Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-13, 23:08   Link #661
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rein Masamuri View Post
Not true. All filler anime is removed from what we consider "cannon," as they usually deviate from the rules and structure of the non-filler arcs causing contradictions, which most anime enthusiasts will notice.
Ah, but it is true. Anime-original episodes are in the anime continuity and they don't deviate from anything that much. Most filler hate comes from unreasonable stereotypes and bias. If anything, most of the "deviations" are either exaggerated or just totally made up.
Old 2007-08-18, 07:47   Link #662
fatal-emu

Bounto Filler Skipping

I'm wondering, can I skip the bounto filler and not miss anything important?
I'm up to episode 95, but I can't take anymore, watching it is becoming a chore.
Old 2007-08-18, 08:27   Link #663
Samuel20709
Banned

Well Your Not Gonna Miss Anything Vital So U can Go Ahead And Skip It But I Say If Ur A Ishida Fan Watch it XD
Old 2007-09-06, 12:49   Link #664
Dominus

Nothing wrong with enjoying the filler, but I don't think any filler-haters are properly expressing why we dislike it.

The Bleach story is based on the imagination of a wonderful manga author. He creates compelling characters and worlds and story arcs that entertain and delight us. We enjoy watching these characters grow and change.

Filler is written by others, based on the author's work. At the end of these filler arcs, the characters will essentially be the same as they were before. So all we saw was some time-wasting. The sum total of those filler episodes will be a few more special effects, and some new plushies for sale. Special effects and plushies alone do not compelling anime make.

Now if by some chance, the writer of the filler episode was some up-and-coming brilliant author, we'd all be debating about how the filler was as good or somehow even better than the manga. After all, a hallmark of American television is that the episodes are often written by different writers. But this didn't happen, and it's not a standard they strive for over there, and it's unlikely to happen since the characters will all essentially be unchanged when the anime returns to the creators' storyline.

Compare the difference in say, the compelling episode where Ichigo's family visits their mothers' grave, and the early bounto episode where the guys sit down and figure out how to walk through the illusions in the museum. To some of you, this was entertaining enough. For the rest of us, it was watching a sad little puppet show *based on* something we love.

These filler episodes may be good enough for some of you, and they may be better than other anime fillers, but they're not good enough for some of us to waste 23 minutes of precious life watching them.
Old 2007-09-06, 20:50   Link #665
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
Nothing wrong with enjoying the filler, but I don't think any filler-haters are properly expressing why we dislike it.
Some are... but it's nice to hear more opinions

Quote:
The Bleach story is based on the imagination of a wonderful manga author. He creates compelling characters and worlds and story arcs that entertain and delight us. We enjoy watching these characters grow and change.

Filler is written by others, based on the author's work. At the end of these filler arcs, the characters will essentially be the same as they were before. So all we saw was some time-wasting. The sum total of those filler episodes will be a few more special effects, and some new plushies for sale. Special effects and plushies alone do not compelling anime make.

Now if by some chance, the writer of the filler episode was some up-and-coming brilliant author, we'd all be debating about how the filler was as good or somehow even better than the manga. After all, a hallmark of American television is that the episodes are often written by different writers. But this didn't happen, and it's not a standard they strive for over there, and it's unlikely to happen since the characters will all essentially be unchanged when the anime returns to the creators' storyline.
You can't really say that characters are the same before/after fillers. Ichigo's 11-second vaizard duration, for example. He didn't have that before the recent batch of fillers. Renji/Chad have also gotten stronger during those fillers.

Quote:
Compare the difference in say, the compelling episode where Ichigo's family visits their mothers' grave, and the early bounto episode where the guys sit down and figure out how to walk through the illusions in the museum. To some of you, this was entertaining enough. For the rest of us, it was watching a sad little puppet show *based on* something we love.
Why are you looking at it in that context though? They're the same characters as in previous episodes. They're in the same continuity as previous episodes. I just think that trying to judge episodes based on who created them is unnecessary and being too picky.

Quote:
These filler episodes may be good enough for some of you, and they may be better than other anime fillers, but they're not good enough for some of us to waste 23 minutes of precious life watching them.
So... you're not wasting your precious life watching every other episode?
Old 2007-09-11, 02:40   Link #666
XxHaixX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Renji/Chad have also gotten stronger during those fillers.
eh... didn't chad got stronger when urahara tricked renji into training him? i believe it to be volume 25 or 26 of the manga...
Old 2007-09-11, 22:55   Link #667
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHaixX View Post
eh... didn't chad got stronger when urahara tricked renji into training him? i believe it to be volume 25 or 26 of the manga...
How does that disprove that they got stronger during the last few fillers?
Old 2007-09-12, 07:01   Link #668
XxHaixX

no.. i wasn't disproving it... they did indeed got strong during the fillers... i was just trying to say that the both of them will get stronger before the end of the arc, before the filler.. its not like they got stronger ONLY during the fillers..
Old 2007-09-12, 15:35   Link #669
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHaixX View Post
no.. i wasn't disproving it... they did indeed got strong during the fillers... i was just trying to say that the both of them will get stronger before the end of the arc, before the filler.. its not like they got stronger ONLY during the fillers..
Ah okay then
Old 2007-10-16, 16:19   Link #670
josephguy2004

New Bleach Filler Arc confirmed spoiler

The New Arc Starts 11/07/2007 ep 147 is the start, so 146 will be the last of the manga for the rest of the year and 3-4 months of next year dam filler, ep 147 The Forest of Menos! The Search for the Missing Rukia

The Filler will be between 13-26 eps so thats 6 months of crap.
Old 2007-10-16, 16:30   Link #671
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Is this in reference to the tv show or the manga?
Old 2007-10-16, 16:40   Link #672
Irkalla
I asked for this

Better looking for Rukia than Inoue.
Old 2007-10-16, 16:43   Link #673
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Let the rabid fanboy hating begin again...
Old 2007-10-16, 18:05   Link #674
josephguy2004

anime

it's anime and filler crap 26 eps of shit.
Old 2007-10-16, 18:46   Link #675
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
What the HFIL is so wrong w/the "fillers"? NOTHING. It won't harm the story because it's PART OF THE STORY. And no one's forcing you to watch Bleach.
YAY someone said it for me

Don't like the episode .. DON'T WATCH IT!
Old 2007-10-16, 18:52   Link #676
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Let the rabid fanboy hating begin again...

i don't get all this hate.. no one is forced to watch these episodes as they are clearly announced as filler material, and we all know that this arc is necessary to avoid a hiatus. Just imagine how long this break would last! bounto arc for example took 1 year and it was still not enough time for kubo.

and after all it's completely different from other anime series, where they stretch it by force with unnecessary and much much much worser filler episodes(not even arcs!).. with the exception of some letdowns the anime studio did quite a good job on producing filler stories on their own.. i had my laughs with don kanonji and i was interested in the bounto storyline and watched it every week, it had just a bad start

anyway, please get a life and stop complaining.. you won't die of these 26 episodes, and 99% of this community probably doesn't even pay for their amusement..
Old 2007-10-16, 20:40   Link #677
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post

anyway, please get a life and stop complaining.. you won't die of these 26 episodes, and 99% of this community probably doesn't even pay for their amusement..
True that a lot of us don't pay to watch bleach.

I understand the need for fillers because if they did not happen the animea would catch up to the manga in like 2 months and then what?

Its ok I am not complaining.I just hope they will be a little better material than the last bunch. Compared to the last bunch the bounto eps. were great!

If its going to be about rukia its probably going to make her even more popular, so rukia fans should be happy...

As for myself I will stay faithful to the manga, no matter how painful it is right now.
Old 2007-10-16, 20:46   Link #678
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post

i don't get all this hate.. no one is forced to watch these episodes as they are clearly announced as filler material, and we all know that this arc is necessary to avoid a hiatus. Just imagine how long this break would last! bounto arc for example took 1 year and it was still not enough time for kubo.

and after all it's completely different from other anime series, where they stretch it by force with unnecessary and much much much worser filler episodes(not even arcs!).. with the exception of some letdowns the anime studio did quite a good job on producing filler stories on their own.. i had my laughs with don kanonji and i was interested in the bounto storyline and watched it every week, it had just a bad start

You need to stop interfering when people need to vent sir. Fillers are the bane of the anime world, so very awful. However, they are completely necessary to allow the author to progress with the real story. Obviously, however, people are going to still be upset when they have to wait months on end to see Kubo's story animated, with the real story progressing and all that good stuff. It actually doesn't really matter to me because the manga is sooooo much better than the anime 90% of the time (the other 10% the anime is just as good) so I don't really watch the anime anyways. So that's where all the hate originates; I wish I was still as naive as the anime-only watchers, stupid Naruto fillers forced me to read the mangas.

Stop complaining about complainers.
Old 2007-10-16, 21:02   Link #679
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
Stop complaining about people who complain about complainers...
Old 2007-10-16, 21:39   Link #680
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
good point i just wanted to set things right because i'm sick of this unnecessary hatred and flames and so on.. in the end i've become hot-headed i guess shame on me

as for the anime-manga-disput in general: i think the "problem" is that everyone gets a different point of view by reading the manga, in the end its all in our heads and imagination etc.. so you will end up irritated when you see the manga and feel uncomfortable with their interpretation.. its only natural to like it better when its based on your own experience
Closed Thread