AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-19, 17:05   Link #361
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Seems one of the girl's dresses up as nine tails in the latest eppy.
Old 2007-08-20, 08:39   Link #362
nmnmyang

but i think the speach of moetan is not real english . when i whath the anime ,i also felt sth wrong within the talking
Old 2007-08-22, 13:02   Link #363
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Apparently the very group doing Moetan, Kedex, seems to have come to the conclusion that the series sucks and had put it on hold for reasons unrelated to this conclusion, but likely to effect later release priorities. So don't expect to anything new from them soon Moetan wise.

On a side note, when did everybody get so damn serious about loli-fanservice comedy (Looking at blogs here and there). All things considered and in my opinion it ain't bad at all for what it is, it has fairly consistent animation and the Ahoge idea is one I have never before in my life seen. Plus it's honestly the only show to make me frequently laugh out loud this season (Not rolling on the floor laughter like Lucky Star does for some very strange people though, but good chuckling laughter), so that's a pretty big feather in it's cap.
Old 2007-08-22, 19:44   Link #364
Omfgbbqwtf

Horrible News.... I think Kedex will eventually drop the series anyway. It seems like there is no other fansub group that is willing to sub Moetan.

Moetan is just too loli and too perverted for people to handle. I am a die-hard loli fan, and I enjoy the series a lot. I think the comedy is well done, but I guess some people just can't overlook on the age 16+ loli scenes..
Old 2007-08-23, 01:18   Link #365
kevin13
Disabled By Request

It won't be dropped, don't worry!

I enjoy it too... It's funny.
Old 2007-08-23, 03:17   Link #366
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omfgbbqwtf View Post
It seems like there is no other fansub group that is willing to sub Moetan.
Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
I see at least one other fansub group doing it.
Also the problem is peoples aren't aware much of loli, afterall there are peoples who go as far as calling anime like Manabi Straight or Sky Girls loli show while none of the main characters happen to be loli characters.
Old 2007-08-23, 04:29   Link #367
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Spoiler for nutting to do with moetan well it reminded me of moetan:
Old 2007-08-23, 14:19   Link #368
Omfgbbqwtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
I see at least one other fansub group doing it.
Also the problem is peoples aren't aware much of loli, afterall there are peoples who go as far as calling anime like Manabi Straight or Sky Girls loli show while none of the main characters happen to be loli characters.
oops, my bad, I almost forgot the other fansubb groups since I always download Kedex's version.

I guess people's standards for loli are very different from mine. Well, I still have high hopes that one day, loli will overtake the world of anime!
Old 2007-08-26, 23:38   Link #369
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omfgbbqwtf View Post
oops, my bad, I almost forgot the other fansubb groups since I always download Kedex's version.

I guess people's standards for loli are very different from mine. Well, I still have high hopes that one day, loli will overtake the world of anime!
Well they don't seem to be doing Moetan anymore either. I wish it wasn't an IRC based group so I could go and look for some info, but I guess Moetan on a serious backburner now.
Old 2007-08-27, 00:33   Link #370
shuin0120
Enpatsu no Christmas Eve

Send a message via Yahoo to shuin0120
i miss this episode although its loli, but i enjoy the comedy it had especially the duck was drooling while our heroine changes hehehe ^^

i hope there is a sub too.
Old 2007-08-27, 06:12   Link #371
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well they don't seem to be doing Moetan anymore either. I wish it wasn't an IRC based group so I could go and look for some info, but I guess Moetan on a serious backburner now.
I'm pretty sure Lolidan still sub moetan and I don't see why they would stop to do so, afterall moetan is the (one and only) loli show of Summer
Old 2007-08-27, 06:13   Link #372
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Kedex is still doing moetan.

There's just been a little delay.
Old 2007-08-27, 11:40   Link #373
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

people should learn to read

Quote:
I AM still planning on continuing this, reluctantly. Though, it will still be delayed since the translator is still busy this week
p.s. do you watch this show in the living room?

this show is just wrong :P
Old 2007-08-27, 12:28   Link #374
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
I've just seen episode 8 (you can look at screenshots at random curiousity for a taste) nd if this is what aired i'm afraid (anxious) to find out what episode 6 (not fit for broadcast?) contains
Old 2007-08-27, 13:11   Link #375
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzfurrball View Post
I've just seen episode 8 (you can look at screenshots at random curiousity for a taste) nd if this is what aired i'm afraid (anxious) to find out what episode 6 (not fit for broadcast?) contains
Given how episode was based on the screenshots, I'm wondering if the episode 6 wasn't just removed not because of content but for some other reason (like make people believe it's ultra erotic or something? )
Because you have to admit episode 8 had lots of fanservices compared to others episodes
Old 2007-08-27, 18:55   Link #376
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

When I first saw screenshots for this eppy on Sunday. I was thinking they went way overboard with the fan service.
Old 2007-08-27, 19:08   Link #377
Omfgbbqwtf

After reading the so called "summary" at Random Curiosity, I guess the producer and the staffs have decided to....F it. I suppose it is a good and bad news to me. More fan services and less story plot and character development ( not that there is any). I wonder what the Japanese viewers think of this anime.
Old 2007-08-27, 23:49   Link #378
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I'm always afraid of Yesy Dropping Nanoha and Polyphonica, cause they're the only ones doing it ^_^. But I know they won't cause those two anime are pretty good.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-08-28, 02:39   Link #379
Mef

chiyochan and chikachan appearing!
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2032.jpg
Old 2007-08-28, 02:54   Link #380
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
I like how the blood manages to cover every single necessary area in the picture. Also Jaalin just named this series his worst series of August, which is strange, although I consider trying to rank about 32 shows a bit of a fiasco and next to impossible. Personally I'd have parred it down to a Top 5 list of favourites, which would allow me to have an easier time at looking at each series in more detail.

Anyway, Moetan? The worst series? I'm going to guess it has something to do with the Lolicon fanservice and it currently being cool to denounce that type of thing from a moral highground, making jokes about Chris Hansen coming to your house (and you know the show does a good enough job at making fun of the viewer for watching it, what with the taunts from Ink and Friends at the end of each episode). Having almost no morals, it doesn't bother me in the least and I can just laugh at it. I don't know, Moetan's still amusing, if pointless, but that's not the point......Wha?

Another theory is that the lack of subs is killing the series, as being forced to watch something raw isn't exactly the most enjoyable experience a viewer can have. Of all the shows this season, I think Moetan has fallen on the hardest times in terms of getting an entire episode cut, and lack of access to it in the west. That's really not the shows fault though so much as the mediums it's being presented in. At this point I don't doubt that the series will ultimately be shredded by the Zac Bertschy types and burned at the stake (Kodomo No Jikan Scandal Lite), but I won't care as long as I eventually get to see more of it.

All this just makes me think of the future and that Kodomo No Jikan (when it airs) is likely screwed right out of the gate, at least in the west. If people can't handle Moetan, then there's no way they're going to be able to handle that.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-08-28 at 03:06.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, ecchi, loli, magical girl