AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-30, 21:11   Link #121
Juvyniled

If Lelouch was of that standard of men, he'd have already been lusting after her since long ago. Is there still a possibility of manipulation on her part? Absolutely. But to what extent and for what purpose C.C. manipulates him is the main question. We've already seen a lot of manipulation on many people's parts (Lelouch for example) so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if the manipulator becomes the manipulated (highly cliché).
Old 2007-08-31, 16:04   Link #122
Terra

But I don't see her as really needing to maniplulate Lelouch though. He's agreed to give her what she wants. And has reaffirmed that at a later date. I don't see him as the type to go back on his word. They're commited to each other whether romantically or not.
Old 2007-08-31, 22:48   Link #123
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
But I don't see her as really needing to maniplulate Lelouch though. He's agreed to give her what she wants. And has reaffirmed that at a later date. I don't see him as the type to go back on his word. They're commited to each other whether romantically or not.
What he does in lue of Nunally's disappearance can make anyone doubt how committed he is to anything but her. Lelouch is committed to Nunally, not CC. He has a contract with CC which he promised to complete, but he's promised quite a few things.
Old 2007-09-01, 22:34   Link #124
Chudley
Silver-eyed Lion King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangastuff View Post
I also do not want to see Suzaku x Kallen. But I disagree with the first sentence. At least Suzaku deserves one girl: Nina. And they have a lot of similarities too (mentally unstable, killing zero/OoBK as goal). Their love can rise as they work with each other pursueing their goal. At the end, they will be romantically blown away by Nina's nuke. HAPPY ENDING
Hahax I'd like to see NinaxSuzaku too , though given Nina's "Elevens" phobia and what she was doing at ep 12 (10:07-10:15), the chances of her hooking up with Mr Nice Guy is zero.

On a side note, why isn't there Lelouch x Kaguya in the poll? It'll be a pleasant turn of events if that pairing happens
Old 2007-09-02, 03:43   Link #125
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

Quote:
On a side note, why isn't there Lelouch x Kaguya in the poll? It'll be a pleasant turn of events if that pairing happens
i dont think lulu is lolicon.
Old 2007-09-02, 13:57   Link #126
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
What he does in lue of Nunally's disappearance can make anyone doubt how committed he is to anything but her. Lelouch is committed to Nunally, not CC. He has a contract with CC which he promised to complete, but he's promised quite a few things.
But she was also encouraging him to go to her and was teh one who told him she'd been kidnapped to begin with. He knoes how much she means to him. She isn't going to get in the way of that since everything he does centres around Nunnally.
Old 2007-09-03, 11:50   Link #127
Pistbag

I want to see Lelouch and kallen together, but I doubt that will ever happen so I say Lelouch and C.C
Old 2007-09-03, 12:02   Link #128
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudley View Post
Hahax I'd like to see NinaxSuzaku too , though given Nina's "Elevens" phobia and what she was doing at ep 12 (10:07-10:15), the chances of her hooking up with Mr Nice Guy is zero.

First, Suzaku is NOT Mr Nice Guy.

Second, unlike Kallen who is sound of mind, Nina is more insane than even Suzaku is currently. Nina's personal views and opinions don't always mean they will be involved in her decision making process, raving lunatic as she is. And currently she even has the same goal as Suzaku, that of avenging Euphie, so it's not like she hated Suzaku enough to want him dead.
(Once again, pointing out that Kallen DOES want Suzaku dead...)

Nina feared 11s, but she wasn't racist enough to kill them herself. Nina's current rampage isn't based on racial prejudices, but revenge-induced lunacy. It is Zero, a Britannian, whom she wants to kill. Not 11s.

So I don't see a problem in pairing Suzaku with Nina on the short term, before the coupledom self-destructs in a spectacular shower of blood and gore. It is actually believable.
Old 2007-09-03, 17:49   Link #129
Juvyniled

And I'm sure this new relevation to Kallen about Zero's identity won't factor into the current situation at all.... (/sarcasm)
Old 2007-09-04, 21:13   Link #130
iBeast

"If you are indeed a witch, then, I shall be your warlock"

Lulu and C.C

Lulu and Karen works too....Well....
Old 2007-09-04, 21:41   Link #131
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
I must say that romance may probably one of the things that this anime didn't focus on a lot. I voted for Lulu x Karen and Lulu x Shirley.

For LuluxShirley, it can be implied that Lulu does care for Shirley and really thinks of her as a friend.
Spoiler:

For LuluxKallen, she's the one that Lulu trusts the most.
Spoiler:

Just my 0.01 cent (I'm a poor man )
Old 2007-09-04, 22:16   Link #132
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendevous View Post
I must say that romance may probably one of the things that this anime didn't focus on a lot. I voted for Lulu x Karen and Lulu x Shirley.

For LuluxShirley, it can be implied that Lulu does care for Shirley and really thinks of her as a friend.
Spoiler:

For LuluxKallen, she's the one that Lulu trusts the most.
Spoiler:

Just my 0.01 cent (I'm a poor man )
Well, I voted for the exact same options. I didn't vote for what I think will happen, but for what I wish would happen. It would be idiotic to deny the romantic tension between Lelouch and C.C., but I can't let go of the thought of her using Lelouch for some ulterior motive. Depending on what it is, Lelouch might start disliking or even hating her. I know I've said this before, but I can't get rid of that feeling. I want you to know though, that I have nothing against C.C..

I like Shirley, but not nearly as much as I like Kallen. I think that she'll overcome the shock of discovering the true identity of Zero once she realizes that this person, that she's practically idolized, is really someone that she already knows. Their relationship might even become stronger, as a result of the recent turn of events, due to the fact that Kallen is now the one human being in the world (yes, C.C. is not human) that knows Zero the best. (I'm not including Suzaku in this equation due to the fact that he's a raging lunatic.)

I don't know... she might just as likely start disliking Lelouch... she did overreact to the revelation after all. I think that her respect for his past efforts will gain the upper hand though, but the only thing I'm certain of is that she can't possibly fall for someone like Suzaku. Yes, I know it has nothing to do with what we're discussing at the moment, but it has been mentioned more than once or twice, and I think it's preposterous. Sure, in the end it's all up to Sunrise, but unless they decide to completely ruin the characteristics of the characters, they simply can't pair Kallen with Suzaku. Sure, watch every single Gundam-episode available, and you might think that they could decide to walk down that path, but the truth is that the Gundam-related situation was never the same. At least those are my two cents.

I'm from Sweden, and I'm really drunk... hence I apologize for the possible appearance of "bad English" in the post. I'm not in the mood for proof-reading, to tell the truth.
Old 2007-09-04, 22:45   Link #133
Pistbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post

I like Shirley, but not nearly as much as I like Kallen. I think that she'll overcome the shock of discovering the true identity of Zero once she realizes that this person, that she's practically idolized, is really someone that she already knows. Their relationship might even become stronger, as a result of the recent turn of events, due to the fact that Kallen is now the one human being in the world (yes, C.C. is not human) that knows Zero the best. (I'm not including Suzaku in this equation due to the fact that he's a raging lunatic.)

I don't know... she might just as likely start disliking Lelouch... she did overreact to the revelation after all. I think that her respect for his past efforts will gain the upper hand though.
She may have idolized him for what he's done up until he revealed himself, but thats also when she realized it was all to for his own benefit and he just simply used the Japanese to do his work.

Kallen: "You used us Japanese?" "Even I?"

well despite all that I would like kallen end up with Lelouch
Old 2007-09-05, 09:06   Link #134
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistbag View Post
She may have idolized him for what he's done up until he revealed himself, but thats also when she realized it was all to for his own benefit and he just simply used the Japanese to do his work.

Kallen: "You used us Japanese?" "Even I?"

well despite all that I would like kallen end up with Lelouch
What else was she to expect? Mother Teresa? Of course he is doing it for his own good, but he happens to be pulling along a country that couldn't do jack-shit without him.

Her reaction is standard Sunrise over-reaction. I'd say the Japanese used Zero as much as he used them. They have a common goal... and some of them *coughkallencough* would be dead without Zero/Lelouch.
Old 2007-09-05, 11:26   Link #135
Juvyniled

Zero demonstrated his capabilities to the people, and the people followed him. There isn't any manipulation on anyone's part, but their goals and their priorities are much different. Their goals are common in name, but what they each really want is what's causing the divide.

Kallen and Lelouch's relationship as far as anything is concerned is really just business as usual. While in his Lelouch persona he tries to get her to open her eyes a bit (she's blindly doing things that she feels is necessary like jumping in to rescue the hot dog stand guy or assassinating Suzaku in the public). As Zero, he's leading her in combat. There is definitely a connection, but certainly not in the way that you (if you are one of those people) might believe.

On a sidenote, Lelouch being in that critical position of power/leadership has to realize that he's got a much greater responsibility than that of just any leader. Simply because he possesses the power to carry an entire nation does not give him the right to push people around and have them do as they will, if he really does intend to achieve certain goals. Else, he would be no different than the Emperor of Britannia (I'm assuming that the Britannian royalty follows and obeys his orders because he essentially controls their lives).
Old 2007-09-05, 12:28   Link #136
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As far as I'm concerned, Kallen is just Ms. Pawn to Lulu. Not once did he care about her well-being; he doesn't blink when sending her to danger's way (aka. Lancelot) episode in and episode out. Compare and contrast this to how he sends CC against orenjii-kun in the last episode. The way the clues are laid out, Lulu always treats Kallen as a soldier of war that he can use, nothing more.

And Kallen knows more about Zero than anyone else in the world? Final episode just proved that she knows nothing beyond what the average OotBK knows nor did she understood any of Lulu's intentions, so I don't see why anyone would think that beyond wishful thinking on their part. Even if that's the case, as I said before Lulu-->Kallen is basically non-existant, which really is the more important half for the relationship to go anywhere.

Not like any of this matters. Anvil-sized hints point to Lulu turning into the next Mao, so I really do find anything but CCXLulu to be very unlikely, much to my chagrin.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-09-05, 15:32   Link #137
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And Kallen knows more about Zero than anyone else in the world? Final episode just proved that she knows nothing beyond what the average OotBK knows nor did she understood any of Lulu's intentions, so I don't see why anyone would think that beyond wishful thinking on their part.
I assume that you wrote that as a response to what I said earlier. If you read my post again you will find that you must have skipped some of the words. I was referring to the way things are now, after the recent turn of events (the finale), not before. Ofc she doesn't know Lelouch better than anyone else in the world, but I was referring to Zero since she is now the only member of the OotBK who knows about his true identity... and that he happens to be someone she knows from school. Ofc Nunnally, and C.C. (eg) knows him better as a person (as Lelouch).

It seems to me though that Lelouch isn't even interested in women, and if I had to bet money on this, I would say that he will remain single. This poll is a lot more about what we want to happen, rather than what we think will happen. I also said that in the previous post, so ofc you're right about the fact that the pairing is wishful thinking. Never said anything else though.
Old 2007-09-05, 15:43   Link #138
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As far as I'm concerned, Kallen is just Ms. Pawn to Lulu. Not once did he care about her well-being; he doesn't blink when sending her to danger's way (aka. Lancelot) episode in and episode out. Compare and contrast this to how he sends CC against orenjii-kun in the last episode. The way the clues are laid out, Lulu always treats Kallen as a soldier of war that he can use, nothing more.

And Kallen knows more about Zero than anyone else in the world? Final episode just proved that she knows nothing beyond what the average OotBK knows nor did she understood any of Lulu's intentions, so I don't see why anyone would think that beyond wishful thinking on their part. Even if that's the case, as I said before Lulu-->Kallen is basically non-existant, which really is the more important half for the relationship to go anywhere.

Not like any of this matters. Anvil-sized hints point to Lulu turning into the next Mao, so I really do find anything but CCXLulu to be very unlikely, much to my chagrin.
This would be true if it weren't for the facts that, Lelouch believes Kallen is capable, which she has shown, and that he has, on several occasions, taken enemy attention from Kallen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Zero demonstrated his capabilities to the people, and the people followed him. There isn't any manipulation on anyone's part, but their goals and their priorities are much different. Their goals are common in name, but what they each really want is what's causing the divide.
They want the same thing in the end. Freedom. They need to destroy Britannia for such a dream to come to pass, even if the Japanese do not realize it.

Quote:
Kallen and Lelouch's relationship as far as anything is concerned is really just business as usual. While in his Lelouch persona he tries to get her to open her eyes a bit (she's blindly doing things that she feels is necessary like jumping in to rescue the hot dog stand guy or assassinating Suzaku in the public). As Zero, he's leading her in combat. There is definitely a connection, but certainly not in the way that you (if you are one of those people) might believe.
I agree it is buisiness between them but at moments that changes, or seems to anyway. I think it is safe to say that Kallen has developed some attraction to Zero beyond the simple star of hope. And while it may be a shock that Zero is Lelouch, if she were to bother putting the pieces together, few of his actions concerning her have been selfish. Even if he considers her a good soldier, risking his life for her multiple times is a little foolish for someone in his position. Also, going along that note, he has no real reason to risk his life, she is expendable and can be replaced.

It's buisiness yes, but I believe there is more to it. Most of that would be a strong development of trust between the two, but there is more there. Not necessarily romantic but there is more.

Quote:
On a sidenote, Lelouch being in that critical position of power/leadership has to realize that he's got a much greater responsibility than that of just any leader. Simply because he possesses the power to carry an entire nation does not give him the right to push people around and have them do as they will, if he really does intend to achieve certain goals. Else, he would be no different than the Emperor of Britannia (I'm assuming that the Britannian royalty follows and obeys his orders because he essentially controls their lives).
I think he has come to realize that through the show's progression. At the start he is no different from the Emperor, but you can see him develop an understanding of what is important. He gives people options, something no one else has been shown to do.
Old 2007-09-05, 23:33   Link #139
Juvyniled

Quote:
They want the same thing in the end. Freedom. They need to destroy Britannia for such a dream to come to pass, even if the Japanese do not realize it.
There is a huge problem with the correlation between the first statement and the second statement. For Lelouch, it would make sense that Britannia would have to be destroyed to attain that freedom. He understands that. But for the Elevens, they are not capable of doing that themselves, and they do not know for sure that Lelouch is capable of that either. I cannot argue against freedom being their "common" goal, but what is necessary would be much much different for both of them. I'd believe that the rebels would likely feel it necessary to expel their captors and defend their country... because they do not possess the means to retaliate against such a massive empire in comparison to themselves. Lelouch on the other hand is capable and he knows he can... but obviously he won't reveal that secret to anyone.

Quote:
I think it is safe to say that Kallen has developed some attraction to Zero beyond the simple star of hope.
I'm curious as to what that "attraction" may be. Do you guys know something that I don't? Does she have a fetish for people with power? But in all honesty, I hope you're not referencing things from the earlier episodes (people tend to cite the case where Kallen is pulled in by Lelouch in the initial episodes... but she was feigning weakness since that was her disguise)... and in the later episodes, you may also describe that "attraction" as admiration and some feeling of trust/respect since he was a relatively unknown and possibly conniving character before he had displayed his leadership and knowledge.

Quote:
At the start he is no different from the Emperor, but you can see him develop an understanding of what is important. He gives people options, something no one else has been shown to do.
Correction, he gives them another option, not multiple options. The problem is, Lelouch whether he wanted to be or not, is indeed in a position where he is the entirety of the rebel force. Their choice is to follow him, and now they're at his whim. I think everyone has a general sense of what is important: Britannia must fall. What's important to Lelouch is Nunally, and as long as he remembers that, he'll always be on a good track. But if he wants allies who are still alive to fight along side him, he has to make better choices or he'll lose more and more of them until he has none left.
Old 2007-09-06, 19:56   Link #140
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
There is a huge problem with the correlation between the first statement and the second statement. For Lelouch, it would make sense that Britannia would have to be destroyed to attain that freedom. He understands that. But for the Elevens, they are not capable of doing that themselves, and they do not know for sure that Lelouch is capable of that either. I cannot argue against freedom being their "common" goal, but what is necessary would be much much different for both of them. I'd believe that the rebels would likely feel it necessary to expel their captors and defend their country... because they do not possess the means to retaliate against such a massive empire in comparison to themselves. Lelouch on the other hand is capable and he knows he can... but obviously he won't reveal that secret to anyone.
I see your point, but does Lelouch really know he can over throw the empire? I think he believes it but how true that may be is another story.

Quote:
I'm curious as to what that "attraction" may be. Do you guys know something that I don't? Does she have a fetish for people with power? But in all honesty, I hope you're not referencing things from the earlier episodes (people tend to cite the case where Kallen is pulled in by Lelouch in the initial episodes... but she was feigning weakness since that was her disguise)... and in the later episodes, you may also describe that "attraction" as admiration and some feeling of trust/respect since he was a relatively unknown and possibly conniving character before he had displayed his leadership and knowledge.
There is definitely an admiration and I am referring to episodes that go after around the half-way point of the show. She was also the only who seemed to always believe in Zero, so I would say that showed a great deal of trust. I don't see that ever waning, except for in 25 but I don't see why it would even then really.

Quote:
Correction, he gives them another option, not multiple options. The problem is, Lelouch whether he wanted to be or not, is indeed in a position where he is the entirety of the rebel force. Their choice is to follow him, and now they're at his whim. I think everyone has a general sense of what is important: Britannia must fall. What's important to Lelouch is Nunally, and as long as he remembers that, he'll always be on a good track. But if he wants allies who are still alive to fight along side him, he has to make better choices or he'll lose more and more of them until he has none left.
Fine, he gives an option. That is still more than anyone else. I will agree that as it is shaping right now, he will lose his followers so he needs to reform. I see it as this, when he loses Kallen, he has basically lost everything. Through out the show she has been his strongest supporter and what I'd see as part of what bound the OoTBK to Zero, if he loses that I don't see the rest of the pieces staying put.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance