AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-04, 16:44   Link #261
Selo
Lost Cause

Hey everyone, I found this thread, so now I'm going to invade it with my fangirling ^^;

I just downloaded and read the first 19 chapters of this manga. I had heard that it was good, and I'm a sucker for anything Mohiro Kitoh has ever done, so I didn't hesitate to yank it and start reading.

Now, almost at the end of Chizuru's plot, I can say this: wow. This is great. I knew it would be, but I didn't really know what it would be like. It doesn't have as dark a mood as Kitoh's other work, but some of the kids' stories are so tragic.

With so many characters, it's really hard to remember all their names and faces put together, but...
Spoiler:

I've always loved Kitoh's art, too, and it's top-notch here. Zearth's design is very cool, and the kids look great. And Dung Beetle is adorably evil - reminds me a lot of all those weird creatures from Narutaru. I got bits and pieces of his past series' from a lot of this manga, and it all works.

This seems like such a small detail compared to the huge aliens and robots plot going on, but I love the way each kid has their own individual chair. That's just so cool. It gives personality to something simple and common, and it gives glimpses of the lives and inner minds of the kids in a unique way.

Spoiler:

So, there are my thoughts for now... I'm going to run off and read chapter 20!
Old 2007-07-05, 21:09   Link #262
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Wonderful for jumping on the wagon! Bokurano certainly deserves more love. [love your icon, even though those last few scenes of Narutaru messed me up good...]

PS: My Bokurano volume 1 came today! All the Kanji w/ no furigana is hurting me in more ways than ever imaginable, but I squeee'ed like I'd never squee'ed before. Hooray!
Old 2007-07-07, 22:18   Link #263
Diedrupo

I've been working on a Bokurano fansite.

This is what I have so far: http://www.gaban.com/bokurano/characters.aspx

Just an image of Zearth's lights which pops up each kid when you highlight a light. Links to a character bio page as well.

Only problem is that I had to guess on some of the lights:

- Kodama / Daichi, can't tell which light is which, so I guessed
- Nakama / Kako, see above
- Chizu / Chizu's Baby, ehh doesn't matter which light is which I guess
- Moji/Maki/Kirie - The manga doesn't show the lights for any of these so I had to guess
- Kanji / Machi - Made the logical guess of Machi being the light at the bottom.

Last edited by Diedrupo; 2007-07-07 at 23:40.
Old 2007-07-10, 02:57   Link #264
led

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
I've been working on a Bokurano fansite.

This is what I have so far: http://www.gaban.com/bokurano/characters.aspx

Just an image of Zearth's lights which pops up each kid when you highlight a light. Links to a character bio page as well.

Only problem is that I had to guess on some of the lights:

- Kodama / Daichi, can't tell which light is which, so I guessed
- Nakama / Kako, see above
- Chizu / Chizu's Baby, ehh doesn't matter which light is which I guess
- Moji/Maki/Kirie - The manga doesn't show the lights for any of these so I had to guess
- Kanji / Machi - Made the logical guess of Machi being the light at the bottom.
Its a nice idea but I think that for those who didnt read the whole manga yet this character list would be a spoiler.
Old 2007-07-10, 09:24   Link #265
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by led View Post
Its a nice idea but I think that for those who didnt read the whole manga yet this character list would be a spoiler.
Yep, well, it's kind of assumed you've read the whole thing (to date) if you're going into this thread...
Old 2007-07-10, 16:29   Link #266
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Even so, its a good idea... but not the best to start off with... and what about those who are/supposedly not part of the contract? What if Jun was lying to Kanji so he wouldn't have to worry? (oi, it's possible.) Or if Kana or Tanaka or something else happens... and the anime progression, too, in mind...

Good idea, but may not be the best. Props to Bokurano fansite!
Old 2007-07-10, 18:39   Link #267
Diedrupo

I'll probably have a non-spoilers section on the front page at some point. I haven't had time to work on the rest of the page.
Old 2007-07-11, 00:53   Link #268
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Spoiler for "I have been thinking about this for a long time and I just can't seem to find any other answer to it at all. You all know from the manga that scene where:

sorry, sorry if it doesn't make much sense.... but I have been thinking about that alot trying to come up with different answers for it but I just can't find any other answers to it.
Old 2007-07-11, 13:33   Link #269
Ronny

Considering that the anime's director wants to save the children, that might not come into play.

Also, as it's a recent chapter, the anime may have simply changed the non-contracted character.
Old 2007-07-11, 14:57   Link #270
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
Considering that the anime's director wants to save the children, that might not come into play.

Also, as it's a recent chapter, the anime may have simply changed the non-contracted character.
man, the anime's director is such an asshole. way to ruin the series like that.

classic Gonzo (even though I know he's not actually a member of Gonzo, this sort of plot fuckup is exactly what Gonzo is known for).
Old 2007-07-11, 15:32   Link #271
Iriliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuniiChan View Post
Spoiler for "I have been thinking about this for a long time and I just can't seem to find any other answer to it at all. You all know from the manga that scene where:

sorry, sorry if it doesn't make much sense.... but I have been thinking about that alot trying to come up with different answers for it but I just can't find any other answers to it.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-11, 18:33   Link #272
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny View Post

Again, Deus ex Machina -- the children awake from the game and all is well. BLEARGH. X3
Old 2007-07-11, 18:39   Link #273
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

As I wrote in the anime thread Kitoh-san should add in the manga bokuverse annihilating the gonzo bokuverse before he completes the series...
Old 2007-07-16, 20:41   Link #274
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

I got an email with the Bokurano~alternative~ volume 2 cover, on amazon japan.. Just thought I'd share (VERY TINY!) to be useful for once...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4...272_pe_snp_206
Old 2007-07-16, 22:37   Link #275
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Is that Kanji, Kirie and Chizu? I like it alot!
Old 2007-07-17, 09:02   Link #276
Lion and the sky
Doing Japanese at uni :D

haha, i got that email too ! Makes me want to buy it...! I know they do this with other series do you think the novel and the manga may cross at some point? (maybe a last battle or somthing?)
Old 2007-07-17, 12:39   Link #277
Diedrupo

alternative 2 is out? time to order!
Old 2007-07-17, 13:28   Link #278
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Soooo... has anyone did a bit of a synopsis for alternative yet? Because we know that its a new group of kids/an alternate reality, but what are the differences? I'm curious. Is Chizu still, ahem, with her teacher? Is Isao still a little prick/coward? And what's with the loli gal, Maya (is that her name? Mayako?)? There seems to be some mystery around her... are these children at all like their counterparts? Will they do battle with each other? Who will defeat the Gonzo Bokuverse?! Mysterious, mysterious.....
Old 2007-07-17, 15:53   Link #279
Iriliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruzen View Post
Soooo... has anyone did a bit of a synopsis for alternative yet? Because we know that its a new group of kids/an alternate reality, but what are the differences? I'm curious. Is Chizu still, ahem, with her teacher? Is Isao still a little prick/coward? And what's with the loli gal, Maya (is that her name? Mayako?)? There seems to be some mystery around her... are these children at all like their counterparts? Will they do battle with each other? Who will defeat the Gonzo Bokuverse?! Mysterious, mysterious.....
I've only read bits and pieces due to my less than sufficient Japanese skills but here's a couple details.

Spoiler:

I'll probably post an actual summary once I get arround to actually reading it fully.
Old 2007-07-17, 19:49   Link #280
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriliane View Post
I've only read bits and pieces due to my less than sufficient Japanese skills but here's a couple details.

Spoiler:

I'll probably post an actual summary once I get arround to actually reading it fully.
Spoiler for Wow.... :
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen