AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-06, 06:55   Link #1121
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Just finished the latest episode...
Spoiler for Random HeixYin silly-ness:

Kino ~Kino no Tabi
Original Illust: Yomo (http://yea.jp/taimando/)
Old 2007-07-06, 09:32   Link #1122
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i just loved the piano play in this episode, but i ant shake the feeling that someone else composed it meaning, like long ago.. ( like End of EVA used Bach songs), am i wrong about this or not? because im sure i heard it before once (i tune in on Mezzo quite a lot during cleaning etc.)

not sure if people anounced this yet but OST release date:
July 25, which is a lot sooner for me than expected.. and even before the Geass seasonf inally *yay* something to keep me occupied in those days

source: http://kacpy.blogsome.com/2007/06/04...han-black-ost/

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2007-07-06 at 09:58.
Old 2007-07-06, 22:52   Link #1123
kauldron26
Med Student

lord have mercy.... i just finished episode 12, and the greatness of the episode... the greatness of this show is simply overwhelming. its saddening that some folks dont seem to "get it". and by that i mean to immerse one's self into this show. the last few minutes of Hei and Nick searching for each other for confrontation and when they do the fucking sky opens up to engulf Nick in his own dreams and desires... wow... this show is incredible. If i could name the one thing i love most about this show is the mood. the mood. every frame, every scene, u can sense that something is really wrong with the people that inhabit this world. something is innately wrong with the world itself. And the very mystery alone is truly phenomenal. ~sigh~ i have just experienced one of those moments... u know those moments when ur watching an anime, and u realize u are watching something special... and u know that u have fallen inlove with the show, and u know it will become a favorite, and u know u will watch it over and over again to decipher the numerous layers and characters, and u know u suddenly have to start worrying about ur top 10 because u do everything to convince urself that u wont shuffle ur top 10 anymore. lol. ive just experienced that moment. And it is why i watch anime. not for the moe/loli/otaku nonsense. but for the little moments of greatness that fall into a mosaic, daring to be shattering. To find great anime like this i have to watch and filter thru sooo much shit. but when u find a great one u remember why u love the medium.
Old 2007-07-07, 07:11   Link #1124
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 14 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-07, 08:46   Link #1125
tresor

Spoiler for "ep 14 ~":

"this show is the mood. the mood. every frame, every scene"
"shuffle ur top 10"
"New Type" scans remind me of the "New" Style that was pushed in Cowboy Bebop.
Yin's journey to her past like Faye Valentine's journey to her past. That Hei mask, I spent about a month in Venice, but I took a subsequent trip to Venice with a Greek man who thought the Venetian occupation of Greece was the cruelest. Black Death of Venice?

A great sub thread or topic would be to list all of the questions by episode that are still unanswered.
Old 2007-07-07, 09:35   Link #1126
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresor View Post
Spoiler for "ep 14 ~":
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-07, 10:47   Link #1127
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I thought the DST(Direction de la surveillance du territoire) was mentioned as well? My mistake I guess.
Old 2007-07-07, 11:42   Link #1128
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For me, 14 may be the most enjoyable ep so far. The emotional content seemed somehow deeper, or at least affected me more.
Spoiler for ep14:
And I hadn't really fixed in my mind that Hei is played by Kiuchi Hidenobu, who was Ren in NANA. Good job by lots of the actors, including Fukuen Misato as Yin.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-07, 13:37   Link #1129
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For me, 14 may be the most enjoyable ep so far. The emotional content seemed somehow deeper, or at least affected me more.
Spoiler for ep14:
And I hadn't really fixed in my mind that Hei is played by Kiuchi Hidenobu, who was Ren in NANA. Good job by lots of the actors, including Fukuen Misato as Yin.
Loved all the scenes with piano music. Fits Yin.
Old 2007-07-07, 17:55   Link #1130
ItachiGT
Banned

What a beautiful episode!

Just wonderful...........my heart is still crying after having watched this!
Old 2007-07-08, 02:43   Link #1131
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
So who else watched the Live Earth concerts, where abingdon boys school performed HOWLING (and INNOCENT SORROW from D.Gray-man) in Tokyo? It made my day, that's for sure.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2007-07-08, 02:57   Link #1132
kauldron26
Med Student

as if i couldnt give enough praise to this show.... ep 14 was just.... just... ~sigh~ loss for words... maybe im the only one thats fallen hard for darker.
Old 2007-07-08, 05:34   Link #1133
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I agree episode 14 is the best so far. But I've got a feeling ep 15 and 16 will surpass it.

Spoiler for Ep 14:
Old 2007-07-08, 12:28   Link #1134
gunpla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
So who else watched the Live Earth concerts, where abingdon boys school performed HOWLING (and INNOCENT SORROW from D.Gray-man) in Tokyo? It made my day, that's for sure.
yep saw it, they played Howling first then something from their new single.

about the next episode, its gonna be awesome seeing amber! does anyone know who her seiyu is gonna be? it better not be yukana ( C.C from code geass) cause that would be wierd
Old 2007-07-08, 19:49   Link #1135
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
This one looks very surreal and yes its come out so good it can be confused as a Screen Capture than cosplay . Hei kind of looks like Mustang from FMA

Roy Mustang (FMA)
that's what I always think, ever since seeing the first episode
Old 2007-07-09, 08:34   Link #1136
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
do you think we will see the new opening in episode 15???
Old 2007-07-09, 09:09   Link #1137
hipeach

So Huang is actually a nice guy with a bad-guy appearance! He even prevented the Organization from resetting Yin. However I think his kindness will most likely cost him his life in the future...
Old 2007-07-09, 09:22   Link #1138
LKK

I have a question about episodes 13 & 14.
Spoiler:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2007-07-09, 10:37   Link #1139
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Spoiler for for epi 13:
Old 2007-07-09, 18:01   Link #1140
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Yeah, it was easier to kill her, but the big question is.. Who is behind Hei`s group? The M6 group? (i think that Amber is with them) Why Bertha and the other guy just have de mission of know them and their powers instead of kill them?
They havent answered a lot of questions, and they have done even more...

Tags
action, supernatural