AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 110 44.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 32.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 10.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 7.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.40%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.43%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-22, 12:46   Link #221
xVxObliVioNxVx
Game Developer
*Artist

Don't blame the producers for keeping the anime true to the manga. They did not kill off all these big characters, the creator of the manga did and rightfully so, otherwise the battle would have felt very unrealistic. So big promps to Madhouse for staying true to manga and making it feel far more alive and intense then the way it was in the manga.

I found it very impressive for Rigaldo to go after the top 5 leaders. He recognized immediatly that the reason these Claymores were able to put up such a strong fight is because of great leadership and teamwork. Notice how the whole group started falling apart as Veronica, Jeane, Undine, and Flora were killed. However, remember what Ophelia said, Miria's strength in group battles reaches that of the #1 ranked Alicia. Miria's still alive and currently the most powerful one in that group. So it will be interesting to see how she manages to lead the group while she avoids being killed by Rigaldo. And also, what does she know about Rigaldo? She seems suprised to see him here. Maybe she knows him from the past.

Anyways, amazing episode. Like most people here, I gave it a 10/10.
Old 2007-08-22, 13:01   Link #222
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm guessing any top 5 warrior male/female that have awakened, anyone doing any digging is gonna find out about em. and as Lion-O(he's no Lion King, he's Lion-O on steroids) is more or less the commander of the AB forces, guess its safe to say he was ranked as a top 5 warrior in his time.
Miria seems to a good back knowledge of the ORG and previous warriors, so knowing who it was or why he was there would surprise her.

well since we didn't get a hot springs scene last ep, they are making it up with a nice gore fest
Old 2007-08-22, 13:24   Link #223
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

Well now that our beloved claymores (Flora, Veronica, and Undine) are dead. I suggest we make a "Flora, Veronica and Undine Memorial thread".A tribute to those claymores that we have loved so much, but now are gone T_T *sniff* *sniff*.Please I implore that the thread is made to pay tribute to their memory.
Old 2007-08-22, 13:29   Link #224
strung_out

Send a message via MSN to strung_out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post

@Nezor
No people dying? thats just boring IMO, knowing that anyone will/can die just make it more intresting to wach. Knowing that the heroes always will get stonger and kill everything is just not as intersting. And there cant be a nice tragedy if there is no people dying .
I completely agree with you, it makes the battles a little more unpredictable and keeps everyone on the edge of their seats!

I haven't read the manga yet (I will save the manga after finishing the anime) so I don't know the outcome of this battle but I'm here worrying about Miria, Helen and Deneve just because I don't really know what to expect.

I don't have to worry about Clare though because I'm sure she'll be fine... right???.... right???

Can't wait for the next episode... the wait will be brutal.
Old 2007-08-22, 13:35   Link #225
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
well since we didn't get a hot springs scene last ep, they are making it up with a nice gore fest
A special DVD episode.. you know its going to happen!

Gah, i hope not.
Old 2007-08-22, 13:37   Link #226
Plasoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
Spoiler:
This is what I was thinking also this ep has been very Interesting.
Old 2007-08-22, 13:50   Link #227
Plasoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by strung_out View Post
I completely agree with you, it makes the battles a little more unpredictable and keeps everyone on the edge of their seats!

I haven't read the manga yet (I will save the manga after finishing the anime) so I don't know the outcome of this battle but I'm here worrying about Miria, Helen and Deneve just because I don't really know what to expect.

I don't have to worry about Clare though because I'm sure she'll be fine... right???.... right???

Can't wait for the next episode... the wait will be brutal.

That's exactly what I'm going to do is finish watching the Claymore Anime then I will begin to read the manga I did that also with berserk that way I wont keep comparing it all the time and spoiling it for myself if some parts are the same.
Old 2007-08-22, 13:55   Link #228
NezoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
@Nezor
No people dying? thats just boring IMO, knowing that anyone will/can die just make it more intresting to wach. Knowing that the heroes always will get stonger and kill everything is just not as intersting. And there cant be a nice tragedy if there is no people dying .
Do not misunderstand what I'm saying. I said that I prefer Claymore to Bleach, because although Bleach is great, having no one die is a bit unrealistic and boring. So, IMO, Claymore > Bleach. As for the Raki haters, I see you have not gotten over the fact that Claire kissed him, Huh? Stop being so jealous. If anyone should be hated it's the Thundercat. He's the one who killed those beautiful Claymores, not Raki.
Old 2007-08-22, 13:55   Link #229
Hikapo

This Anime will be a roller coaster ride for people that havent read the manga or read the forums about it.

Not only will it create a great suspense, intensity for them, the story is unpredictable.

I was watching up to episode 8 and I was like wtf just happened. That was the time i came to forums to read stuff. Too bad forum has many spoilers and hints. So it kinda kills the suspense for people that read the forums.

Therefore, it's advisable for people watching this anime to avoid reading forums and the manga!!!!!
Old 2007-08-22, 13:57   Link #230
Mentar
Banned

Hmmmm :->

To be honest, I was curious about the hissing in this channel when things turned sour and beloved characters started dropping like flies... so that's how it goes.

Now that it's clear that we're headed towards an original ending, it will be interesting to see how they plan to resolve everything. I hope that the anime will soon start to divert so much that it leaves the manga track completely. Would make for an interesting finish!
Old 2007-08-22, 14:03   Link #231
strung_out

Send a message via MSN to strung_out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasoul View Post
That's exactly what I'm going to do is finish watching the Claymore Anime then I will begin to read the manga I did that also with berserk that way I wont keep comparing it all the time and spoiling it for myself if some parts are the same.
Same here, I did the very same thing for Berserk! I couldn't leave that story with how the anime ended. I agree with the spoiling of some parts by reading the manga though, I like seeing them in motion first... I can't really say why.

Really looking forward to the manga for Claymore, and if the manga is ongoing just like berserk... I hope they come out with more episodes after the 26 they have in mind!
Old 2007-08-22, 14:06   Link #232
NezoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikapo View Post
Therefore, it's advisable for people watching this anime to avoid reading forums and the manga!!!!!
I totally and absolutely agree. I've never read the manga (wont anytime soon) and I tread very carefully through the threads here.
Old 2007-08-22, 14:08   Link #233
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
First, yes I get people die in war. This is not some shocking mystery of the universe that has snuck under my nose and completely surprised me. Just thought I'd toss that in before hand.

Hopefully Miria has some kind of plan cooking in her head since right now they are in deep trouble here. At best she's got the fab 4 and some fodder against this guy and an army outside. She should be able to keep ahead of his attacks for a while but still winning is going to take some kind of miracle. Have to pray here since we've already seen a ton of devastation.

Wasn't surprised by Jean going down but still didn't make that easy. Her straight forward striking had me nervous ever since that fight with Dauf and it ended up costing her this time. Sadly you build up bonds with these characters as time goes on. Just how you get more connected with the story so when they go down you feel the loss. I guess it's possible for some to not care or not get attached. But if I didn't care it wouldn't be as good to watch.

A real concern can be Clare keeping her head. We're running out of people who have time to slam her face into the ground to cool her off. So now we'll have to see what happens next here.
Old 2007-08-22, 14:12   Link #234
xVxObliVioNxVx
Game Developer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hmmmm :->

To be honest, I was curious about the hissing in this channel when things turned sour and beloved characters started dropping like flies... so that's how it goes.

Now that it's clear that we're headed towards an original ending, it will be interesting to see how they plan to resolve everything. I hope that the anime will soon start to divert so much that it leaves the manga track completely. Would make for an interesting finish!
What gives you the indecation that the anime is heading towards an original ending? So far, the anime has faithfully fallowed the manga, and I see no indecation that the anime is going for an original ending. It may, but I hope it doesn't. I am hoping for a cliffhanger.
Old 2007-08-22, 14:20   Link #235
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Oh. My. Vicious and brutal. And confirms my expectations about the level of violence vs those who worried they'd tone it down.

Hearing the initial death count (3 AOs vs 5 Claymores), I could imagine that a prolonged battle with the 27 AOs would probably end in almost complete mutual annihilation. However Rigardo and Easley can't afford to toss away almost the entirety of their forces, so it certainly makes sense for Rigardo to make his move.

The first Claymore Rigardo killed confused me because she never stood out as a memorable character, and thus I didn't make the connection about who he was going after, even though it should have been obvious. Seeing Undine go down was a bit of a shock. Jean was unfortunately rather predictable; her attack is extremely direct, and without being hemmed in, Rigardo is free to dodge and counter. Flora... wow. Nasty, and no getting up from that one.

My only hope is that Jean pulls a Deneve since she was just speared through the gut (just the way Deneve was, in fact). And maybe a touching moment where Clare quits playing the headstrong fool long enough to encourage Jean to make the Awaken/De-Awaken transition.

As for those comments about Raki not being able to kill Priscilla -- get real. It's one thing to swing a sword at a monster trying to eat you (the AO in the Ophelia ep), or swing a sword to protect someone you care about (Ophelia), but to kill someone who appears to be human in cold blood from the back? He's not some hardened assassin. He's still just a kid.

First he makes the connection that she's a yoma. But recall that his brother, while trying to eat him, was crying due to the memories he retained. Can he be entirely sure that there's not something still worth saving in there? Then he's told that she's not just a yoma, but an AO, formerly human. Thus it's not even just memories that have been carried over by the yoma eating a human, but the actual original human being itself.

She's crying and calling for mama and papa, and apparently quite upset about what she's doing, but continuing because she has to. Of course Raki is going to try to comfort her, to try to bring her back to being fully human. It's a similar reaction to the Rabona incident, when Clare was in danger of losing herself.

Now, as to Raki's actual motivations and why he reacts this way, that's a bit more difficult to judge. It's just sort of presented a de facto aspect of his personality. Still, for who he is presented to be, this does seem to be the proper way for him to act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVxObliVioNxVx
However, remember what Ophelia said, Miria's strength in group battles reaches that of the #1 ranked Alicia.
You're right, I'd forgotten about that. Hope to see that get realized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
A real concern can be Clare keeping her head. We're running out of people who have time to slam her face into the ground to cool her off.
Yep. Rigardo just knocked her aside, he didn't do a proper face-plant, and Miria doesn't have time to deal with such matters. Have to hope Clare gets a clue soon.
Old 2007-08-22, 14:21   Link #236
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVxObliVioNxVx View Post
What gives you the indecation that the anime is heading towards an original ending? So far, the anime has faithfully fallowed the manga, and I see no indecation that the anime is going for an original ending. It may, but I hope it doesn't. I am hoping for a cliffhanger.
Er, hello? Raki learning about Priscilla's origin? And Easley/Priscilla travelling to Pieta instead of the _deep_ south for a little landgrab? So that they're going to arrive and witness what's going to happen firsthand? I even smell a potential Clare-Raki reunion.

Especially the Raki part can't possibly be undone. I don't see how they could ever return to the manga track.
Old 2007-08-22, 14:23   Link #237
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchking99 View Post
Well now that our beloved claymores (Flora, Veronica, and Undine) are dead. I suggest we make a "Flora, Veronica and Undine Memorial thread".A tribute to those claymores that we have loved so much, but now are gone T_T *sniff* *sniff*.Please I implore that the thread is made to pay tribute to their memory.
That would be the dumbest thing ever, even here on Animesuki forums.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-08-22, 14:25   Link #238
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Things I found stupid:
- the AB - in monster form, too - sneaking up on the Claymores. Aren't they supposed to be really bad at hiding their youki?
- Rigaldo recalling his forces.
- the Claymores deciding to fight him one-on-one. What's with that?

Raki pissed me off. First time he really did since the series started. What was he thinking? That Priscilla would stop being the monster she is just because he asks?

Those things kept me from getting really involved with the episode. So, since moreover I knew what was coming, I wasn't as emotionally touched by the deaths of the commanders as I should have been. Bummer.

To end on a positive note, things I liked:
- the deaths of the AB. Those were pretty cool.
Old 2007-08-22, 14:29   Link #239
Claymore_Obsessed

ok this was a great episode, except.... that Raki scene.

so they are implying Raki and Priscilla are in love? and he suddenly forgot Claire?
That left me speechless... original ending is original, I guess.

However it's somehow interesting because this way I don't know what's going to happen... ^^;
Old 2007-08-22, 14:31   Link #240
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
It is not they fighting one on one, it is rather it happened so fast that most low to middle ranking Claymore operators has no time to react to Rigald's attack and movement.

The manga shows it very clearly.