AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Clannad (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=61635)

Klashikari 2007-10-29 06:08

Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~

This thread is meant to discuss about Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful life~. You can use this thread to discuss about both game and manga adaptation of this spin-off.
Feel free to share your opinions, game experience and so forth.

Before anything though, please remember this game/manga is a spin-off sequel, following the end of Tomoyo's route in the original CLANNAD game (it doesn't reflect the original time line and events of CLANNAD, so spin-off).
Hence, please understand it might spoil you concerning Tomoyo's route. That said, for further overal information, please check the wikipedia article.

As a final note, please do not discuss about Tomoyo in her "CLANNAD period". For this, please rather use the concerned episode thread, the game discussion thread, and/or her character discussion thread.

Spoiler Policy

Kang Seung Jae 2007-10-29 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascaloth (Post 1226638)
Eh-to....but why?

Telling you will spoil the story.

Ascaloth 2007-10-29 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae (Post 1226640)
Telling you will spoil the story.

Oh, so you mean the story for Tomoyo After is so sad you'll rip your heart out if an anime comes out for it. Heh....for a while there I thought you meant that you'll rip your heart out because it won't do justice to the game in your opinion, or something. :heh:

But if that's the case, IMO by all means bring on a KyoAni Tomoyo After! I personally don't mind being made to bawl all over again.... :p

Tangowr 2007-11-01 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae (Post 1226311)
Just a thought: I hope they don't make an anime for Tomoyo After, or I'll rip my heart out crying.

The PC end?

But the PS2 end has a extra 1 minute scene that turned the PC game sad end into a Happy/True end...

Kang Seung Jae 2007-11-01 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangowr (Post 1231835)
But the PS2 end has a extra 1 minute scene that turned the PC game sad end into a Happy/True end...

It does?

Would you be kind enough to PM me the details?

sapphirearcz 2007-11-01 09:51

If only Tomoyo will replace Nagisa as the main female lead... and Tomoyo After replace After Story for the anime. LOL

Can someone kindly PM me the details of whats the ending for Tomoyo After?? what had happened?.. Don't tell me they broke up or something.........

X207 2007-11-01 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphirearcz (Post 1232443)
If only Tomoyo will replace Nagisa as the main female lead... and Tomoyo After replace After Story for the anime. LOL

i wouldnt mind that possibility either. it would be a funny coincidence :heh:

mr_winkie 2007-11-01 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangowr (Post 1231835)
The PC end?

How where the endings between the two versions different? I'd like to be told the differences between the two myself via PM if possible too

Tangowr 2007-11-01 21:30

Well, the PS2 added a scene like a epilogue...

Spoiler for Tomoyo After PS2 end...:

Kang Seung Jae 2007-11-01 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangowr (Post 1233452)
Well, the PS2 added a scene like a epilogue...

Spoiler for Tomoyo After PS2 end...:

Spoiler for My Thoughts:

cshard 2007-11-01 21:54

edit: Whoops, looks like I posted a little too late. :heh:

A question for Tangowr...

Spoiler for ending clarification:

Tangowr 2007-11-01 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshard (Post 1233492)
edit: Whoops, looks like I posted a little too late. :heh:

A question for Tangowr...

Sunset scene, when he fell "asleep"

cshard 2007-11-01 23:28

Hmm, I may want to PM you directly later to check on some details in that case. Not now, since I'm a little busy. Hope you don't mind.

eMpTy265 2007-11-02 01:32

Regarding the 'true story' of Tomoyo after:

Spoiler for Tomoya's accident, and the aftermath:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshard (Post 1233492)

Spoiler for Clarification of TA: True story:

Spoiler for The ending, and differences between PS and PC:

Personally I prefer the original ending, as the altered ending sort of cheapens the whole aftermath of the surgery... but good endings are always nice.

IMO, "Tomoyo After" really fleshed out Tomoyo and Tomoya's character, giving much more character depth to the two, as well as a resolution to their relationship. In Clannad, nothing really happened in their line in terms of character development. TA's definately the reason that I like Tomoyo so much. :)

cshard 2007-11-02 05:33

@ eMpTy265 and Tangowr

Thanks for the clarification. I actually understand most of the ending, with the exception of the whole:

Spoiler for Ending spoilers:

Methinks they should have gone the whole hog for the PS2 ending actually (either change it completely, or stick to the original, more moving ending), but I suppose I shall settle for it. GAAAAHHH~~~!!!! Reading this thread spoilt my entire day. T_T

I'd assumed that there was a:

Spoiler for ending spoilers:

in both versions and I'd considered the whole thing closed for myself. I suppose I shouild put getting the CS edtion on the top of my list now. I feel like knocking the writer of TA on the head for this now. How dare they treat Tomoyo like this~~~~ :frustrated:

And eMpTy265...

Spoiler for Reply to Clarification of TA: True story::

I may still want to PM one of you two for some additional qns. XD Hope you don't mind.

mr_winkie 2007-11-02 13:21

Well that certainly explains a lot of details I missed - especially since the the last part of it was very text-heavy (I relied on spoken Japanese and AGTH when I played Tomoyo After).

Spoiler for my interpretation of events:

Still, regardless...
Spoiler:

There's one thing that I wondered about though....
Spoiler for in regards to the PS2 ending:

eMpTy265 2007-11-03 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshard (Post 1233994)

<removed for length>

Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_winkie (Post 1234591)
Well that certainly explains a lot of details I missed - especially since the the last part of it was very text-heavy (I relied on spoken Japanese and AGTH when I played Tomoyo After).

Spoiler for my interpretation of events:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Raykun 2007-11-04 03:26

I thought in the end it was nothing more then a
Spoiler:

cshard 2007-11-04 05:05

Meh, I'm still pissed over finding out about what really happened... but I was thinking a bit about something. I had a thought that if by some stroke of fortune/misfortune, and Kyo-Ani does do a Tomoyo After OVA or something... which ending would they choose to flesh out? Or better yet...
Spoiler for ending spoilers:

Anyway, my thoughts on the whole issue? I wonder if this isn't Key's not so subtle way of telling the fans not to bug them for sequels. :heh: (Yes, I did read that thing that was mentioned about the writer Maeda. Tis just a joke.)

We should all start getting worried if Key announces a Kyou/Kotomo/Fuuko After. :heh:

eMpTy265 2007-11-04 17:55

I'd die if they did the last PS2 scene with a dream sequence setting :frustrated:

Especially if they draw Tomoyo and Tomoya in shades of light colors...

Anyways... I think we've really gone on a tangent with TA... maybe we should get a sub-thread.. (j/k)

Then again, there isn't much for Tomoyo discussion in ep.5... save for the chance that Misae might replace Tomoyo as the Sunohara killer...