AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 34 16.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 25.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 34 16.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 35 16.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 21 10.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 6.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 2.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.87%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-20, 19:40   Link #221
Kreyco

Back to the basics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
They would have us believe she just ate guts because they was tasty :P

I think they _should_ have just explained that she had changed form and was releasing more yoma power (ala duff, riful, isley, rigardo), but thats not what they were trying to say there. They were trying to make some lame twist like she was half awakened lol
As the audience we KNOW for a fact that only awakened beings eat entrails. This is an undeniable fact that isn't under speculation. Pris was awakened in an early episode and simply changed her form in #25. Every time there is a crazy blue or red colored tornado, some charachter, AB or Claymore, changed somehow. To what extent is the only debate worth while. The effect of each limit break( FFVII flasback ) is a debateble issue. As far as whether or not the steriod Pris is her "true form" is mute since Yoma are shapeshifters and can probably assume any shape/form they desire.
Old 2007-09-20, 19:48   Link #222
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreyco View Post
As the audience we KNOW for a fact that only awakened beings eat entrails. This is an undeniable fact that isn't under speculation. Pris was awakened in an early episode and simply changed her form in #25. Every time there is a crazy blue or red colored tornado, some charachter, AB or Claymore, changed somehow. To what extent is the only debate worth while. The effect of each limit break( FFVII flasback ) is a debateble issue. As far as whether or not the steriod Pris is her "true form" is mute since Yoma are shapeshifters and can probably assume any shape/form they desire.
I agree with everything you just said (altho regardo didn't manifest a physical change, he apparently changed strengthwise).

Old 2007-09-20, 19:54   Link #223
flick
電脳コイル'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
This episode was ... well, pure eye-candy. It was nice to look at, animation and colors were well done. Another good thing was Aya Hisakawa, as always she really brought Prissy's character to life ... so ... evil and full of herself With her "I am justice and kill everybody who doesn't agree with me" way of thinking she is kinda similar to Light Yagami. (Madhouse still stuck in Death Note anime ...)

And that's about it.

I completely agree with Kreyco and Kinematics, so won't repeat all that.

The fighting "coreography" Miria & Co vs Prissy was quite cool ... the one with Clare and Prissy on the other hand was so boring. Half of the episode was full of flashback fillers ... everything was supposed to be really dramatic, but just felt dragged on too long. Too many lines that are repeated all the time.
So even if I try to ignore the lacking story elements and concentrate on a nice fight only ... in the end this is rather disappointing.

Madhouse definitely did not plan this ending carefully. They removed a few things they knew they couldn't put in, alright. But they should have changed and added something to make their personal end flow with the whole series. Adding background story etc earlier instead of putting it in between the fighting scenes. Why did they make it 26 episodes if they don't enough material >.<

@Claymore_Obsessed: Priscilla's second super form looks horrible, like really ugly and ridiculous, can't take her serious at all XD

@Kreyco: Read the manga, you will not regret it, that is for certain. (@flick: you as well )
Thanks for the heads up I did read it a while back and loved it, but can't remember much now (except I wasn't this disappointed by the end of Pieta ^^ so I will read it again! I think it's necessary to recover from the anime going a bit downhill.

p/s: Love reading these threads as eloquent people put into words what I find hard to express myself.
Old 2007-09-20, 20:03   Link #224
Kreyco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
I agree with everything you just said (altho regardo didn't manifest a physical change, he apparently changed strengthwise).
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the tornados are devices used by the director(s) to indicate a high flow rate of yoki. Clare mentioned this at the end of the cathedral fight. Of course, this is relative. The more powerful the being, the more yoki needed to actually make the tornado appear. It's also used to indicate how serious the individual is getting about a particular fight. At least these guys keep the yoki thing straight, even if they have problems with making a good conclusion to the series.

I think part of what we need to remeber when watching the anime is the fact that the subtitles aren't always gonna make complete sense in english( for those of us who don't know Japanese). Terms like "true form" and "half-awakened" seemed a bit off to me, as if the translators were trying to find the best way to describe what was being said.
Old 2007-09-20, 20:08   Link #225
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
My take is, the last arc is too hastily written and not well thought out, plot wise. Art and action sequence is alright but story is wearing a bit thin. I can see where Dazar coming from.
Old 2007-09-20, 20:35   Link #226
Kuroske

Where is the nr. 1 & 2??

Will they even be revealed?
Old 2007-09-20, 23:28   Link #227
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I seriously think that Priscilla was never told what an Awakened Being actually was due to her being so 'green'. All Priscilla knows is 'Youma' and 'Claymore' that's it. Since Awakened Beings are re-named 'Voracious Eaters' by the ORG to avoid outside suspcision, she wouldn't know what an Awakened Being was to begin with. Claymores work under a 'need-to-know' basis when dealing with that subject. The Black Cards keep it to a minimum within the group but usually only the higher ranks know the truth about what an Awakened Being is. For someone who fought strictly without using youki, the last think the ORG is going to be worried about is her unleashing all her power, which is what happened.
Old 2007-09-21, 00:02   Link #228
FullMetalKid

I gave this a 9 for the fight scenes and that's about it. Comparisons can't be made between the manga and anime due to the differences. As we all know the story has been changed since the better eps. I won't say that this anime isn't good but its not great like it could've been. I expected more or less that if it were to have say filler eps, at least it could've retained the original story line. Continuance to a 2nd season and ended perfectly. Thus i will watch the last ep, give my opinion and wait to read the manga. I can say i did enjoy the anime even with all the changes that were made.
Old 2007-09-21, 00:14   Link #229
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

I never thought Pris was ever just "half-Awakened" all these years. She just shifted to a human form and kept her memories dormant all that time. Every AB we've met so far has a human form they keep (well, except for Isley's "marchers" but they presumably have human forms too).
Old 2007-09-21, 01:35   Link #230
^Sakon

Hmm, you know, probably the only thing i can think of that would satisfy everyone here:

Clare and Pris fight goes nutso power vrs power for a bit, Clare gets owned, but then calms down and goes "Teresa mode" maybe due to Raki interference and if not really killin Pris, but beats that fear that Teresa put into her even deeper down her over-muscled neck, and she runs off, EI cliffhanger ending, war in the north concluded, and second season possible.
Spoiler for maybe...:

sure..I'm grasping...and it prolly won't end like that, but hey i can hope
Old 2007-09-21, 02:19   Link #231
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroske View Post
Where is the nr. 1 & 2??

Will they even be revealed?
If there were going to be revealed it would have happened by now. They are simply being left out of the anime since their storylines would keep the writers from being able to wrap up the story in 26 episodes.

If you want to know about Numbers 1 and 2 you'll have to read the manga or read a manga thread.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-09-21, 02:45   Link #232
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I seriously think that Priscilla was never told what an Awakened Being actually was due to her being so 'green'. All Priscilla knows is 'Youma' and 'Claymore' that's it. Since Awakened Beings are re-named 'Voracious Eaters' by the ORG to avoid outside suspcision, she wouldn't know what an Awakened Being was to begin with. Claymores work under a 'need-to-know' basis when dealing with that subject. The Black Cards keep it to a minimum within the group but usually only the higher ranks know the truth about what an Awakened Being is. For someone who fought strictly without using youki, the last think the ORG is going to be worried about is her unleashing all her power, which is what happened.
That maybe true that she didn't know the term "Awakened Being", but she was surely warned that going over limit will cause losing her humanity. Black cards system worked before Priscilla was recruited so she must have known what to do with Claymores that went over their limit. Also Priscilla mentioned sth like "There was no reason to refrain" meaning that she knew that going over her limit might cause sth unpleasant.
On the other hand Ophelia knew a thing or two about Awakened Beings but she didn't realise her awakening.
Old 2007-09-21, 07:10   Link #233
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Great point. If we remember well, even Clare didn't know what a Voracious Eater really is during episodes 03-04. Rubel just explained to her about Awaked Ones in the beggining of episode 09.

The Organization just give information enough to the Claymores fullfill their given mission, nothing else. They're just tools after all.

Most likely, all of then just know about the danger of "turning into a youma if using their powers too much". They were never told about A.O.s, until the day they are chosen to a group of A.O. hunting.
Old 2007-09-21, 07:30   Link #234
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

No, I think Clare knew what an AB was. She knew that Claymores ran the risk of turning into yoma.

She just didn't know how physically different AB are from normal youmas. The one she faced in Rabona was bigger, stronger, and smarter than most of its congeners, so she figured - wrongly - it used to be a Claymore.

And I think they'd have at least told Priscilla the short version - that Claymores who go over their limits turn into youmas. Whether it stuck in her head for more than five seconds is another matter, but they'd at least tell her that.
Old 2007-09-21, 07:40   Link #235
BaronNoir

I hope they will top the serie with an explanation of what do the Organization......

Last edited by BaronNoir; 2007-09-21 at 08:00.
Old 2007-09-21, 08:25   Link #236
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No, I think Clare knew what an AB was. She knew that Claymores ran the risk of turning into yoma.

She just didn't know how physically different AB are from normal youmas. The one she faced in Rabona was bigger, stronger, and smarter than most of its congeners, so she figured - wrongly - it used to be a Claymore.

And I think they'd have at least told Priscilla the short version - that Claymores who go over their limits turn into youmas. Whether it stuck in her head for more than five seconds is another matter, but they'd at least tell her that.

Hmmm... true. After all, when a child she SAW a Claymore awaking. And before that, she saw at least two youmas. So probably she already knew there is a big difference between humans turning youmas and claymores turning youmas.
Old 2007-09-21, 09:41   Link #237
kureshii
Disabled By Request

Finally got to watch it, after being p2p-deprived for a week...

Good episode, not as great as the last 2 episodes but still alright I guess. I'm a little disappointed with the fight - IMBA fights aren't very entertaining (I know, it wouldn't be right for Clare to power up so much...). In any case, awakening seems to be an event that's no more surprising than, say, limbs getting lopped off. Oh look, there goes Deneve's hands. That was Helen's leg, wasn't it? Clare's awakening? It's about time too... especially the awakenings, they happen so often that her awakening at the end of this episode doesn't even carry any tension anymore.

Surprisingly, I quite enjoyed Raki and Jean's moment together; Clare's fanclub finally gets to spend a little time without her =) and though it's kinda obvious Jean's going to die in the next episode (not a spoiler! I really don't know if it's going to happen, but based on what we've seen so far I think it's safe to assume that), it's still nice to see a little of her, even if she didn't do much except carry a still-helpless Raki to the volcano.

How many more awakening charges do you think Clare and Priscilla still have each?
Old 2007-09-21, 10:28   Link #238
PhongNguyen

ok

I thinkt his claymore is all about Clare vs Priscilla. Clare wanted to revange for Teressa, while Pris stupidly wanted to blame it on Teresa. And sadly , we do'nt know what happen to current #1 and #2, Esley, Rifu, and the one from South, or #5's true power, and Irene's whereabout, too much mysterys in this animation.

also I figured Priscilla is half awaken since she beheaded Teressa. Pris was still holding a sword, and her wings look like not finsh develope yet, and her body is small, until I saw Rifu and how hug she is. When Pris full awaken, she don't use the claymore sword no more, just her fingers and stupid wing's missle lol
Old 2007-09-21, 10:31   Link #239
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureshii View Post
How many more awakening charges do you think Clare and Priscilla still have each?
Let me see, Pris has reached Super Saiyan 3 mode so Clare must be Super Saiyan 2 mode, but I'm not sure we'll see Clare's SS3 mode
well technically Clare is only false SS as she hasn't fully awakened but I'll let that one go for now, as it makes things simpler to understand.

now we're set for the epic battle, which btw is taking place in a VOLCANO! doesn't get much better than that for an epic action setting!

At this point anyone expecting the story to be great can really just forget it. If you haven't figured already, its set up as 1v1 revenge, fight to the death ending battle. Not much to explain there really
Old 2007-09-21, 11:02   Link #240
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

I thought that Voracious Eaters were just a cover story for that the Org used to hide the true nature of AB's. That is, Clare just assumed the Rabona Yoma was just a wiser and more evolved Yoma, according to the story the Org fed her. (I forget if the Org deliberately fed her the story as misinformation or if Clare came to that conclusion based on the Voracious Eater myth.)

In any case, the first AB that Clare is sent out against is quick to point out that Voracious Eaters are just a lie to cover for the Org. I'm pretty sure that it would not cross her mind that that the Rabona Yoma might have previously been a Claymore. And I think the other assumption is that awakened Claymores would not have any remnants of their previous personality, just that it would be replaced by a snarling beast. This of course, is patently false, as we've seen time-and-again that AB's do retain a good part of their memories and original personality.

I do agree that the general assumption is that you become a run-of-the-mill Yoma after "Awakening."
Closed Thread