AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-02-27, 16:18   Link #1
Tenken

Send a message via AIM to Tenken
Arrow For Sale Forum?

I'm not sure if this is appropriate here, but I was wondering how come there isn't a forum section here for selling licensed anime and other anime related items? For example, I have a bunch of DVD's that I would like to sell and I can't really think of a better place to sell them than on an anime forum. I guess I could use Ebay, but it would be easier here. I hope this is the correct forum to post this. Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this?
Tenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 16:40   Link #2
babbito2k
annoying white bat

This thread will most likely wind up in the Forum & Site Feedback forum.

As far as forum members selling things to each other I am not in favor. It sounds great if everyone holds up their end of every deal, but I think it is not so simple. Buyers and sellers must agree on the condition of used media. Shipping problems (which do happen for who knows what reason) lead to complaints.

Eventually someone will feel they got cheated for whatever reason. At that point it is likely that hurt feelings are going to wind up in the forum itself, and I would rather not see that happening. That is what I am most concerned about.

Someone may go so far as to sell copies or HK pirate stuff (some forum members have bought HK pirate material without even realizing it). And then the forum has unintentionally become a place that facilitates that happening.

It doesn't seem like a good deal for the moderators, who are not necessarily ready to deal with people making transactions and the different things that might come up. Keeping the forum polite in tone and seeing that the rules are followed is enough to do IMO.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 19:16   Link #3
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
There should be a sectioned forum where there are user classified ads, selling and/or trading anime.
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 20:06   Link #4
Goldenducky

Send a message via AIM to Goldenducky
what animes do you wan tto sell?
Goldenducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 20:33   Link #5
Tenken

babbito2k, those are all legitimate concerns and no one can gurantee that they won't happen, but almost every forum that I am a member of (besides this one obviously) has For Sale/For Trade forums. There are always problems, people out there to rip you off, and just plain dishonest/bad people. I've made a total of about a dozen online deals on three different forums and was almost conned (sp?) one time. That person was later found trying to rip someone off and was added to this universal "Do Not Deal With" list between a whole bunch of forums. I personally think it can be done. If the current moderators do not feel they can keep up with the FS/FT forum, perhaps new ones could be appointed.

Goldenducky you have mail.
Old 2004-02-27, 22:13   Link #6
d07n37
flame grilled

i personally feel that this site is too international for a 'for sale' forum. after you've factored in delivery, import duty and suitable packaging the cost of 2nd hand dvd's being shipped to other countries tends not to look as cost effective as buying th new ones. this could be recified with a separate subforum for each country/region but that'd cause more hassle as ppl may start to converse in their own regional languages making moderation difficult.

stick em on ebay or sell them to ppl you know localy.
Old 2004-02-28, 17:25   Link #7
Tenken

I can understand that, but what forum doesn't have a lot of people outside of the US? It's up to the seller to decide where and to who he wants to sell it. Personally when I sell anything I only ship to the lower 48 states unless the buyer wants to pay shipping. There probably are more people from other countries on this forum, but the majority I believe are from the US. Either way, it doesn't seem like anyone on this forum cares or wants to do this. Oh well, just a suggestion