AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 68 35.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 37.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 20.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-02, 13:58   Link #321
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynglingatal View Post
Well... not entirely true. If you're bothered by the fanboys/fangirls now then just wait till future episodes. Below is my reason. It has some very light spoilers as it mentions character introductions that are yet to happen.

Spoiler for :
Heya Ynglingatal,

I fully agree what you are saying about the yuri part and that fanboys/girls will always find proof of it.

However what is under your spoiler tag will probably earn you a warning from a moderator if he comes by. Because it involves future story developments which haven't aired yet in the anime. If you want to discuss this topic you can best post it in the "anime venting" and/or "japanese manga" threads.

Last edited by dutchman; 2007-07-02 at 14:41.
Old 2007-07-02, 14:29   Link #322
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post
As non-manga reader, my theories why the Org let's someone like Ophelia run wild
is because they've become corrupted
Keep the people in fear (wether it be by Yoma/AO or ophelia and other Wild Claymores)
and you can count on a steady income
i think they've been like that since the beginning.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-07-02, 17:10   Link #323
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post
As non-manga reader, my theories why the Org let's someone like Ophelia run wild is because they've become corrupted
Or, as the easiest answer, and like she said, she gets rid of any possible witness of her acts. If she is capable of noticing the watchers (from the organization) around her, that is highly possible.
Old 2007-07-02, 17:57   Link #324
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejinathan View Post
Still Rubel try to avoid killing awakened ones. Like he said about Priscilla.

"If we are ordered to kill her, i would put everyone in this mission".

But if he would do that his life could get pwned >< and he got a bigger chance to lose his army of claymores.
That's not what Rubel said. He said that if a request came to kill Priscilla, the people in charge would balance the total fighting strength of the Organization against Priscilla's strength and then decide what to do. This implies that they might decide Priscilla is too powerful for the Organization to fight. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
why hasnt priscila been "requested" upon? surely she has to eat guts to survive. How absurdly powerful would she have to be to need the entire claymore army on her butt.
Good questions! The answers (spoilers) will not appear in an episode discussion thread, though you are welcome to speculate.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-07-02, 18:29   Link #325
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Rubel does go on and say that the Current #1 and #2 are quite powerful. Rubel also point out that Clare is really not that strong wish was first hint that Clare is the lowest rank in the Organization.
Old 2007-07-02, 20:17   Link #326
Sci-Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
how come irene didnt even attempt to grow back her lost arm? or is she just a special case being so specialized in offense?
Hopefully they'll explain it...maybe she couldn't, or didn't want to, or doesn't know how, or....lots of mysteries about the Claymores that hopefully is revealed later. I'm wondering what's the difference between an "offensive type" and a "defensive type"...they both kill yomas as quickly as possible...right?
Old 2007-07-02, 20:46   Link #327
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Irene already explained the difference between offensive and defensive types. Ofensive types have stronger attack power at the expense of not being able to regenerate lost body parts and slower healing rate.

In other words they do not both kill youmas as quickly as possible. Offensive types kill youma quicker, but Defensive types are better able to recover from injury.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-07-02, 21:35   Link #328
Lendial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
Rubel does go on and say that the Current #1 and #2 are quite powerful. Rubel also point out that Clare is really not that strong wish was first hint that Clare is the lowest rank in the Organization.
i would imagine theres a big power leap from 1,2 to 3 and below, just like from 5 to 6 and below. i doubt they are anywhere near where teresa was though.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-07-02 at 23:58.
Old 2007-07-03, 00:50   Link #329
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
Maybe they have noticed Ophelia's murders, but after the teresa incident, they try to be more subtle in their methods? After all, sending an elite squad to wipe Teresa out turned out badly. The problem with sending Claymores to kill Claymores is that whichever side is losing; there's a chance of going "Awakened" and wreaking havoc(and killing Organization human resources).
On the other hand, if u try to get a problem child wiped out by an Awakened Being, you don't suffer any losses even if she goes Berserk Awakened and wipes out the Awakened Being. All that happens then is that one awakened being has died, to be replaced by another. No claymore casualties, no net increases in the total Awakened Being headcount.
Ah, for some reason I stupidly didn't consider that they were trying to get rid of Ophelia.

That does make a lot more sense now and I really like your justification for it too.

In regards to Priscilla's power, I think this is a hard one to judge, but from what we have been told is that her latent power is greater then Terese's and Terese could pwn 2 to 5 without even changing her eyes. She was able to how off an near awakened Priscilla with only hitting 10% of her power.

Awakening increases their powers by some order, it basically put Clare who is not as powerful as normal claymore and who has concentrated on sensing rather then attacking on the same level as 6 downwards.

Now if we could only know what the multiplier is for awakening and if there is any claymore who is more powerful then Terese, then we could have a better chance to guess Priscilla's power level and if she can get beaten.

But I truely believe that power isn't the way to beat her. I think it is the tactic that Clare has chosen based on Terese. It doesn't matter how powerful someone is if they can't hit them. But then again I wonder if their power can buff up their natural armour? We have already seen Clare have issues with killing the male awakened....
Old 2007-07-03, 05:53   Link #330
noinimod

Really enjoyed this episode, and can someone tell me which vol of the manga the anime is at as of ep13?
Old 2007-07-03, 06:04   Link #331
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

With Ep 13..we are almost at the end of Vol 7..Next Episode will finsh Volume 7 and go on to Vol 8
Old 2007-07-03, 06:16   Link #332
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
With Ep 13..we are almost at the end of Vol 7..Next Episode will finsh Volume 7 and go on to Vol 8

And so, the real battle starts. Romance, betrayal, anguish, and the failure...The legend of Clare.
Old 2007-07-03, 06:30   Link #333
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
And so, the real battle starts. Romance, betrayal, anguish, and the failure...The legend of Clare.
After reading that I feel that I should cite you for spoilers, but can't figure out what you're talking about even though I've already read the manga.

Maybe I should just cite you for gibberish instead.

Old 2007-07-03, 07:46   Link #334
Ejinathan
pro lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Be carefull next time, my eyes hurts
Old 2007-07-03, 07:55   Link #335
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

AH! thought you could nail me? I won´t be fooled in to spoiling anything.
Old 2007-07-03, 11:18   Link #336
Lendial

a bit odd but could a defensive claymore regenerate an arm, cut it off, give it to clare, and regenerate it back? she wouldnt be fighting or anything so she could focus all her yoki to regenin.
Old 2007-07-03, 11:34   Link #337
Ejinathan
pro lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
That's not what Rubel said. He said that if a request came to kill Priscilla, the people in charge would balance the total fighting strength of the Organization against Priscilla's strength and then decide what to do. This implies that they might decide Priscilla is too powerful for the Organization to fight. Wow.
Look there i was just saying something with the same meaning. It's some time i've checked that ep and i'm sure you looked back at the ep to write it back down .

I gues it's not only against Priscilla asswell. There must be other very strong awakened ones i guess ... are there ?
Old 2007-07-03, 16:29   Link #338
Shinen
深淵の者

Mmh, I think I never saw Anime fans accepting a changed name that easily, apart from Ash in Pokemon maybe. He is not called Rubel at all
Old 2007-07-03, 16:48   Link #339
ArmisaelXVIII

Quote:
Look there i was just saying something with the same meaning. It's some time i've checked that ep and i'm sure you looked back at the ep to write it back down .

I gues it's not only against Priscilla asswell. There must be other very strong awakened ones i guess ... are there ?
It would be natural if there was at least one awakened that could match or even overpower priscilla...

Teresa was the 77th class. That makes 76 generations full of 0-digit that could possibly became awakened beings (and some of them male AB). And after Teresa may also be some new ones from the top five. But it's still hard to think in anything more powerfull. :P
Old 2007-07-03, 16:50   Link #340
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:

No, I didn't need to check the episode. I've got a pretty good memory. My point was that your statement had a very different meaning. You implied (perhaps accidently) that the Organization would definitely fight against Priscilla with all their strength. Rubel said that they might decide not to fight Priscilla because she might be too powerful to stop even with all their strength.

Closed Thread