AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 10 24.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 24.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 17.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.44%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-28, 00:36   Link #1
4Tran

Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Note that because Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Season is licensed, the following apply as well:
  • Asking where you can find Maria-sama ga Miteru downloads.
  • Providing links to Maria-sama ga Miteru downloads.
  • Discussing Maria-sama ga Miteru fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Maria-sama ga Miteru.
  • Asking for playback help for Maria-sama ga Miteru episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-02-28, 08:06   Link #2
mintyfresh
Altoid

It seems this episode also covered an entire novel after all.
However, I'm not the slightest bit unsatisfied about it. Everything seemed to have been done so well, and the story flowed together perfectly, with hardly a sense of things being rushed.

I've actually been trying to revert back to how I enjoyed Marimite when I watched the first season -- as simply an anime rather than an adaptation from novels. And while that's kind of hard for me to do now, I think that if the episode's good, that should really be all that matters. And consequently, I certainly thought this episode was one of the better ones.

Spoiler for Ah, but...:

Next week we finally get to the Ookina Tobira... arc, which I actually have read (separating book from anime will be even more difficult now...). However, it looks like they're spacing this one out over 2 episodes. I cannot begin to describe how much at ease that puts me.
Old 2009-02-28, 12:20   Link #3
Molenir

As much as I'm enjoying this, I wouldn't have minded a 5th season of Marimite as well. I would have been happy if they had slowed the series down and included the details I know they're leaving out. Still, has been a good series so far.
Old 2009-02-28, 16:13   Link #4
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
Episode is really only focused on Yumi. Maybe, (just maybe) there is a chance that they will do another season for other roses and side stories too. Anyway, I don't remember the previous roses (Youko's batch) interfering so much about the business of their en boutons. But I don't mind it on ep9, it shows they support each other. Their friendship/sisterhood bond has gotten stronger and bits of pure/innocent love shown. I guess it's what they are aiming to deliver.
Old 2009-02-28, 20:07   Link #5
Lesca

Good Episode...

Spoiler for Ep 9:

Last edited by Lesca; 2009-03-01 at 19:40.
Old 2009-02-28, 20:31   Link #6
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Spoiler for Ep 9:

Yoshino and Shimako are a hoot.
Old 2009-03-01, 06:35   Link #7
Woodchips
つかれた!

::Cough::

I was really looking forward to this episode. It's taken quite a few episodes, but the last few have really started to get the formula right as far as pacing and plot progression is concerned. And this episode... just lost it again.

I know they have a bit of character development to go over, but I think it has already been established that Yumi is pining over Touko, that Touko is not the cold-hearted girl that we see projected most of the time, and that the Roses are a very close-knit group of friends. Do we really need to have an entire twenty minutes dedicated to something that could easily be covered in half that time?

Now, I'm all for character studies, character development, and using time to really flesh out the characters and their relationships, but I think they just got the balance all wrong. No new material is being covered as far as character thoughts are concerned, and only a little in the way of plot has been progressed.

Before anyone tries to tell me that they skipped out a lot of material from the novels, I am talking about this purely based on the material from the anime, and analysing the anime purely based on what is presented in the anime.

I am hoping with the end of the season rapidly approaching, that we will start to pick up the pace again, to match the last few episodes.

Overall I gave this episode a 6/10 (Average). I'm probably being a bit harsh, but I kept watching the clock to see how much time until they started to progress things, which unfortunately never happened.

Last edited by Woodchips; 2009-03-01 at 10:39. Reason: Cheers sa547
Old 2009-03-01, 08:00   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 09:
Old 2009-03-01, 09:00   Link #9
sa547
*Author

@Woodchips @Lesca: uh, look out, guys. Mods don't want the "magic word".
Old 2009-03-01, 09:42   Link #10
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Shimako's the best. Every time I look at her, I can't help but think "it'd be such a waste for her to become a nun".

Noriko was funny with her fightos. Quite different from last year's White Rose relationship.
Old 2009-03-01, 10:29   Link #11
inisipis

Like how the episode plays out. I really like how they finally dealt with dynamics between Yoshino and Shimako. The Yin and Yang of the Yamayurikai. It would certainly be an interesting reign when it's Yumi's group turn to head it. Much more entertaining than the one woman show during Sachiko's time.

Past experiences always show that Yoshino is the get in charge kind of person with Yumi tapering her more extreme excess along with Shimako giving solid wise advise.

I also almost spilled my drink, just like Yoshino, when Shimako says that she "likes Yoshino..." Totally funny. I always knew that Shimako is a Belldandy in training. All that's left is she sprouts Holy Bell

Touko has really ante up her stakes regarding her relationship with Yumi and the rest. Can't really tell whats in her mind (thus making it more ineresting). Curiouser and curiouser. She even played out a Rosa Canina stunt. can't wait for the next Episode.

Last edited by inisipis; 2009-03-01 at 11:01.
Old 2009-03-01, 10:38   Link #12
sa547
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-01, 11:03   Link #13
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think Touko did it so they could really win the election. They needed a villain to defeat for that. And she does like villain roles.
Old 2009-03-01, 11:46   Link #14
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchips View Post
Overall I gave this episode a 6/10 (Average). I'm probably being a bit harsh, but I kept watching the clock to see how much time until they started to progress things, which unfortunately never happened.
That's funny. I had the exact opposite experience.
While watching this episode I kept one eye on the status bar to make sure that there was still plenty of room left for things to keep going. When I finally saw that the ep was getting close to the end, I felt a little downcast.

Granted, I can't say that I don't understand your frustration.
Old 2009-03-01, 14:04   Link #15
Kazu-kun

Well, since I hate Toko and this episode's artwork was ugly as f**k, I'll give it a 4. Really, those close-up of Shimako's face were just painful to watch.
Old 2009-03-01, 14:06   Link #16
Molenir

Well I really enjoyed this episode. I still don't understand what Touko was thinking, why she entered the election. I think its more then wanting to provide a villain. I don't think that sounds right. I'm thinking perhaps, just once, she wanted to stand on the same stage as Yumi, but maybe even more then that. Hopefully we'll find out more in the next episode or 2 when we finally learn Touko's secret.
Old 2009-03-01, 16:25   Link #17
textgirl

where is everyone readin the novels but it was alright but i dont know y touko did wat she did i mean damn they where gonna winn anyway so wat was the point of her enterin
Old 2009-03-01, 19:40   Link #18
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Hmm... Maybe it's because I watched this episode while half asleep, but I thought it was rather eventless. Though I did enjoy the episode, like Noriko, as Woodchips said, nothing really new was introduced in the episode. Maybe I'll have to watch the episode again later.
And I was pretty confused about Touko entering the election as well. What I thougth of at the end, was that Touko entered the election to make the roses' winning more profound (?). Like, if the roses en bouten had no competition, they become the student councils by default. So by having a second party running, other students can really show that they wanted the roses en bouten to be the next roses by picking them. Not sure if I even explained my views correctly.
Old 2009-03-01, 21:31   Link #19
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Other than bouten being actually bouton, it seems like a pretty reasonable observation.
Old 2009-03-01, 21:59   Link #20
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

powerful. 10/10
Closed Thread