AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-04, 18:51   Link #941
steelbound
Yuki-ism

This show had been on my backlog but in the last 2 days I just watched ep.1-12 and am loving it. I just had to make a few avatars from ep.8 of the stick-figure fighting. I didn't see anyone else make them but if I missed them I apoligize.

These are free if anyone wants to use them:

Old 2007-07-04, 23:13   Link #942
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Nice stick figures steel.

Ah and yes words cannot express how downright cool san looks in that outfit of hers with the sword...I feel sorry for any woman that tries to lay a hand on nagasumi from here on out hah. Can't wait to see where the insanity that is this show leads to next...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 14:39   Link #943
gordok

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordok View Post
I'm currently writing up my comments on the appearances of Ms. Halko Momoi (the seiyuu for San) from the recent Anime Expo. It's three pages long, and makes only passing references to the problems she ran into there. [Other blogs can cover those gory details.]

Question is: Shall I post the whole thing here, or just the 2-3 paragraphs of stuff directly related to Seto no Hanayome?
Well--it looks like this problem is solved. . .the folks over at Anime News Network have posted their coverage of the focus panel. For those who want to read about the panel in its entirety:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/conv...oi-focus-panel

I'll only add my supplimental comments here:

As Ms. Momoi took her seat at the front table, she noticed a large pitcher of ice water in front of her. She carefully picked it up with both hands and moved it to the side, asking someone else to take care of it. . . .

Now, the real reason she did so was so that she could see her audience better. I doubt the water would have presented any risk to Ms. Momoi’s life or limb(s), as opposed to her SnH alter ego.

Nevertheless, I could not help but happily imagine the little bit of San within her was urging due caution.

The lineup of people who wanted to ask her questions never got shorter than 20, and a number of those were. . .shall we say. . .fanboys. Not a surprise, and nothing necessarily wrong with that. . .but a bit annoying when they each spent three minutes of Q&A time on the audience mike before asking their questions.

Admiration is fine; Ms. Momoi seemed fine with it; but, as a lady sitting next to me commented, the surprise was that none of the fanboys proposed marriage. [A couple of them did ask her for a job!]
-----

The next day, Ms. Momoi’s concert did happen. She wore a half-length kimono that almost looked like a patchwork of vibrant red, yellow and white colors. With this was a puffy skirt and body-bow that was colored a vibrant slightly-yellowish green.

She enthusiastically belted out eight songs (including the opening for Seto no Hanayome), took a break while a guitarist played two songs, then resumed with five or six songs (including the encore).

Ms. Momoi would play to different parts of the audience, change her hand-waves, etc. From time to time, she would throw out signature souvineers (e.g., a couple of glow sticks, her “power glove”, and some red balls that did have her signature on them.)

My complements to the people who brought the extra glow sticks for the audience. The large arena space made the 500 fans looks small in comparison, but the glow sticks helped the audience look larger than it was.
gordok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 01:24   Link #944
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Shop warning !

Spoiler for a bit NSFW:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 15:44   Link #945
kazuma101
Here comes the Pain!

Episode 14 Raw is out by moyism, is 607mb Dam!!!!!!!!!
kazuma101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 16:00   Link #946
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Alright, finished Ep14 on nico.

one thing to say : this episode can be potentially hazardous and dangerous, if it hit your sense of humor, your stomach and lungs are doomed. (not as much as ep 10 and 12, still extremely crazy)

It should be better to watch it without spoiler, but it doesn't disturb too much (i think). summary in spoilers. (the critical "bomb" is also in spoiler, double layed )
This episode isn't really Dialogue heavy, but of course, i'm not proficient with japanese at all, so some points might be simply out of the whack.

Spoiler for summary of episode 14:

Much like EP12, episode 14 is extremely slow at the start. then, at the 2 third of the episode, things get simply crazy and delightful. (much earler than the "bomb" of ep12)
unfortunately, i don't have any screencaps for the moment, gotta add them when i grab a good Raw. (the one available is 600M... thanks, but no thanks...)

as a side note : The OP sequence is slightly different. 3 characters, but you will understand.
OTOH, the ED is completely different (song and sequence), sung by San's Seiyuu, and it is quite dynamic ^^

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-07-08 at 20:25.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 23:51   Link #947
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

From your summary, I finally remembered where this was in the manga. Well, I all needed to read was the people's reaction to the cat.

Once I finish downloading that 600mb+ monster of a file, I'll be back with my summary...... (scary, 600...)

Never mind... I wrote the summary, but I was logged off because of inactivity and lost the summary. Just look above..............

Spoiler for New opening and ending opinions:

But for the preview:

Spoiler for Episode 14's episode 15 preview:

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2007-07-09 at 01:17.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 01:28   Link #948
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 04:45   Link #949
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 14 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 08:08   Link #950
pomps
グ~…

The new ED is very good, the chibi figures on kaitenzushi dishes are really funny.
pomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 09:35   Link #951
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i agree...and in the end the winner has to be Ren throwing pots at gozo

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 13:44   Link #952
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Old 2007-07-09, 22:52   Link #953
TigerII
Pilot in Training

It is about damn time Nagasumi has a way to fight the sea creatures. Besides four of them(Three and a secret Luna), everyone else hates him and wants to kill him. Now he has a powerful ally! Just think of what would happen if he got a hold of a bigger cat like a Lion or Tiger, ownage..ha.

I wonder if by the end of the story, anime or manga(Probably manga), if more of the sea creatures would like him.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 23:01   Link #954
kazuma101
Here comes the Pain!

Is [Your-Mom] affiliated with Ayako? just wondering because Ayako mention something about them releasing episode 13, anyway [Your-Mom] released episode 14 already.
kazuma101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 01:46   Link #955
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

you could say yourmom was where ayako orginated from... There was a period where yourmom was disbanded and ayako rose from the ashes... Then for some reason (not quite sure of the details myself) yourmom came back again while ayako has become quite established themselves
Old 2007-07-10, 02:26   Link #956
Jaruromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuma101
Is [Your-Mom] affiliated with Ayako? just wondering because Ayako mention something about them releasing episode 13, anyway [Your-Mom] released episode 14 already.
I believe only two members of Your-mom left and formed/joined Ayako (I think formed). The rest of the Your-mom members did nothing for a while but then all of a sudden started subbing again (with a few new members, I think). AFAIK they're fully seperate groups now but are on pretty good terms with each other.

Anyway...SnH Episode 14...

Spoiler:
Jaruromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 02:58   Link #957
NightFalcon

Hmm...

I believe only two members of Your-mom left and formed/joined Ayako (I think formed).

Yes, and no. Your-mom never had a huge team count. 2 members was all there was back then.

Ayako was formed after more people decided to help out the two members, and the decision was made to start afresh, since it is pretty much a new group altogether.

Your-Mom was supposed to be dead and be left dead, but returned to sub Geass after a few members in Ayako decided to work on it, and that there was demands for it on another forum (Details could be found on the blog).

To date, Ayako and Your-mom are basically one team, just that one does it with a little more "quality" (basically, more checks. Nicer signs. The usual jazz), while the other is a speedsub team.
NightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 07:00   Link #958
*aya*
生田斗真、大好き!

Send a message via MSN to *aya*
I like San(燦)'s school uniform!!
So beautiful!!
I hope I can buy one>_<
I want to wear it when I go to school..||
*aya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 07:49   Link #959
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ I don't think they will create a seifuku of SnH, considering it is kinda generic compared to other "fancy one". nevertherless, they might do it, if it is popular enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
It is about damn time Nagasumi has a way to fight the sea creatures. Besides four of them(Three and a secret Luna), everyone else hates him and wants to kill him. Now he has a powerful ally! Just think of what would happen if he got a hold of a bigger cat like a Lion or Tiger, ownage..ha.
I think Nagasumi should record San's voice, or ask her Eyuu no Uta more often. His "dragon" form is impressive (and i really hope they will show it once again : Nagasumi reach the top in the scale of GAR)
Quote:
I wonder if by the end of the story, anime or manga(Probably manga), if more of the sea creatures would like him.
that would be interesting too. i think the unbalanced situation is a bit too much. But i think some of the merfolks will calm down (actually, nakajima isn't there anymore (well for the moment), Fujishiro can't do anything, and Maki appears to calm down a lot these days IMO)

hoh well, not really useful meh : Summary of Ep14 with screencaps

i'm still really wondering how Ono Daisuke can be so crazy here, while he has done "KOOL" characters, such like Yukito from air, or the curren Kazuma from Kaze no Stigma
Old 2007-07-10, 09:53   Link #960
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I know they have calmed down, but I mean actually like him. As of now he has three and one secret. San, Ren, Masa, and secretely Luna. His allies are thin. He NEEDS that cat, lol.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic, comedy, fantasy, gonzo, romance, shounen