Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-23, 15:36   Link #21
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Wow people are coming out of the closet. Go you guys . Personally I dont agree with that type of life style, but I do know homosexual people and I have no problems with them being that way.

IT'S ALL GOOD!!!

Here's some flash entertainment for the kiddies CLICK ME HAR HAR HAR!
Old 2004-02-23, 19:42   Link #22
Physalis

Send a message via ICQ to Physalis
I'm not gay but as the previous poster said it's all good.

Up here in Ontario I believe it's legal as well, gay mariages.

I do think it's discriminatory to not allow gay people to marry but others, like Bush, don't seem to think that way. It's a shame.
Old 2004-02-23, 20:01   Link #23
Baba
Grouky Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Baba Send a message via MSN to Baba
The problem is a little more complex than just a morale issue.
Marriage in it's legal form is something that officialies a relation between a couple and give them a certain number of advantages (in terms of fiscality and other things as well...).
In theory, these advantages are given by the state to the couple because married couple are supposed to give birth to children, and children are an important asset in a nation. This was very true when the law were made, as there were very few babies born outside married couples and it was considered as strange (or even bad) for married couples not to have children.
Now, the situation has changed, and you can discuss wether all this is still justified, but this is one of the main argument against homosexual marriage (other than the moral one) as homosexual couple don't provide the basis for a family cell (except if you allow adoption by homosexual couples wich is yet another question...).

As for me, I'm for homosexual marriage, but that's just my opinion .
Old 2004-02-23, 20:45   Link #24
RichMan
????

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba
The problem is a little more complex than just a morale issue.
Marriage in it's legal form is something that officialies a relation between a couple and give them a certain number of advantages (in terms of fiscality and other things as well...).
In theory, these advantages are given by the state to the couple because married couple are supposed to give birth to children, and children are an important asset in a nation. This was very true when the law were made, as there were very few babies born outside married couples and it was considered as strange (or even bad) for married couples not to have children.
Now, the situation has changed, and you can discuss wether all this is still justified, but this is one of the main argument against homosexual marriage (other than the moral one) as homosexual couple don't provide the basis for a family cell (except if you allow adoption by homosexual couples wich is yet another question...).

As for me, I'm for homosexual marriage, but that's just my opinion .
That's what I think. I believe that the only reason gay marriage is illegal is because the two can't possibly give birth to children which means there will be no next generation to pay taxes, join the military, etc. I see nothing wrong with gay marriages, if 2 people are in love then I think they should be able to be married. I hear that religion is a big reason why gay marriages are illegal, that's a bunch of crap! I don't have to follow the rules of your damn religion!

Since it's on the subject i'll be open to say that i'm bi (yes, it's true). I love both guys and girls. I think that girls are prettier than guys, but I usually get along better with guys. So there equal to me(in terms of who I like more)
Old 2004-02-23, 21:05   Link #25
Goldenducky

Send a message via AIM to Goldenducky
gravitation
i cant believe your shy! you are always so outgoing on the forums and stuff.
plus if you DO wanna get a boyfriend then stop being shy and go for it!

i have a bazillion gay friends who've got boyfriends and stuff and their 14 to.
not that i really understand how you can make a descision like that so young but hey whatever rocks your world!!!!!
Old 2004-02-23, 21:41   Link #26
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
That's what I think. I believe that the only reason gay marriage is illegal is because the two can't possibly give birth to children which means there will be no next generation to pay taxes, join the military, etc. I see nothing wrong with gay marriages, if 2 people are in love then I think they should be able to be married. I hear that religion is a big reason why gay marriages are illegal, that's a bunch of crap! I don't have to follow the rules of your damn religion!

I think its really unfair to say that gay marriges should be illigal because they cant have children. I cant give birth, does that mean I shouldnt be allowed to get married either? In all honesty, I cant understand any arguement against it..especially religious reasons. Maybe Im just too open minded for my own good..but, let people love!!

And gravitation! When you get your sexy boyfriend you have to take cute pictures for me! Nya!
Old 2004-02-23, 21:46   Link #27
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Gravitation: I know you'll meet someone eventually! You're sooo cute! It's bound to happen. ^_^ (I'll be soo jealous though )

Anyways, you might be able to guess my orientation from this post. (Well probably most likely ^_^)
Old 2004-02-23, 22:01   Link #28
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Gravitation
Anyways, you might be able to guess my orientation from this post. (Well probably most likely ^_^)
my guess is upside-down, because sounds like your blood is rushing to your head.
Old 2004-02-24, 07:40   Link #29
d0d0lee
だいおもしろ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Gravitation: I know you'll meet someone eventually! You're sooo cute! It's bound to happen. ^_^ (I'll be soo jealous though )

It's getting more and more interesting... I thought Jappi was just a normal hentai. So are you as sure or as open as gravy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation
ahhh im sure you will find SOMEONE! i always doubt i will find someone coz im super shy but my friends assure me that i will find someone
Yes you got it correct
lol, i like my body and like being a guy thanx !

Gravi, even as we are oceans and worlds apart, i'll always think of you as someone mysterious, courageous and pure ... and best of all, someone nice
truth to be told, i look at you and i feel that i was being old and cynical... sigh.

and skyrri, i still think gravi is better off being a guy, rem, he's grossed out by the female anatomy. = )
Old 2004-02-24, 09:17   Link #30
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0d0lee
and skyrri, i still think gravi is better off being a guy, rem, he's grossed out by the female anatomy. = )
Yes ^_^ He makes a very sexy boy!
Old 2004-02-24, 11:15   Link #31
u&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
I believe that the only reason gay marriage is illegal is because the two can't possibly give birth to children which means there will be no next generation to pay taxes, join the military, etc.
Gay couples have lots of kids. Finding someone that want's to have babies with you is pretty easy regardless of your sex and/or orientation.

Gay marriage is illegal in many places because it's such a deconstruction of traditional family values. I don't think conservative ideologists dislike gay marriage more than they dislike situations like single parenthood and polygamy. It's totally politically incorrect to discuss rights of those groups though so you don't hear much about the right of those people.

Personally I belive that if two or more consenting adults enters a contract society should honor that contract. The fact that the contract in this case is "marriage" doesn't change a thing.
Old 2004-02-24, 11:52   Link #32
outlaw55
Banned

*sigh* our country (Talking to US pplz ;p) has lost all morals....poop on gay marriges....
Old 2004-02-24, 11:56   Link #33
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

marriage is not a some sort of sacred institution, if so, then they wouldn’t have show's like who wants to marry a millionaire, the littlest groom (where a bunch of midgets try to marry one guy) my big fat obnoxious wedding, the bachelor series and all the other crap.

If gay people want to get married, i dont see how they can "offended" something thats already been turned into a joke.
Old 2004-02-24, 12:52   Link #34
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Quote:
IT'S ALL GOOD!!!
Here's some flash entertainment for the kiddies CLICK ME HAR HAR HAR!
*dances*
Quote:
gravitation
i cant believe your shy! you are always so outgoing on the forums and stuff.
plus if you DO wanna get a boyfriend then stop being shy and go for it!
i have a bazillion gay friends who've got boyfriends and stuff and their 14 to.
not that i really understand how you can make a descision like that so young but hey whatever rocks your world!!!!!
lol. Yeah im very shy in real life but on the forums its easy to be outgoing so i am I will take your adivce and be more out going and less shy coz i really want a boyrfriend
Quote:
And gravitation! When you get your sexy boyfriend you have to take cute pictures for me! Nya!
lol! deffinately! im gonna flood the photo thread with pics! the thread will gleam (sp?) with gayness ^_~
Quote:
awwwww thanks aww dont be jealous! you will get your own slice of hawtness! you once told me that there are quite a few gay people out there
Quote:
Gravi, even as we are oceans and worlds apart, i'll always think of you as someone mysterious, courageous and pure ... and best of all, someone nice
truth to be told, i look at you and i feel that i was being old and cynical... sigh.
Awwwwwww SWEET! your WAY to kind!! Old and cynical?! lol no your not, you wouldnt have said those nice things if you were cynical would you!? your a kewl person indeed [cool emoticon]

I thought the reason gay people werent allowed to get married was coz of in christianity your not allowed to be gay (i think) and a wedding is a christian ceremony (i think, i suck at religious education). I think it would be nice if gay people were allowed to get married coz its sweet
Old 2004-02-24, 13:23   Link #35
Worldestroyer
IRC lurker

Send a message via AIM to Worldestroyer Send a message via MSN to Worldestroyer
Good luck to everyone on there "coming out" or anything else to do with gay relationships. Although i'm strait'r then ROD of titanium. I don't see anything wrong with gay marriages or gays in general. I have a slight homo-fobia but thats just because of the enviroment i grew up in, and i'm getting/gotten over it. Good luck again.
Old 2004-02-24, 15:14   Link #36
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Hmm this is bad news for homosexual people. Bush is backing a Constitutional Amendment that'll BAN gay marriages. Read that article here. I personally think that the government has no rights to make such an Amendment. Local goovernment even. Who cares if they want to get married they arent really bothering us. Leave them be damnit if they wanna marry let them marry! I may not like the fact that they like/love the same sex but im willing to be a HUMAN and accept them as people. IMHO though the only thing I really dissaprove about gay people is the damn gay pride parade. Do you people really need a whole parade to say that your gay? Youre gay, GO YOU I dont need to see a parade saying that your gay with you guys prancing around. I mean do straight people have a Strait Pride Parade?
Anyways I hope that Bush is NOT able to push this thru. *damn Bush someone FIRE THAT MONKEY!*
Old 2004-02-24, 15:22   Link #37
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
Hmm this is bad news for homosexual people. Bush is backing a Constitutional Amendment that'll BAN gay marriages. Read that article here. I personally think that the government has no rights to make such an Amendment. Local goovernment even. Who cares if they want to get married they arent really bothering us. Leave them be damnit if they wanna marry let them marry! I may not like the fact that they like/love the same sex but im willing to be a HUMAN and accept them as people. IMHO though the only thing I really dissaprove about gay people is the damn gay pride parade. Do you people really need a whole parade to say that your gay? Youre gay, GO YOU I dont need to see a parade saying that your gay with you guys prancing around. I mean do straight people have a Strait Pride Parade?
Anyways I hope that Bush is NOT able to push this thru. *damn Bush someone FIRE THAT MONKEY!*
It's up to us to get him fired. He should be voted out...
Old 2004-02-24, 15:24   Link #38
outlaw55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
It's up to us to get him fired. He should be voted out...
Fired? I agree with that policy, it is a GOOD one!!!
Old 2004-02-24, 16:20   Link #39
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
I personally think that the government has no rights to make such an Amendment.
The whole purpose of a marriage license is so that a union is recognized by the government. So actually, the government has the right to do whatever it wants.
Old 2004-02-24, 17:10   Link #40
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Havnt you learned yet that the Government can do whatever they please as long as ignorant people aggree mindlessly? It's the way the world works.
btw, Me = Not gay.
Closed Thread