AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-28, 03:32   Link #361
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
It IS a rape. Not that Kotonoha even cared about it anyway though... she said later she would forget about what happened.

To Kotonoha, Makoto was the whole world. How many times did she say "Makoto's girl friend, is me" in the series? BTW her name literally means "words", and her only hold on Makoto was the same words again and again......
She loved Makoto. She got betrayed by makoto and after denying it a couple of times she came to accept it. She used Taisuke as a replacement after she thought makoto doesnt like her any more( the one truely at fault is the double timer Makoto, But still doesnt excuse Kotonaha of using taisuke as replacement for makoto) . She tried to avoid makoto in the train. He was stoped by Makoto the person she truely loved. Makoto Apologized to her. She was overjoyed. She dissed the person she used as replacement ( So She bascially used/seduce Taisuke because she thought makoto doesnt care for her).
Old 2007-09-28, 03:32   Link #362
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I didn't like it. Makoto should've died, and I wouldn't mind, but what happened after was disturbing. 5/10
Old 2007-09-28, 03:36   Link #363
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Nah, Sekai's reaction at the end pretty much said it all, she was lying about the pregnancy.
Man, i'm glad she got it. It was even better than Makoto's expected death.
I'm surprised how some people thinks Sekai was a pure saint or something, seeing all the stuff she did. She never respected even her so called "best friend"' feelings. Geez.
Then again, Sekai only cared about herself till the very end, just like Makoto.
Old 2007-09-28, 03:37   Link #364
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I didn't like it. Makoto should've died, and I wouldn't mind, but what happened after was disturbing. 5/10
Well i thought the death part was harsh. Maybe he should have been punished by being abandoned by every one. That would teach him a good lesson.

Its so hard for me to vote on this episode. I am tempted to vote 1 on it and at the same time i want to vote 10 on it.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-09-28 at 03:56.
Old 2007-09-28, 03:45   Link #365
hipeach

Quote:
Makoto's death was delicious, but what happened after was even better
Old 2007-09-28, 04:03   Link #366
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Well I didn't find the slicing Sekai thing delicious, because that's still really mean. Whether or not she has a baby or not, I'd rather see Kotonoha go crazy and Sekai escapes Kotonoha then they sail off on a "nice boat" than that ending. At the end I was seriously supporting Kotonoha because to me it looked like Makoto was showing remorse...yes I do believe it.

And Whitemoon648 has a very interesting point. Many times in this series I wanted to vote a 1 or a 10...and it is the only series that I would consider this.

Also, one thing that disturbs me the most. They're in high school, but they have no parents or something? If Sekai skips classes for 3-4 days in a row wouldn't his parents notice? It seems like they all live alone for some apparent reason.
Old 2007-09-28, 04:10   Link #367
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:

Also, one thing that disturbs me the most. They're in high school, but they have no parents or something? If Sekai skips classes for 3-4 days in a row wouldn't his parents notice? It seems like they all live alone for some apparent reason.
Welcome to anime world . This is probably one of the few romance anime ( that i have seen) that you actually see parents a couple of times. Usually you dont see their parents at all. I guess we are supposed to assume they told their parents they didnt feel good and wanted to stay in those days.
Old 2007-09-28, 04:22   Link #368
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Well I know what you mean completely, but there are always some explanation for it. In Canvas 2, it was stated clearly that Elis was sent to live with Hiroki. In KgNE, they didn't show Takayuki or Mitsuki's parents but they never stayed home for 4 days in a row nor show them walking around their house completely empty. In this anime though, Sekai comes over to Makoto's house to cook dinner (where are his parents?) so we know Makoto lives alone. Kotonoha probably has parents but they don't seem to mind that she talks to herself or wander around aimlessly with no life in her eyes. Sekai of course doesn't go to school for no good reason and no one cares. I don't know...I've noticed it before in some anime but in School Days it's blatantly noticeable without any good explanation.
Old 2007-09-28, 04:28   Link #369
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This flaw is from the anime yes. Only Kotonoha's mother "appeared" once.
In the game, we see Sekai's mother and Makoto's mother a lot.
In fact, the later welcomes the "current girl" quite often.

As for Kotonoha's dad, he is quite a busy salaryman IIRC. No wonder why he is quite strict, since he cannot keep an eye on his daughters.
Old 2007-09-28, 04:34   Link #370
Wheelman56

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheny View Post
i m being true to myself here, how many guys in here won't fuck those girls if they offer them self to you? Makoto at some point just showing our male human nature.
This is true. Guys will be guys... but what Makoto did that just infuriated me and made me despise him was how he just lead the girls on when he was no longer interested in them. He should have broken up with Kotonoha during like Episode 5, but instead waits until Episode 10 to finally confess to her the truth. He ends up doing the same thing to Sekai, and that bundled with him making out with Kotonoha in front of her and recommending for her to get an abortion, lead to his death.

Makoto teaches us that if you're going to be a manwhore, at least be a MAN about it. He was a bigger pussy than any girl in that show. These girls get pissed and kill people, he just stands there and takes it in the stomach.
Old 2007-09-28, 04:38   Link #371
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I'm being true to myself here, I won't. If I already have a girlfriend, that's it. If I really want someone else, I'll break up with my current girlfriend and go with her. If I want to be Makoto, then I wouldn't be making promises with two girls then have sex with the rest.
Old 2007-09-28, 04:45   Link #372
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Yeah, I agree with Wheelman56. Makoto was a manwhore, but I think the punishment was too harsh. He was still in high school, he was dumb, weak, and is still learning. I think he became a sex addict and needed help. He got kill by Sekai and she wasn't even pregnant. I think the killing was unnecessary.
It ended almost the way I wanted it, except I didn't want anyone to die. I wanted them to learn a lesson.
Old 2007-09-28, 04:48   Link #373
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
Taisuke is actually a surprisingly responsible guy in the anime. He even wants to take responsibility, I'm quite surprised by that.

By your logic, in KGNE Mitsuki raped both Takayuki and Shinji, lol that bitch

really, when some depressed guy got offered a night by a chick, it's the chick's kindness, and when it's the other way around, it's rape? enough sexism.
1. What's KGNE?

2. Offering something and accepting it are different matters. Yes, Konohata never resisted, but she didn't accept it either. I'm arguing against the belief that Konohata gave herself up to Taiske, not on whether it's rape (hence my I said it's practically a rape, not an actual rape.)
Old 2007-09-28, 04:49   Link #374
TalentedStar

The ending was Gold. While I was watching this series I thought there was no way for it to turn out great, but after watching this episode, all I can say is I'm satisfied.
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2007-09-28, 04:50   Link #375
hipeach

Quote:
Well I didn't find the slicing Sekai thing delicious, because that's still really mean. Whether or not she has a baby or not, I'd rather see Kotonoha go crazy and Sekai escapes Kotonoha then they sail off on a "nice boat" than that ending.
well, slicing Sekai is really no meaner than stabbing Makoto, both are enjoyable in this anime imho.
Old 2007-09-28, 04:54   Link #376
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
1. What's KGNE?

2. Offering something and accepting it are different matters. Yes, Konohata never resisted, but she didn't accept it either. I'm arguing against the belief that Konohata gave herself up to Taiske, not on whether it's rape (hence my I said it's practically a rape, not an actual rape.)
1. Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

2. well, they are asian, asian girls don't usually go out and say aloud that she wants to "do it" to a guy. Not resisting when offered a night together usually equates to accepting in most asian culture. It's not like you need both sides to sign a contract to make sure they both formally accept it before "do it"

For example when you hold a girl's hand and tell her you want to go to hotel together, and the girl doesn't resist and go away, it usually means she accepts to "do it" with you. And it's hard to tell what's a "practical rape" instead of "actual rape" when there's no definition of it.
Old 2007-09-28, 05:00   Link #377
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
1. What's KGNE?

1) Kimi Ga Nozomu Ein = a really popular and famous anime.

2) you cant even make up your mind on this and accused me of twisting the story. All evidence from the later episode was in the direction of Kotonaha using Taiske, thus i said she used/seduce Taiske. Of course every one is entitled to their opinion but accusing some one of twisting the story ( when they didnt) is kind of harsh .

I at least came up with later episode scenes to support my theory, But you didnt do that.

Also look at this example. You asked your friend that your are going to borrow his book and he notice you are taking his book. He doesnt stop you from borrowing and doesnt say you cant, so you would assume he let you borrow it. You are not going to make him sign a contract that he let you borrow it, would you?

P.S. Accusing me some one of twisting story doesnt count as a support .
Old 2007-09-28, 05:01   Link #378
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
2. well, they are asian, asian girls don't usually go out and say aloud that she wants to "do it" to a guy. Not resisting when offered a night together usually equates to accepting in most asian culture. It's not like you need both sides to sign a contract to make sure they both formally accept it before "do it"

For example when you hold a girl's hand and tell her you want to go to hotel together, and the girl doesn't resist and go away, it usually means she accepts to "do it" with you.
You are absurdely over generalizing.
As an asian, I don't get where you get this from, but even though it is common knowledge "we are a bit shy", it has nothing to do with such matter.
Again, it isn't anything with conscent. She was not thinking right, end of the story.
If she wanted badly taisuke as a compensation, even for one night, she would treated him as Makoto, while she was shown lifeless, and still in her obsession state. Even after that, she is just motionless and goes out to check on makoto.
Old 2007-09-28, 05:08   Link #379
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As an asian, I don't get where you get this from, but even though it is common knowledge "we are a bit shy", it has nothing to do with such matter.
Again, it isn't anything with conscent. She was not thinking right, end of the story.
I got it from my personal experience, nothing with generalizing. If not formally "accepting" aloud means rape, over 80% of us would be in prison And it has a lot to do with this matter when we were discussing about some supposed "practical rape". Mind you please read the previous posts of the discussion if you want to join it

she was not thinking right, sure, anyone who falls for a complete moron such as Makoto is not thinking right. and Taisuke was not raping her, that's as far as I can see.

Last edited by hipeach; 2007-09-28 at 05:22.
Old 2007-09-28, 05:19   Link #380
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
If she wanted badly taisuke as a compensation, even for one night, she would treated him as Makoto, while she was shown lifeless, and still in her obsession state. Even after that, she is just motionless and goes out to check on makoto.
She wouldnt treat him the same way as Makoto, Because:

1) She doesnt love him
2) She is only using him as replacement.

Because she was depressed and heart broken, she wasnt thinking right, so even though she doesnt really love him, she use Taiske as replacement , because she think all hope is lost with Taiske. She even tries to avoid Makoto the next episode which shows that she thinks, she is a lost cause.

However Makoto apologize and she is overjoyed because she only loves Makoto. She might have even gone out ( at least consider) going out with Taiske if makoto hadnt apologize.

Of course these are just my opinions. Every one is having diffrent opinion on this and ofcourse the nature of this anime is that every one is guessing about what actually happend.