View Single Post
Old 2016-06-29, 08:00   Link #346
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That really doesn't make any sense to me. We were born in the same fold? In the same Force? What does that even mean? Is it like being born under the same Zodiac sign?
As I noted the first time, they use the terms "feeling/reading the wind" as a metaphor for sensing 'emotions/thoughts' through fold space, in the form of "fold waves," which is something that we were introduced to in Frontier.

It's not like The Force in that people can use it to move things around, just in the sense that it's something that exists and that connects everything, but some people (races/organisms) are better able to express or sense fold waves for various reasons. The important thing about it is that it's a medium for communication, for understanding how others feel without words etc.

Spoiler for Comments from Kawamori re: Frontier that are relevant for this topic...:

And that's all I'm going to be saying about this for now...mostly because it hasn't yet been explained. But it seems like we're slowly getting more bits and pieces about how it all works in Delta. And after this most recent episode, I think I'll also need to rewatch Zero, though I won't be able to do that til I get home in a few more weeks...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2016-06-29 at 08:49.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote