Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-19, 11:29   Link #1
marvelB

Chapter 464 discussion (spoilers)

There's a summary out! Pretty interesting info, too:

-It's revealed that Sanji knows that Absalom has bazookas hidden in the sleeves of his arms. Sanji forces Abs to reveal the weapons, and says that he has the powers of the Suke Suke (invisibility) fruit. Sanji says he knew he had that ability because when he was a kid, he read about the fruit in an encyclopedia and wished he had that power. However, since Abs is the one with the power, Sanji's dream is ruined. Abs acuses Sanji of being a pervert and attacks, but Sanji once again owns him....

-Back to Usopp vs. Perona. Usopp is chased by Kumacy, and gets cornered. Perona is floating in the air, and says for him to not underestimate her, for she's found a way to beat him....

And so Absalom's powers are revealed! Looks like those who guessed he had weapons hidden in his clothes were right after all. And the fact that he had the invisibility fruit was kinda obvious, but I rather like the fact that Sanji wanted that power (those two guys DO have a lot in common after all...). And I wonder how Perona is going to strike back against the pessimistic Usopp? I can't wait to find out!

Edit: Haha, Absalom revealed his modified body to Sanji. Not only does he have the lion's face, but he also has elephant skin and the condensed muscles of a gorilla, which almost DOES make him seem like a Zoan DF user....

Last edited by marvelB; 2007-07-19 at 13:13.
Old 2007-07-19, 21:56   Link #2
herbert

I hope Perona not to try to beat Usopp herself, just giving order to those animal zombie to kill him quickly. I am kinda tired of the greatest liar.
Old 2007-07-20, 12:52   Link #3
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I hope Perona not to try to beat Usopp herself, just giving order to those animal zombie to kill him quickly. I am kinda tired of the greatest liar.

Geez, after all of the abuse Usopp went through the previous arc, and he STILL gets no respect. Tsk, tsk...

Anyways, I checked out the chapter (which is currently of crappy quality and missing a few pages). It looks like Absalom is down for good now, since Sanji gave him a good thrashing (kinda wish Abs put up a better fight, though...). And it looks like Usopp got rid of Kumacy with fire (that expression on Usopp's face when he's laughing at Kumacy is PRICELESS XD), but I'm more interested in seeing him take out Perona. Since she can float in the air, I'd think that this would give Usopp a fairly good advantage...
Old 2007-07-20, 13:24   Link #4
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Geez, after all of the abuse Usopp went through the previous arc, and he STILL gets no respect. Tsk, tsk...
Quite often, in AnimeSuki, I'm commented to be one hate characters with weird reasoning. But this time I think I am quite sure it is reasonable to say I can't stand Captain Usopp any longer. Shall admit, Usopp deserves some respect from me for his extraordinary courage in the battle against CP9. He has shown a little sign of that growing out of his cowardness until he just proves that is a fake impression now. How can someone deserves respect when he can stand a chance in a fight because he is a purely negative-thinking coward? My idea is quite simple. He should get his ass kicked if he think negatively; He should get his ass kicked if he thinks he can pull out a win because he would lose his advantage to the Lady of Negative Ghosts.

Ok, seems I ended up again with some weird reasoning. I am such a stupid thing to live as a human being. Next time I should be born as a lazy fat pig.
Old 2007-07-20, 20:16   Link #5
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
My idea is quite simple. He should get his ass kicked if he think negatively, He should get his ass kicked if he thinks he can pull out a win because he would lose his advantage to the Lady of Negative Ghosts.
I just hope Oda has better plans for the poor guy. Seriously, but here's what I personally think, instead of an advantage, maybe those negative-ghosts would show Usopp something, like how he needs to start growing some balls and start fighting head on, thinking positive, and actually training. Instead of making those inventions or rebuilding the ship, well Franky's the shipwright now so Usopp's in no liberation do so now. So I'm somewhat thinking those Ghosts will knock the sense into his mind on what he really is fucking up on badly, ever since he joined Luffy. Confidence, courage, and of course, his lack of combat training, I just hope Zoro will play a "good" role in the training part, seeing as how he does it everyday.
Old 2007-07-21, 23:34   Link #6
Vree

Shouldn't then you wish that Luffy stops being so simple and Sanji is cured of his pervertedness etcetra as well?
Old 2007-07-22, 17:25   Link #7
Monkey D. Luffy

Hopefuly next chapter we see Ryumma vs. Zoro, Sanji and Absalom should end soon unless Absalom comes up with something else.
Old 2007-07-22, 18:04   Link #8
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Zoro vs Ryuuma will most likely be before luffy's fight, which is guaranteed to be last. It seems to be the trend now. Next will probably be chopper vs hogback, since we havent seen anything from that, and it looks like ussop's battle may play out during everyone elses, or at least until it heats up.
Old 2007-07-22, 19:48   Link #9
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Usopp is fine the way he is. His goal his to be a brave man of the sea once he accompishes that then what? The story's got a long ways to go before Usopp is consistintly a brave man, but what really matters is that he steps up to the occasion when he is needed. Besides the Strawhats have plenty of beefcakes to take on the big villians as it is now anyways.
Old 2007-07-23, 11:17   Link #10
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Usopp is fine the way he is. His goal his to be a brave man of the sea once he accompishes that then what? The story's got a long ways to go before Usopp is consistintly a brave man, but what really matters is that he steps up to the occasion when he is needed. Besides the Strawhats have plenty of beefcakes to take on the big villians as it is now anyways.

I agree. And I doubt that Usopp needs any training in his sniper abilities because he's already capable of shooting things from insane distances (like with Spandam and those Marines during EL). I'm sure that we'll see a more brave, confident Usopp when the crew is in the New World. In fact, I have a feeling that this current battle against Perona may be the start of Usopp's growth....

And about Zoro training daily, I haven't seen the guy train since the end of Alabasta. Heck, when he's NOT fighting or slicing train cars and/or chimneys in half, he's just getting drunk off his ass and catching some Z's....
Old 2007-07-24, 00:08   Link #11
chitgoks

they should wrap sanji's fight right away. it's good to see one of their crew beat the enemy right away.

it's boring always seeing the enemy as having greater confidence than the strawhat crew. it's good to see absalom getting a beatnig right away. they should stick to it that way until he's dead.
Old 2007-07-24, 01:42   Link #12
cy_ph3r
Pirate King

I love all the characters' attitude, even USOPP as he is! And so is the other members. If Oda makes a change for their usual "signature" attitude, then one piece is'nt the same anymore.
Closed Thread