5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 1.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 2.48%
Voters: 444. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-06, 22:07   Link #701
Juvyniled

Orange is simply nothing more than a nuissance. How anyone can think he's cute is like thinking Barney is adorable (highly juvenile). But he's nothing more than comedy relief.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 01:20   Link #702
secriden

Question

I was wondering if someone could clarify this for me - you know right at the end of Episode 25 when Lelouch and Suzaku were both yelling at each other, what was Suzaku saying? The fansub subtitle said "I'll take Nunnally to my be--", which is kinda, you know, disturbing. The only thing I can think of is "I'll take Nunnaly to my bed." Which is gross. The girl's, like, eight.

So, does anyone who speaks/understands Japanese know what Suzaku was actually about to say??
secriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 01:38   Link #703
Illsaide Yuy

hi all~~~ ^v^
I’m new here. can I join in the discussion?
it took me a day to read from first page. I’m so happy that I found Suzaku-haters here. since I’m considering to be one…

what makes my bloods boil is Suzaku’s meanie words to Lelouch, which are:
Spoiler:

watch Lelouch’s expression changes during the 4 hits combo
my question is “what right does Suzaku has to say those harsh words to Lelouch?” he’s not all-saint perfect human being that has the right to judge someone’s existence! he even killed his own father and wiped out any OBK troops that stand in his way. Suzaku oh Suzaku… you’re %$#@*&!

well, I know it’s an anime… no need to take it so seriously but still… it ticks me off!

Aah, cant wait for season 2. “cruel” is not enough for what Sunrise had done to us! it’s “crime”! but I’m quite sure that Lelouch will survive no matter what. well, think rationally… if the sequel is of a tv series format, then it’ll take more episodes and longer story. they still need the main chara at least. but, it’d be different if the sequel come out as OVA right?

pheew… *sits back at the corner and having internal conflict whether to join Suzaku-haters or not*
Illsaide Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 01:51   Link #704
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsaide Yuy View Post
hi all~~~ ^v^
I’m new here. can I join in the discussion?
it took me a day to read from first page. I’m so happy that I found Suzaku-haters here. since I’m considering to be one…

what makes my bloods boil is Suzaku’s meanie words to Lelouch, which are:
Spoiler:

watch Lelouch’s expression changes during the 4 hits combo
my question is “what right does Suzaku has to say those harsh words to Lelouch?” he’s not all-saint perfect human being that has the right to judge someone’s existence! he even killed his own father and wiped out any OBK troops that stand in his way. Suzaku oh Suzaku… you’re %$#@*&!

well, I know it’s an anime… no need to take it so seriously but still… it ticks me off!

Aah, cant wait for season 2. “cruel” is not enough for what Sunrise had done to us! it’s “crime”! but I’m quite sure that Lelouch will survive no matter what. well, think rationally… if the sequel is of a tv series format, then it’ll take more episodes and longer story. they still need the main chara at least. but, it’d be different if the sequel come out as OVA right?

pheew… *sits back at the corner and having internal conflict whether to join Suzaku-haters or not*
There is no reason to "hesistate" to join Suzaku haters. It is the logical choice.
- He killed his dad so he can put Japan into submission to an colonial empire.
- He tries to reason himself out of his crime of patricide by working for the enemy, and he tries to reason himself out of that by saying he's trying to change it from within.
In short, he is nothing but a coward who is unwilling to face up to his sin and responsibility.

I don't see where this internal conflict is coming from, when the target is a hypocrite, a traitor, a coward, and committed patricide.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 02:04   Link #705
Juvyniled

I suppose it's an 'obvious' logical choice when you consider only the negative of it. You'd have more credibility demonstrating that the negatives outweigh the positives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General

- He tries to reason himself out of his crime of patricide by working for the enemy, and he tries to reason himself out of that by saying he's trying to change it from within.
Love how you twist words around to make things devilishly negative. You'd make a great politician.
Old 2007-08-07, 02:25   Link #706
BakuDan
Let's count up your sins!

A good plot for season 2 would be lelouch's status is unknown in the first half and season 2 will revolve around nunnaly. I do wish its something like Knightmare of Nunnaly like in the manga.
Old 2007-08-07, 02:45   Link #707
co128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
I suppose it's an 'obvious' logical choice when you consider only the negative of it. You'd have more credibility demonstrating that the negatives outweigh the positives.

Love how you twist words around to make things devilishly negative. You'd make a great politician.
Why are you soo smart?? lol.. im NOT being sarcastic, i just read a couple of your posts and their structure and dialect is very well built. Wouldn't surprise me if you're a humanities major. Anyways, I agree with ya. It seems rather hypocritical of the Suzaku haters to see Suzaku as only a negative character. He had his reasons for his actions, just like everyone else. His personality may not appeal to a vast majority, but the important thing is to take your own advice. You cannot judge someone, because you simply have no right to (and hence sentence him to death like soo many want to). You may disagree with his reasoning, but you can never judge another. That, in itself, is a very common hypocrisy of man.
co128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 04:42   Link #708
Illsaide Yuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
There is no reason to "hesistate" to join Suzaku haters. It is the logical choice.
In short, he is nothing but a coward who is unwilling to face up to his sin and responsibility.

I don't see where this internal conflict is coming from, when the target is a hypocrite, a traitor, a coward, and committed patricide.
wow, nicely said! *banzai!*
don’t tell me you’re the Suzaku-haters chief in command here? ^^’

you see, I have this “internal conflict” because of various reasons. before Suzaku’s true self (like you’ve said “a hypocrite, a traitor, a coward, and committed patricide” >> pretty agree with you there) showed later, too bad that I liked his ‘personality’. well, I mean his ‘stupidity’. he was a “good boy” back then (guess this is the result that I listened too much to Code Geass CD drama and Picture Drama). then, I was like slapped in the face and got kicked back to reality when I watched the last minutes in eps.25. arrghh!! what right he had to say those words to Lelouch while himself is no different?!! *go rampage whenever I remember that*

see, this is the internal conflict I’m facing with… =____=///

Quote:
Originally Posted by co128 View Post
Why are you soo smart?? lol.. im NOT being sarcastic, i just read a couple of your posts and their structure and dialect is very well built. Wouldn't surprise me if you're a humanities major. Anyways, I agree with ya. It seems rather hypocritical of the Suzaku haters to see Suzaku as only a negative character. He had his reasons for his actions, just like everyone else. His personality may not appeal to a vast majority, but the important thing is to take your own advice. You cannot judge someone, because you simply have no right to (and hence sentence him to death like soo many want to). You may disagree with his reasoning, but you can never judge another. That, in itself, is a very common hypocrisy of man.
you should gave that lecture to Suzaku too, right before he enter the Tokyo Battle. (if he doesn’t listen, i guess some smacks in the head will do =p)
Illsaide Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 06:17   Link #709
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by co128 View Post
The vast majority of Suzaku haters here are maniacs. They only see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear, even if it's not said and never think anything through. They're the laughing stock of the geass community.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 06:19   Link #710
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
The vast majority of Suzaku haters here are maniacs. They only see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear, even if it's not said and never think anything through. They're the laughing stock of the geass community cause you can always expect .
Woot!!!!!!! we are maniacs!!!!!!. Lol he just said you cant judge a person yet you judge the suzaku haters. Your one of us

Last edited by mist2123; 2007-08-07 at 06:30.
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 08:40   Link #711
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

Im traveling between countries right now but once i settle down Ill get back to jagdpanther about the sub... im not done yet!

lol

that aside
Quote:
The vast majority of Suzaku haters here are maniacs. They only see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear, even if it's not said and never think anything through. They're the laughing stock of the geass community.
wow thats quite a generalization... and since their in the majority i cant see how their the laughing stock...
Ky-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 09:08   Link #712
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-66 View Post
Im traveling between countries right now but once i settle down Ill get back to jagdpanther about the sub... im not done yet!
I'll be waiting. ^^;

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 10:22   Link #713
Var
Banned

Quote:

Just to satisfy this point, as it is a valid point that most people just show the negatives and never actually make any point beyond "I hate juu!".

Suzaku flaws:
- He is a hypocrite
- He believes that his belief is better than everyone elses.
- Subsequently he will try and persuade anyone to abandon their point of view and follow his.
- He has godhax and annoying plot devices that keep him alive.
- He is the generic hero or character that seems to always 'do the right thing'.

Suzaku's boons:
- He... saves people (who happen to need saving due to him fighting).
- He drops the bull shit in episode 25 and is an actual soldier.
- He is a nice guy and not so hypocritical when being a normal student.
- He genuinely cares for his friends.

Thats what I've got for him. His positives are lacking in potency in comparison to how bad his flaws are. He just comes off as a character you don't really want to like. The more the plot devices and the larger his ego goes, the more you come to hate his 'white character'. Beyond his father's murder, he is a completely flat character with no real... well character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Those who blindly attack those with their own views, by just saying they are maniacs, is also part of the laughing stock of the forums. I will agree that some people are crusaders, but others have valid points about why his character simply sucks. In the world of Geass he is a bad character, in any other show he'd be the main hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
Woot!!!!!!! we are maniacs!!!!!!. Lol he just said you cant judge a person yet you judge the suzaku haters. Your one of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I'll be waiting. ^^;
I will as well, reading those discussions is always fun.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 10:25   Link #714
Juvyniled

I'm not saying people shouldn't hate or not pass judgment on him; by all means, it's warranted. His personality is rather bland for some and his character annoying for others. I'm just saying people should reserve opinions as opinions and use facts to support them, not develop facts out of opinions.
Old 2007-08-07, 10:26   Link #715
Var
Banned

Quote:
I'm not saying people shouldn't hate or not pass judgment on him; by all means, it's warranted. His personality is rather bland for some and his character annoying for others. I'm just saying people should reserve opinions as opinions and use facts to support them, not develop facts out of opinions.
That is how people usually think though. If its not following the masses, its sculpting your own beliefs to that of the masses. Humans...
Old 2007-08-07, 10:32   Link #716
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
That is how people usually think though. If its not following the masses, its sculpting your own beliefs to that of the masses. Humans...
Lol. That's a pretty unilateral way of viewing things. It's like saying that we're either with you or against you.
Old 2007-08-07, 10:59   Link #717
Var
Banned

Quote:
Lol. That's a pretty unilateral way of viewing things. It's like saying that we're either with you or against you.
Well, it was a generalization, a large one. With this argument, it basically is either with or against you.
Old 2007-08-07, 11:03   Link #718
secriden

Suzaku...I really liked him at the beginning of the series. He seemed like such a good guy. But not in a sickening way, you know? But now I just find him confusing. I hate that he's got this self-righteous attitude when it comes to Zero, but at the same time, he's also feeling extremely betrayed as his bestfriend was the one who killed the love of his life. On top of that, he thinks that Lelouch used the Geass to make Euphemia kill those people out of spite; he doesn't know that it was an accident. Lelouch didn't exactly try to explain either.

I think Suzaku might be mentally unstable, actually. I mean, like, clinically mad. Because he seems to have these drastic mood swings. Like he can't decide if he should be "goody-two-shoes!Suzaku" or "FuriousAndHomicidal!Suzaku".

But if I'm going to excuse Lelouch's behavior, then I have to do the same for Suzaku. After all, when you think about it, the both of them believe the things they believe because of their fathers.

The main reason why Lelouch is so fixated with taking down Britannia is because he believes that Nunally will never be safe in a world where his father is ruler because of his (father's) views that the strong rule and the weak get tossed aside.

Suzaku was beaten by his father so (I'm guessing this) that might be why he believed his father was wrong. And if his father was wrong, then the opposite must be right. Hence his keeping so defiantly to the belief that one must change the system from the inside. Part of it is also his justifying himself, naturally, but Lelouch is also justifying his actions (and the innocent lives lost) because to both of them, the ends justify the means.

On a completely different subject, did anyone find episodes 24 and 25 rather...choppy? It felt extremely rushed when you compare it to the other episodes somehow. For me, anyway. There seemed to be a lot of 'jumps' in the time line. Like one second this is happening and then the next scene, you can tell that more than a couple of minutes must have passed....

Last edited by secriden; 2007-08-07 at 11:19.
Old 2007-08-07, 11:04   Link #719
ElecNinja

But there's always the guy who either doesn't care or sees both sides.
Making it four choices.
XD
ElecNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 11:18   Link #720
secriden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElecNinja View Post
But there's always the guy who either doesn't care or sees both sides.
Making it four choices.
XD
XD

I think you'll find that people in the former category don't bother to actually post the fact that they "don't care".