AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-19, 19:11   Link #101
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Moskovitz View Post
Oh, you guys...

I find myself hard-pressed to believe that Ryuk's last line in Jaden's synopsis is inferring that...

Spoiler for Death Note Special Episode (Allegation):

Too bad, though. I must say it would have been kind of sweet had it been the case... in a childish "FUCK YEAH!" kind of way.
Did you know helping people can kill a shinigami, thats probably why light is probably wants someone who understands his goals.

I feel sorry for light haters
Old 2007-09-20, 01:08   Link #102
Boris Moskovitz
(-.-)

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
Did you know helping people can kill a shinigami, thats probably why light is probably wants someone who understands his goals.
Spoiler for Death Note:
Old 2007-09-22, 19:00   Link #103
Jaden

Urgh

Light doesn't become a shinigami. The special episode changes nothing. Ryuk's just babbling to himself when he says "Isn't that right, Light?". The new shinigami obviously isn't Light, he's just someone who wanted to hear Light's tale from Ryuk and got intrigued by it. Sorry for misleading.
Old 2007-09-22, 19:40   Link #104
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Really LOL man light haters are really angry about it Guess light won!
Old 2007-09-23, 06:11   Link #105
Rem and Ryuk

I think the writers wrote it like that to leave it open to interpretation to whoever watches, that way it really satisfies everyone this time around. You can either think he was mumbling or you can think he was talking to Light. It really goes either way and personally I think he was talking to Light

If they really wanted to be clear cut about it, they would have changed it to something like "Light, you learned this the hard way, and now you're gone" or something. But clearly the choice to make it ambiguous was done as a conscious choice, we know how clever the writers have been all series long, it wouldn't make sense for them to not pay attention to what the characters are leading the audience to believe suddenly, in the very last line of the very last episode.
Old 2007-09-28, 11:34   Link #106
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
I need to go watch this special episode.....
Old 2007-09-30, 16:04   Link #107
IchiSenna999

does any1 know where to find this spec episode? subbed?
Old 2007-09-30, 17:39   Link #108
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiSenna999 View Post
does any1 know where to find this spec episode? subbed?
I would like to know too...I can find the raw, but not the subbed
Old 2007-10-05, 10:56   Link #109
Apple84

special episodes?? as in how many episodes will be made though? and it left off from epi 37...? i also heard theres gonna be a making of L only too?anyone know anymore info on this?thanks.
Old 2007-10-05, 12:37   Link #110
Echoes

They have made one, though it's not an episode in the normal sense of the word, since it's over 2 hours long. It's basically a retelling of Death Note with a few new scenes and alternations. The L only thing you're referring to might be the life-action movie about his past, as far as I know, there are no plans to animate it.
Old 2007-10-05, 15:30   Link #111
Apple84

ohhh i see..know where i can dl the special episode? i know its been told its still raw and wasnt that good? that sucks..i thought the one make of L only would be animated..it be nice if it was.. i dun like the live one.no offense to it but anime is way better.
Old 2007-10-05, 15:34   Link #112
Echoes

It's not up to me to say whether or not it sucks, I haven't even watched the whole thing, mostly just the added scenes. If you liked Death Note, you'll most likely enjoy this episode, though.

As for downloads, I don't know if you're even allowed to discuss it here, but it really doesn't matter, since I don't think it's been subbed.
Old 2007-10-05, 15:45   Link #113
Apple84

haah i was curious so i went a few page back and read some spoiler on the special episode..i find it somewhat confuse and i dun mind if its subs or not either way i just want to see how its made. seems like Death Note is never ending..heeheeh =D
Old 2007-10-05, 16:08   Link #114
Echoes

Death Note never ending? I wish.

It's mostly old material, though, but the episode is done well.
Old 2007-10-06, 13:33   Link #115
daisukechan
BakaDaichan

Send a message via AIM to daisukechan Send a message via MSN to daisukechan Send a message via Yahoo to daisukechan
Someone on a video thats on youtube made a comment that it may have been Matt since he had goggles >.< that would suck if it was Matt he was gunned down he doesnt need to be an ugly thing for the rest of his life
Old 2007-10-09, 11:01   Link #116
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Death Note never ending? I wish.

It's mostly old material, though, but the episode is done well.
I don't think anyone would want to see Death Note end...but Light dies...so basically if another Shinigami were to drop another note it would be the same...it would get boring...Now if Tsugumi Ohba has some kind of change of mind and deciedes to keep the story going, and Takeshi Obata would agree to do the art again..Ohba could write into the story(To avoid someone else getting the note) after the last chapter when Light dies and be all like....*Starts off with Light waking up in the Shinigami world right infront of the head Shinigami personess thing...* Then the Shinigami personness thing is all like "YOU!" and then Light is like "ME!" The the Shinigami is like "YES YOU! Out of a twist of fate you have not completly died." Light replys "What are you talking about? Am I a Shinigami now?"
The lead personess starts to laugh "Not quite......You are not a Shinigami...and you are not human...you are not dead, and you are not alive." The Shinigami says, "What?" Light asked confused...."You see....Before you died you were shot....alot...and the Ryuk wrote your name down in the Death Note...Now the rules is that no matter what, if your name is written in the note, you will die how it says to die...Now Ryuk only wrote your name down...Leaving you to have a heart attack..but you didn't just die from a heart attack, you also died from the wounds of a gun shot...so you were killed twice...Because you died like this...in some strange event...you have been given an extra life....."...And then it could go from there, or something like that....Then it would make it soooo much more epic and awsomes..wouldn't you agree?
Old 2007-10-14, 18:37   Link #117
Kiyoru

Isn't the Director's Cut supposed to be 3 hours long? I managed to see 15 minutes of it and it was pretty good. Although my Japanese isn't perfect, I managed to understand some of what they were saying, and it was pretty interesting. At first sight, I thought that was Light as the new shinigami, but after giving it some thought, I changed my mind.

I wonder what did happen to Light o.O
Old 2007-10-14, 19:17   Link #118
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

The little middle cuts say there is nothingness after death. So basically the Athiest view on afterlife. The same was said in manga.
Old 2007-10-15, 11:15   Link #119
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoru View Post
Isn't the Director's Cut supposed to be 3 hours long? I managed to see 15 minutes of it and it was pretty good. Although my Japanese isn't perfect, I managed to understand some of what they were saying, and it was pretty interesting. At first sight, I thought that was Light as the new shinigami, but after giving it some thought, I changed my mind.

I wonder what did happen to Light o.O
Well, Ryuk stated that the user of the Death Note can go to neither Heaven nor Hell, Then in the live-action movie, he said they go to a place called Nought. Now, I for one have no Idea what Nought is, so I would assume it's a place like "Limbo" or perhaps "Nought" could be non-existence, so bassicaly their soul is just gone and doesn't exsits...That is what I'm thinking, but it really could be anything.
Old 2007-10-16, 04:26   Link #120
Kiyoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Well, Ryuk stated that the user of the Death Note can go to neither Heaven nor Hell, Then in the live-action movie, he said they go to a place called Nought. Now, I for one have no Idea what Nought is, so I would assume it's a place like "Limbo" or perhaps "Nought" could be non-existence, so bassicaly their soul is just gone and doesn't exsits...That is what I'm thinking, but it really could be anything.
Isn't "Nought" slang for "Nothing"?
Closed Thread