AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-31, 16:00   Link #3441
kumori
~*KAMI*~

Location: In my own little anime world that revolves around me...
Now we can find out what exactly happened between her and Isley and also maybe figure out what evil plan she may be thinking of...I also want to know why she acts all innocent when she's in human form. i want to know whether it's an act or not...
Old 2007-08-31, 16:06   Link #3442
taelrak

I wonder if Priscilla is sane enough to be evil
Old 2007-08-31, 16:40   Link #3443
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
I wonder if Priscilla is sane enough to be evil
The real question is "is she insane enough to be good?"(probably not considering she beheaded one of the best characters in the series in cold blood with a cheap shot)
Old 2007-08-31, 16:48   Link #3444
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by yondy View Post

Is that Priscilla?!
I hope not, I don't want a chapter dedicated to Priscilla just to to show us how she kick some yoma ass.
/slitwrist
Old 2007-08-31, 19:44   Link #3445
Heroic
Hero

Why is claymore-anime so fuc**** different then the manga? I mean, wheres the point? Its like two totally different storyes!

Im officialy CONFUSED
Old 2007-08-31, 19:50   Link #3446
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
well not to differnt stories just w8 raki will be killed soon
wat confuses u
Old 2007-08-31, 19:59   Link #3447
Heroic
Hero

Its like watching filler episodes

I really love the manga, but totally hate the anime for the dumb filling
Old 2007-08-31, 20:08   Link #3448
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
Hate The Anime well ther is no fillers but only a anime-only ending

and a sesshomaru fan
Old 2007-08-31, 22:18   Link #3449
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

So Priscilla might be the next extra huh? I really hope it is post awakening. I don't care what she was like before she awakened. I got enough of that when she fought Teresa. It would be fascinating though if it were about her fight with Isley. I would really like to see into her mind though. Does she intentionally not eat girls? Or is her human side blocking them from her view?

What happened to her human form to make her act the way she is?
Old 2007-08-31, 22:27   Link #3450
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Something crossed my mind, didn't Jean technically an Awaken Being as well? The difference between Jean and other AB is that she retained her human mind after awakening, Claymore are human, supressing youma instinct in themselves and ABs are youma, supressing their human instinct. So what *if*, Prisicilla regained her human heart after some time?

D: .. There's a hint about it last chapter, when that AB didnt give/suppressed her powers so she was easily slained by Oppy's (and Miria's) team.. That means, its prolly possible.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-09-01, 00:23   Link #3451
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Priscillia Objectives
slay all youma in her sight!

Claire objectives
1 slay Priscillia
2 save Raki
3 Help Rubul to Obliterate the orgs (Rubul was planning to Coup'd'etat, oh cmon with Clare and Raphaela in her side what else can he do?)
Old 2007-09-01, 02:01   Link #3452
Weird D
Just existing...

I just wish they'd stop with the fillers. I can understand it when you have a chapter a week, but the way this is going, we won't have the real story till the end of the year.

Some things that seemed weird in the manga to me :

1) Jean's death. She says the wound she got from Rigald was lethal so she couldn't heal it. But Clare healed an identical wound in minutes in the first volume.
I know that more attack power means less regerative abilities, but Jean's power is more linked to her technique than her actual strength

2) Ophelia's rampages : come on, you won't make me believe the Org ignored that. The were after Theresa faster that Pris glomps Raki, even though she left no survivors either

3) That AB snapping Ophelia's neck. ABs are supposed to be former Claymores, she should have know a broken neck will not kill a Claymore

Now I know that all mangas have incoherencies, but the two first ones really annoy me.
Old 2007-09-01, 02:39   Link #3453
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

It seems that each awakening is unique. Ophelia didn't even realize she had awakened. She was also able to condense her human emotions at one end of her body. Hilda also seemed to retain some of her human memory which is why she didn't fight back against Miria. Jean never lost her human consciousness, so I we don't know if it is possible to regain it once lost. *but* I think it is possible, mostly because of what Ophelia did. I wonder if someone could help bring back Priscilla (or any awakened being's) consciousness, like a soul link only done much later. Priscilla might be a prime candidate because of her hatred of youma.

I don't think Priscilla has returned to her claymore form yet (because her hair and eyes are the wrong color) but I think it is a possibility for her in the future. It is just hard for me to imagine Clare killing this little girl. Maybe she will act much worse when she shows her awakened form. It will probably become more clear when we find out how Priscilla lost her memory.

Last edited by chibamonster; 2007-09-01 at 02:58.
Old 2007-09-01, 03:18   Link #3454
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
I just wish they'd stop with the fillers. I can understand it when you have a chapter a week, but the way this is going, we won't have the real story till the end of the year.

1) Jean's death. She says the wound she got from Rigald was lethal so she couldn't heal it. But Clare healed an identical wound in minutes in the first volume.
I know that more attack power means less regerative abilities, but Jean's power is more linked to her technique than her actual strength

2) Ophelia's rampages : come on, you won't make me believe the Org ignored that. The were after Theresa faster that Pris glomps Raki, even though she left no survivors either

3) That AB snapping Ophelia's neck. ABs are supposed to be former Claymores, she should have know a broken neck will not kill a Claymore

Now I know that all mangas have incoherencies, but the two first ones really annoy me.
1) First: Jean doesn't want Clare to awaken or die.
Second: Jean want to repay her debt at all costs.
I think that Jean can heal herself by using her remaining Yoma energy just like Clare said. But she doesn't want to do that due to above reason. She just come up with that excuse to make Clare believe her. This situation is exactly the same as when Irene gave her arm to Clare. IMO. Very touching. T T

Edit: Another possibility is that she has already used her Yoma energy too much so the wound in her stomach is lethal. It's the same case as Deneve in Slasher arc.

2) My speculation is as same as in the anime. The Organization also want to kill Ophelia but they don't want to use the same method. Because Ophelia will rebel just like Teresa and it can lead to another tragedy. To avoid that they decided to send her to suicide mission. You should notice that why the Organization sent only "two" Claymores to kill that former single digit ABs.

3) I'm sure that the AB has already killed Claymore before. So it can mean that Ophelia body is different with normal Claymore. Normally they should die by that. And this also makes me believe my speculation in 2) The AB has enough potential to be able to kill Ophelia because it is truly strong. Then why does the Organization send only two Claymore? Furthermore, one of them is the lowest rank.
Old 2007-09-01, 03:30   Link #3455
hamstar
just passing by

i dont like extra chapters but i really dont mind a story about priscilla and judging by her dark hair colour it's a post awakening story.
Old 2007-09-01, 03:44   Link #3456
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:

1) Rigaldo's arm was alot bigger then that Yoma's arm was; it is as simple as that.

2) They did send her on a suicide mission with Clare against a former single digit AB, who did almost suceed in killing her. Teresa was also being watched by her own handler in the Organization quite closely apprantly.

3) It is probably as simple as that most Claymore's do not have the Yoki to fix a broken neck, and Ophelia simply did, or it could be Ophelia's own unique body structure.
Old 2007-09-01, 04:12   Link #3457
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

In Clare's case, Rubel commented that a few centimeters of difference would have been fatal. And Jean's wound was bigger. Do the math.

Quote:
She actually left plenty of witnesses, including an organization member.

And there's also the possibility that Ophelia exaggerated or fabricated her own rampages just to creep out Clare.

Quote:
Ophelia was special. A broken neck won't kill her, but I guess it'll kill most other Claymores. (Except maybe Jean, who does 1080° turns with her neck as a party trick.)
Old 2007-09-01, 08:09   Link #3458
executor_kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
1)2) My speculation is as same as in the anime. The Organization also want to kill Ophelia but they don't want to use the same method. Because Ophelia will rebel just like Teresa and it can lead to another tragedy. To avoid that they decided to send her to suicide mission. You should notice that why the Organization sent only "two" Claymores to kill that former single digit ABs.
I think u got it wrong, that AB may be a single digit, but she could only have been rank 6 to 9. Also, the one they want to kill is not Ophelia, but Clare since Ophelia is insanely strong. remember how fast Ophelia kill that AB, there is just no way she would be killed by it. And the reason why the org send only 2 of them is probably they think Oph is more than enough, and they want Oph to scare Clare, if not kill her.
Old 2007-09-01, 08:26   Link #3459
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

If they wanted to get rid of Ophelia they would send Rafaela and you know she could kill Ophelia with ease. The diference is that Ophelia ain´t a threat.

The Order wanted teresa dead, they just wanted anything to happen in order to kill her.
Old 2007-09-01, 08:28   Link #3460
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
In Clare's case, Rubel commented that a few centimeters of difference would have been fatal. And Jean's wound was bigger. Do the math.
Clare has also been showing extra strong resistence against impaling, e.g. the first male AO she face (vol6, p34, p64). May be she can instinctively shift her vital organ inside her torso to avoid damage, an ability that even she may not know.
Closed Thread