AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 68 35.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 37.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 20.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-02, 07:02   Link #301
EasyPrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It's almost a shame that Clare's almost certain to get her arm replaced.
I think it would be a shame for Clare to have her arm replaced. Here is why:

1) According to Anime Laws, the one with the most disabilities, will be the strongest. I.E. A tall muscular fighter, in his prime health will most likely to be defeated by an old fart, that can barely stand and is missing an arm. I hope Clare is missing an arm, that is the only way she will be strong enough to defeat Ophelia (I know that sounds retarded, but those are the Anime laws).

2) I think (but I am not sure), the girl in the water was a not Clare.

3) We are not sure what we are seeing in the preview. A flashback? A flash forward? I know I got fooled when I did not pick up the Tressa Arch was a flashback. I don't intend to repeat that mistake.

4) Previews have tendency to be misleading. I would not put too much stock in deducing the story line from the preview. After all, after watching the last week's episode, I came to the conclusion that Clare was going to seduce Ophelia. Look how that turned out.

-EasyPrey
Old 2007-07-02, 07:03   Link #302
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I wonder how Priscilla would behave

Priscilla: I loved my Papa.... I killed him...

Shrink: I see...Tell me morre about yourr fatherr

Priscilla: He was so nice....but my mother wasn`t

Shrink: I see...It must have been harrd...."Scribles more" Patient has Electra complex and behaves rather emotional when speaking of her childhood.
Old 2007-07-02, 07:16   Link #303
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Why people was obsessed with Ophelia-Claire pairing? This is not Kannduki no Miko or any those lesbian animes. Sheesh.
Old 2007-07-02, 08:00   Link #304
NezoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Why people was obsessed with Ophelia-Claire pairing? This is not Kannduki no Miko or any those lesbian animes. Sheesh.
I'm not surprised that Claymore has attracted the yuri fanboys/fangirls. But, they should keep in mind that Claymore (like Bleach and Naruto) is a "shonen" anime. If they want yuri, they should go somewhere else.
Old 2007-07-02, 08:17   Link #305
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

^ No...It´s perfect the way it is....Trust me.

The voice of Nom Nom as spoken!

Anyways...Does anyone know who that one eyed Claymore is from? That was seen in the preview? I mean, it had a missing eye. it could be the one to kill Ophelia or save Clare.
Old 2007-07-02, 08:31   Link #306
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
there is something bothering me in that show.
now that simple demons/monsters are not a challenge anymore and that awakened being are the new oponent for claire there is something that bothers me.

from a background PoV awakened beings are from former claymore that behave bad and that no one bothered spanking.

from a shonen PoV the hero cant return to kill small fries instead of the new more powerfull oponent. the hero must keep on killinig/fighting more numerous and more powerefull oponents over and over until end boss.

this bring me to the point that displease me in the script. i mean before claire entered the scene the organisation had left some awakened being roaming around the world having meals left and right whenever they entered a village.
From a shonen perspective Claire will have to fight awakened being one on one then fight two at a time until she has enought HP/power to take on Priscilla in order to keep on following the shonen powerhungry curve.
hence the so to keep Claire busy it means that there must be HUGE number of awakened around meaning that before the "Claire time" the organisation was or is loosing more claymore than they produced or that they never bothered dealing with them before the show introduced them.
hence the "flaw" that is bothering me in the script.

If claire was to loose to her arm permanently so that simple demon were to become a challenge again that would then defeat the curve of evolution of the character (hell even Guts has "lost a forearm" yet has a substitute to make it like there is no severed limb so that he can keep on fight more powerfull foes).

so what ever direction the story follow there is either breaking the curve or showing a "flaw" in preparation of the plot with organisation miraculously realizing they now have to deal with awakened beings.
Old 2007-07-02, 08:57   Link #307
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrmiasma View Post
well, from what i can tell every new arc is going to have a new batch of characters except Clare, even Raki is gone! But no one cares about Raki anyways...

we will see that 1 eyed claymore next episode might not even be a ally for Clare or Irene
I do! I'm not a Raki hater. And i think he and Clare will make a cute (and funny) couple someday...

*Imaginating* :P

CLARE: Honey, i'm in hooooome!

RAKI (using an apron): Ah, Clare! Welcome back. How was your work today?

CLARE: Whew! A lot hard. I fought ten youmas, two Awaked Ones and one sick twisted co-worker who thought i was going too good for a low-ranked Claymore. Sometimes i think i'm giving one arm and two legs for this job.

RAKI: Oh really?! Here, let me guard your sword and armor inside the closet.

CLARE: Thanks! Let me rest a little reading the newspaper "CLAYMORE TODAY"... Heck! Miria is the employed of the month AGAIN?!

RAKI: Clare, what about we go to Rabona tomorrow? There's some curtains i want to buy there.

CLARE: Oh i'm sorry, but i invited some co-workers to dinner with us tomorrow.

RAKI: Who?!

CLARE: Helen and Deneve.

RAKI: No! Not Helen!! She's allways making a move on me and touching my butt when you're not looking... even when she's more than twenty yards far from me! (starts crying)

EDIT...

CLARE: What? Really?!

RAKI (still sobbing): Yeah. The other day when you was not around she came here and spoke in my ear: "If you think my hands are strange, just wait to see what i can do with my tongue...".

Last edited by PGilis; 2007-07-02 at 10:13.
Old 2007-07-02, 09:00   Link #308
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Priceless!!! Raki suffers alot
Old 2007-07-02, 09:15   Link #309
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
now that simple demons/monsters are not a challenge anymore and that awakened being are the new oponent for claire there is something that bothers me.

from a background PoV awakened beings are from former claymore that behave bad and that no one bothered spanking.

from a shonen PoV the hero cant return to kill small fries instead of the new more powerfull oponent. the hero must keep on killinig/fighting more numerous and more powerefull oponents over and over until end boss.

this bring me to the point that displease me in the script. i mean before claire entered the scene the organisation had left some awakened being roaming around the world having meals left and right whenever they entered a village.
From a shonen perspective Claire will have to fight awakened being one on one then fight two at a time until she has enought HP/power to take on Priscilla in order to keep on following the shonen powerhungry curve.
hence the so to keep Claire busy it means that there must be HUGE number of awakened around meaning that before the "Claire time" the organisation was or is loosing more claymore than they produced or that they never bothered dealing with them before the show introduced them.
hence the "flaw" that is bothering me in the script.

If claire was to loose to her arm permanently so that simple demon were to become a challenge again that would then defeat the curve of evolution of the character (hell even Guts has "lost a forearm" yet has a substitute to make it like there is no severed limb so that he can keep on fight more powerfull foes).

so what ever direction the story follow there is either breaking the curve or showing a "flaw" in preparation of the plot with organisation miraculously realizing they now have to deal with awakened beings.
Well, fighting awakened beings isn't the only way to get stronger. There are also claymores she might have to fight (like Ophelia) and she can go into training (like learning Irene's flash sword). Also, there's no reason to assume that Claire will have to take on the stronger awakened beings up to Priscilla by herself.

As for the organization's stance on awakened beings, they treat them like regular yoma. If they get a request, they will act on it.
Old 2007-07-02, 09:16   Link #310
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
What intrigues me is that there have been 3 times in the anime the org knowingly put claymores in extreme stress and danger ( the ideal conditions for awakening):

1) Sending the Priscilla , Irene, Sophia and Noel after teresa
2) Sending the Fab four to be killed by the male awakened being.
3) Sending ophelia and clare to fight(and probably be killed by) an awakened being

Other than event number 2, we haven't seen signs of the organization keeping track of what happened in these fights, let alone having a contingency plan for if things go wrong. Either they're too dumb to realize the high chances of awakenings when they give such missions, or they don't care, or they have some secret reason for wanting awakenings, or they are following events from "off-screen", or its just a plothole. The org's reaction/involvement in this whole Ophelia/Clare/Irene incident over next few eps should give us insight into which option holds.

P.S: twisted_reality, that article on no psychologists was a fun read . But I can only imagine what would happen if you put ophelia on a psychiatrist's couch :P.
The org seem a bit moronic imo, I just realised I am making an assumption that they would be keeping tabs on the Claymores based on them realising that Terese had wiped a bunch of scum sucking pond weed scum off the face of the earth. But thinking about what Ophelia had said it seems that she has killed humies many times before. If she has killed humans before, I wonder what she does different to allow her to not be noticed by the org. I mean there is no way I personally would flag Terese higher risk then Ophelia, but then again I have watched epi 11 and 12 and the org hasn't

LMAO @ the last line of Raki's house wife dialogue
Old 2007-07-02, 09:19   Link #311
zato_1one

@D a m i e n

Stay at ease. If at this point is still not enough then you will know soon why we manga reader are so obsess with this series right now.

Again, just wait and see.

Waiting patiently for next episode...
Old 2007-07-02, 10:03   Link #312
Ejinathan
pro lumberjack

PGilis you're story is just perfect haha

Anyway i hope that once i can see their real colors properly without to much shade background .
Old 2007-07-02, 10:35   Link #313
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n
now that simple demons/monsters are not a challenge anymore and that awakened being are the new oponent for claire there is something that bothers me....

...If claire was to loose to her arm permanently so that simple demon were to become a challenge again that would then defeat the curve of evolution of the character (hell even Guts has "lost a forearm" yet has a substitute to make it like there is no severed limb so that he can keep on fight more powerfull foes).

Hmm...not sure if I've correctly understood your post. If you're commenting on how the tone of the story changed after Episode 9 or 10, then I would agree. Claymore is no longer a "monster-of-the-week" show that it at first appeared to be.

Certainly, now that Awakened Beings have been introduced, normal youma seem...quite pointless now. Up until now, we've been made to think that they were the greatest threat to mankind. Now, we realise that the real threats are Awakened Beings instead. (Well...there's more. But all will soon be revealed.)

I've speculated elsewhere that this marks a critical turning point in both the anime and the manga. With hindsight, I suspect that a sudden blast of inspiration hit the mangaka around this point, prompting him to push what could have been an ordinary series into much more exciting territory. Nonetheless, it did come at a price, because the sudden shift in momentum left some plotholes that I think the mangaka is only now beginning to address.

Anyways, enjoy the show for what it is. The best is yet to come.
Old 2007-07-02, 10:52   Link #314
Ejinathan
pro lumberjack

Still Rubel try to avoid killing awakened ones. Like he said about Priscilla.

"If we are ordered to kill her, i would put everyone in this mission".

But if he would do that his life could get pwned >< and he got a bigger chance to lose his army of claymores.
Old 2007-07-02, 11:11   Link #315
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
accidental double post

Last edited by Amirali; 2007-07-02 at 11:19. Reason: doubleposted accidentally
Old 2007-07-02, 11:17   Link #316
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
thinking about what Ophelia had said it seems that she has killed humies many times before. If she has killed humans before, I wonder what she does different to allow her to not be noticed by the org. I mean there is no way I personally would flag Terese higher risk then Ophelia, but then again I have watched epi 11 and 12 and the org hasn't
Maybe they have noticed Ophelia's murders, but after the teresa incident, they try to be more subtle in their methods? After all, sending an elite squad to wipe Teresa out turned out badly. The problem with sending Claymores to kill Claymores is that whichever side is losing; there's a chance of going "Awakened" and wreaking havoc(and killing Organization human resources).
On the other hand, if u try to get a problem child wiped out by an Awakened Being, you don't suffer any losses even if she goes Berserk Awakened and wipes out the Awakened Being. All that happens then is that one awakened being has died, to be replaced by another. No claymore casualties, no net increases in the total Awakened Being headcount.

Last edited by Amirali; 2007-07-02 at 11:19. Reason: typo
Old 2007-07-02, 11:19   Link #317
Lendial

why hasnt priscila been "requested" upon? surely she has to eat guts to survive. How absurdly powerful would she have to be to need the entire claymore army on her butt.
Old 2007-07-02, 11:32   Link #318
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
why hasnt priscila been "requested" upon? surely she has to eat guts to survive. How absurdly powerful would she have to be to need the entire claymore army on her butt.
Hmm...maybe because she "took no prisoners"? It's kind of difficult for a ghost town to send a request to kill a Voracious Eater.
Old 2007-07-02, 11:35   Link #319
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Nope...Rubel said they would measure their strenght and the awakened strenght. Plus if the money was worth it and they had possibilites of winning....

So..they just let her roaming around while the Order says

"It was a weather ballon!!! NO CONSPIRACY!! WE ARE NOT CROOKS!!"
Old 2007-07-02, 12:17   Link #320
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

As non-manga reader, my theories why the Org let's someone like Ophelia run wild
is because they've become corrupted
Keep the people in fear (wether it be by Yoma/AO or ophelia and other Wild Claymores)
and you can count on a steady income