AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 16.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 19.39%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-30, 14:38   Link #261
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Huh!? Didn't he just hug her? I'm a little drunk and tired... brainz 3 seconds behind.
Old 2007-08-30, 14:42   Link #262
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Besides being truly stupid, he's not that bad. You shouldn't base your opinion on stupid ratings.
As for Makoto, I'll settle for any sort of redemption as long as it means he'll be in a world of pain.

My opinion is not base on a rating it is base on a simple fact.

Makoto - Immautre, stupid, insensetive, cheater and jerk

Taisuke - RAPIST

In Makoto's case he can grow up and learn to be more sensetive which would cure cheater and jerk.

Taisuke otoh, once a rapist always a rapist.
Old 2007-08-30, 14:45   Link #263
Echoes

Rape is really unforgivable, it's not something you can easily atone for, or make go away, no matter what you do. If Taisuke truly did that, even I will agree that he's even more of a bastard than Makoto.

That was really sudden, though. You confess to the girl you like, and then you just jump her and rape her. It's something even the most demented among us would think twice before doing.
Old 2007-08-30, 14:55   Link #264
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Don't the red ripples indicate that the body of liquid is a pool of BLOOD!!?!?
Old 2007-08-30, 15:03   Link #265
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Besides being truly stupid, he's not that bad. You shouldn't base your opinion on stupid ratings.
As for Makoto, I'll settle for any sort of redemption as long as it means he'll be in a world of pain.
Wow explain that one... How is being a jerk, a cheat and all around dumb ass worse than raping someone? Ratings have nothing to do it the lesser of 2 evils a dumbass or a rapist. Makoto may have done a lot of bad things but he didnt commit a crime. As i do not feel like redoing my post i will just say that Makoto would not go to jail for the things he has done Taisuke would
Old 2007-08-30, 15:08   Link #266
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Posting just to agree with all the Taisuke comments, and adding "I want him in prison or dead".
Old 2007-08-30, 16:11   Link #267
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...

Mental agression is allways bether than fisic agression
Old 2007-08-30, 16:39   Link #268
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

huh... i don't agree.
Physical agression can be healed, as long as the pain and the aftermath (scars etc) are okay.
Mental damage can be much more dangerous, especially if it hits directly the psyche of the person.

In specific extent, the mental damage is more cunning, as it is harder to prevent, and it can completely transform anyone to a WRECK.
Trauma can be much more dangerous that simple bruises, scars, wounds etc.
Old 2007-08-30, 16:54   Link #269
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
huh... i don't agree.
Physical agression can be healed, as long as the pain and the aftermath (scars etc) are okay.
Mental damage can be much more dangerous, especially if it hits directly the psyche of the person.

In specific extent, the mental damage is more cunning, as it is harder to prevent, and it can completely transform anyone to a WRECK.
Trauma can be much more dangerous that simple bruises, scars, wounds etc.
In the event of Rape it is both physical and MENTAL abuse.

99% of people get over broken hearts.

99% of people don't get over Rapes that easily.
Old 2007-08-30, 16:58   Link #270
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Of course, Rape is a physical abuse in its nature.
but much like you said, it is mainly harmful as a mental blow.

that's why I argued the fact "Mental > physical" in kind of damage.
I'm not a girl, so i won't be able to tell how painful the intercourse is for them, either "normal" or "rape" (and i wish that not a lot can say about the later), but i believe the rape itself leave not a lot of physical damage.

it is purely mental damage and it IS heavy.
Old 2007-08-30, 17:11   Link #271
◕‿‿◕

In any case, Koto recovering (though I doubt that will happen) is more important than Taisuke being punished, but man do I hate the scumbag for what he's done...
Old 2007-08-30, 17:20   Link #272
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
In any case, Koto recovering (though I doubt that will happen) is more important than Taisuke being punished, but man do I hate the scumbag for what he's done...
But the way everything is going right now, if she see those pictures of Otome and Makoto doing it, she wont recovering at all. Her Mental State will shatter like glass hitting on the concrete and it will never recover at all.
Old 2007-08-30, 17:34   Link #273
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Wow explain that one... How is being a jerk, a cheat and all around dumb ass worse than raping someone? Ratings have nothing to do it the lesser of 2 evils a dumbass or a rapist. Makoto may have done a lot of bad things but he didnt commit a crime. As i do not feel like redoing my post i will just say that Makoto would not go to jail for the things he has done Taisuke would
That's only because every girl so far wants to bang Makoto. Do you think he would seriously stop himself if Sekai said no(as she did say many times,no matter how feebly)? I've always said that Sekai is his willing victim.

Also in Taisuke's defense,we don't know much of what happened beyond eerie imagery. While there's little doubt that they did do the deed, maybe Kotonoha did it willingly? the more I think about it, the more I realize that Kotonoha would feel desperately lonely and would crave love and company right now. Yes it's still wrong of Taisuke to take advantage but odds are he doesn't even realize that, after seeing Makoto hang out with Sekai so long,as far as Taisuke knows maybe Makoto and Kotonoha never really had any real relationship. On the other hand he's loved her since the beginning and unlike Makoto he genuinely cares for her.

All that to say that Makoto is still the worse guy around.
Old 2007-08-30, 17:41   Link #274
◕‿‿◕

We'd see next episode I guess. If it was consensual then he's still bad for taking advantage of her IMO, but that's more debatable. If it wasn't, which is what I think is the case, he's a rapist and pretty much undefendable. And rape puts him well below Makoto.
Old 2007-08-30, 17:48   Link #275
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

If someone wants to die,does killing that person make you any less a murderer?

Taisuke will need to do truly evil thing to become worse than Makoto. It also depends on what he does after. If he realizes what he's done to Kotonoha and tries to make it up to her or comfort her than that makes him better than Makoto ever will
Old 2007-08-30, 17:51   Link #276
◕‿‿◕

No, it's more understandable if it was consensual, even if I think it's bad to take advantage of someone who isn't in the right state of mind and he should instead try to comfort her. But I really don't think it was.

But if he raped her, as in, if she wasn't in the right state of mind to answer and give consent, he shouldn't make it up to her or comfort her; he should go to jail when he's 18.

I hate Makoto, but he'll always be above a rapist for me.
Old 2007-08-30, 18:42   Link #277
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
That's only because every girl so far wants to bang Makoto. Do you think he would seriously stop himself if Sekai said no(as she did say many times,no matter how feebly)? I've always said that Sekai is his willing victim.

Also in Taisuke's defense,we don't know much of what happened beyond eerie imagery. While there's little doubt that they did do the deed, maybe Kotonoha did it willingly? the more I think about it, the more I realize that Kotonoha would feel desperately lonely and would crave love and company right now. Yes it's still wrong of Taisuke to take advantage but odds are he doesn't even realize that, after seeing Makoto hang out with Sekai so long,as far as Taisuke knows maybe Makoto and Kotonoha never really had any real relationship. On the other hand he's loved her since the beginning and unlike Makoto he genuinely cares for her.

All that to say that Makoto is still the worse guy around.
I see your reasoning and i said this before what proof is there that Taisuke actually loves her. Just because he said it? you have to know things about a person to say you love them. Taisuke has spoke to Koto like 3 times since the series started. He was basically doing the same thing Itou was at first just looking at her from afar. He knows nothing about her there is no way i will bring my self to believe that he loves her for real. I love you so i took advantage of you that doesnt flow in my book. He has to actually display credible evidence that he actually loves her. Which wont get till we see how they interact with each other in episode 10. Im sorry but that is not love he could have said I love then asked her opinion on the matter or tried to comfort her after telling her Makoto betrayed her. Instead he said i love you grab next thing we see is her ribbon falling. He didnt even wait to see what she would say back to him.
Old 2007-08-30, 19:01   Link #278
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Ok maybe "love" is a bit strong, but he does like her. He often stops to talk to her and such. Makoto never did that kind of thing.

And yeah, in the School Days world, spontaneous sex seems very common lol

All I"m saying is give Taisuke a break,there's still a lot of things we haven't seen yet
Old 2007-08-30, 19:02   Link #279
◕‿‿◕

I'll take back all I said if it's proven that he didn't rape her. If not, though, then I'll want him dead or in jail.
Old 2007-08-30, 19:08   Link #280
faustianideals
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
Ok maybe "love" is a bit strong, but he does like her. He often stops to talk to her and such. Makoto never did that kind of thing.

And yeah, in the School Days world, spontaneous sex seems very common lol

All I"m saying is give Taisuke a break,there's still a lot of things we haven't seen yet
This anime actually shocked me with the sexual content of it. The blood and guts of other shows don't phase me, but as to how random the sex was, god, very surprising, and slightly interesting, although not in any practical sense.
Closed Thread