Old 2007-08-23, 09:15   Link #61
Sasuke_Bateman
No

So Naruto isn't a underdog huh
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 09:16   Link #62
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

The level of interest to the news is really sad, I guess, Tobi being Madara was more attractive than Yondaime being Naruto's father.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 09:18   Link #63
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
The level of interest to the news is really sad, I guess, Tobi being Madara was more attractive than Yondaime being Naruto's father.
I think everyone kinda knew.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 09:27   Link #64
tatami
back in black

i hope it is his father.not that i agree or want it tobe like it but at least we could finish 4th is x threads.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 09:30   Link #65
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
i hope it is his father.not that i agree or want it tobe like it but at least we could finish 4th is x threads.
Now, instead, we can start, 'who really is the mother', 'who are the Uzumaki and Namikaze clan', and 'why ...' threads.
Old 2007-08-23, 09:31   Link #66
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto
Naruto's parents are confirmed? In the words of the immortal Junpei Iori "You've got to be shitting me". Seriously why would that be revealed to us now of all times? Don't know about the rest of us but for me that's like the feeling you get when you open that Christmas gift as a child and find out that it's not what you wanted. I was under the impression that it was still Sasuke's spotlight with him finding his brother and that they would have that long overdue
I think this is pretty much what most readers suspected/wanted. I'd say this is more like opening the present on Christmas and then finding that the anticipation of receiving the gift was way more exciting than the gift itself. I hope we get some background info on Naruto's mother and her relationship to Yondaime. I am actually kind of surprised she was mentioned and that she is who Naruto takes his surname from, I figured they'd stick more to the father-son aspect of Naruto's heritage.

As for Sasuke, his confrontation with Itachi is still ongoing, it's just been postponed, because Itachi apparently wants to fight in a different location (it was just a bunshin anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
There'll be lots of talk when the actual RAW comes out.

EDIT: Looking at it, I wonder if there was a mix-up or mistranslation. Tsunade said Naruto's personality and ninjutsu are just like Uzamaki Kushina's but Naruto uses Yondaime's ninjutsu. Maybe Uzamaki Kushina is Yondaime's name afterall?
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 09:41   Link #67
Big_Papi
Dominican Elite

wow, this is by far the most anticipated chapter in a while since team 10 vs akatsuki

I only need my right breast Mega Smasher to take you out!
Big_Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 09:47   Link #68
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
EDIT: Looking at it, I wonder if there was a mix-up or mistranslation. Tsunade said Naruto's personality and ninjutsu are just like Uzamaki Kushina's but Naruto uses Yondaime's ninjutsu. Maybe Uzamaki Kushina is Yondaime's name afterall?
Well, that is not the only name that is mentioned in the translation. There is another name - Namikaze something. Also, is Kishuna a male or female name? If someone clarify that we can make sure whether it is the mother's or the father's name?
Old 2007-08-23, 10:11   Link #69
pbisdaman

Send a message via AIM to pbisdaman
man, at first i was hesitant to reading the manga but i decided to anyways, and damn, i read the manga for 7 hours straight and i am so happy i did
pbisdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 10:16   Link #70
Rahan

Quote:
Well, that is not the only name that is mentioned in the translation. There is another name - Namikaze something. Also, is Kishuna a male or female name? If someone clarify that we can make sure whether it is the mother's or the father's name?
Namikaze means either "winds and waves" (looks suspicious for a word to designate both things together though but that's what my dictionary tells) or discord.
Kishuna isn't really a common name (like Naruto, Itachi and a lot of anime characters), but apparently, in this movie, there is a susanoo (yeah, that's the one of the Orochi mythology) involved. And guess what, the female lead is apparently named Kushina

I don't have much sources though : only this. I had no idea this movie existed 10 mn ago, but I looked for instance of Kushina names and I found this. I have no idea what role Kushina had (apparently only damsel in distress though) and if she can be related to the Narutoverse.

edit : apparently, the movie is more famous than I thought (even released in the USA, see this wiki), but the damsel in distress name is Kushinada, not Kushina

Edit2 : I overlooked the real mythology stuff. She exists as well in it under the name of Kushi Inada. She is indeed a damsel in distress. Yamata no Orochi ate all her sisters and was going for her when Susanoo arrived and slayed the beast after agreeing to marry the girl.

Last edited by Rahan; 2007-08-23 at 10:41.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 10:36   Link #71
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
So Kishi is finally going to let out the big secret huh.

Well if Naruto's mother isn't anything special then why wait soooo long to give even a little detail.

And to top it off Sasuke and Itachi are going to fight. Uhh something tells me Itachi will let himself die just like Sasori.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 10:43   Link #72
ArashiStorm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Yeah yeah i know...that's why it would be awesome if it happened. Besides i dont think Orochimaru is really dead. (Kabuto)

Jiraiya.... I mean isnt Tsunade in enough pain already?? she probably is a 50 yr old virgin..
Personally, the jiraiya and tsunade battle against pein and blue hair would seem more epic and meaningful to me...tsunade caring for jiraiya and naruto having anger later.... and anyways...............WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THAT KABUTO IS GONNA GET TAKEN OVER BY OROCHIMARU...look.. sasuke took orochimaru...his whole mind and everything else...Kabuto just attached a severed hand to his body and it's infecting him... could be orochi's abilities but not te actual guy.. i highly doubt a hand kept part of orochi's soul in it....
ArashiStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 10:50   Link #73
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArashiStorm View Post
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SAYING THAT KABUTO IS GONNA GET TAKEN OVER BY OROCHIMARU...look.. sasuke took orochimaru...his whole mind and everything else...Kabuto just attached a severed hand to his body and it's infecting him... could be orochi's abilities but not te actual guy.. i highly doubt a hand kept part of orochi's soul in it....
I've also wondered this. Although I'd like to see Orochimaru again his time is over and Kabuto's time is now.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 10:52   Link #74
ArashiStorm
Banned

Quote:
I think Tsunade was talking about Jiraiya. And, considering that we have read a few times how students are similar to teachers, I think it is possible that Kushina is Yondaime. Well, at least we have learned that Naruto has parents, something that was hidden from us since the beginning.
>,> dead or alive...naruto still HAD/HAS parents...he didn't just pop outta nowhere and i dont think the 4th made a jutsu that plops babies outta nowhere... >,>So the correct thing would be to say.. now we know one of his relatives names @.@
Old 2007-08-23, 10:59   Link #75
Rahan

If the Kushina is the one saved by Susanoo in the mythology, Kishi probably realized he had to reconnect Naruto to the main storyline, because Naruto is right now as important as Pikachu in Pokemon
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 11:01   Link #76
ArashiStorm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
I've also wondered this. Although I'd like to see Orochimaru again his time is over and Kabuto's time is now.
Yea i agree with that.. Kabuto is here now! Maybe since he wants to kill Sasuke..he'll interupt Sasuke Vs. Itachi round 3 (1 being in his house, 2 being when jiraiya came)..hopefully we get Kabuto's origins in next arc..
Old 2007-08-23, 11:10   Link #77
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArashiStorm View Post
naruto still HAD/HAS parents...he didn't just pop outta nowhere and i dont think the 4th made a jutsu that plops babies outta nowhere
I guess you haven't heard the theories of death god jutsu backfiring on Yondaime and turning him to a baby (hopefully, I wasn't the only one with that theory). Well, at least we have finally marked the end for that theory.
Old 2007-08-23, 11:19   Link #78
Negs

stupid raw. hurry up and release already!
Negs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 12:20   Link #79
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
I guess you haven't heard the theories of death god jutsu backfiring on Yondaime and turning him to a baby
How exactly would that happen, not being sarcastic just curious over your reasoning behind that.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 12:30   Link #80
ArashiStorm
Banned

Quote:
I guess you haven't heard the theories of death god jutsu backfiring on Yondaime and turning him to a baby (hopefully, I wasn't the only one with that theory). Well, at least we have finally marked the end for that theory.
even with all the people that believed it... i can hardly believe that that theory was anywhere near close...a jutsu only used ttwice to our knowledge backfires the one time we dont see it and works as almost planned when a half-dead old man uses it? oh please..the jutsu takes your soul and kills you.. so if it backfires, it gives you new life....oh yes... and i highly doubt the 4ths Jutsu would back fire on the [B]FOURTH[B]

Last edited by ArashiStorm; 2007-08-23 at 12:32. Reason: corrrrrrections