AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-17, 21:55   Link #281
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Wow, its strange how such tiny differences (like new character action or what) can be so shocking... I like how Waku is around more, yes, and that Kako seems to still be the usual Kako... but (forgive this) DAMN!

and that Maaya girl... anyone thinking she's this universe's Machi? Oooh... curiouser and curiouser...
Old 2007-07-17, 23:02   Link #282
Diedrupo

I know a lot of people on 2ch keep speculating that Machi has something to do with Kokopelli and the game, but I really don't understand it. She's as clueless as everyone else IMO.

Maaya did replace Machi, but Maaya isn't part of the class or anything. She pretty much came from out of nowhere.

It should be reiterated that the light novel is not written by Kitoh, so it's just the imagination of someone doing their own bokuverse.
Old 2007-07-19, 02:47   Link #283
Iriliane

I was re-reading some of the earlier chapters and something occured to me. The person Kana is most likely having Tanaka search for is her and Ushiro's father. Check chapter 21. Kana asks Tanaka for help finding her missing person directly after it's revealed that though both their mothers are dead Kanji and Ushiro both have dads that you "couldn't kill if you tried". We haven't seen any sign of Ushiro's father anywhere (this is probably a moot point since we haven't seen Kanji's father or Machi's brother either) so it's quite possible that he's abandoned Kana and Ushiro.

I'll also take this chance to point out that of all the children Moji is the one who changes outfits the least (with the exception of Waku for obvious reasons). He wears the same purple button up shirt every time you see him up until the beginning of his arc at which point he changes to an identical white button-up shirt and finally his combat uniform. Every other child has a different outfit in each scene. Even Waku changes between Kokopeli's battle and his own. Not that this has any bearing on anything but it's just something I noticed.

Also, for anyone who cares, Amazon Japan now has Bokurano Alternative volume 2 in stock.
Old 2007-07-19, 11:59   Link #284
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

That's some good speculation there! It does make you wonder where the Ushiro father is... don't the Ushiro kids know what their father does (he's a teacher) and, therefore, know he's at least around? It makes for good mystery, and I think your abandonment issue is certainly valid.
Personally, I'm still thinking their mom will show up somewhere, and NOT be the one from the Gonzo bokuverse.

As for Machi, it makes for good speculation, too. She hasn't really had *any* characterization, other than leading the kids to the cave in the first place, making Chizu fight... I may just be ignorant, but she's suspicious to me. The standing in the wreckage in the anime's opening, Kanji's warning, "watch out for Machi..." I don't know, only time will tell.

Speaking of which (my horrible ignorance), what schedule does Ikki come out (with our lovely Bokurano)? Monthly? Bi-weekly?

[another thing I thought of, since Zearth moves with the power of life/pilot's life-force, couldn't the pilot not exert themselves or what and find a way around the dying issue?]

Curiouser and curiouser.
Old 2007-07-19, 12:38   Link #285
Iriliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruzen View Post
As for Machi, it makes for good speculation, too. She hasn't really had *any* characterization, other than leading the kids to the cave in the first place, making Chizu fight... I may just be ignorant, but she's suspicious to me. The standing in the wreckage in the anime's opening, Kanji's warning, "watch out for Machi..." I don't know, only time will tell.
Machi has had some details about her revealed. We know that she has a brother who she obviously dislikes because when Ushiro tries to offer Kana as a potential pilot after Kako's death she says "You're just like my brother...". She's also the only one to object when Chizu kills Kako. It is true however that despite being arround for so long she's gotten the least development of any character. Though I can't see her being involved with Koemushi given he did nothing to stop her from dying in Anko's arc. Speaking of which she also flipped out on Anko's father when he decided to keep filming.

Quote:
Speaking of which (my horrible ignorance), what schedule does Ikki come out (with our lovely Bokurano)? Monthly? Bi-weekly?
Bokurano is released monthly I beleive.

Quote:
[another thing I thought of, since Zearth moves with the power of life/pilot's life-force, couldn't the pilot not exert themselves or what and find a way around the dying issue?]
This was brought up in Kako's arc but the only answer Koemushi gives when asked if Kako would survive is: "The answer to that, is obvious...". My personal opinion is that even if they don't move Zearth still consumes their life energy. Consider it like a car. If you turn it on but go nowhere you're still burning gas. Also, the odds of anyone not moving Zearth at all aren't very good. You can't expect the enemy robot to go and commit suicide for no reason like in the anime and as shown so far the military stands no chance of beating the enemy robots..
Old 2007-07-19, 12:45   Link #286
Diedrupo

I actually really like the fact that Machi has gotten next to no development. Makes her character more intriguing.

She and Kanji both never really stood out among the kids, though Kanji started becoming more of a leader once Moji died.
Old 2007-07-19, 13:12   Link #287
Lion and the sky
Doing Japanese at uni :D

yes, IKKI is released on the 24/25th of each month . Hmm...(here goes my ignorance) - who is the girl in the chair here? she dosnt look like any of the characters (but that may just be me)...! (is she from the novel?)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%9C%88%E5...4868447&sr=1-3

I love machi - shes my best character, I really hope shes not evil but shes definatly a bit of a mystery...!
Old 2007-07-19, 13:22   Link #288
Iriliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion and the sky View Post
yes, IKKI is released on the 24/25th of each month . Hmm...(here goes my ignorance) - who is the girl in the chair here? she dosnt look like any of the characters (but that may just be me)...! (is she from the novel?)

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%9C%88%E5...4868447&sr=1-3
The girl in the chair is the the pilot of the enemy robot in Kirie's arc. The one who shows him the scars on her wrists.
Old 2007-07-19, 13:35   Link #289
Lion and the sky

oh right! thakyou!!! *love!♥* that would make sense, I only have vol 2 and 3 of the manga and have relied on mangascreener for the rest!
Old 2007-07-19, 23:59   Link #290
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Thank you so much for clearing up my confusion! It makes the wait for Bokurano a little more bearable, but at the same time much more "AAAARGGHHHGGHHHRAAH!" I'm loving to see where the story goes. And I do love my Kanji; he's just so cool.
Old 2007-07-20, 12:40   Link #291
Diedrupo

44 has been out for a while but nobody ever posts raws
Old 2007-07-20, 13:20   Link #292
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Even if it *is* just a "filler" chapter (just lotsa fighting), it's Kanji... Kanji! Oh well, at least the next one isn't so far away, so maybe we'll get a double-feature, chapter 44 and 45 at the same time? Ooooh...
Old 2007-07-20, 16:52   Link #293
Diedrupo

You've seen 44? I wanna see...
I heard that 44 contains some of Kanji's background info (something we didn't get in 43), so it's not that much of a filler chapter.
Old 2007-07-20, 17:53   Link #294
Iriliane

So far there's only been one chapter that could be fairly considdered to be a filler chapter and that's the final chapter of Chizu's arc. It does however show us some of Chizu's personality prior to the incident with her teacher so it wasn't a complete waste. Besides it was one of my favourite chapters so far.
Old 2007-07-20, 21:40   Link #295
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

I don't know... that's just what I figured. But if it's Kanji's background (I was saddened by the fact that his first chapter didn't have it...), this is where I go "hellsyeah...!"

As for fillers, I don't know -- its those chapters that don't really do anything, maybe at the end. Kind of like Anko's second-to-last chapter.

Still waitin' and hoping and all oooh yeah!
Old 2007-07-21, 05:46   Link #296
Lion and the sky

I was thinking I'm going to order some stuff from amazon.jp next month sometime that I may get an issue if Ikki, but do you think its one of those massive doorstep comics (would that make it really expensive to post?) if so i may get the second novel book - would be intresting to see what its like! The postage is so expensive from there... boo!
Old 2007-07-21, 06:31   Link #297
Iriliane

Quote:
I was thinking I'm going to order some stuff from amazon.jp next month sometime that I may get an issue if Ikki, but do you think its one of those massive doorstep comics (would that make it really expensive to post?) if so i may get the second novel book - would be intresting to see what its like! The postage is so expensive from there... boo!
Amazon.co.jp doesn't really seem to stock IKKI regularly and they don't have this or next month's issue available for direct order anymore. If you're planning to make an order there though you'd probably be best to decide on about 10-15 books you actually want first otherwise the price per book just doesn't seem worth it. 2700 yen +300 per item is pretty steep but at least no matter how heavy the stuff you order is it costs the same. I know I'll be ordering volume 2 of alternative as soon as I'm not broke.
Old 2007-07-21, 11:36   Link #298
Diedrupo

Quote:
I special ordered all of the available Bokurano volumes from Sasuga. Wasn't badly priced.
Old 2007-07-21, 13:38   Link #299
Lion and the sky

oh cool thanks!!! I'll look that up ! and thats good, i thought amazon did it by weight hehehe i'll have to save for ages but yes yay!

...i hope we can find out about machi soon!!!
Old 2007-07-26, 17:08   Link #300
Diedrupo

latest Ikki should be out... hopefully summaries of chapter 45 will appear any day now.

Kitoh has really taken it up a notch with Kanji's storyline.
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen