AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 65 29.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 28.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 8.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.91%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 4.09%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-13, 01:25   Link #401
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
She used the Windcutter. Remember what Jeanne said, her specialty is to draw her sword cut and resheath faster than the eye can see. When she fights, all you see is her hand on the sword and monsters dying without any apparent cause.
Playing the devil here.. what if the anime decided to glorified Clare and dumbdowned Flora?

Thus, the omitted comments regarding the piece size?

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-08-13, 06:50   Link #402
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
@ xVxObliVioNxVx

Great points! Definitely great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
The problem for most people about Raki is he is too normal and got away with Claire and Priscillia's affection.

A clue to all, noticed that he is already able to swing a sword that is meant to be used by adult warriors in such tender age. Not as big and long as Claymore's but quite huge for human standard.

That's a hint to how powerful he will be in the future.

Yeah. Raki is just human, but he is definitely growing up and becoming stronger. A good way to comprove is comparing him at the begginning of the series and nowadays.

At the begginning (eps.1), he was outcast from his village and almost died in a sandstorm at the desert. Now he can walk freely and survive not only sandstorms in deserts, but in snow storms at the north too. And all alone!

Besides, Ophelia already stated he is stronger than he looks... for a human, of course.

Clare is turning him into a man!
Old 2007-08-13, 06:54   Link #403
Kazidoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
If one cannot complain about the qualities of a fictional character, what would be the point of even discussing works of fiction in the first place? If one can praise, one should also be allowed to complain. All of your points have already been addressed plenty of times, if you're going to complain about others, at least bring something new to the table. Yes, Raki has a reason to complain. Yes, he's young, and he's only human. Yes, he's Clare's emotional outlet. This has all been brought up already, people hate him for other reasons as well.
Your point is? Whoops, there isn't one because I never said people couldn't complain about fictional characters.
The irony! You're complaining about me supposedly complaining about people who complain about a character they feel complains too much...and then you say my post doesn't bring anything new to the table. I dunno about you, but this seems incredibly lame to me. And what's funny is that I'm doing the same by replying to you! Isn't there a saying for this? "Only a fool will be provoked by a fool?". Something like that, anyway. However, so be it. If I must be a fool I will at least attempt to end this trivial garbage because it is nothing short of embarrassing.

To be blunt...stop acting like a child. You immediately got on your high horse and started spouting off crap that had nothing to do with the discussion. "If one can praise, one should also be allowed to complain." Nowhere did I say otherwise and by saying this you are contradicting yourself. So we're allowed to praise and complain but not in response to the praises and complaints of others? This is the typically immature view of children. "I don't like it when you disagree with me so shut up!". If someone overrates a character people have the right to be annoyed and if someone underrates a character others will defend what they think about the character in question. You see, this is what we call a difference of opinions. If I believe Raki is a great character and someone thinks otherwise both parties have the right to defend their opinion. This is what we call a "debate". To promote equal discussion and constructive criticism there could have been a response to my post by a Raki hater who could convincingly back up his opinion and that could have lead rise to an interesting debate. That did not happen and instead this thread has been polluted by an entirely redundant matter.

This is obviously going nowhere so I recommend that we both drop it. It is your opinion that my post was useless. It is my opinion that your post is useless. This is the Claymore episode 19 discussion thread, not the "your-opinion-vs-my-opinion" thread. To get back on topic, I liked this episode as a manga reader. I usually skim through the fights scenes because I can't imagine them very well on paper. Although, some things are best left in the manga and changed for the anime. The talking in midair scene comes to mind. Why not start talking in midair, strike, and continue on the ground? Saying everything in midair works in the manga when you're reading it but when voice actors have to say everything out loud it's a lot more awkward and time consuming. Minor gripes aside 8/10 seems about right for this episode.
Old 2007-08-13, 07:18   Link #404
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
The problem for most people about Raki is he is too normal and got away with Claire and Priscillia's affection.

A clue to all, noticed that he is already able to swing a sword that is meant to be used by adult warriors in such tender age. Not as big and long as Claymore's but quite huge for human standard.

That's a hint to how powerful he will be in the future.
So? A sword like that only weighs a couple of kilograms at most. If it's just one or two swings (two handed, at that), a six years old kid could do it.
Old 2007-08-13, 11:34   Link #405
eve13

if you dont know episode 19 is already out so enjoy ^O^ and is not that good clare like always surprisse every body by killing the yoma with the helpe of a friend but she was the heroine
Old 2007-08-13, 15:14   Link #406
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

I think that raki's strength is of little importance compared to his blind luck, since him surviving up till now as pretty much hinged on it for most of the series. I mean what would happen if he suddenly ran out of luck, it wouldmean the end for raki and a snack for Isley/Priscilla

P.S-I finally got a cool screen avatar going WOOT!!!
Old 2007-08-13, 15:19   Link #407
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
OMG if he was a snack fir Ishley/Priscillia That Would Be Wonderful But The Raki Fans Would Make an Uproar

And Congrats On The Avatar
Old 2007-08-13, 19:10   Link #408
HSeeker25

My thoughts.

faults in this series.

Undines second sword had deneves symbol.

Undine cheecks arent bleeding anymore when they cut of the AB head of, yet they bleed again when she talked to Miria ?

Miria put her sword behind her back, then when undine talked to her , her sword disapeared from her back ?

Lots of "name here" chan was anoying.

Face expresion was very low quality (i guese the artist that did clare+raki kissing did this episode)

Overall kinda disapointed, i give it a 6
Old 2007-08-13, 20:54   Link #409
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSeeker25 View Post
My thoughts.

faults in this series.

Undine cheecks arent bleeding anymore when they cut of the AB head of, yet they bleed again when she talked to Miria ?

Miria put her sword behind her back, then when undine talked to her , her sword disapeared from her back ?

Face expresion was very low quality (i guese the artist that did clare+raki kissing did this episode)

hhmm to pick the little falults out like that just doesn't make for good watching, thats why I always ingore the faults(unless its huge, or story wise)and just enjoy watching. Now I do admit it seems the quality has dropped abit, but as I've always said "its anime, just go with the flow"
Old 2007-08-14, 00:19   Link #410
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSeeker25 View Post
My thoughts.

faults in this series.

To tell the truth. Those faults happened in many of previous episodes too. It just that I didn't want to nitpick it to ruin my enjoyment.
Old 2007-08-14, 00:25   Link #411
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Its called QUALITY.

Those mistakes probably get fixed for the DVD version.. So no worries there ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-08-14, 01:05   Link #412
maian330
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Its called QUALITY.

Those mistakes probably get fixed for the DVD version.. So no worries there ^^
I dunno... I'm pretty sure DVD ep 1 didn't improve animations at all.
Old 2007-08-14, 01:49   Link #413
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Animation may not be improve on.. but for some glaring mistakes that pointed by (ie Undine's 2nd sword's symbol) might get fix for DVD releases.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-08-14, 04:33   Link #414
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I dunno, the DVD sure look better and sharper plus I can see what is going on in dark scenes. Just my nitpicks.
Old 2007-08-14, 05:55   Link #415
Taylor_Maclaurin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazidoom View Post
I'm starting to think all the Raki haters dislike him because he reminds them too much of themselves. "He's annoying and all he does it whine!" Look at yourself, whining about a fictional character...he's supposed to be a kid anyway, not invincible shonen hero #487. How would you have reacted if your parents were eaten alive in front of your eyes when you were 12 or whatever. Believe it or not, not every guy has to be a badass with spiky air carrying a sword bigger than himself. Raki's role in the beginning was to connect on an emotional level with Clare as a child looking up to someone he respected, trusted and depended upon.

If you have trouble understanding basic emotions and how relationships work in real life perhaps Claymore isn't the right manga/anime for you.

Kazidoom you deserved for a crate of beer. One of the few really sensible opinions. Echoes has been utterly destroyed :].
Old 2007-08-14, 07:03   Link #416
Kai Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by maian330 View Post
I do find it pretty interesting that most people would go a lot easier on Raki if he were a girl. Says something about our stereotypes
That is absolutely true, if Raki was Rachel and some cute innocent little girl everyone would give into moe madness, and if this girl was a little older people would be going yuri crazy.

We should post pictures of Raki's theoretical replacement
Old 2007-08-14, 08:35   Link #417
SebaZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by maian330 View Post
I dunno... I'm pretty sure DVD ep 1 didn't improve animations at all.
nothing to improve really, ep1 is the better animated episode till now
Old 2007-08-14, 10:12   Link #418
blackmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Robin View Post
That is absolutely true, if Raki was Rachel and some cute innocent little girl everyone would give into moe madness, and if this girl was a little older people would be going yuri crazy.

We should post pictures of Raki's theoretical replacement
> if this girl was a little older
wait, why is this a pre-condition??

no picture, but imagining Raki as Potemayo usually makes me laugh, except those times it is painfully true, then i cry.
Old 2007-08-14, 10:40   Link #419
Ejinathan
pro lumberjack

Undine made me take the choice of cosplaying in her for Japan Expo next year in Paris hehe. I like her "big boys" talk .

I don't really check the mistakes. I'm more the kind of artist who checks the feeling quality.
Even tough i gave a 10 because it was a cool combat.

Last edited by Ejinathan; 2007-08-15 at 06:47.
Old 2007-09-30, 09:10   Link #420
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Scene 19 - The War in the North, Part II

I have been rewatching again the entire series now that it has concluded.

I really despise myself for not rating and discussing this episode by the time it was broadcasted.

In my opinion, they displayed quite visually the abilities of that lizard AO. I can't help myself to analyze that they altered a distinctive effect that only happened in the manga.
Spoiler:

The fun didn't last long for him with Deneve and Clare springing into the stage and getting shocked that didn't awakened right after using his yoki manipulation on them.

An important event of drama was Raki at another town scrutinizing the grave markers of deceased Claymores to make sure Clare's alive.
Spoiler:

I liked as well how scenes shifted from Clare having nostalgic thoughts about Raki on Pieta to another town with him as well thinking about her; the path of those two intertwined by fate.
Closed Thread