AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-08-02, 17:48   Link #121
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Yeah, but Itachi's been built up so much that it's almost overkill. And he will almost certainly be defeated by Sasuke, so either way Sharingan comes out victorious in that battle.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 17:50   Link #122
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
i hope pein kills some of konoha nin like kiba or shino...
they only got screentime when help is needed
Helping is not the choice they would normally make. Since Kishi is too^ scared to boost Naruto's power using Kyuubi-based means (unlike Sasuke, who is using monster powers himself with no restriction in effect), making Naruto get some screen time would mean there would be other Konohian to also get screen time. Pein killing them will not change anything, as they will be replaced by other preys. In short, not getting killed is the right choice for the story, right now, unless you are in urgent need of Konohian blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
And he will almost certainly be defeated by Sasuke...
The path is still open regarding that. Sasuke getting everything, with not much obstacle front, just for the goal is sick enough, to also make it happen would be further overkill. And, with the introduction of the 3rd Uchiha, Madara, and him being behind everything, that may have triggered everything about Itachi and the Uchiha clan destruction, that path has already received a currently invisible blow.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 17:50   Link #123
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Itachi vs Pein my ass.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 17:52   Link #124
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Helping is not the choice they would normally make. Since Kishi is too^ scared to boost Naruto's power using Kyuubi-based means (unlike Sasuke, who is using monster powers himself with no restriction in effect), making Naruto get some screen time would mean there would be other Konohian to also get screen time. Pein killing them will not change anything, as they will be replaced by other preys. In short, not getting killed is the right choice for the story, right now, unless you are in urgent need of Konohian blood.
yes indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Itachi vs Pein my ass.
you ass is beautiful.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 17:59   Link #125
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Itachi vs Pein my ass.
Why? Because the Akatsuki leader in front, that has not lost a battle yet would have lost pathetically against Itachi, or the opposite, Itachi getting his behind handed to him by a non-Uchiha, and, with Sasuke being the better potentially according to the real leader, Itachi not being spared at the end...
Old 2007-08-02, 18:01   Link #126
Defiance
The Founder

Have any spoilers been confirmed?
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:11   Link #127
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Interesting. But would Itachi defeating Pein really show off Akatsuki's power as a whole? To me it would mostly show off Itachi's power. I mean Itachi's already defeated a good amount of powerful shinobi and two of them were Akatsuki members. So, IMO, him defeating Pein wouldn't make Akatsuki seem much stronger. It would just boost the Sharingan again.
I mean that the only way for akatsuki to clearly beat Konoha (that is now Kakashi+Yamato+Naruto+others) but not kill them + not take Naruto and kill him with the extraction is that Pein and BH clearly beat Konoha and are about to take Naruto when Itachi arrives and shows his power. This way both akatsuki power and Itachi's power would be shown clearly. That should be done to make some tension in the story, because right now it seems that when akatsukians meet a Konoha team they simply die, which makes the story look boring, i mean we already think that akatsuki will lose and if they really lose there's nothing unexpected in the story. The story must heat up, and an unexpected win of Pein and BH over Kakashi+Yamato+Naruto+Sakura+... would be such a plot twist. But more importantly i would like to see a human side of Itachi, that was hiding behind the picture of a cold blooded serial killer.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:31   Link #128
iBeast

Quote:
Why? Because the Akatsuki leader in front, that has not lost a battle yet would have lost pathetically against Itachi, or the opposite, Itachi getting his behind handed to him by a non-Uchiha, and, with Sasuke being the better potentially according to the real leader, Itachi not being spared at the end...

How old are you? Why the hell do you use so many freaking commas? It makes your sentences sound like shit.

Anyway, I think this next chapter Pein will make his appearance known to Naruto and the others, while Itachi and Kisame will be doing their own thing.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:41   Link #129
Negs

Quote:
The way it was worded shows Tobi saying he is Madara.
CORRECT. Sheesh.
Negs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:44   Link #130
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Because you and whoever else is already getting hypothetical about the two of them fighting is daydreaming.
Old 2007-08-02, 18:46   Link #131
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_hai View Post
How old are you? Why the hell do you use so many freaking commas? It makes your sentences sound like shit.
Sorry, but, I wasn't targeting the 10- age group, with my post...But, if you are 10+, and still have difficulty in understanding, then, maybe a re-education or a few additional courses would help...

Quote:
Because you and whoever else is already getting hypothetical about the two of them fighting is daydreaming.
I am not. I don't care who fights who at the moment. But, if you are completely against it, then, there should be a reason, other than the impression that you may accidentally give as "I don't want it cause I don't want it"... So, which one of it?
Old 2007-08-02, 18:49   Link #132
Covenant

Stop Using So Many Commas.

Use Them After Words Such As But, And Well, Got It?

USE THEM BEFORE BUT TOO

Thanks

LOLOLOLOLOOLOL
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:50   Link #133
Aidenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_hai View Post

Anyway, I think this next chapter Pein will make his appearance known to Naruto and the others, while Itachi and Kisame will be doing their own thing.
You've not seen the spoiler picture with Itachi meeting Naruto have you?
Aidenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:54   Link #134
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

all these spoilers... geez. I'm not really thrilled about all of them. I'd like to see one with itachi moving out, naruto's team moving towards sasuke, and pein simply talking about his past a bit. but it'll never happen cause its too simple and too logical.

the one where half the team follows sasuke and the other half follows tobi is pretty good too, at least conceptually.
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:56   Link #135
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I wish writing would be as simple as you would wish it to be...But. It is not!

And to the one trying to give a brief course (but fail at the end)...Use the language correctly yourself, before trying to teach others!!!
Old 2007-08-02, 18:57   Link #136
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
I am not. I don't care who fights who at the moment. But, if you are completely against it, then, there should be a reason, other than the impression that you may accidentally give as "I don't want it cause I don't want it"... So, which one of it?
I don't care if they fight. But if you seem to think that they will give a reasonable cause why they would. Right now there are none. I can see Itachi fighting Tobi more than Pein because of clan connections since there's obviously something going on about the Uchiha, right? Why would Itachi need or want to fight Pein.
Old 2007-08-02, 18:59   Link #137
1nfamous Sn1per
Tobi is a Good Boy!

See what this storyline has done to us? This is exactly what Kishimoto wants. Mass confusion. So when the true plot is revealed, everyone will go ballistic and it will put an end to the majority if not all the theories. I have to admit however, there are a bunch of loose ends in the storyline. Many questions to be answered. Sadly most of them won't be. But I digress the single most important question i want to be resolved is who is Yondaime to Naruto?
1nfamous Sn1per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:05   Link #138
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Jesus Christ, you guys have nothing better to do except criticize some ones typing? It's not about how he types, its about what he types so please GTFO.

@ Suna no Tate and Defiance.
There is only one confirmed spoiler, and that is this.

Spoiler for Naruto 365 Spoiler:

Everything else is fake. The pictures that go along with this spoiler are in the previous pages.
Old 2007-08-02, 19:06   Link #139
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Why would Itachi need or want to fight Pein.
The simplest answer would be Itachi knowing about Madara's secret plans, such as Madara possibly betraying him at the end, and eliminating him from the process involving Kyuubi.

I hope that you don't really think, someone like Itachi, who had trouble by being controlled by others in Konoha, wouldn't have any problem following people in Akatsuki without any specific reason. It is possible that Itachi might have some "hidden" goals for himself, maybe regarding Kyuubi. And, if Madara will try to replace Itachi with Sasuke, or stop Itachi reaching his goal, there would be a sufficient reason to fight Pein and the others.

It is all a matter of creating the right scenario for the fight, which is currently possible with the introduction of Madara. 3 Uchihas, with such powers, are a lot more than the story can bear at the moment.
Old 2007-08-02, 19:34   Link #140
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
That should be done to make some tension in the story, because right now it seems that when akatsukians meet a Konoha team they simply die, which makes the story look boring, i mean we already think that akatsuki will lose and if they really lose there's nothing unexpected in the story.
Well, they're villains. You should expect them to die...it's just a matter of when.

But I wouldn't say it's a simple as them meeting with Konoha and then dying. Deidara survived some impressive battles before finally committing suicide against Sasuke. And if you think about all the Konoha nin Kakuzu and Hidan fought over the course of two battles, it is quite large. A small army really. And none of them could do much good against Kakuzu until Naruto showed up with his ultra-instant-TKO jutsu. If you think about it, Akatsuki's strength has been impressive.

Really, the only reason Akatsuki falls short is the fact that their body count of Konoha nin is low (though their body count of non-Konoha characters is fairly high), while their own fatalities are high. Pein defeating all the Konoha nin but not killing them will not change that fact.

Quote:

It is all a matter of creating the right scenario for the fight, which is currently possible with the introduction of Madara. 3 Uchihas, with such powers, are a lot more than the story can bear at the moment.
I don't consider a fight between Itachi and Pein out of the question. It just seems like to me that Pein has been marked as Naruto's opponent to defeat. Tobi/Madara warned Pein and Blue Hair about Naruto's growth and abilities and BH said not to worry because Pein has never been defeated.

Does anyone else see the foreshadowing/irony in that statement.?

It's like when Itachi warned Kisame not to underestimate Gai and sure enough Kisame (well, his clone anyway) got his ass kicked by Gai. Naruto will need to fight against some very strong opponents to further his development. I think Pein, as someone who is quite possibly on the same level as Itachi, fills that role nicely.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote