Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-07-20, 10:19   Link #41
ghstwrld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferied View Post
How many episodes have you seen/read?

Actually, Naruto has the best character development I have ever seen in any fictional work - only problem that it's long.
If you have seen most of non-filler eps, I would like you to recommend me something with better character development...

Back to the topic:
The whole Rescue Gaara arc seemed meaningless to me. Nothing happened, and we haven't even seen him after it. Not just disappointing, it was worst arc in Naruto.
Joke post?

More than half the cast is cannon fodder. Much like Asuma, you could kill just about anybody off and there would be no real implications to the story. Which is unfortunate really because there are plenty of characters who are begging to be elaborated on (I'm still holding out for Ino ).
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 12:06   Link #42
nitteo
blah blah blah

most disappointing:

The ENDLESS AMOUNT OF THINGS Sharingan can do. Kishi seems to just make up crap to have Sasuke win his battles.
nitteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 12:31   Link #43
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
sasuke can control anything with his eyes....they will surpass itaches....
Old 2007-07-20, 17:15   Link #44
Inferied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazidoom View Post
I have to agree with him and I've seen over 90% of the episodes. As for a recommendation, may I suggest almost every other manga in existence? Even DBZ's Vegeta has more character development than most Naruto characters...
Geez, I needed recommendations. RECOMMENDATIONS, not some irony (or whatever it is).
Shit, looks like I'll just have to watch that Evangelion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezard View Post
I agree that it would be best for Naruto to face discrimination still, but thatīs not the patch the author choose. Itīs not so bad, but letīs hope Naruto lose control over the Kyube, so he ends up facing discrimination again.
Do you wan't this manga to go on until Kishimoto dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor886 View Post
Hey man if there wasn't any Gaara arc we couldn't have seen any Deidara vs Gaara or Sasori vs Chiyo and Sakura... The latter was one of the best fights I've seen in Naruto
I see, our tastes are different...
In my opinion, the fights weren't really good(for Naruto standarts, of course), there wasn't much of character development, and, I already said, nothing happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstwrld View Post
Joke post?

More than half the cast is cannon fodder. Much like Asuma, you could kill just about anybody off and there would be no real implications to the story. Which is unfortunate really because there are plenty of characters who are begging to be elaborated on (I'm still holding out for Ino ).
Not really joke post...
I think that Ino is developed well enough, she already got her flashback... Meh, she's just a loud-mouth, who's too obsessed with guys, and tries to make them like her, even if she doesn't know what they really like... And so she goes on diets and stuff... She doesn't deserve more than supporting role, she's too normal.

On topic:
Akatsuki Kunoichi. She's not even pretty... SHE LOOKS LIKE SOME F*CKING KIMIMARO CLONE WITH DYED HAIR!(sorry about caps)
Inferied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 19:14   Link #45
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Are S-Ranked criminals that have probably killed plenty of people supposed to look pretty?

Most disappointing thing is Deidara's blast doesn't kill Sasuke.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 21:39   Link #46
KyuubiRocks
What?!

I think the most disappointing thing in Naruto is the amount of power Sasuke
has gained...I mean in the time skip alone, he's gained enough power to defeat Orochimaru, beat Deidara and even suppress the power of the Kyuubi in side Naruto.. Everyone else has just fallen waste side.. am i wrong?!..
KyuubiRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 22:08   Link #47
gencbiba

Naruto has an excellent concept. The problem with the title is that the main character is too, simple... I mean, it works for Slam Dunk, but for this, I don't think so. Not to mention, the fights are TOO long. If a fight was like 1 episode long then it would be good or like 1-2 chapters. The author has been overdoing a lot of stuff.

If Naruto had a kick-ass protagonist and fights weren't so dragged out, this would be really great. Oh, and I forgot to mention the history lessons and lectures during fights. Damn it, you're not Judge Joe Brown or whatever. You're a ninja so stop trying to judge people.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 22:12   Link #48
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Naruto has an excellent concept. The problem with the title is that the main character is too, simple... I mean, it works for Slam Dunk, but for this, I don't think so. Not to mention, the fights are TOO long. If a fight was like 1 episode long then it would be good or like 1-2 chapters. The author has been overdoing a lot of stuff.

If Naruto had a kick-ass protagonist and fights weren't so dragged out, this would be really great. Oh, and I forgot to mention the history lessons and lectures during fights. Damn it, you're not Judge Joe Brown or whatever. You're a ninja so stop trying to judge people.
Yeah...the series would be called "SASUKE"...not "NARUTO"..lol
KyuubiRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 11:23   Link #49
razor886
Blood Angel

1)Sasuke's immortallity...
2)The two recent Akatsuki deaths...
3)Too much piercings and rings all over AL's face makes him look like a Naruto punk...
4)The anime is just sooooo dam slow...
razor886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 18:09   Link #50
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitteo View Post
most disappointing:

The ENDLESS AMOUNT OF THINGS Sharingan can do. Kishi seems to just make up crap to have Sasuke win his battles.
I have to side with you on this one. There should be SOME kind of limit to his power. I mean, c'mon kishimoto, give it break already. Geez....
Old 2007-07-21, 18:26   Link #51
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
I am really desapointed with Naruto's development, I mean he had 2 and a half years, yet he hasn't shown very much. He also has the Kyuubi, why doesn't he try to talk to it? to find out something more about the Uchiha clan or something? Also why does he have such a small role to play? And why does he sometimes act like a real hero and other times like a real idiot? He just doesn't understand his own potential, and he seams to not be the type that would give it all unless one of his friends is in the way, gets injured or dies. I think that he needs a little more suffering to make his stronger.
I am also very dissapointed with Sakura, in both the parts, where it is made clear that she, at least in part 1, is very selfish and that whole obsecion with Sasuke continues even in part 2, which is very annoying
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 19:11   Link #52
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, actually he HAS talked to it, for very brief moments, in the anime. Usually when he's demanding chakra, calling it "rent" in the anime. At least that's what he said in the English dubbed version.
Old 2007-07-21, 19:55   Link #53
Hir0

ok ive got to add, the last chapter definately, 363.

too many unnecessary deaths. Tobi died, he hasnt done anything! Manda died too. Gamabunta was suppose to set the score with him! Deidara dieing is inevitable, hes lived for too long, but Tobi and Manda? I also dont like the idea of AL following some1 elses orders too
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 20:03   Link #54
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hir0 View Post
ok ive got to add, the last chapter definately, 363.

Spoiler for (spoiler added by Spec_In, just in case post is ever changed. Uhhhhh....):
Don't you think that you should put that in spoilers? Nevermind, I guess it doesn't matter THAT much...
Old 2007-07-21, 20:54   Link #55
Question
Crossdresser

Sasuke didnt die in the last chapter. Unbelivably dissapointing.
Old 2007-07-22, 01:54   Link #56
DAmer
Hokage

Most dissapointing would be the way Al's char looks like in the most recent chapter he looks like naruto's older version with piercings. If he really isnt related to naruto then he should have looked different and if he is related then that is pretty dissapointing too cuz its stupid.
DAmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 09:49   Link #57
razor886
Blood Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Sasuke didnt die in the last chapter. Unbelivably dissapointing.
Yeah that stinks... And about AL I expected him to look much much cooler than a Super-Punk
razor886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 20:14   Link #58
BlackShinobi07

Revalation of the AL leader was a little disapointing. He looks a little too young to be running an orgainzation like Akatsuki and fact and hair style are very, very similar to Naruto. The peircings also dont look too attractive or original. Its almost like Kishi just through this character together without any real thought except to move the story along. I hope his peircings at least serve a purpose or are apart of his jusus. I doubt his face looks like a pin cushin for nothing.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 20:55   Link #59
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Al looks damn cool too me, and there is no way Sasuke could die by a "meaningless" charakter (sorry Deidara).
But Manda dying that way really is disappointing.
Old 2007-07-23, 22:38   Link #60
hola

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
I dont think naruto battles are That long... I mean.... they are shorts compared to DB fights

I woulnt now it I will be deapointed or not... the the most desapointing thin in this serie is if Sasuke dosnt die... I want to see sasuke die, I was so mad when deidara died instead of sasuke.. I think Deidara was a cool caracter
hola is offline   Reply With Quote