Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-06-06, 00:04   Link #61
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
Why not buy from amazon or ebgames.com?
I have unused credit over at EBgames, which is why I'm buying it from them. They said they will call me when they get new shipments in. Lesson learned always pre-order when it's a non-big release, since they normally receive a small amount.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 23:51   Link #62
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Actually, if it's an ATLUS game, always pre-order. That's been my experience, anyway. Unlike Square-Enix, they don't flood the gaming market, and their stuff is INCREDIBLY hard to find. My first experience was with Rhapsody - saw it in stores once, and then never again. A few years later I tracked it down on eBay.

Occasionally they'll do a re-release, as was the case with Disgaea. But otherwise, it's very hard to find the games once they're gone... and it happens quickly.
Old 2007-06-07, 21:31   Link #63
Kazu
Flowing

I need help in odin sphere,how do you beat those green slimy looking things in cornelius' last chapter
Old 2007-06-07, 21:42   Link #64
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
The only way to beat those slime things are either use ur Psypher magic attacks on it IE Phozon Burst or Cyclone or just use the potions like Napalm and such.

Those things are so ANNOYING!! >,< my all powerful Cornelius can't make a dent with his sword so I have to stock up on Napalms and other offensive potions.

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 00:47   Link #65
Ledgem
Love Yourself

It seems that those green things bother everyone. I've seen posts about them on other areas of the internet as well.

If you're Cornelius, you must use napalm. I've also read that you can use an O(oze) potion against them, and it should take them out, but I've never tried it. Supposedly, if you make them drop a chest (use down + attack to boost the chances of that happening) then the chest should always contain an O potion. Some people have said that isn't the case, though. Either way, stock up on napalm. Onionnes are too rare in Titania. As Mercedes, Oswald, or Velvet, you can use their special attacks to take care of the oozes easily. Cornelius just doesn't have a special attack of that nature, I suppose. (Maybe has to do with red psyphers vs. blue psyphers... just kidding.)

Titania isn't so bad when you play as Mercedes, but it gets my vote as the least pleasant set of levels in the game.
Old 2007-06-09, 11:32   Link #66
dont

pic form code
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/vie...01830014422514
"NotoKwaiiyoNoto" XDDDD
dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 16:52   Link #67
arias

None of you can say that Odin Sphere does not have ace writing.

"Look, my arms are too small to even hold you now."

"No.. your arms have never held me stronger."

Oh god.

I cried. I'm kidding - it's corny as smuck.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 17:02   Link #68
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I was rolling my eyes. Gwendolyn's story also had some of that, like Oswald's "your love is like a star..." I thought it was bad enough, until Gwendolyn fired back with similar rhetoric. Sheesh. I think Mercedes' story was relatively light on it. I'm now playing through Oswald's story, and while it's been heavily emo ("what meaning does my life have?!") there's been little corny vocab. I know it's coming, though.

You know you love it.
Old 2007-06-18, 00:59   Link #69
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 14:08   Link #70
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I watched the Japanese trailer. And I have two impressions:

1. The character animation reminds me of some experimental animation work I've seen like from that National Film Board place.

2. The giant monsters and their animations screamed, "CONTRAAAAA!!!!!"
Old 2007-06-19, 20:08   Link #71
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Argh those damn green slimes are pissing me off. So are the damn wizards that disappear after one hit.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 20:13   Link #72
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Argh those damn green slimes are pissing me off. So are the damn wizards that disappear after one hit.
I finished the entire stage very quickly with 3-4 Napalms. The disappearing wizards are annoying, so I either catch them with the napalm or Phozon Burst them. Not too many of them so it's fine.
Old 2007-06-19, 21:40   Link #73
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Once you get used to the wizards, it's not too bad. If you'd prefer to hack and slash your way through anyway, use Blizzard potions to freeze the wizards. Try to get it such that they're all clustered together so that you can get them all at once.

If you're on Cornelius' story, this may not be an option, though. I forgot when you pick up the Blizzard alchemy scroll.
Old 2007-06-19, 21:51   Link #74
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Once you get used to the wizards, it's not too bad. If you'd prefer to hack and slash your way through anyway, use Blizzard potions to freeze the wizards. Try to get it such that they're all clustered together so that you can get them all at once.

If you're on Cornelius' story, this may not be an option, though. I forgot when you pick up the Blizzard alchemy scroll.
You pick up beforehand, so it's possible.
Old 2007-06-19, 23:24   Link #75
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

You can also deflect the swords back at the wizards (works on the ooze too). It takes a chuck out of their HP and also stuns them so you can unleash a combo or two to take them out. In clusters, it best to prepare a napalm the first time they appear so you can take them out quickly before they spread out.

I didn't find that stage all that difficult once you learn the attack patterns of the enemies (currently playing on hard). Plan your attack, don't rush, and retreat when you feel that the situation looks bad. Obviously you won't get a 'S' rating, but it is much more satisfying planning each stage and strategy carefully ^^
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 06:26   Link #76
Bloodseeker

This game's pretty good... first game since Tsukihime (which I played about two months ago) that I can play for eight hours on end and can't wait to get back home and continue playing. (last game before that was Okami, and it had been a long time before that... I think that it was FFX) I'm at the epilogue of Mercedes' book. Easily my favorite protagonist in the game so far, both gameplay and character-wise. Its too bad that she jobs so often in other people's books.

Come to think of it, with the exception of Melvin and the wizard, Ringford just wins all the way around. They have the only royalty that I actually like, and the fairy queen and the generic flying fairy chicks are the hottest chicks in the game, IMO.

Edit: Agreed on Titania being a lot easier with Mercedes. Piercing Shot = OHKO for those annoying purple wizards and slimes.

I just made two large bags worth the napalms when I went through there as Cornelius. Purple wizards were still annoying, but the slimes were nothing.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 14:15   Link #77
Ritzia
Saburo's Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
All I can say it looks beautiful, I'm so buying this when it hits the states. I hope thie plot turns out to be good like most Atlus games I played.

It's a really great game! (there is too much fighting though, at least 3 bosses per level!) I bought 3 days ago, and I love it. Oswald is simply adorable too
Ritzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 09:28   Link #78
Kazu
Flowing

I realized this a while ago but did anyone notice that whenever you turn your character around they switch their weapons to their other hand,which means they're both right and left handed
Old 2007-06-24, 13:21   Link #79
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
I realized this a while ago but did anyone notice that whenever you turn your character around they switch their weapons to their other hand,which means they're both right and left handed
It's probably just sprite mirroring. It is a common occurance in 2D games.
Old 2007-06-24, 22:01   Link #80
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
It's probably just sprite mirroring. It is a common occurance in 2D games.
I actually noticed that with Oswald, it looks (very briefly) like he moves his hand to switch the sword over to the other hand. Sprite mirroring is common, but it does seem as if they included an animation to show the character moving the weapon over. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened with the other characters as well (excluding Velvet).