Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-16, 18:51   Link #21
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBorn View Post
I'm going to be a bit cautious here... for every game I've seen hyped for the 360 it's turned out I haven't really liked it. even if I liked previous games in the series. shrug, I'm prolly still gunna end up buying it though.
Well technically its not a 360 title to begin with.

As I mentioned the game was originally developed for PC but obviously somebodies pulled some strings in order to get it launched on 360 instead first with the PC release trailing some distance behind.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 13:41   Link #22
arcadeplayer987

The game was developed for PC and it will have better features than for console, this is why is been released on 360 first
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 13:54   Link #23
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Well technically its not a 360 title to begin with.

As I mentioned the game was originally developed for PC but obviously somebodies pulled some strings in order to get it launched on 360 instead first with the PC release trailing some distance behind.
You know its releasing on 360 and PC the same day.... Both come out on the 21st

Take a look...First Two...21st
Old 2007-08-17, 14:09   Link #24
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Ah then thats nice then last I checked it wasn't so, of course thats been some time.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 14:28   Link #25
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

I don't get why there's so much 360/PC fanboying going on about this game when they're pretty much going to be exactly the same thing coming out at the exact same time.

Anyway, I gave in and played the demo. I'd have to say that the enjoyment you get out of the gameplay depends on how creative you are with your weapons and the environment. My first time through I played it like any generic FPS, and it sort of felt that way (this probably has to do with the spilcers just having melee weapons/weaker firearms at this point in the game more than anything else). An example of how crazy you can get in the demo would be if I were to lure a group of enemies to a hacked turret, use the incinerate plasmid to weaken them further during their confusion, and then as they're panicing and running for water I'd shock their charred gullible asses right after they dive in a puddle. Making elaborate traps in the game will probably be how a lot of people will play.

The AI was definitely pretty cool with the splicers running around unpredicatably and even running away from the combat when they got hurt. If you're on the fence for whether or not you should play the demo, my advice is that you should. Not much plotwise is really given away, and if you've been following the game like I have, It's pretty much what you've seen in videos. No plasmids/weapons besides electrobolt, incinerate, wrench, pistol, and a machinegun (which you probably won't get that early in the retail game), and no enemies besides splicers and turrets if you get caught by the security cam.
Rotton the Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 16:18   Link #26
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton the Wizard View Post
I don't get why there's so much 360/PC fanboying going on about this game when they're pretty much going to be exactly the same thing coming out at the exact same time.
I honestly dont know...It was made for both systems. Both are the lead system to speak. They had to two works on it for that very reason.
Both are releasing on the same day...both have the collectors edition.
PC comes with everything to be expected and same with the 360 version. There was no...secret deal or anything like that.
Old 2007-08-17, 16:44   Link #27
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkon View Post
It's not a sequel to the System Shock games. The gameplay, atmosphere etc... will no doubt be similar but it's a different setting in an entirely different universe (unless stuff in the game hints otherwise). They've already said as much what with the whole "spiritual successor to system shock" line they rolled out when this game was first announced a few years back.

As far as I'm aware EA hold the system shock license so whether it's re-released is entirely up to them.
Actually, it is the sequel to SystemShock.
...i think?
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 01:48   Link #28
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Actually, it is the sequel to SystemShock.
...i think?
No it isnt...Its a Spiritual Successor. In a sense...They can not get the licensed for system shock. So they do a game in the style of that.
its what every FF game you can say is. Not a sequel...But kind of the same. Its hard to put it into words
Old 2007-08-18, 08:37   Link #29
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

A message from Ken Levine himself:

"If you're going to buy the game this week, I highly recommend you stay away from any forums that might have spoilers until you play the game through. Our goal in making the game was to thrill and, often, surprise you.

Please don't ruin other people's experience by revealing secrets in unmarked threads, and if you want to enjoy the game to its fullest, stay away from any threads that might ruin the fun for you. With a game like BioShock, it will really make a difference."

Best,

Ken

I doubt this thread would end up with spoilers, but it looks like I'm going to have to stay away from the internet for a while....
Rotton the Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 12:23   Link #30
Ending

That's the gist of it. Instead of trying to make everyone do like you want (e.g: use spoiler-tags at the threat of ban, like in certain places), it's better to change only your own behaviour and skip the topics until finishing the game/movie/book/whatnot.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 13:48   Link #31
cloak211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
No it isnt...Its a Spiritual Successor. In a sense...They can not get the licensed for system shock. So they do a game in the style of that.
its what every FF game you can say is. Not a sequel...But kind of the same. Its hard to put it into words
A successor with the same setting as the predecessor, yet does not continue the original plot of it. Is that what you mean?

Anyways, I find this game to be some sort of combination of Deus Ex and Dark messiah..... and I love both of those games. Truly one of my most anticipated games.
cloak211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 13:48   Link #32
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton the Wizard View Post
I doubt this thread would end up with spoilers, but it looks like I'm going to have to stay away from the internet for a while....
When I have Bioshock, I'm not going to want to be on the internet anyway.
Old 2007-08-18, 15:46   Link #33
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
When I have Bioshock, I'm not going to want to be on the internet anyway.
Same for me.
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 19:19   Link #34
Kaai
Da WomanBasher

I've heard you can kill kids in this game?

Anyone know anthing bout that?

it would be pretty daft.. >: D
Kaai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 01:56   Link #35
arkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak211 View Post
A successor with the same setting as the predecessor, yet does not continue the original plot of it. Is that what you mean?

Anyways, I find this game to be some sort of combination of Deus Ex and Dark messiah..... and I love both of those games. Truly one of my most anticipated games.
It's not really the same setting either tbh. I guess the FF analogy sort of works. There are elements between the games that are similar but there's no real relationship outside of those similarities.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 20:36   Link #36
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaai View Post
I've heard you can kill kids in this game?

Anyone know anthing bout that?

it would be pretty daft.. >: D
Early stages would have you either choosing to save the Little Sisters or kill them (To harvest ADAM).

However, due to some 'uneasiness' of this, they had to change it so no, you can't kill them. (You still harvest ADAM but I'm not sure how that works but you defintely cannot gun them down).

EDIT: Downloaded the Demo

7600 GT KO
4600+AMD dual Core
2GB ram

On high settings? The game runs smoothly and I'm using an old Nvidian driver (94 because the new ones screw up my resolution so I'm waiting for a new one).

The only time it slows down (FPS wise) is when I'm being assaulted by dozens of people but generally speaking it's not too bad. I thought my computer wouldn't run it well.

DEMO: You get a pistol, machine gun, and two plasmids; electro and incinerate.

Electro's useful for water combat when the enemies are in the water (And there's a lot of times they are in the water). Incinerate's useful when there's flammable material around.

The AI is also interesting as they try and rush you before falling back and trying again. I think I got lucky in most cases. Most of the time when the opportunity presented itself I went in with backup (By hacking the security systems).

The setting is also very very disturbing. The inhabitants are all messed up and deranged (Talk to themselves a lot).

Oh and the little sisters and Big Daddys are something you do not mess with unless you are serious(You don't fight them in this demo but you do see one in action).

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2007-08-20 at 15:57.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 23:46   Link #37
cloak211

I played the Demo. I expected the game to have more RPG elements, but it is still a great title. I somehow predict that a Deus Ex mod will be made on this.... Just... somehow.

Edit: Oh, it's made on the Unreal Engine aswell, isn't it?
cloak211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 03:19   Link #38
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

PC Demo is out!!!

So Awesome...It even blew out someones computer
Old 2007-08-21, 04:01   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
A friend of mine talks about this game daily. From what I gather you need to kill pimps and either save or kill lolis as well to get the blood of the first human being.

Actually I know what it's about and it sounds fun enough, but I can't shake the feeling that the saturation of FPS's on the XBOX and XBOX360 as well as the PC doesn't make the game stand out much beyond that I hear it's like System Shock, which I never played, but hear is popular. So.......yeah, I'm sure I'll have the chance to witness the demo in coming weeks at a friends house, but I don't get why I should want to invest in a new graphic card (Actually my 6100 may hit the minimum considering it actually sounds more powerful than the 6600) and a RAM Upgrade to play this game, when I could just play Half Life 2 or something. Half Life 2 also proves you can have an amazing looking game, with a great physics engine and lots of scenario flexibility, that doesn't require you to have the latest graphics card, ram and processor (even back in the day). There's no excuse for what some games are requiring these days, it's not necessary to push the maximum specs with each new game in order for it to be good. There's so many FPS to choose from out there.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-08-21 at 04:13.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 12:50   Link #40
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

It's released guys and gamespot has a review up with a 9/10 score.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote