Oro!
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 17:37   Link #15
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyu
I liked the ep very much, but for the drawing I never ever have seen something this bad before. Hope such drawing never appears again!
Yeah, um, thank god the animation staff doesn't listen to you.

Personally, If I had a choice between last week's stiff but great looking animation and this week's smooth, awesome fight scenes, and slightly less than great animation, I'd choose this week's everytime.

Oh, and have you even watched Naruto before? Because you say you've never seen animation this bad before?! This exact same team has done almost every great episode of Naruto! This is the team that did the final Zabuza episode (Where he went nuts with the kunai), Sasuke vs Orochimaru (one of the best fight scenes) and part of the Lee vs Gaara fight.

Hell, this team has proven one thing...they should be the ONLY team to animate Naruto...all of their episodes share one thing in common...they're fucking amazing.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 17:45   Link #16
DarkNtity

Bah, I for one just loved the drawing/animation. Pure top notch. Just think Sasuke vs Orochimaru's fight multipled by the power of the Hokages.
Disney-esque, Gaara chasing, Suna genin retreating, Sasuke following, Anbu watching, Enma summoning, Hokage/Sannin showdowning, Overpowered jutsu tossing goodness.

Blissful Episode.
DarkNtity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 17:47   Link #17
EcHeLoN

nah heh, I completely disagree. I was much less than 'slightly poor'. Altho, it's surprising that it's the same team that did all of those incredible eps in the past. Nonetheless, I look forward to next week
EcHeLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 17:48   Link #18
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
alright, how the heck did bakasan get that episode subbed already.. that guy is a machine..

thank you so much bakasan for your hard work, amazing

Bakasan/The anime gods have blessed us today. Now I download and seed as fast as my little connection can handle.
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 17:48   Link #19
realdeal
The Real Deal

I hope the animation is not as bad as people say, hearing this is a gr8 fight.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-18, 18:06   Link #20
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
wow bakasan = crazy fast O_o o_O i was d/l the raw and i found out bakasan is already finish w/ it @_@ gj gj gj i hope the drawing isnt that bas as everyone say...well not everyone
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote