AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 48 26.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 34.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 46 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 9.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.63%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-01, 16:56   Link #101
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Miria's pretty slick. She didnt recreate her old team. Instead she put 1 in each team. This way the organization doesnt get too suspicious and she has eyes and ears in every team. True, i wanted to see a reunion, but this is better strategy-wise.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2007-08-01, 17:00   Link #102
Lecrew

Send a message via ICQ to Lecrew Send a message via MSN to Lecrew
Miria's plan was a good idea to make a strategy. One team needs defensive and the other team needs to be offensive type or either way 1 group will be all mixed up for offensive and defensive type to defeat an awakening easily.
Old 2007-08-01, 17:02   Link #103
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think it's to optimize the chances of each team to make it through. she knows the fab fours are stronger than they appear, and can be relied upon against an Awakened.

That, or she just went by the numbers: the strongest leaders got the weakest members, to keep the team balanced.
Old 2007-08-01, 17:11   Link #104
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Clare don't give much into Rankings
It is a bit odd that they just default to the highest rank to take command, when they are ranked by combat skill, not leadership skill. This group is lucky to have Miria as their commander. Imagine Ophelia is alive and leading this group... But then Ilena was leading the group against Teresa even she was not the highest rank. The organization probably select their best officer type to lead half of their total force, to help them survive longer.

Speaking of Ophelia, what happens to the #4 position?

Clare may become a good combat leader. Her strong yuki observation skill help lead Jean to defeat Duff. She still need more experience and more confidence to bark out orders.
Old 2007-08-01, 17:13   Link #105
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Technically, I think if Priscilla had pulled rank, Irene would have had to obey or face insubordination charges. (Which may very possibly mean a claymore to the face.)

Priscilla just had a deferential personality.
Old 2007-08-01, 17:16   Link #106
Nico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
Nico: like Seska said, you will just have to read the manga. Anyway this is something you have to "see" and can't be explained ^^
well i was kinda hoping someone would post up the page :P

but anyway what manga chapter is it?
Old 2007-08-01, 17:26   Link #107
Mandrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Miria's pretty slick. She didnt recreate her old team. Instead she put 1 in each team. This way the organization doesnt get too suspicious and she has eyes and ears in every team. True, i wanted to see a reunion, but this is better strategy-wise.
Hmm, that IS slick...considering she knew of the old teams potential after their...hazerdous mission. Never looked at it that way.
Old 2007-08-01, 17:29   Link #108
guess

I just thought of one thing when I was watching. Priscilla is slightly weaker than that number one awakening guy, who is equally strong as the other two, Riful and what's-her-name. Priscilla is stronger than Teresa, a number one. Does that mean all those three are exceptionally good, even among number one of all generations? So number one who are really good all end up awakening while otehrs die for whatever reason?
Old 2007-08-01, 17:48   Link #109
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Well the dvd extras might have it. i mean, it did fixed the other 5 episodes.
Can you point me to where any discussion about the DVD release is taking place? Doesn't seem relevant to any of the existing active threads. Would like to know what you're talking about there.
Old 2007-08-01, 17:50   Link #110
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I think Miria had a good plan in place for spreading people out. After all they all have experience and she knows what they can do so getting them in various groups will improve each groups chances. But also you do have the good points of not causing too much attention to be brought on them if she puts the 4 of them together. Just too bad Jean didn't luck out with her group selection.

Should be fun to see how the fight goes next week. Seems like Jean's opponent is perfectly suited to her pulling that move again. Will of course need to rely on Helen and the team she's in to cover for her while she gets it ready to fire. Miria's team will be in tough taking that guy while all the other groups are now going to be occupied. But seems she'll be able to take care of it somehow. Curious how the casualties will turn out after this round is said and done.

Plus as we've seen this is pretty much a suicide mission. Sure they can probably handle this but there are a lot more AO and Easley out there that they won't be able to handle after enough fights.

I always felt on the Teresa and Priscilla thing it came down to the ability to fight while supressing yoki. If Priscilla developed enough she'd be too strong at that stage for Teresa to beat. Besides like Irene said Teresa's skills were dulling while travelling with Clare, if she kept that up it'd only be a matter of time before Priscilla won in a fight. Felt personally that Teresa could win against the awakened Priscilla if she went to the max since her ability to read the attack would be open again and if she could just keep up she could win. Of course I could just be misjudging the situation.

About Easley. Maybe B-day meant that he's much stronger than Priscilla rather than the slightly stronger that you said guest.
Old 2007-08-01, 18:02   Link #111
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Seeing this new enemies reminds me of Guyver all over --- this isn't the first time this has happened with this series, and i like it a lot. Of course, its no shock that i'd see little connections like this --- Shounen. <3

I truly love where this arc is going. It'll be a good chance for everyone to see just what Clare can do, and it'll be one hell of a surprise to a lot of the Claymore's present, considering her number.

Jean was the high-light of the episode for me. Since the start of the series i've been waiting for a character with high pride to appear, and Jeane fits that role perfectly. Its also good to see that she's somewhat of a main character at the moment.
Old 2007-08-01, 18:07   Link #112
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Okay, sometimes i went overboard. But there is really no mean to it... I just don't want the Anime only viewer get their curiosity crushed. Thats all...

and again. there is really no mean to it..

In german (My Brain rejects to translate it):

[german]
Mit den Fetzen Manga wissen, was die anderen so einstreuen. "Aber im Manga war diese Szene total anders, usw"
Verführen wir ja grad die leute, die nur den Anime sehen wollen und Spoilers umgehen, dazu Spoilers zu lesen damit
sie rausfinden was derjenige meint...

Sowas wie Zuckerbrot und Peitsche...

Wissen ist macht, nicht wissen ist glücklicher...
[/german]
Not to worry, Seska! None of us are imagining you sitting in front of the glow of your computer screen, reflected light blazing from your spectacles, cackling madly while you eliminate posts with manic glee!
Old 2007-08-01, 18:07   Link #113
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Awakened Ones and Claymores aren't exactly on the same power scale anyway.
Old 2007-08-01, 18:39   Link #114
Lendial

is it safe to assume clares nearly mastered irene's tecnique and intergrated the arm fully. she was able to shock the male AB who could directly control yoki.

floras voice was sooo......
Old 2007-08-01, 18:42   Link #115
redmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
A hint that there's a possible mole

Flora's voice reminds me of....... Mike Tyson!
Old 2007-08-01, 19:06   Link #116
mashimaro_boy

Awesome episode!

Sigh only 8 more episodes left
Old 2007-08-01, 19:11   Link #117
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Not Perfect at all, Helen is not funny like manga .
Old 2007-08-01, 19:21   Link #118
B-day
Yokomo driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmeat View Post
Flora's voice reminds me of....... Mike Tyson!
Beauty and the Beast
Old 2007-08-01, 19:28   Link #119
Ellis

This episode was awesome !
Flora's voice was kind of... nice too ! ^^

I really liked the meeting between the old squad's members who defeated the Awakened Male; Miria, Clare, Deneve and Helen... When they asked for Clare's right arm's provenance, it felt like old friends, glad to show their new legs, arms, hands they received, after a long time they didn't see each others...
After all, this is a Claymore's passion: collecting limbs from several persons
Old 2007-08-01, 19:29   Link #120
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

The episode was good, some decent set up action and all, can't wait for the next one. But they left out the funnies, poor Helen didn't get her five minutes of fame. Flora's voice is kinda odd, guess they were trying to get the soft-spoken type leader thing going, audio quality wasn't to crash for me though.

Hmm, I will need to go check, I can't at the moment, but the very last scene of the preview was that used in the last ep's preview to? If not, and that is in the next ep then... wow, next ep must be watched in fast forward to get all the info in before the... yeah...