Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-22, 16:23   Link #81
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by malinn View Post
Wow i'm sorry if you feel THAT offended.

But hey, if you don't care about others than yourself, why should i care about you?

But then again, i care for other people, so, i apologize for upsetting you.
No it's not like I don't sleep the night because I feel that bad eh... this episode seemed strange to me because goodbye halcyon days is in ONE chapter of the manga and even at that time people whined it was a boring chapter, a waste of space and so on. To make an entire episode (=3 chapters) about this it's too much... well it's some kind of filler, I know, so ok let's live with it.
I hope they make a filler arc with ONLY Kenpachi anyway!!!
Old 2007-09-22, 18:11   Link #82
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I hope they make a filler arc with ONLY Kenpachi anyway!!!
Mhm. That would be cool.
Old 2007-09-23, 21:29   Link #83
Aadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadi
She couldn't, Ichigo was the only one unconscious...anyone else would have been able to pick up on her emotional state and figured out she was saying good-bye, then there would have been trouble (according to a manga reader who clarified the "don't let them know" statement with a "or I'll kill them" qualifier).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehwyn View Post
Actually, that bracelet made everyone except Espada completely unaware of Inoue's presence. She could have been standing directly in front of a completely awake Ichigo and he wouldn't have noticed.
She was allowed to actually say goodbye to one person...a person that would be able to see her...why would he make that threat if they would never know she was there in the first place? Then she could have said goodbye to as many people as she wanted, to no avail. So no, bracelet or not, she could expose herself to one person and the only person that made sense was Ichigo (aside from being the most important person in her young, hormonal, emotional life).

btw, I lean toward the Ichi-Rukia pairing...that doesn't mean I have to dislike Orihime or dismiss the reality of her feelings (that is, as real as I can accept for a fictional character)...
Old 2007-09-24, 16:44   Link #84
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
Last time i checked, she placed 10th in the 3rd character poll. If the 4th character poll has been released, do post the source.

Anyway i stay neutral about this episode. I have nothing against orihime ( as of current storyline ) but its not like i felt her story was exceptionally touching or anything. Good character development i guess.

ok, I'm tried to say it over and over again. So, this's a unofficial popularity/unpopularity poll of ppl on 2chan.

http://www.ijapan.org/red/index.php?...UzMDQ0MC9sNTB4

991 :名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。:2007/09/23(日) 20:32:02 ID:42APtSJs
1~900まで集計結果(20位まで)
The 20 results from post no.1~900

・好き Favourite characters
1位 一護(193) << Ichigo
2位 織姫(191) << Orihime
3位 ルキア(155) << Rukia
4位 乱菊(141)
5位 GJ(136)
6位 剣八(129)
7位 白哉(127)
8位 恋次(127)
9位 ウルキオラ(126)
10位 夜一(99)
11位 石田(9Cool
12位 ネム(87)
13位 市丸(82)
14位 浮竹(73)
15位 ノイトラ(71)
16位 日番谷(70)
17位 やちる(64)
18位 藍染(61)
19位 卯ノ花(57)
20位 ハリベル(55)

・嫌い Dislike characters
1位 織姫(280) << Orihime
2位 ルキア(235) << Rukia
3位 雛森(234)
4位 日番谷(176)
5位 一護(156)
6位 白哉(113)
7位 乱菊(106)
8位 マユリ(97)
9位 藍染(8Cool
10位 東仙(83)
11位 恋次(74)
12位 ネル(67)
13位 吉良(63)
14位 石田(56)
15位 市丸(54)
16位 茜雫(47)
17位 ウルキオラ(46)
18位 浦原(43)
19位 弓親(40)
20位 GJ(39)

詳細テキスト ttp://www.vipper.net/vip345701.zip.html  pass:0440

995 :名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。:2007/09/24(月) 07:49:00 ID:TZ1fJ5/D
集計乙!!織姫ってある意味すごいな・・
つまりはブリーチで一番存在感がある。。って事になるこの結果はw
Old 2007-09-24, 22:12   Link #85
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
*Sees Orihime as number 3 in the popularity poll*
There are numbers of poll on "who's ur fav Bleach character" on japanese websites and everytime I go see it Orihime is ranked very low. You just happened to pick up the one where she was placed high -_-

Honestley, if you see blogs and boards most people hated this episode because shounen turned into a shoujo
Old 2007-09-25, 00:28   Link #86
kagato3

So your baseing your opinion that very few people like Orihime off of the blogs and boards you goto and saying all other information is biased? It's a fact that in terms of boards and blogs people are more likely to hangaround places that suport they same view as yourself and you have made it pretty clear from your posts that you don't like Orihime so its not suprizeing that places you visit also have a negative opinion of her. Personaly I would trust the 2chan poll over any blog or board poll because first there are almost always going to be more people that would respond on 2 chan then any other web site. In that poll which was from 2 days ago there were 2142 votes cast most boards/blogs are only likely to get maybe 200-400 votes which is not a very good sample, even 2000 isn't a great sample but it's still better then 400. Second 2 chan doesn't seem to have a built in bias on the subject like many blogs and boards seem to.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-09-25, 00:49   Link #87
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Late as usual...Here goes:

Didn't particularly think they needed to devote an entire episode to Orihime's feelings, but it wasn't bad for what it was...As for the whole Rukia-Orihime debate, Orihime defiantly seems to worship or care about Ichigo far more than Rukia (You can take that or leave that)...Additionally I find Orihime's powers (Which once seemed comical at best) far exceed anything Rukia can offer based her lamea$$ ice sword bankai that Espada's will treat like a "motel 6" crush-cubes vending machine...Rukia's overall importance and ability to drive the plot is basically worthless at this juncture and some off and on tsundere chemistry with Ichigo just ain't enuff for me to be interested in her right now (I kinda get annoyed by how weak she is and the pure boring, repetitive nature of her bankai)...She's really quite a disappointment as a character (I don't know if that's the mangaka's fault or not)...Atleast Orihime seems to have an ability that can make a huge difference in the balance...

Oh BTW I'm more pro-Tatsuki then either of those two as not to split-hairs^^...It was good to see even a glimpse of her this ep...But I digress, this arc needs to speed up a bit and give some urgency...We now know pretty much all the intentions of each side an I will be a bit upset if they drag it out endlessley...I'm not saying to rush it, but for the next 10 or so eps to have visible purpose that moves us into the main conflict...I'm gonna pop a vein though if it drifts into another "training to fight the new baddies" exibition (Hell it seems like 70% of this series is just training, albeit some good results from the training)...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2007-09-25 at 00:59.
Old 2007-09-25, 01:10   Link #88
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Erm WD.. Rukia dont have Bankai yet
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-09-25, 07:48   Link #89
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Sorry when I see lots of ice I just think of lamea$$, overkilled bankai's like Hitsigaya...
Old 2007-09-25, 17:42   Link #90
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_young View Post
There are numbers of poll on "who's ur fav Bleach character" on japanese websites and everytime I go see it Orihime is ranked very low. You just happened to pick up the one where she was placed high -_-

Honestley, if you see blogs and boards most people hated this episode because shounen turned into a shoujo
Yeah, cause 2chan is like the smallest japanese anime board. >_>
Old 2007-09-25, 17:59   Link #91
evenex

Can anyone go on without making this a Rukia or Orihime board? From the last poll Rukia was 3 times as popular than Orihime and it’s sorta true that if you look at japanese boards like this most people were complaining about Orihime’s action.

Besides we haven’t seen true potential from both girl yet so I wouldn’t state your personal opinion here.
Old 2007-09-25, 18:55   Link #92
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenex View Post
Can anyone go on without making this a Rukia or Orihime board? From the last poll Rukia was 3 times as popular than Orihime and it’s sorta true that if you look at japanese boards like this most people were complaining about Orihime’s action.

Besides we haven’t seen true potential from both girl yet so I wouldn’t state your personal opinion here.
Just because you're a popular character doesn't mean you're a particularily good or even an overly coherent character (see Lacus Clyne for GOD's sake and by "God" I mean Kira Yamato)...What because Rukia is leading a poll her character all of a sudden has plot driving abilities? Right now Rukia has no ability to drive the plot, when you lose that you lose alot...Like it or hate it Orihime is a vital part of this current arc...I don't care if she's annoying and hell I don't really even have a great liking for her, but even if you hate her you can't deny that she has clear plot-driving abilities now and Rukia is kinda stinking up the place from a character standpoint...I don't care how many otakus who love 100 year old kinda loli looking adult shinigamis vote on online polls, Rukia is kinda pointless right now...Turning people into special hollow-flavored italian-ice kinda pales in comparison to what Orihime can do...
Old 2007-09-25, 21:24   Link #93
evenex

Comparing Orihime to the SS arc, she does get more time frame but the current arc isn’t all about her you know. Besides, just because Rukia isn’t exactly your favourite character doesn’t mean you have to state your personal opinion here. Orihime may have a potential but we haven’t seen anything from her yet but heal and repeat Kurosaki-kun over and over again.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-25, 21:56   Link #94
Aadi

Quote:
Quote:
Besides, just because Rukia isn’t exactly your favourite character doesn’t mean you have to state your personal opinion here.
Uh, I don't know if you've noticed, but this is exactly the place to express "your personal opinion"...it's a "discussion" board...a place where you "discuss" "your personal opinions"...while it is true that this particular discussion is done and overdone on dedicated threads, the discussion is highly topical and appropriate for the current episode...so the real question becomes, why are you so threatened by other people's "opinions" just because they don't align with your own? Quit trying to censor people and their right to freely express themselves.

Anyway, gotta get back to my Halo 3 marathon...22 hrs and counting...gotta love it! Will definitely break for this weeks episode though...lol
Old 2007-09-25, 23:04   Link #95
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Comparing Orihime to the SS arc, she does get more time frame but the current arc isn’t all about her you know. Besides, just because Rukia isn’t exactly your favourite character doesn’t mean you have to state your personal opinion here. Orihime may have a potential but we haven’t seen anything from her yet but heal and repeat Kurosaki-kun over and over again.

Spoiler:
First off why did you even spoiler tag that? Everybody knows Rukia killed hollowified Kaien...Now whether or not that's the most meaningful in the history of the show, can't say I'd scream and shout that (I'd go with Ichi-Byakuya as that was Ichi's coming out party and the bada$$ introduction of Hollichigo)...My point is as of this current arc Rukia IMO is quite disappointing as a character...and she has been for some time...Now Bleach is a character based shonen fighter...It's doesn't have much depth in-terms of story nor in consistent evolution of powers IMO (Hunter x Hunter would be a prime example of a shonen-fighter clearly about story and strict development of powers)...In a show like Bleach your importance is based on the character's immediate actions (Because there are so many characters to follow and impressions must be made quickly and firmly)...

Since Rukia has given her powers to Ichigo she has been rather pedestrian IMHO...With the new threat of the Espada's most of us are wondering how the hell one-trick pony Ichigo is gonna win, nevermind Rukia who is weaker than ALL of Hitsygaya's group and they're barely surviving...For her to be the "supposed" second main character of this show, it's kinda weak to me...Add on the fact her sword powers are so overkilled with the already IN-SHOW overused ice-sword usage she seems rather plain to me...Now Orihime (regardless of my personal feelings) seems to have developed a power far more important to the overall plot and to the main "baddie" of the series Aizen (Which means she can drive the main conflict of the series to a degree--That's a BIG THING)...I mean she's a supped-up DBZ's Dende with the Spirit and Time room being berets in her hair ....

Rukia and her popsickle bankai conversely is so far in the background right now, so far behind Grimmjow's open cero-powered hand, now I'm wondering what real importance her character has beyond the tsundere tomboyish comedy...Again this is just the overview of the debate between these two characters and their REAL IMPORTANCE despite whatever bias including my own...With blind justice on my side, perhaps with Tousen's eyes^^, it seems Orihime has greater potential in the heart of this story which is Aizen's ultimate play...
Old 2007-09-26, 01:02   Link #96
Starion
ツァリアン

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
SNIP because it was long...
Spoiler:

Rukia doesn't have bankai, but that may have just been a typo. So far as her power level, shes sure no captain, but she doesn't seem much worse than anyone else in Hitsygaya's group (well, except Ikkaku, when he's willing to release).

Ok, I'll stop there, because I'm an Orihime fanboy, so I don't think I can talk without bias. I like a little Shoujo, so I'm not complaining.
Old 2007-09-26, 07:29   Link #97
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Because you outright told him that his post is off >.>
Yeah.. uncool...

From Monir's sig :

Quote:
Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2007-09-26, 09:39   Link #98
Aadi

Quote:
Yeah, I gotta snip too...lol...:

it seems Orihime has greater potential in the heart of this story which is Aizen's ultimate play...
I whole heartedly agree with this point, even Ichigo has been in the background since the new op. I'm not going to get in to the whole debate about who I like better, I'll just say - I like Bleach, and they are all a part of it. People are free to like who they want, and dislike who they want...that being said, I think that Rukia is going to get stronger (she is healing afterall), Orihime is going to get WAY stronger, as will everyone...that's the purpose of this battle...then when it's done, they'll have to get stronger yet to deal with the next group of bada$$es.

So anyway, let me add a little theory that I've been sitting on for a very long time (well, since the new op)...let me know what you thnk (remember, I don't read the manga, so I may be way off). We all know that Aizen is interested in Orihime for her "interesting" powers, which are based on time distortion with the intent to heal. Well he's about to inflict a whole lotta pain on that little town, maybe he's going to train Orihime to the point where she can actually reverse the effects of the creation of the key (that's how he'll get her to willingly cooperate and stay)...based on the premise that Aizen has a plan (which will "wake-up" the Soul Society) and really doesn't want to kill that many people, so if he can get his key, fulfill his plan and not have to kill so many people, he can become a good guy again...remember, no one has died so far other than a few hollow's, which is not really a problem - they're there to die...lol. This may be a little far fetched, but it is a possibility (even though she hasn't brought anyone back from the dead, with time reversal fully trained, she may be able to).
Old 2007-09-26, 19:48   Link #99
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadi View Post
I whole heartedly agree with this point, even Ichigo has been in the background since the new op. I'm not going to get in to the whole debate about who I like better, I'll just say - I like Bleach, and they are all a part of it. People are free to like who they want, and dislike who they want...that being said, I think that Rukia is going to get stronger (she is healing afterall), Orihime is going to get WAY stronger, as will everyone...that's the purpose of this battle...then when it's done, they'll have to get stronger yet to deal with the next group of bada$$es.

So anyway, let me add a little theory that I've been sitting on for a very long time (well, since the new op)...let me know what you thnk (remember, I don't read the manga, so I may be way off). We all know that Aizen is interested in Orihime for her "interesting" powers, which are based on time distortion with the intent to heal. Well he's about to inflict a whole lotta pain on that little town, maybe he's going to train Orihime to the point where she can actually reverse the effects of the creation of the key (that's how he'll get her to willingly cooperate and stay)...based on the premise that Aizen has a plan (which will "wake-up" the Soul Society) and really doesn't want to kill that many people, so if he can get his key, fulfill his plan and not have to kill so many people, he can become a good guy again...remember, no one has died so far other than a few hollow's, which is not really a problem - they're there to die...lol. This may be a little far fetched, but it is a possibility (even though she hasn't brought anyone back from the dead, with time reversal fully trained, she may be able to).
If her power has no restrictions between animate and inanimate objects then I see no reason why your theory can't have a chance...Quite interesting to say the least (The point about the key that is)...My theory is more along the lines of having her use her power to tear open the dimensional barriers of SS, Earth, and Hueco mundo to help Aizen lead his assault (This is would make her Aizen's Itsuki if you know about YuYu hakusho's Sensui Shinobu arc which Bleach is ripping)...Also imagine her power concentrated and trained to have her shoot rays of energy that just tear open dimensions and whoever gets in Aizen's way...No matter how strong you are if she entrapes you she can peel away your physical reality...I think Aizen will turn her kinda evil because any impressionable chick trapped by the charismatic smooth-talker slash magical illusionist such as Aizen is bound to flip^^, and Orihime is a prime candidate for Stockholm syndrome (A sickness that makes hostages sympathize with their captures)...She'll be saying "Aizen-sama" and going all "MoMo" over him soon enuff...
Old 2007-09-27, 22:37   Link #100
Aadi

Quote:
If her power has no restrictions between animate and inanimate objects then I see no reason why your theory can't have a chance...Quite interesting to say the least (The point about the key that is)...My theory is more along the lines of having her use her power to tear open the dimensional barriers of SS, Earth, and Hueco mundo to help Aizen lead his assault (This is would make her Aizen's Itsuki if you know about YuYu hakusho's Sensui Shinobu arc which Bleach is ripping)...Also imagine her power concentrated and trained to have her shoot rays of energy that just tear open dimensions and whoever gets in Aizen's way...No matter how strong you are if she entrapes you she can peel away your physical reality...I think Aizen will turn her kinda evil because any impressionable chick trapped by the charismatic smooth-talker slash magical illusionist such as Aizen is bound to flip^^, and Orihime is a prime candidate for Stockholm syndrome (A sickness that makes hostages sympathize with their captures)...She'll be saying "Aizen-sama" and going all "MoMo" over him soon enuff...
lol.......
Closed Thread