AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 14.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 40.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-30, 11:11   Link #321
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
You guys are on adrenaline aint it, I had to spend hours reading one whole day worth of backlog

Allright, one-day-late summery...
As most of parts are already covered, I'll focus on where my moonspeakness could come in handy.
Spoiler for EP18 A Part:
Spoiler for EP18 B Part:
Nest episode is "Cradle", there's no more info in preview than without languages, so I'll skip.
Argh, so Regius is client after all. Sigh... I was wondering who he referred to in his anger, but I thought it was the Eihenjar laboratory personnel, not Scaglietti himself. So, he intended to use, but got used instead. Typical.

So, we still don't know WHY Quint died, or is it confirmed that she died in the Sentoukijin case?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:12   Link #322
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Thisguy

Regius Regius Regius... Well now, that's one mystery solved. He had an interesting plan too, though anyone could see how many ways it could screw up.

Another mystery being the 'Relic weapons'. Zest (I was right about him being dead) had said it all... So much for the threesome eh Erio...

Now for the prophecy to take place...

P.S - Satisfy now, Adr 00?
Old 2007-07-30, 11:13   Link #323
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
One of the numbers hit Eri owith her twin energy swords, I think that's when he broke his awrm
Making a man sized crater at the end of ep17 will do that as well

Oddly enough, Caro was virtually unscath from the ordeal. Fred must have taken the hit again

Seriously, along with Zafira, men have it really bad in this show
Old 2007-07-30, 11:17   Link #324
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Why do you think Chrono does not fight? He KNOWS he'll be hit with some super-secret one-hit-kill beam the moment he sets foot in the battlefield
Old 2007-07-30, 11:19   Link #325
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
How can you separate moral judgment of his methods from moral judgment of his goals?

His actions have had very real and negative consequences for people. Just ask Vivio, Vice, Ginga or Subaru. Merely intending to do good, without doing any actual good, is of no value.
I'd answer the question slightly differently. In making a moral judgment before his goal even came in, I'd contend that you are separating it far more than we are.

Agree entirely with your second paragraph. However, since we hadn't even heard of exactly what his "intent to do good" or even "intent to do evil" is, don't you think Final Judgment is a bit premature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
ENOUGH GUYS!This debate is getting nowhere at this point of time

why cant you just assume that he is evil like when you first saw the scene when Precia whipped Fate.

ps.something doest make sense,Garyuu sliced Erio's arm,not broke it.How the heck did he break it then?And how could he fight again with that condition?
Personally, I watched Nanoha's the original as well as A's in rapid sequence, one immediately after the other. Because of that, I was inputting faster than I could really reprocess the information, and all the conclusions were prewritten. Nanoha StrikerS I watched once a week or longer. That's one difference.

We were all probably going straight with the assumption all the way until Ep17's ending which gave us a twist. The ending specifically alerted our consciousness to the possibility of a good (or at least not evil) goal in the Doctor's actions.

Given a potential good to come out of the Doctor, the deontologists in this forum concentrated on his current actions, decided ends don't justify means, and decided to continue. It gets to the point where even the "nice" things he does gets solely a negative interpretation - smokescreen and the like. The possibility that he might genuinely have even a few virtues is lost.

The consequentialists, however, now had to consider the possibility of a Scarlietti goal that's good enough to actually more or less justify (relatively) what he's currently doing, and are now forced to withhold judgment.

I think Nanoha is different because it is so much faster-paced. We see Precia hit Fate. With no attempt to raise our consciousness into any potential benefits in Precia's actions, we see pure black. Then all of a sudden her entire goal is revealed - the pros and cons are weighed instantly (and I think maybe 5 out of 10 million people would think Precia was justified). No middle ground.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:29   Link #326
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
That's fair enough; I was just commenting on the public statements he's made and the "humanitarian" actions he's taken so far. I think it's entirely likely that all of that is just a PR smokescreen to mask his real goals, which remain unknown. Not knowing them, it's impossible to say anything much about those goals right now.
Just a thought on his little speech at the end of #17. I have always considered it as either sarcasm on TSAB, or rather, Regius' "selective righteousness" (especially in view of his possible involvement with Scaglietti), or a threat ("I chose not to hurt any lives" can also be interpreted as "I can also choose otherwise anytime... and who can stop me?". In short, "All your lives are belong to me".)

Add-on: Based on Zest's conversation with Uno, it does seems that he may be involved in the Einherjar project. Probably one of the test-subjects, I believe.

And it seems to me that whether he used his Full Drive attack or not, he doesn't seem to have much life expectancy to begin with...

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2007-07-30 at 11:50. Reason: Added the word "possible" for ambiguity :D
Old 2007-07-30, 11:30   Link #327
Thisguy
Negikamo

Oh well, I have to note that we're still yet to get the full, concrete revealation of Regius being the Client.
Although with his reaction, evidences and Hayate's speculation all leads to that one point, it's MGLN we're talking about...

Quote:
So, we still don't know WHY Quint died, or is it confirmed that she died in the Sentoukijin case?
If we're to believe Genya, he doesn't knows how she died.
Although he got an official explaination of "dead in secret mission, it's classified, you won't know anything", he, and most likely Hayate too, thinks Quint was killed because she learned something she shouldn't.

So... No, we still don't know why she died, for sure.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:37   Link #328
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Why do you think Chrono does not fight? He KNOWS he'll be hit with some super-secret one-hit-kill beam the moment he sets foot in the battlefield
Oh, come on, he didn't do that badly back in Nanoha and Nanoha A's. He might well be spared. This whole men get really shafted thing only started in StrikerS.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:40   Link #329
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Right... sounds like another unnecessary subplot.

Who knows? Maybe it'll turn out that Jail has Quint's Relic Core or something obtained from her death, and that Quint was killed by TSAB or someithng for seeing Regius's skeletons in his closet? It'd make a decent excuse if Ginga's to defect to Jail's side without the brainwash possibility crap.

Of course, if it comes to that, naturally.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:40   Link #330
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
We'we had 3 men do stuff in the first show. And YES, I belive Chrono is strong and should fight more, but they are most likely saving him for the final battle. Woudn't mind seeing Yuuno in action, cause he DOES look pretty cool when he's serios. ALso, his barriers should be among the strongest
Old 2007-07-30, 11:42   Link #331
Jimmy C

You know, I don't get how anyone can pin anything major on Hayate regarding the YnS case. She can't be held responsible for its incarnations prior to herself, her knights were gathering Linker Cores against her orders. Once she gained control of the Book, she cooperated with the TSAB forces to destroy the defense program. I'd say her hands in that case were cleaner than Fate's in the Jewel Seeds case.
Hayate suspects Regius may be Scaglietti's client, but we know something she doesn't, Zest and Lutecia work for the Client, how do they fit into the plan she outlined?
It's possible Scaglietti is presently serving several Clients with tasks that fit his own agenda. By this point in the series, he simply has to be the final mastermind. There's no space left for someone with a larger agenda above him. At least, not with any decent amount of development.

Spoiler for rant on morality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk
Oh, come on, he didn't do that badly back in Nanoha and Nanoha A's. He might well be spared.
Back then, he was merely a lowly Enforcer. A good one to be sure, but not all that valuable a target. Now, he's an Admiral, a much more important target. Personally, I think the TSAB Navy hands out Admiral ranks too easily. They have so many that they serve as ship captains? Admirals are supposed to be fleet commanders!

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2007-07-30 at 12:35. Reason: Added extra replies
Old 2007-07-30, 11:51   Link #332
arkhangelsk

From Aurus' version, my guess is that Hayate actually fibbed a little with Chrono's help to take the maximum possible onto herself to protect her knights. The idea that she'd be able to control her knights so please don't execute them will sound a little hollow given the way they were gathering Linker Cores without even her knowledge. It might be better for all involved if she said she gave the order. She's just being "human" rather than almost unrealistically "saintly" that way. It'd sound a lot more plausible to the judge too.
Old 2007-07-30, 12:32   Link #333
Jimmy C

I don't think they would outright lie. That would get them kicked out of the Bureau if the truth was ever discovered. They more likely steered the subsequent inquiry in the direction they wanted, and away from the things they didn't want. Like how they exonerated Fate after the Jewel Seed incident.
Old 2007-07-30, 12:39   Link #334
arkhangelsk

Well, they aren't going to lie about anything that's actually verifiable, of course. However, something like whether Hayate gave the order or the knights decided to do it all by themselves is pretty hard to verify with any certainty.
Old 2007-07-30, 14:15   Link #335
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Man I have to say, watching the part with Vivio at the end is kinda hard to watch. Either the Numbers lack certain emotions, they don't care at all, or what but. Man that was awful, I know I could never stand listening to Vivio cry and scream like that...
Old 2007-07-30, 14:22   Link #336
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Man I have to say, watching the part with Vivio at the end is kinda hard to watch. Either the Numbers lack certain emotions, they don't care at all, or what but. Man that was awful, I know I could never stand listening to Vivio cry and scream like that...
I kinda thought her screaming wasn't out of place at last
Old 2007-07-30, 14:25   Link #337
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

It's not out of place, it's just painful to hear ya know? Makes me feel so bad for her T_T

Which is probably what it's intended to do.
Old 2007-07-30, 14:30   Link #338
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Somehow I think JimmyC has the right idea here. Put some spoiler on Morality so people can just scim over it .

Yeah Regius isn't the type to worry about how things could go wrong. He's got that kind've confidence leaving him to believe he's just that damn smart and able to handle the situation.

I'm sure Chrono will make an appearance along the way even if it's just in the final battle. One reason to hang around Carim is to keep reminding people that yes he is still around. Yuuno really should've found a character to latch onto so he wouldn't fade into obscurity.

Nice though that they have gotten clearance to just go after Scag rather than just find relics and hope he tries to steal them. Since right now I doubt he's all that concerned. Probably has the XI relic hidden away so Lutecia will be faithful until the end. Now he's got Vivio and even Ginga so he's probably prepared to move his plans forward.

Vivio crying was definitely meant to send the viewers a message and it did that. Get everyone pretty much polarized into feeling bad for the girl. While at the same time planning the various scenarios that Jail is going to die. My personal favourite is being run through with Zamber form but that's just me.
Old 2007-07-30, 15:10   Link #339
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Vivio crying was definitely meant to send the viewers a message and it did that. Get everyone pretty much polarized into feeling bad for the girl. While at the same time planning the various scenarios that Jail is going to die. My personal favourite is being run through with Zamber form but that's just me.
Jail is awesome and must live for the sake of OC thread I hope he's not going down in some stupid way.
Old 2007-07-30, 15:43   Link #340
Retsoor

>> She can't be held responsible [snip], her knights were gathering Linker Cores against her orders.

Hayate was their General, and ultimately it is the General's responsibility. Neither not knowing nor not being able to stop them is an excuse. She should know, and she should lead. Otherwise, goodbye to kitchen.
Closed Thread