AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-14, 10:50   Link #661
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bokurano. Friends

Out of all the stories so far Mako's earned happy ending, or Mako came to realize that she was blessed with the lightest shade of gray in her life; the world would never be black and white to my understanding.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 16:39   Link #662
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Rewatching episode 10 reminds me how happy i was that all of Mako's adorable facial expressions were kept in the anime.
Old 2007-07-14, 20:09   Link #663
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 10

The problem with this show is that the bad kids are the most interesting. In all honesty, the last two eps, where good kids have died, have been rather bland.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 04:02   Link #664
Diedrupo

Nakama's story wasn't really done justice by the anime. I criticized ep 10 earlier and I'll criticize it again. It's like the anime producers simply did not understand her story and just threw in random bullshit to pad ep 10 (the whole bar scene) rather than attempt to recreate her story (it doesn't even have to be faithful to the manga, as Daichi and the kid in the ep 11's stories illustrate).

The first half of the episode was pretty good, i'll admit. It all went downhill after that (especially in the end when Nakama has some kind of epiphany. That crap wasn't how her character was supposed to develop).

The Bokurano anime has its ups and downs and ep 10 was definately one of the downs.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 12:05   Link #665
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 15 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 12:53   Link #666
Diedrupo

sounds like

Spoiler:

I will watch when I get home but I am expecting some grade A gonzofuckery based on that description.
Old 2007-07-18, 14:30   Link #667
Lion and the sky
Doing Japanese at uni :D

Hey! Maybe thers isnt really a reason for this, but why is the anime showing the character battles in such a random order? (well, mako at least...?)
Lion and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 15:41   Link #668
Diedrupo

haha wow, watching ep 15 now

Spoiler:

Separate spoiler for the shittiest moment in the Bokurano anime ever

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-18, 15:58   Link #669
Iriliane

Watching this episode... I've just lost all faith in the anime team. They've broken the rules of the game three times now.

Manga spoilers including a vague spoiler about Komoda's arc... not that it'll happen in the anime...:
Spoiler:

Admitadly the anime hasn't really put forward the rules of the game and the nature of Zearth as much as the manga does so it within itself may not have violated the rules existing in the anime universe if there even are any but still...

Also, WHY must they keep botching the development of all the good characters. Hopefully Kirie will at least get to go through some of his manga development before the end of the arc.

EDIT: Also, before anyone start's thinking I'm having a knee-jerk reaction just because it's different from the manga... watch the episode and try to explain why the enemy robot does what it does. Also, for an example of changes to the original done right (at least for now) try reading Bokurano alternative.
Iriliane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 17:31   Link #670
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriliane View Post
Watching this episode... I've just lost all faith in the anime team. They've broken the rules of the game three times now.

Manga spoilers including a vague spoiler about Komoda's arc... not that it'll happen in the anime...:
Spoiler:

Admitadly the anime hasn't really put forward the rules of the game and the nature of Zearth as much as the manga does so it within itself may not have violated the rules existing in the anime universe if there even are any but still...
There you go. The rules have not been elaborated on in the anime as much as the manga and you are applying the specific rules in the manga to say that in the anime they have broken the rules of the manga. But did it break the rules as known in the anime? So far, it hasn't. Now, let's recap rationally and logically instead of with a jaundiced eye.

Based on what has been shown in the anime, the rules and consequences are:
Spoiler for Rules in the anime known so far, its finer points and implications:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriliane View Post
EDIT: Also, before anyone start's thinking I'm having a knee-jerk reaction just because it's different from the manga... watch the episode and try to explain why the enemy robot does what it does. Also, for an example of changes to the original done right (at least for now) try reading Bokurano alternative.
Responded as per above in the spoiler. The changed order and some changes made in their earlier stories may have been on purpose with the director's intention to try and save some of the children. So far, no anime-known rules have been broken and no magic used so far. He is keeping to the mangaka's directive.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 17:40   Link #671
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
There you go. The rules have not been elaborated on in the anime as much as the manga and you are applying the specific rules in the manga to say that in the anime they have broken the rules of the manga. But did it break the rules as known in the anime? So far, it hasn't. Now, let's recap rationally and logically instead of with a jaundiced eye.

Based on what has been shown in the anime, the rules and consequences are:
Actually in ep 13 of the anime Dungbeetle explains the real way each match is ended.
Spoiler:

If this is the case for Kirie I'll be disappointed as it essentially cheapens his character. I always thought his story was fairly poignant.
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 17:57   Link #672
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru View Post
Actually in ep 13 of the anime Dungbeetle explains the real way each match is ended.
Spoiler:
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru View Post
If this is the case for Kirie I'll be disappointed as it essentially cheapens his character. I always thought his story was fairly poignant.
However, Kirie is still the active pilot as he still has the mark as we can see from the preview of the next episode. His story is not done yet.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 18:51   Link #673
Iriliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Okay, I'll explain this one. As you've said it probably doesn't apply to the anime but...

Spoiler for For Kako, Chizu, Kirie, Moji and Komoda's arcs in the manga:
Old 2007-07-18, 18:54   Link #674
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Separate spoiler for the shittiest moment in the Bokurano anime ever

Spoiler:
I'm sure you already knew how long i've been waiting for Kirie's story....

So yeah, they changed it all.

Spoiler for manga:

I'll see what happens with the next episode, but seriously.. wth Gonzo --- it finally happened.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-07-18 at 19:06. Reason: adding more
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 18:58   Link #675
stpehen
kisses for all

Ouch... episode 15 was like a kick in the nuts. And I thought this series would actually look nicer than Narutaru!
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 19:21   Link #676
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
I couldn't agree with stpehen more. What a disaster.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 19:30   Link #677
Iriliane

What I had been hoping for in the beggining would be that they'd handle the animation Evangelion-style with awesome battle scenes but limited animation elsewhere. I was actually kinda pissed off when I found out they were using CG for the mechs because CG mechs = 0% chance of the series ever showing up in SRW (and Zearth as portrated in the manga make an absolutely awesome unit.). I wouldn't mind so much if the CG battles actually looked good but they don't. They're oversimplified and I've ranted about this several times already so I'll stop. For now...

Anyways, in terms of Kirie's arc they can still salvage it if they handle the next episode right.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Iriliane; 2007-07-25 at 00:40.
Old 2007-07-18, 19:41   Link #678
Diedrupo

speculation post ep15
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-25, 10:15   Link #679
Diedrupo

ep 15.5 was a stupid recap episode. I hate those.
Old 2007-07-25, 10:38   Link #680
Iriliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
ep 15.5 was a stupid recap episode. I hate those.
Well that sucks... but hopefully they'll spend some of the money they'll have saved this week on actually half-decent animation for next week's episode.

It's kind of interesting though how the industry seems to have taken to giving the recap episodes 0.5 numbers. It's as though they've finally stopped trying to convince themselves that recaps are real content.

Tags
drama, mecha