Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-07, 10:28   Link #1281
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
*cough**chokes* but tbh i dont like seeing this side of mawari...goddamit shes losing her composure all too often >.>
LOL mawari never had any composure, she's got her whistle, her rules and a huge pack of enforcers at her beck and call. Until epi 18 I never respected her rules

In regards to does she have a chance... I think she now has the second highest chance of all the girls, as she actually got confessed to. Even if it wasn't in Nagasumi's eyes a real confession, he realised it sounded like one, so basically if she acts weird in front of him, he will know why. Now how it will pan out is anyone's guess.

Personally I don't think any of the girls have a chance against San and either they get rid of her, or they join her in a harem is the only way they will end up with Nagasumi.
Old 2007-08-07, 12:06   Link #1282
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah harem is just about the only way. It's one of those situations where you know the other girls don't have a snowballs chance. But I think it could all work out just fine. San with Akeno, Mawari with Kai (heck I've heard crazier), and Nagasumi with Runa. Everyone ends satisfied, ok now back to reality for a moment.
Old 2007-08-07, 12:17   Link #1283
TigerII
Pilot in Training

^^^ I would accept that ending...lol.

I was hoping more would develope between Mawari and Kai. That would have gotten both of them out of the candidates for both Nagasumi and San.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 14:17   Link #1284
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

SnH reaffirms my belief that Nagasumi is one of the rare few male leads from Love Comedies that can qualify for SaiGAR (instead of "All-Time Losers").

Cheers.
Old 2007-08-07, 14:44   Link #1285
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
SnH reaffirms my belief that Nagasumi is one of the rare few male leads from Love Comedies that can qualify for SaiGAR (instead of "All-Time Losers").
so very true. In fact this year there are many male leads that are very good and not the losers we see so often.
Old 2007-08-07, 18:52   Link #1286
gordok

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
lol his body is getting harder that water attack can even break a tree
[Warning!!--The following gets very grim. And it also falls into the category of taking SnH Way Too Seriously.]

It's always possible Maki's weapon has a "limited range"--that her water bullets lose their impact power through air resistance. However, Maki probably knows the limitations/capabilities of her shell very well.

So, it think it more likely Maki was going for an "outing", rather than a direct kill. Recall that, with an outing, Akeno is practically just as dead, either via mermaid law, capture by humans, or an emergency seppuku.

(Why do I mention seppuku? Mermaid society seems to be an offshoot of Japanese society; therefore, seppuku may still be a viable social practice. Hence, from Akeno's viewpoint: Seppuku minimizes casualties amongst the humans (who might otherwise be killed under mermaid law); it attones for her own violation of mermaid law; and it prevents her from spilling information to the humans (if captured). Plus, she has her sword available.)

Anyhow--critical to Maki's attack would be not being IDed at the scene. Given her small size, she could manage a stealthy attack, and she did take position outside the notional range of Akeno's sword. However, a direct kill by Maki would leave (water bullet) holes in Akeno's body; hence, Maki would be implicated via forensics.

If Maki goes for an outing instead, the water falling on on Akeno could have come from "anywhere". Maki is left in the clear, and the blame/responsibility for being revealed as a mermaid falls on Akeno. (I suppose there could be a small chemical trace in the water, consistent with the calcium in Maki's shell--but who is going to look for that?)

Fortunately, Nagasumi is around at the critical time. . .but then the question becomes, "Why does Maki attack anyway?"

It may not be mere foolishness on Maki's part, but a misjudgement about Nagasumi. Consider: From Episode 3, we know Maki wants to protect San and would kill for her; From Episode 13, we know the Seto clan members want to protect San and would kill for her. Maki knows Nagasumi wants to protect San, and has fought for her in the past. . .therefore, like Maki herself and the rest of the Setos, why wouldn't he kill (or let be killed) someone like Akeno, who is a threat to San?

A follow-up question is then, "Why does Maki stop attacking when Mawari and Iinchou show up?" My best guess is that Maki was concerned about being spotted at that point. Up to then, only Akeno (who is going to be too dead to testify) and Nagasumi (who is problamatic) can see Maki. The other (human) witnesses haven't climbed the stairs.
gordok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 21:11   Link #1287
Painkiller
Shining Star

The only disappointing part with episode 18 would be Luna wasn't there.
Painkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 23:00   Link #1288
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah harem is just about the only way. It's one of those situations where you know the other girls don't have a snowballs chance. But I think it could all work out just fine. San with Akeno, Mawari with Kai (heck I've heard crazier), and Nagasumi with Runa. Everyone ends satisfied, ok now back to reality for a moment.
At this point, realistically it's pretty much San or no one for Nagasumi. They've flat-out said that they want to be together, and all the other "contenders" have an out story-wise. It's pretty clear there's at least something going on between Mawari and Kai, although the most recent "confession" might derail that a bit. Nagasumi has said he can see himself and Akeno as friends, and Luna knows about San & Nagasumi, although that hasn't stopped her from still trying. Still, I can't imagine her being *that* upset about a San & Nagasumi ending, out of everyone, she should have seen it coming.

I'd have to agree that male leads in the "romance comedy/drama/harem" world have been pretty good as of late. As for Nagasumi, while he often seems bewildered by the crazy world of mermaid yakuza he's found himself in, he always manages to pull through in the end without being a total loser along the way.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 05:13   Link #1289
grey_moon

I'm just glad he has over come his masa fetish. Actually maybe that kiss gave him the backbone that we just don't normally see in a harem male lead.
Old 2007-08-08, 06:52   Link #1290
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
At this point, realistically it's pretty much San or no one for Nagasumi...

...he always manages to pull through in the end without being a total loser along the way.
i agree on both accounts
facing the facts there isnt anything much left for the other girls to do besides to stand in the spot light and look pretty ~ that is just how solid nagasumi's relationship with san is right not...we can expect some wavering thoughts but in the end nagasumi will remember how much he owes san no matter what trouble they get into
nagasumi is an awsome male lead for this type of genre! close to being flawless :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 13:57   Link #1291
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
lol his body is getting harder that water attack can even break a tree

Maki wasn't trying to kill her directly, she was trying to turn her into a Mermaid, have people see, and be killed for exposing herself.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 21:15   Link #1292
Fang taichou

Nagasumi has survived having Mikawa's submarine ram his genitals while he was in Godzilla mode, I don't think there's anything else that can kill him besides San telling/ordering him to die (San's dad failed, Shark Fujishiro, Maki, Octopus Nakajima, Mikawa + his weapons, Luna's dad...plus future characters :P )

The preview for Ep. 19 gives me the impression that Nagasumi gets thrown in as one of the cast for Luna's show, wonder if its a romance so she can steal him away from San?
Fang taichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 22:16   Link #1293
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang taichou View Post
The preview for Ep. 19 gives me the impression that Nagasumi gets thrown in as one of the cast for Luna's show, wonder if its a romance so she can steal him away from San?
If that is the show, then he is going to have his hands full with all the jealous fanboys
Old 2007-08-09, 03:20   Link #1294
gordok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
^^^ I would accept that ending...lol.

I was hoping more would develope between Mawari and Kai. That would have gotten both of them out of the candidates for both Nagasumi and San.
If it happens, Mawari x Kai could depend on whether the anime writers want to tie things up with this season, or leave things open-ended.

(There's enough SnH manga material for a second season, and my August Newtype USA (Page 156) reports SnH as (currently) #20 of "Most Popular Anime" (a list that includes Evangelion, Meloncholy of Haruhi, etc.) . . .so, a second season is not necessarily unreasonable, if that popularity has been reflected in viewership.)

Hmmm. . .I did think it interesting that Akeno asked Kai to sing for her. A bit of a joke of course--i.e., whalesong. Still, it's an usual request, unless the requester has an "interest" in another person.

Given Kai's connections (finances and power), and depending on where Akeno wants to spend her future "domestic" life (on land or sea), I suppose she figures she could do worse.

Of course, it's unlikely right now, given Kai's preference for San.

Also, Mawari x Kai might give the story a bit more symmetry: The Sea Folk gave us one "gal" (San); perhaps it's only fitting we give one back (Mawari).
gordok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 06:00   Link #1295
grey_moon

Isn't Kai a heir of a "group" and isn't Mawari the arch enemy of such groups?
Old 2007-08-09, 06:51   Link #1296
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Kai is heir to a legit company isn't he?
Old 2007-08-09, 07:08   Link #1297
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

A legit company that apparently has dealing with rather shady groups!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 07:15   Link #1298
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Lol, don't most companies do that...
Old 2007-08-09, 07:25   Link #1299
grey_moon

I hope they make an omake of Mawari's reaction when she becomes an inspector and then is able to see all those portfolio of all the groups. I can imagine the shock of lots of her class mates being suspected family members. Would she gate crash Nagasumi's wedding to save him from being married to the mob
Old 2007-08-09, 07:32   Link #1300
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Lol, don't most companies do that...
I don't know. I'd think there'd be more buffers between the super-rich Mikawa and the low level country boss Seto. Or is Seto more important than he looks? He's rubbing shoulders with Luna's father, too, who appears pretty rich and powerful.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic, comedy, fantasy, gonzo, romance, shounen