AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-07-26, 08:50   Link #261
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToad View Post
I am trying to hard sub an anamorphic video, but when the video is stretched to 16:9 in a matroska container, it stretches the subs out as well. Has anybody had any experience with this? My first thought was to resize to 853x480 (the size the video gets stretched to), apply the subs, then resize back to 720x480, but YV12 complains that 853 isn't divisible by 4.

What's the solution to this dilemma?
Simple (and best) solution: Softsub.

You can try resizing to 852, which YV12 should allow. However since you are hardsubbing the subs will get resized either way, unless you plan not to use anamorphic and release at something like 848x480 or 856x480...
Old 2007-07-26, 11:42   Link #262
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Actually the softsubs will be stretched by VSFilter as well in an anamorphic release. The solution is rather simple though (in both hardsub and softsub case). You use the ScaleX and ScaleY options in the Styles (there should also be a manual parameter for this I forgot). In which case you basically stretch (or compress) the subs initially. That way when they are stretched, yet again, with the video they are at their originally "aspect ratio". In the case of 720x480 to 853x480 that would mean you should be either making the height (ScaleY) of the subs smaller (so they get stretched taller on the resize) or make their width (ScaleX) larger. You can change those values by eye till you like it or just mathematically, 720/853.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 16:38   Link #263
jfs
Aegisub dev

When using ASS with anamorphic sources here are some points:
- The PlayResX and PlayResY (script resolution) must match the encoded pixel resolution (ie. not display resolution) of the video. So 720x480 script resolution if that's the encoded pixel resolution of the video.
- Use the ScaleX or ScaleY style fields to scale the text inversely of what the AR correction will do. So for 720x480 being stretced to 853x480 on playback you would either set ScaleX to something smaller than 100% or ScaleY to something bigger than 100%.

For example, 720/853 ≈ 0.84 or 84%, so you can set ScaleX to 84 to get correct scaling.

Also, digital NTSC video is 706 pixels in width, padded up to 720 pixels to become MOD16 for MPEG encoding. You will usually want to crop 8 pixels from each side of the video frame to get a 704 pixels wide frame. This is closer to the actual 706 pixels and avoids wasting bitrate on any black borders the video might have.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 17:09   Link #264
TwoToad

Thank you both, Nicholi and jfs! That was exactly what I was looking for, I just didn't know the functionality of that feature of Aegisub . Works beautifully!
TwoToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 18:26   Link #265
Harukalover
In exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Also, digital NTSC video is 706 pixels in width, padded up to 720 pixels to become MOD16 for MPEG encoding. You will usually want to crop 8 pixels from each side of the video frame to get a 704 pixels wide frame. This is closer to the actual 706 pixels and avoids wasting bitrate on any black borders the video might have.
Actually the width is 710.85.
Old 2007-07-28, 21:44   Link #266
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

MKVtoolnix/mkvmerge trouble

For the input I put:

asdf.mkv - for the video
asdf_jap.ogg - for audio 1
asdf_eng.ogg - for audio 2
fasd_sub.ass - for subtitles

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rather troublesome but, After muxing those things, The Video, and dual audio work fine but when i put the sub track on, it does not display...

Is there a reason for this?
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 22:20   Link #267
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

you're doing it wrong?

somehow this does not surprise me

Edit for content: experiment with your default track flags, check if vsfilter is loaded, if not check if it's installed properly, etc. Also check the sub file itself.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 00:35   Link #268
xat
*Fansubber

What do you mean when you "put the sub track on"? When you select the track during playback?
xat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 14:20   Link #269
Zanejin
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xat View Post
What do you mean when you "put the sub track on"? When you select the track during playback?
Yes, that's what he means. I suspect that it's a filter problem, namely a VSFilter one (it's the green arrow that appears in your Start menu's notification area when you play a file with softsubs).
Old 2007-07-29, 14:33   Link #270
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Thanks to TheFluff and Zenjin ^^
------------------------------------
Another question:

For the font to display on others computers do i need to attach it in attachments? or...?
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 14:35   Link #271
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
Thanks to TheFluff and Zenjin ^^
------------------------------------
Another question:

For the font to display on others computers do i need to attach it in attachments? or...?
Yes, attachments.
Old 2007-07-29, 22:03   Link #272
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

wait, I thought .aSS automatically does that? no need to manually attach any files?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 22:34   Link #273
Zanejin
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
wait, I thought .aSS automatically does that? no need to manually attach any files?
You can choose to attach the fonts to the ASS file and then mux it with everything else through MKVToolnix, but the end result is the same; the fonts are merely "moved over" and turned into attachments to the MKV file during the muxing.
Old 2007-08-02, 20:42   Link #274
mcpig

how do you put 2 audio streams into 1 video (multiplexing)?

sorry for the super n00bish question. I've recently started looking into making subs, and I want to make karaoke videos, possibly with both vocal and instrumental audio streams included. i know you can do this with mkv files, but what exactly do you use to put 2 audio streams into 1 video??

thank you in advance m(_ _)m

Last edited by mcpig; 2007-08-03 at 03:00.
mcpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 22:02   Link #275
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I don't believe .avi files support multiple streams, but it's worth a try anyway.

Use VirtualDub and add two audio streams and create the .avi file. It might be kind of buggy though...

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 22:22   Link #276
edogawaconan
Hi
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to edogawaconan Send a message via Yahoo to edogawaconan
avi: try using avi-mux gui
mkv: mkvtoolnix
mp4: megui's mp4 muxer gui will do
edogawaconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 22:29   Link #277
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Just FYI, what you're doing is not encoding, but it's called multiplexing (muxing).

Simply, add the karaoke video, full song mp3 (or whatever format audio) and karaoke song mp3 (ditto) as input files in mkvmerge.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 22:40   Link #278
Harukalover
In exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart View Post
I don't believe .avi files support multiple streams, but it's worth a try anyway.
avi can support multiple audio streams.

mcpig: Whatever you mux to, be sure to set which stream you want to play as the default stream.
Old 2007-08-03, 02:01   Link #279
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harukalover View Post
avi can support multiple audio streams.
... but both will play at once unless you have a player with an internal audio splitter (ZP, MPC) or a splitter that does it for you (Haali's, microsoft's normal one doesn't).
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 02:58   Link #280
mcpig

maceart-san: i was thinking about mkv files. but since others have suggested that avi might also work... perhaps i'll try both out -w-;

edogawaconan-san: thank you for the information! =)

sylf-san: thank you for the correction~ i'll change the topic now ^^
(edit... seems like u cant change the text in the actual topic... mah... anyway ^^

harukalover-san: thank you =) i'll pay attention to that when i make the file~

thefluff-san: we'll know when i try it out =w=

thank you all for the information! i will try them out after my finals... -w-;;;
mcpig is offline   Reply With Quote