damnit,

Spoiler:

So yeah, 283 was great too!
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 21:56   Link #324
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:54.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 02:05   Link #325
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san View Post
So why will it take them so long to release chapter 284? April 6th I heard... :s
It's Miura. He's known for taking long periods of breaks once in a while. That's why sometimes Berserk chapters aren't released at their regular dates....because Miura is either resting from drawing fatique, or taking his time drawing slowly, or doing research for his manga.

It's irritating at times, especially more recently where Miura's break periods are starting to be more apparent in the past 2 years, but considering that a lot of Berserk is done by his truly alone with little to no assistance from assistants, it probably puts him in a lot of stress. So long as he doesn't die before completing Berserk, I'm more than content for the fact that he's even granting us readers a great story.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 02:30   Link #326
hipeach

I think he deserves some rests for drawing such great (greatest?) manga.
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 10:51   Link #327
shaselai

Well at least he isnt take breaks like the mangaka for Guyver... oh man that guy is freaking slow... plus that manga is on a MONTHLY magazine too so a break from that guy is like Miura taking 3-4 issues (bi weekly) break. I really hope that guy doesnt die before Guyver is done....

I think Miura should really get some assistants to help him out... i mean doesnt he get paid per chapter?
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 23:09   Link #328
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Miura better explain himself regarding this.....

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 01:55   Link #329
gencbiba

That's a very interesting drawing... Maybe that's his son? He doesn't look as cool as Guts though.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 04:00   Link #330
IMSabbel

Calm down.
Its a perfectly obvious shop.
Biggest hint should be that ichiro got gambinos head transplanted. All the other characters are also modified crops.
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 17:23   Link #331
darkdarkasian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
That's a very interesting drawing... Maybe that's his son? He doesn't look as cool as Guts though.
It's not his son. Its that little boy that was with Guts, forgot his name. He wields the fire dagger. And I hope it's photoshoped I'll be damned if it wasnt.
darkdarkasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 23:57   Link #332
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

Berserk

So i was at the local Border's today, and saw several volumes of Berserk. I only seen the anime, so i decided ah what the hell, and picked up volumes 1 and 2. Now ill have some good reading material for my 2 and a half hour plane ride to florida next week.

Anyways, anyone else read it? I hear it is a lot better than the anime (seeing as how the anime only covers The Golden Years arc).
pingu^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 01:56   Link #333
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I just got my order of Berserk manga (English version) in the mail.
Volume 1-17

got a lot of reading to do
looking forward to it

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 17:04   Link #334
gencbiba

Let's just say, Berserk manga is so good, I caught up with the writer in 1 day...

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2007-07-11, 18:16   Link #335
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I am glad the story moved from Griffith's group back to Guts's group. The time is short to catch up with Griffith, as he will soon beat the most powerful one who opposes him. After that, it will only be Guts and his group, who can stop Griffith. So, they need to receive some reinforcements from the elf land, as soon as possible in addition to curing the biggest problem Guts has. Who knows, maybe he can get another or a few other helping hand there.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 20:02   Link #336
ZeroGT00

I just finished watching the anime and decided that I need to know more. Just from looking at some threads from the anime section, the manga is alot better and won't dissapoint me. One question I have though, is the Dark Horse's version of it changed to fit the american market? or is it still the same as the original, just in english? Sorry I haven't had time to read anything but the last page of this thread or any others relating to this, but I need to pay for this somehow.

Thanks in advanced for any feed back, I might add more in 12 hours when I have more time.
ZeroGT00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 12:32   Link #337
GutZ

Berserk is my favorite series. How far are most of you people? are you caught up? I don't want to spoil anything.
GutZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 16:58   Link #338
gencbiba

I'm caught up. You can just put spoiler tags on or something. I doubt anybody that is stuck behind would read this topic since the manga is so good most of 'em are done already anyways.

Old 2007-08-08, 13:35   Link #339
shaselai

I am caught up too... Guts can have a harem if he really wanted Anyway, i really dont like caska anymore... sure she lost her memory but now she's acting just retarded... I mean she really hasn't shown any "improvements" at all... she should show some by now... maybe speak better or something... Anyway, it would be very interesting to see the home of the fairies invaded by griffith - i don't think there's any doubt that it won't be another big battle coming up. Either the fairy island already wiped out or something horrible happens...
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 18:25   Link #340
philmein

My gosh, is there a limit to this manga?
I only watched the anime, and was totally disappointed with the ending..

Any information on what the total volumes will be for this manga? It's up to 31 now, so I hear.
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, seinen