AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-23, 11:03   Link #3361
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I wonder if one of the special editions will be Clare's first mission.
Old 2007-08-23, 14:43   Link #3362
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I agree I would be happy to learn about Riful and Isley's past. I'd really like to see the fight between Isley and Rigard too. I'm hoping that Isley had something to do with Riful's awakening. Also, how on earth did Riful and Duff get together? Another possibility might be Helen and Deneve's partial awakenings.
Old 2007-08-23, 16:13   Link #3363
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

How they got together? Is that really so difficult to imagine?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-08-23, 16:15   Link #3364
Var
Banned

I really don't want to see Gatsu II, Berserk's development to make Gatsu into Gatsu was deep and traumatic. Raki just appears as this child that wants to protect someone stronger than him, tad cliche, but not something to make a Gatsu. What he can do is not change at all and be the compassionate, human aspect of Claymore. Would be better that way, imo.
Old 2007-08-23, 16:22   Link #3365
redmeat

I've got a feeling that whoever's going to be featured in the bonus chapters are going to die or already dead.
Old 2007-08-23, 19:44   Link #3366
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I really don't want to see Gatsu II, Berserk's development to make Gatsu into Gatsu was deep and traumatic. Raki just appears as this child that wants to protect someone stronger than him, tad cliche, but not something to make a Gatsu. What he can do is not change at all and be the compassionate, human aspect of Claymore. Would be better that way, imo.
Amen to that.
Old 2007-08-23, 19:59   Link #3367
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
By the time Guts was Raki's age fought in wars and been killing grown men and living as a mercenary. Raki doesn't even have the heart to kill anyone. Let alone the raw will power to run into a pack of Awakens screaming bloody murder and come out on top. Although I would think a lot more highly of Raki if he did.
Old 2007-08-23, 20:01   Link #3368
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

My only qualm would be if Raki is annoying as an adult. He really didn't bother me that much, but I was rather happy when he disappeared. I never felt much attachment to him except when he said he would die with Clare. That was nice. Chibi clare was much more likable and a much more engaging character for me. I was really happy when Raki ended up with the most dangerous people in the entire claymore world. I do not want that situation to defuse itself. There is too much possibility there.

Come on Raki don't be lame when you come back!

Also, I want to see a claymore male (claymale!) who doesn't awaken, because if there is an iron clad rule without exception it must be broken. I don't care if it is Raki, but I really want him to be different after all these years. I would hope he would act more like Galk, but who knows what he will look like? (I do, that is why I made all those raki concept posts .)
Old 2007-08-23, 20:40   Link #3369
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Bah. If he becomes a male Claymore, what reason would there be for him to not awaken?

I didn't dislike him either, but when he was gone... Well, we traded him for Jean, so we definitely came out on top, there.
Old 2007-08-23, 21:57   Link #3370
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Bah. If he becomes a male Claymore, what reason would there be for him to not awaken?

I didn't dislike him either, but when he was gone... Well, we traded him for Jean, so we definitely came out on top, there.
But did protagoninst deserve for reward isnt it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
My only qualm would be if Raki is annoying as an adult. He really didn't bother me that much, but I was rather happy when he disappeared. I never felt much attachment to him except when he said he would die with Clare. That was nice. Chibi clare was much more likable and a much more engaging character for me. I was really happy when Raki ended up with the most dangerous people in the entire claymore world. I do not want that situation to defuse itself. There is too much possibility there.
always agree with Teresa worshiper . Altough The Child was already became the most desireable for claymore, Clare, Ophelia oh AB's too on Ophelia arc, Priscillia
Old 2007-08-23, 23:26   Link #3371
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppa View Post
By the time Guts was Raki's age fought in wars and been killing grown men and living as a mercenary. Raki doesn't even have the heart to kill anyone. Let alone the raw will power to run into a pack of Awakens screaming bloody murder and come out on top. Although I would think a lot more highly of Raki if he did.
Apostles and the God Hand make Awakened beings seem like toddlers in an UFC cage match. Poor Gatsu, why can't he fight ABs, they'd be much easier on him (or maybe its they'd be much easier for him).

Gonzales (Griffith) vs Johny from down the street (Priscilla)! Fight of the century.

Quote:

Come on Raki don't be lame when you come back!

Also, I want to see a claymore male (claymale!) who doesn't awaken, because if there is an iron clad rule without exception it must be broken. I don't care if it is Raki, but I really want him to be different after all these years. I would hope he would act more like Galk, but who knows what he will look like? (I do, that is why I made all those raki concept posts .)
Chibi Clare had a lot more development. You know her past is mostly abuse, rape, and loneliness and you see how that, when applied to someone who suffered much the same fate, can bring people together. You see her grow from a closed, empty shell of a person to a vibrant, hopeful young girl (while doing much the same to Teresa). You go from bleak nothingness to bliss that is ended swiftly.

Then you look at Raki... Sure he had a traumatic experience but it didn't seem to do much to his character. He started as a determined, whiny boy and is still a determined, whiny boy. He has no real development, which is fine since he is human and human nature is inert and likes to remain the same. He is a flat character of compassion and determination, he is human and unfortunately humans are usually very flat. So he fulfills the stereotypical role of a human in a story with little humanity, fits fine. Unfortunately it makes him uninteresting and a bore to watch.

The reason males awaken is simply due to human, male, nature. An orgasm is an orgasm, no matter how you reach it. That is how the awakening is described. So really its not surprising that males succumb quicker to that 'delight'. And anyway all Claymore awaken, its just a question of when or if they are allowed too (as in they aren't killed via black card system).
Old 2007-08-23, 23:52   Link #3372
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Apostles and the God Hand make Awakened beings seem like toddlers in an UFC cage match. Poor Gatsu, why can't he fight ABs, they'd be much easier on him (or maybe its they'd be much easier for him).

Gonzales (Griffith) vs Johny from down the street (Priscilla)! Fight of the century.
Now now lets be fair, Griffith and the other God's hands are certainly borken as hell when compared to AB, but The Apostles (for the most part) are actually weaker then Awakened Beings.
Afterall Gutts can actually SEE Apostles move and match their strength (to a degree), while several of the AB are so freakishly fast and powerful that they can level entire towns within seconds.
Old 2007-08-23, 23:57   Link #3373
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Now now lets be fair, Griffith and the other God's hands are certainly borken as hell when compared to AB, but The Apostles (for the most part) are actually weaker then Awakened Beings.
Afterall Gutts can actually SEE Apostles move and match their strength (to a degree), while several of the AB are so freakishly fast and powerful that they can level entire towns within seconds.
Pretty sure the Apostles could do that. Look at the Emperor, given he is a little more powerful than normal, but he can destroy a city by looking at it.

The thing with apostles is that, unlike the limited number of ABs, there are a shit load of worthless Apostles that were worthless people to begin with. But if you ignore them, and look at those who were warriors/great men and compare them to Claymore ABs you see that most Apostles are better than the ABs, some by significant margins. The reason I pull this comparison is that ABs were warriors so its only fare to compare them to warriors.
Old 2007-08-24, 02:24   Link #3374
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

**chibamonster wishes he had seen berserk to have a constructive comment for the discussion**

Note to self: Watch Berserk. Apparently it is kind of like claymore. I like Claymore. Sounds like a good plan. Great note!
Old 2007-08-24, 11:13   Link #3375
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
**chibamonster wishes he had seen berserk to have a constructive comment for the discussion**

Note to self: Watch Berserk. Apparently it is kind of like claymore. I like Claymore. Sounds like a good plan. Great note!
IMHO, if you wish to enjoy Berserk, I'd like to suggest the manga, the anime isn't the real deal (lots of things are different, characters are missing, etc) and I'd say it's painful to me

imho it's something like this:

most apostles who were worthless people are comparable to anonymous AB...

apostles who were good warriors are comparable to chosen AB warriors such as Rigardo

the Emperor / Zodd & those other guys who follow Grifis and I always forget their names are comparable to Riful, Easley, Luciera

Grifis / God's hand are off-scale because they basically are divinities ...
Old 2007-08-24, 12:07   Link #3376
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
IMHO, if you wish to enjoy Berserk, I'd like to suggest the manga, the anime isn't the real deal (lots of things are different, characters are missing, etc) and I'd say it's painful to me

imho it's something like this:

most apostles who were worthless people are comparable to anonymous AB...

apostles who were good warriors are comparable to chosen AB warriors such as Rigardo

the Emperor / Zodd & those other guys who follow Grifis and I always forget their names are comparable to Riful, Easley, Luciera

Grifis / God's hand are off-scale because they basically are divinities ...
Of course They had to cut a lot out of then anime. The manga started at least a good 10 years ago and is still going strong. Guts has prove that its no matter how powerfull anything is. If you start beating on it for a good 12 + hours it will go down sooner or later.
Old 2007-08-24, 15:46   Link #3377
mycen

Quote:
Rigard was still weaker than Isley many years after their awakening. Ilena knew she didn't have the ability to defeat Teresa no matter what happened. There seems to be a cap on a claymore youki potential, from what I have seen. Although I hope this isn't the case. Maybe claymores just don't live long enough to really explore their potential. Awakened beings don't seem to be able to improve, but I hope that Claymores have some ability to move forward.
I prefer to view that a claymore's power (quality of youki) is related to their experience and that higher ranked claymores accumulate experience faster than their less powerfull counterparts. For example, after a similar battle, Teresa may have gained 1.5x more experience than Ilene since Teresa is a relavtively more talented claymore. So all things being equal, Ilene released that she would never exceed Teresa.
That's my opinion anyways...
Old 2007-08-24, 15:49   Link #3378
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycen View Post
I prefer to view that a claymore's power (quality of youki) is related to their experience and that higher ranked claymores accumulate experience faster than their less powerfull counterparts. For example, after a similar battle, Teresa may have gained 1.5x more experience than Ilene since Teresa is a relavtively more talented claymore. So all things being equal, Ilene released that she would never exceed Teresa.
That's my opinion anyways...
Barring any religious or philosophical views to the contrary, there's essentially a soft cap to everything...a point in human development where, at the very least, diminishing returns make any further development impractical. The same would apply for Claymores and also for Awakened Beings.

Otherwise, there's no reason that one of the immortal awakened beings couldn't simply try to become a god over time...
Old 2007-08-24, 15:54   Link #3379
redmeat

Quote:
If you start beating on it for a good 12 + hours it will go down sooner or later.
If you can beat for 12+ hours, you must be superhuman. I can only last 5 minutes

Quote:
Barring any religious or philosophical views to the contrary, there's essentially a soft cap to everything...a point in human development where, at the very least, diminishing returns make any further development impractical. The same would apply for Claymores and also for Awakened Beings.
In other words, nature owns nurture.
Old 2007-08-25, 08:13   Link #3380
killer3000ad

Oh well, another couple of weeks for the next extra scene chapter.
*prays to Cthulhu that it's about Galatea*