AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 28 28.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 30.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 26.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.03%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-01, 23:18   Link #61
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I don't know why, but I think Simon's way too GAR now.

He looks kind of reckless now, may share the same fate as Kamina.
Old 2007-09-01, 23:23   Link #62
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Heh, can't you people tell? This is the usual Gurren-Lagann misdirection.

The entire scene in episode 23 looked almost EXACTLY like episode one, making us believe that this will truly be their final outfits, and thus making this battle the actual "final" battle.

I don't believe for a second that the Anti-Spirals will be the last threat.
Well if you look carefully Simon's outfit is actually not exactly the same from episode 1

And mystery guy is not present. So obviously it is not the scene from episode 1.
Old 2007-09-01, 23:33   Link #63
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Well if you look carefully Simon's outfit is actually not exactly the same from episode 1

And mystery guy is not present. So obviously it is not the scene from episode 1.
I'm not saying that it's literally the same scene.

I'm saying that people will connect the two scenes together, which will also link that Simon with the current one we have right now.
Old 2007-09-01, 23:43   Link #64
zalem

Good episode. Nothing groundbreaking, but it's more of an interlude episode leading up to the big battles so you kind of expect there to be less action.

The new outfits are hilarious. LOLOLOL. I'm surprised none of them are complaining (especially Viral).
Old 2007-09-01, 23:54   Link #65
Tsukou

Quote:

For the sake of comparison.

Simon's wardrobe is getting a serious workout here.

This also means that we may be headed for one final timeskip.
Hmm, i like the skull-belt that he wore in the first episode, now he's got 2 belts to make up for it? i guess they unite to make the skull belt..

i definitely like the first costume better, less flashy with that golden colors on his sleeves and coat, his pants are a little bit higher, (pull those pants up mister), and let's not forget the covered in shadow-coolness
Old 2007-09-02, 00:25   Link #66
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
I'm saying that people will connect the two scenes together, which will also link that Simon with the current one we have right now.
What you mean to say is, Gainax is putting in a number of simmilarities to fool the viewers into thinking they can correctly predict the final outcome of the story. Case in point - when we first saw episode seven's preview, most of us thought the Daiganzan was going to end up being Garlock's ship. It turned out that the Daiganzan ended up destroyed BUT it shared some simmilarities with Garlock's current ship, as hinted at through the name "Super Galaxy Great Gurren" versus the original "Great Gurren".

I like they way you think, Emiya.
Old 2007-09-02, 00:28   Link #67
GPA

Spoiler for Gurren Lagann 23 Preview:
Old 2007-09-02, 00:55   Link #68
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
What you mean to say is, Gainax is putting in a number of simmilarities to fool the viewers into thinking they can correctly predict the final outcome of the story. Case in point - when we first saw episode seven's preview, most of us thought the Daiganzan was going to end up being Garlock's ship. It turned out that the Daiganzan ended up destroyed BUT it shared some simmilarities with Garlock's current ship, as hinted at through the name "Super Galaxy Great Gurren" versus the original "Great Gurren".

I like they way you think, Emiya.
Well, it's happened so many times that I now think like that.

For example: Old Coco. People thought that he was going to turn out to become somebody special, but he was just a butler. Then we have Rossiu's book, which people thought to be something lifechanging. Rossiu couldn't read it.

It's stuff like these that make people jump into conclusions.
Old 2007-09-02, 02:36   Link #69
Tsukou

but i mean, if this series is 26 episodes.. it's safe to assume this has to be the final ship.. still.. yoko is ridiculous >.>; haha even kittan gives his agreement in the ridiculousness of her outfit, through the nosebleed of course..
Old 2007-09-02, 03:01   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh god, I can't stop laughing at how ridiculous these outfits are. Viral is the worst, I mean...look at him !

I think Simon's cosplay of Harlock is pretty cool though, he just needs to put something on his chest (how about a shirt with a skull on it? )
Old 2007-09-02, 03:52   Link #71
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
but i mean, if this series is 26 episodes.. it's safe to assume this has to be the final ship.. still.. yoko is ridiculous >.>; haha even kittan gives his agreement in the ridiculousness of her outfit, through the nosebleed of course..
In case you didn't know by now... there are 27 episodes in total, due to the recap ep.
Old 2007-09-02, 04:05   Link #72
Destructive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
The new outfits are hilarious. LOLOLOL. I'm surprised none of them are complaining (especially Viral).
I can't take Viral seriously in that.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-02, 04:19   Link #73
KKensei
Lost Member

It might just be me...but I think there will be another ship....the ship from the first episode looks a bit different from the Cathedral Terra.
Old 2007-09-02, 05:23   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKensei View Post
It might just be me...but I think there will be another ship....the ship from the first episode looks a bit different from the Cathedral Terra.
I'm not saying i know what happens, though the Terra could easily go under modifications, instead of a complete new ship --- we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't know about anyone else, but i LOVE these new costumes. They're perfect for the show, and like i said are 100% wacky Gainax.
Old 2007-09-02, 05:56   Link #75
Dave1988
Kick reason to the curb!

Send a message via MSN to Dave1988
Too much epic scenes in this one for me to hate on the costume designs.
I lOVE this ep!
Old 2007-09-02, 07:15   Link #76
terrus

I enjoyed this episode too while it was an intermission i thought it was well done with some decent scenes, eg the Arc Gurren hoveriing over Kamina city and the telportation sequence and Simon hitting Rossiu were great too. And yes whilst those otfits are loud there just a homage to the Super robot shows of the seventies and eighties and in my opnion don't look that bad (except for Yoko, boy that took me by suprise as much it did Kittan LOL). Still the question that everyones asking has yet to be answered who is the guy from episode one?
Old 2007-09-02, 07:27   Link #77
_gallo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Still the question that everyones asking has yet to be answered who is the guy from episode one?
Well, imho
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-02, 09:02   Link #78
Tehillusion
Pew Pew Pwn

i havent watch this ep yet.. (waiting for sub)...

as i seen couple of pics.

Spoiler for Ep 23:
Old 2007-09-02, 09:25   Link #79
terrus

Juding from the fans reaction to the outfits i'm willing to bet someone else from gainax is going to retire.
Old 2007-09-02, 10:24   Link #80
lightbringer
M9000

Gallo, that's lovely. I actually think that might really be the case lol. It's a bit far-stretched but nice detective work.
Closed Thread